The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    HOLY HELL man, that's BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
  • ThugBardThugBard Joined: Posts: 7
    Quick question for those of you who buy old arcade cabinets: have you ordered them or do you usually pick them up locally/drive to pick them up?

I really want a House of the Dead cabinet at some point in my life, but it looks like ordering one from many states away is always going to be the most available option.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,823
    ThugBard wrote: »
    Quick question for those of you who buy old arcade cabinets: have you ordered them or do you usually pick them up locally/drive to pick them up?

I really want a House of the Dead cabinet at some point in my life, but it looks like ordering one from many states away is always going to be the most available option.
    Depends on who the seller is honestly. But the majority of the time its local pick up.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    Dang AG.. that neo candy table is CHERRY. hope the price didn't hurt.

also, good seeing you here :)
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
  • arcade gamearcade game Joined: Posts: 4

Thanks guys
    I think i god an ok price for what it is
    And considering it has a rotate mech like an Egret

Here is a small video
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    Uploaded a video of the cabinet. Best viewed in 1080p 60fps although it still stutters a little :(

• RamrodRamrod P.G. Joined: Posts: 406
    ThugBard wrote: »

What state are you in? A HotD shouldn't be too hard to find. Usually you only have shipped games that are a little more rare (unless you're in a remote area where everything is rare).
  • RamrodRamrod P.G. Joined: Posts: 406
    edited May 2015

Thanks guys

Here is a small video

Never seen a dedicated neo cocktail like that...very nice. But why are there only 3 buttons per player?
    edited May 2015
    Ramrod wrote: »

Thanks guys

Here is a small video

Never seen a dedicated neo cocktail like that...very nice. But why are there only 3 buttons per player?
    That isn't Neo Geo, it is a older SNK cocktail cab, SNK made games since the late 70s

There First game Osma Wars in 1979

Four buttons didn't get introduced till the time Neo Geo came out.
    Another Pre-Neo Geo SNK title was Athena, which got a NES port.
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    ericleroi wrote: »
    If that's not what you meant, let me know.

Actually I'm referring to the panel below that. It's the one on your video at the 1 minute mark.
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    x24 wrote: »
    ericleroi wrote: »
    If that's not what you meant, let me know.

Actually I'm referring to the panel below that. It's the one on your video at the 1 minute mark.

Ah, gotcha. Here's a few (rather old) pics:

VewlixSlimTopStack.jpg

VewlixSlimFrontFinal.jpg

Cut at an angle to make sure the beveled edges line up correctly:

VewlixSlimTopSide-1.jpg

Used some supporting blocks on the insides and glued and screwed everything in place:

VewlixSlimFrontTopAttached.jpg

Then just filled, sanded and painted to get a seamless finish.

VewlixSlimJoin.jpg
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    Oh ok, you actually have a lip built in there to hold a front panel. Mine is flush all the way to the back. Thanks.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    the7k wrote: »

This is some of my stuff that I brought to an anime con. Blast City (running Sailor Moon), dedicated Chase HQ, Neo Geo 2-Slot (Metal Slug X + Aero Fighters 2 Friday, Metal Slug 3 + Panic Bomer Saturday, Metal Slug 2 + League Bowling Sunday), Neo Geo 4-Slot (Last Blade 2 & Waku Waku 7 all weekend, then swapped out KOF'98, '02, '03, SamSho2, Sam Sho4 and SvCC each day in the other two slots), Atomiswave (Hokuto No Ken) and dedicated Killer Instinct 2.

Awesome. Could you please when have the time, post more pics of the Atomiswave Hokuto Cabinet? Thx in advance!

• SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    been looking for one of those capcom blue cabinets forever..

I could just make one but I wanted the the REALEST one straight outta some hood arcade lol..
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• And OneAnd One Joined: Posts: 59
    That Capcom Big Blue looks sweet Ramrod. Nice work!
    Defense wins championships!!!!
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,350
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 552
    @NENDO thanks for the support during the build brother..
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 406
    @jonyfraze nice work keep it up bro
    man i really would love to have my own cab been wishing for one for years, any tips on how i can get my hands on one candy cabs or vewlix L ?

• STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    AVC wrote: »
    @jonyfraze nice work keep it up bro
    man i really would love to have my own cab been wishing for one for years, any tips on how i can get my hands on one candy cabs or vewlix L ?

Hit up @Jasen Hicks he's doing a group buy buy of some vewlix cabs. Don't try to lowball him though. He's getting it for a pretty good price. You just have to add shipping.
    Nice Project.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,350
    rjmajor323 wrote: »
    So heres a story about my adventure with Arcade CRT issues. A cautionary tale….

Love that cab. Let us know how it works out.
    So heres a story about my adventure with Arcade CRT issues. A cautionary tale…
    I remember other people on the forums been telling me there will be some "learning experiences" with buying your first cab (I am paraphrasing there).
    One person puts it as a 'right of passage' for Arcade cab owners.

Most people their first time ether overpay or have alot of repair/restoration work to undergo.
    Apparently the monitor is a common issue in old cabs.
    Good thing the body looks like it's in great shape. Fiberglass repair is a pain in the ass.

Still the Sammy Atomswave is a awesome cab, and I like to see how this project progresses.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,417
    Atomiswave was my first candy cab. Most of the problems with this cab was the shitty PSU & the geometry of the screen. Overall though its an awesome cab. Can you describe more of the actual problem you had? Before & After you sent it to "Vics" as in how the screen looked liked or behaving. Was it working in the shop & when you took it home it died?

• rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 44
    edited August 2015
    NENDO wrote: »
    So heres a story about my adventure with Arcade CRT issues. A cautionary tale….

Love that cab. Let us know how it works out.

I will be updating on saturdaym ill keep everyone posted!
    Darