Korean arcade parts discussion

DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs meJoined: Posts: 23,316
edited April 2015 in Tech Talk
Introduction Post

I admit I haven't have experience with Korean arcade parts, but I start a loose guide listing of what I do know and let people discus about Korean parts and maybe we can build up a half descent database.
I will reference the old THE ULTIMATE KOREAN ARCADE PART FAQ!! to flesh thing thread out.
What was noticed in the Tech Talk community is that many of the old Korean arcade part threads are dead and many threads have broken images, broken links, out of date and inactive.

Special thanks to (but not limited to) the following forum members (in no particular order) who ether helped me directly or those who contributed to older threads (even indirectly) which I tried to use to build this one.
d3v, slaycruz, armi0024, Upas, laugh, Takahashi, deadfrog, kowal, Moonchilde, hibachifinal, kkolding, Fearless, el greco,
Post edited by Darksakul on
“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
- Darth Vader, Philanthropist

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,316
    edited April 2015
    Korean arcade parts basics Work in progress

With every particular style of arcade parts, there is certain design elements or conversions that follow each style.
    As we already know the words of difference between American/European and Japanese style parts are.
    Japanese parts are designed to be fitted into thin metal panels while American parts are intended for thicker wooded panels.

Korean parts tend to follow their own conventions which have similarities and differences from other styles.
    With few exceptions, Korean joysticks can't mount properly in the typical Japanese joystick mount.
    As there usually a raised collar or neck that sticks above the top panel of a arcade controller.

There are three main manufacturers of Korean parts I will be dealing with
    • Crown
    • Myoungshin Fanta
    • Taeyung Fanta

There might be other manufacturers that could pop up but for joysticks at least we focus on those for now.

Korean sticks usually have no springs or restrictor gates.
    Unlike more typical American or Japanese style joysticks, Korean joysticks use a rubber (or similar material) grommet to center the joystick shaft or lever.
    For those who remembered the old American style part manufacturer Wico also used rubber grommets.

Even then there is different harnesses for the rubber grommets, labeled soft, medium and hard.

Korean sticks used individually tabbed microswitches or leaf switches, a .187 quick disconnect wiring or a .187 quick disconnect to a 5 pin JST E adapter is often used.
    edited April 2015
    Considered the lesser of the 3 big manufacturers until recently when they expanded into the home "fightstick" market (I hate that term, Fightsticks).

Crown Joysticks

Crown CWJ-303FK
    First of the Korean Joysticks to be compatible with Japanese style mounting.

Crown CWL-303
    very low stiffness
    gersung microswitches
    rotation = circle
    throw = angle - 13 degree; travel - 14mm
    engage = angle - 8 degree; travel - 9mm
    diagonal = range 20 degree; hitting 66%
    force to engage = 0.17kG

Crown CWJ-303N

used in Korean Tekken 6 Arcade machines

Crown CWL305
    very low stiffness
    Switches - Unknown
    rotation = circle w/ square actuator
    engage = angle - 7 degree; travel - 8mm
    diagonal = range 45 degree; hitting 90%
    force to engage = 0.175kG

There is also a version of this that uses a spring

Crown CWL306
    Comes with a Ball top instead of a bat top on the lever (not removable).
    Switches - Unknown
    rotation = circle
    throw = angle - 12 degree; travel - 12mm
    engage = angle - 8 degree; travel - 8mm
    diagonal = range 30 degree; hitting 80%
    force to engage = 0.275kG

Crown CWL-307
    Coming in both Korean mounting and Japanese mounting variations the Crown CWJ-307 is also the Official Tekken 7 Joystick.
    PD_1_448.jpg

edited April 2015
    Myoungshin Fanta

Myoungshin Fanta joysticks are one of the popular Korean style joysticks out there.
    Although many of their joysticks parts are interchangeable with Taeyung Fanta joysticks, they are two separate companies with different molds for their plastic parts.

Low Stiffnesss
    Starion microswitches
    rotation = circle
    engage = angle - 9 degree; travel - 10mm
    diagonal = range 25 degree; hitting 75%
    force to engage = 0.22kG
    edited April 2015
    Taeyung Fanta

Although many of their joysticks parts are interchangeable with Myoungshin Fanta joysticks, they are two separate companies with different molds for their plastic parts.

very stiff
    Gersung microswitches
    rotation = circle
    engage = angle - 9 degree; travel - 10mm
    diagonal = range 30 degree; hitting 80%
    force to engage = 0.5kG
    edited May 2015
    Full Arcade controllers

Saulabi for Powerful Game
    There are several versions out there, and due to color variations its difficult to identify by appearance so I just go by model number

PS1/PS2 sticks
    SPS-1000
    SPS-1000 Vibration: Same as above but with force feedback
    SPS-3000

PS3 Sticks
    4K: PS3 Stick (works with PC)

PC Only
    Online Black
    Online White
    SCS-2000
    Premium

Most of the Saulabi sticks used cheap knock off parts and often buttons soldered to the PCB.

Note: Ssaurabi (싸울아비) is a Modern Korean compound which literally means "a father who fights". -Wikipedia

Wooden Korean stick
    Wooden case instead of plastic, various versions support various systems, PS1/PS2, PS3, PC ect...

Omni Arcade Stick -Korean Edition- http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Omni-Korean-Edition
    Metal case Arcade stick developed by eTokki. Comes in Korean or Japanese parts, we focus on the Korean version.
    Built with Myoungshin Fanta stick and Crown CWB203A buttons, the stick uses the PCB from the Joytron Paewang Revolution.

Makestick Pro
    Joystick unknown
    Metal Body, Knock off buttons
    various versions support various systems

Joytron Paewang Revolution
    One of the first sticks to support support both the PS3 & Xbox360 straight out of the box.
    The parts are knock offs of Japanese style parts. The default button hole size fits crown buttons.
    its semi-common for people mount the Sanwa JLF inside, but I seen mods that allow for a Fanta joystick.
    Be prepared for a hack job, alot of cutting, filing and desoldering.
    The stick is more valued for it's PCB than everything else.
    Recently the PS360+ board has taken over the role the Paewang had filled.

Joytron EXchanger
    Hinged case, similar to the Razer Atorx and Mad Catz TE 2

Mad Catz

The Mad Catz Fightstick K.E. (Korean Edition) Link
    Using the same shell as the SE, TvC and Brawl Stick
    The KE uses a Crown CWJ-303FK as its joystick and Sanwa buttons.
    The KE is the only arcade controller that been sold retail in the United Sates that ever offered Korean Parts.
    edited April 2015
    Buttons

Unlike Japanese buttons that come in 30mm or 24mm or American buttons that comes in 1 1/8" (28.575mm) Many Korean buttons fit 27.5mm holes

Crown

Crown 203A
    fits 27.5mm holes
    snap in
    The 203A will work with .110 quick disconnects

Crown 203C
    fits 27.5mm holes
    snap in and screw in
    Have to solder to the button's terminals
    edited April 2015
    Other parts / Mod parts

Replacement Shaft

Crown 303-FK 6mm Hollow Shaft
    Designed to fit 6mm threading Japanese Ball tops and Bat tops (10mm bat tops will need the bat top adapter).
    The Shaft is hollow to allow for ball top lighting.

187 quick disconnect to a 5 pin JST E adapter
    Used to easily wire a Joystick with .187 terminals (or tabs) to a 5 pin joystick wire harness.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,450
    I'm a bit surprised you still haven't tried a Korean lever, though you may strongly dislike them given your stated preference for the "operation" method of play. My experience is admittedly limited to the 303-FK at this point, but they're pretty cool in their own way. Very unique, worth trying IMO. Kind of an in between compromise between old American style parts and Japanese levers with its own flavor, quite satisfying to throw around.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,689 mod
    Here's a handy graphic from Crown's website to help understand all their suffixes, at least for the new "Tekken 7" CWL-3507
    PD_1_448.jpg

For Tekken 7, I believe the official variant used is the one with the silicon rubber grommet (ST).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LizaniasLizanias Joined: Posts: 127
    edited April 2015
    d3v wrote: »
    Here's a handy graphic from Crown's website to help understand all their suffixes, at least for the new "Tekken 7" CWL-3507
    http://samducksa.com/new//_template/PROJECT_DETAIL/PD_1_448.jpg

For Tekken 7, I believe the official variant used is the one with the silicon rubber grommet (ST).

According to Taktak(Korean Tekken player) this variant is installed in Korean Tekken 7 cabinets
    i0oP6zl.jpg
  • FightGameGuruFightGameGuru Joined: Posts: 58
    Thanks Darksakul for reincarnating the old Korean part FAQ and giving us a place to discus theese often misunderstood arcade parts.

Kkolding nice pictures of the "myoungshin fanta airbag" first time I have ever seen this mod.
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    Anyway to buy one of these Fanta Airbags?

(also still want a Taeyoung Fanta...)
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    Just a quick reminder. You can use balltops with the Myoungshin Fanta and maybe with Crown too, just replace the shaft with a regular shaft from Sanwa and voila!
    The shafts are the same length and diameter. I used that with a personal fightstick from a few years ago, so I'm 100% sure of this... at least with the Fanta:
    SAM_5128_zpsosq3o4qf.jpg
    SAM_5131_zpskbmwandr.jpg
    SAM_5142_zpscugbuvde.jpg
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • kkoldingkkolding Joined: Posts: 152
    skaloola wrote: »
    Anyway to buy one of these Fanta Airbags?

(also still want a Taeyoung Fanta...)

Taeyoung Fanta is very much like the Crown CWJ-303N,

It's not possible to buy them if you don't live in Korea, they don't ship internationally.

but send me a PM, and we might be able to figure something out.
    Denmark CPH
    Fearless wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder. You can use balltops with the Myoungshin Fanta and maybe with Crown too, just replace the shaft with a regular shaft from Sanwa and voila!
    The shafts are the same length and diameter. I used that with a personal fightstick from a few years ago, so I'm 100% sure of this... at least with the Fanta:

I tried this wasn't really the same feel. but good tip if you want to try lollipop on a Myoungshin =)
    Denmark CPH
    Yeah, it not the same since the extra length of the battop helps to play a lot better. But still an option for those who are more used to play with balltops.

• el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 366
    From 2005 TZ
    Fanta and Crown information provided by laugh:

There some universal facts about Korean sticks. Korean sticks don't use any springs. They use a rubber pad to bring the stick back to neutral. The thickness or stiffness of the rubber is mostly responsible for the strength of the stick. Korean sticks all have bat-tops, aka american-lookin knobs but only smaller than American knobs.

Probably the most well known Korean stick is the Fanta stick. There's something most people DON'T know about when it comes to Fanta sticks is that they're two different manufacturers. The two companies are totally unrelated and their sticks just happened to be called with the same name.

The kind of Fanta that I've been selling are the MyoungShin Fantas (aka new Fantas). These sticks have a short knob and a smaller throw. They work well for both 2d and 3d. The possible colors for the knob are green and red. Black is getting super rare. The newer batches of these new Fantas have been coming out with Deco switches. Well they've very recently been making sticks with a slightly different model of Deco switches that give the unique clickly springly feel and sound that Gersung switches give. Now, sticks with either Gersung or Deco switches seem about equal in performance.

The Fanta made by the other company (who actually had the name first) is TaeYoung. These Fantas are what most Korean tekken players took to evo to play with. That includes KBM, MDJ and others. Some og cali tekken players also have these wooden Korean sticks with a handle on the side and a latch so that you can open up the case and store your cable and stuff. Those wooden sticks also had these old Fantas in them. The main characteristics are that they have a taller knob, slightly bigger throw, hella strong rubber that takes a long time to break in (most people remember this), and the surface of the knob has some anti-slip texture to them unlike the new Fantas which are shiny smooth. Good for both 2d and 3d. Colors come in green and red.

The other company that makes korean sticks is Crown. Crown has several different models. They have about average throw and average height knobs. The rubber comes in medium strength only. It would take too long to cover every stick they have in detail. Their sticks usually tend to be bad for 3d games. I think you can take EJM's word for the Crown sticks' performances from the old korean parts thread linked on the first post of this thread. Here's their website

Makers of the "Wooden Korean stick" and the Saulabi = http://www.stick.pe.kr

Thanks for the link but I don't read Korean and can't even get Google translate to translate the page.

I did found this

Saulabi thread
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/39822/saulabi-thread

Laught's Saulabi Modding thread
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/41542/saulabi-modding-tutorial/p1

These are both old threads with broken images and links, so please don't necro the threads with request for updates.
    Danm! I remember that thread even used that Modding thread and made a few of them saulabi's for the local scene.

Last few times I visited Korea I haven't been able to find any Taeyoung stick's, last ones I had was from Laugh/Etokki in 2011. as it looks right now it doesn't seem to be produced, or isn't popular enough.
    Denmark CPH
    I'm a bit surprised you still haven't tried a Korean lever, though you may strongly dislike them given your stated preference for the "operation" method of play. My experience is admittedly limited to the 303-FK at this point, but they're pretty cool in their own way. Very unique, worth trying IMO. Kind of an in between compromise between old American style parts and Japanese levers with its own flavor, quite satisfying to throw around.
    The Joysticks I actually dislike are the Sanwa JLF and most of the Happ and IL catalog.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,644
    Darksakul wrote: »
    The Joysticks I actually dislike are the Sanwa JLF and most of the Happ and IL catalog.

lol, you're gonna hate korean sticks even more.
    kkolding wrote: »
    Crazy good stuff!

You don't really seem to miss anything from the official manufactures, there is a completely different marked for k-sticks.
    there are a few small shops that modify the joysticks. the most popular stick to mod is the Myoungshin Fanta, They call them "Myoungshin Fanta Airbag"

They change the latex rubber to a silicone rubber, and use Thailand micro switches and support the switches underneath and on top of them.

The Myoungshin Fanta Airbag is the golden standard for top players in korea. Infiltration, JDCR etc. etc. uses this version.

when it comes to arcades they tend to use cheaper parts, and you never really know what you are play
    Interesting, I wonder then if the 307 having a silicon rubber option is a response to players preferring the "fanta airbag".
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LizaniasLizanias Joined: Posts: 127
    edited May 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Full Arcade controllers

Wooden Korean stick
    Omni Arcade Stick -Korean Edition-[/b] http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Omni-Korean-Edition
    Joytron Paewang Revolution

Maybe you should add this product as well.. Makestick PRO
    That is if someone is willing to share information because I know almost nothing on this product

Now I kinda understand why there's a metal ring that holds the microswitches. Nin(a top Korean player & commentator) once brought a complete panel from I assume Green Arcade to our local arcade. I heard he used a modified Myoungshin Fanta. But I never had any idea what exactly had been done to the stick until now.
    bkMEQQj.jpg
    iJkYzVtm.jpg
    everytime time his match came up at the tournament, the panel had to be swapped
    Post edited by Lizanias on
    edited April 2015
    ^It's stuff like that that makes me think believe that Crown added the silicon grommet option to the 307 specifically as a response to modded Fantas. I mean, Crown seems to be the most progressive of the Korean manufacturers.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    ^It's stuff like that that makes me think believe that Crown added the silicon grommet option to the 307 specifically as a response to modded Fantas. I mean, Crown seems to be the most progressive of the Korean manufacturers.

The silicon rubber gommet is alot more durable then the original gommets, so the rubber wont soften up over time playing on it.

I have both a makestick pro and a magic stick both uses there own mod of the Myoungshin fanta, alltho Magic stick dont use Moyngshin fanta anymore they seem to use a modified 307 now.
    2hwljbb.jpg
    m8fev7.jpg
    2py6aub.jpg

Denmark CPH
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 303
    edited April 2015
    @Fearless I was thinking that probably Samducks opted for shafts with non seperable battops and balltops because they wanted to follow WICO's method of one piece shaft&handle part, since they used grommets too (design that was recycled for non grommet models with Suzo, IL and Happ with their microswitch models) : Samducksa surely fears the rubber may grip the shaft and eventually unscrew the battop...
    How did your Sanwa JLF shaft mod work out? Did it start to loosen and unscrew a bit or not ?

@kkolding Funny you mentioned Istmall.co.kr since I mentioned them on the Zero Delay PCB thread they have the whole ZD style PCB line of products) , but oddly enough they don't have such a large choice of Samducksa buttons, no sign of the CWB 207 H with 2-pin connector, that has threaded and snap-in design all in one! Did you try that one? And what of the american microswitch style CWB-201-LA&LB ? As for the leaf switch models CWB 202-A & B , what are they worth?

Korean modder "Hibal" tested the 307 line of prototype silicone ST grommets (or "tension rubbers" as they say in Korea) on his website, with a demonstration video :
    hibal.tistory.com/631

-translucent "55 hardness" silicone : medium soft
    -opaque white "55 hardness" silicone : slightly firmer
    -opaque white "60 hardness" silicone : even firmer feel perhaps a tad too much for him according to what I understood, he finds it too tough and tiring.

He speaks of compatibility with preexisting model 303.

Hibal has another test page and vid on youtube where he tests proto grommets for 307F : 2 black rubbers at "60 hardness" and 2 silicone grommets, one opaque white at "45" and one translucent at "50".
    these are not mentioned in the article I posted just above (which is the 2nd test in fact). He clearly states they are prototypes that may not coincide with final production models.
    Hibal's initial test with 45-60 "hardness" tension grommets:
    hibal.tistory.com/625
    Here he states that the 45 may really be too weak for centering, whereas 60 may be too strong

Compare with korean modder Kuenste's 307F test where the ST silicone grommet he uses in the 307F seems completely loose and unusable (absolutely shitty centering, must watch) compared to all the silicone models tested by Hibal, even though Hibal himself thought the "45" St silicone would be too soft and not precise enough!!
    Perhaps the model tested by Kuenste is even softer than the super soft 45 Hibal wasn't so pleased with?
    Is the soft grommet tested by Kuenste a proto or the production model ST silicone? Since Kuenste tests only one rubber and one silicone, one would immediately think of the only two grommets used for final release, but we need confirmation.
    Kuenste's demonstration :
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=AjgW5fQmsbM

Worth noting: in his first grommet test, Hibal clearly says the korean Tekken 7 cabs have 307 ST "60" grommets (unless I poorly understood) . What's going on.. I thought the retail ST silicone grommet was supposed to be "soft" as advertised by Samducksa (you can see the advert in this same thread : rubber normal, silicone "soft" .. ) ? If someone who understands korean could help us out..
    Anyways "60" is not soft at all according to Hibal's test.

In this article , Hibal speaks of which lever models are used in Tekken cabs in Korea (confirms 307F-ST as official in Tekken 7 cabs) and which seem best for console fightsticks :
    hibal.tistory.com/329

Hibal again tests various proto actuators on the 307F lever ( 20.7mm 21mm & 21.2mm ) :
    hibal.tistory.com/651

what about the "silent" 307F levers, they are fitted with leafswitches , reviving in a sort the dreaded 304 model , which brings me to ask if the 307 silent are as bad as the 304 ? (by the way, Samducksa doesn't feature the Crown 304 leaf model on their english site, only on the korean version) . So did anyone test the silent one, and if so is there a substantial improvement concerning the leaf durability and tendency to deform quickly compared to 304?

Last but not least, Hibal's complete 307 model test and comparison with 303 and Sanwa JLF (I'm a bit skeptical of his evaluation of the return to neutral aka centering qualities when comapred to JLF ) :
    http://hibal.tistory.com/398
    Post edited by Agieze on
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    @kkolding is there a possible way to get a white bat top instead of that clear version crown has? That one in the pic of the modded fanta you posted makes me want one lol.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    Don't know where to get one, other then from Green Arcade in Seoul Korea, paid 50 dollars for it.
    Denmark CPH
    Don't know where to get one, other then from Green Arcade in Seoul Korea, paid 50 dollars for it.

Damn....right now I have a custom shaft to for balltops etc on mine and I put that new clear bat top from sanwa on it....looks sweet...just afraid of cracking over time...
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    @kkolding Funny you mentioned Istmall.co.kr since I mentioned them on the Zero Delay PCB thread they have the whole ZD style PCB line of products) , but oddly enough they don't have such a large choice of Samducksa buttons, no sign of the CWB 207 H with 2-pin connector, that has threaded and snap-in design all in one! Did you try that one? And what of the american microswitch style CWB-201-LA&LB ? As for the leaf switch models CWB 202-A & B , what are they worth?

Good stuff with Hibals reviews, I have never seen thoose buttons you refer too, nor tried them. is there any pictures of the lying around?
    Denmark CPH
    Good stuff with Hibals reviews, I have never seen thoose buttons you refer too, nor tried them. is there any pictures of the lying around?

apart from the pics on samducksa.com, never seen them anywhere. Laugh doesn't sell them, neither does istmall.co.kr

Threaded + snap-in all in one : http://samducksa.com/new/eng/product/index_view.php?UidNum=362
    US style microswitch : http://samducksa.com/new/eng/product/index_view.php?UidNum=109
    Leafswitch: http://samducksa.com/new/eng/product/index_view.php?UidNum=113

Paradise arcade will have those buttons soon.
    edited April 2015
    Edit....sorry Agieze already posted link to buttons.
    Post edited by slaycruz on
    Agieze wrote: »
    @Fearless I was thinking that probably Samducks opted for shafts with non seperable battops and balltops because they wanted to follow WICO's method of one piece shaft&handle part, since they used grommets too (design that was recycled for non grommet models with Suzo, IL and Happ with their microswitch models) : Samducksa surely fears the rubber may grip the shaft and eventually unscrew the battop...
    How did your Sanwa JLF shaft mod work out? Did it start to loosen and unscrew a bit or not ?

I used that stick for about a year with the mesh balltop and I never had any problem with it... just need to get used to it, since is shorter than the original battop.
    With the Sanwa's battop was way different, it gets loose very often but then I always had problems with those, even when some customers asked me to build them fightsticks with JLF of LS-32 and a battop.
    So, for me the balltop works great, with the battop it works just like usual. But I have to tell you, unless you want to have another color for the battop or one of those made of aluminum, is way better to go with the original from Fanta or Crown.

@Fearless you'll agree that since the sanwa balltop passes the playing test and not the bat top, it means the bat has just that extra leverage that will be enough to unscrew itself . The threaded end on the JLF shaft isn't very long neither.
    The battops I've seen on JLF never came off probably because they were custom made plastic type, with the insert recessed deeper into the handle , the insert being a thick one , brand name . Sanwa seems to go the opposite route thse days, the new clear bats being slightly less recessed from what I've read.
    Anyways it's good to have a short shaft solution, thanks for the input, personally I prefer short as possible for shmups and fighters, but do not care for beat'em alls. Did the JLF shaft on the koreans

It would be interesting to hear what players think of the silent crown 307. If ever you give it a try tell us!

@d3v there was a bug with the posting of my reply (the one stuffed with links) to Fearless and kkolding in this thread : it didn't appear , it came back to a blank form, so I had to rewrite it from scratch immediately after but now I see both versions are online (hours after)... please delete the second one which basically is almost the same..
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 366
    The non-clear white Crown comes from Joytron EXchanger. They used to sell them separately as "white cone joystick" on ebay and exportprive.com

img_06.jpg
    Agieze wrote: »
    @Fearless you'll agree that since the sanwa balltop passes the playing test and not the bat top, it means the bat has just that extra leverage that will be enough to unscrew itself . The threaded end on the JLF shaft isn't very long neither.
    The battops I've seen on JLF never came off probably because they were custom made plastic type, with the insert recessed deeper into the handle , the insert being a thick one , brand name . Sanwa seems to go the opposite route thse days, the new clear bats being slightly less recessed from what I've read.
    Anyways it's good to have a short shaft solution, thanks for the input, personally I prefer short as possible for shmups and fighters, but do not care for beat'em alls. Did the JLF shaft on the koreans

It would be interesting to hear what players think of the silent crown 307. If ever you give it a try tell us!

Well, as I said before, I've tried some models of Crown already, but they don't feel the same for me, but still want to try out the 307.
    I will order one as soon as I have money for it and I will let you know my thoughts about it.

• Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,811
    edited April 2015
    el greco wrote: »
    The non-clear white Crown comes from Joytron EXchanger. They used to sell them separately as "white cone joystick" on ebay and exportprive.com

Swap out the buttons, and the EXChanger's a great stick.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk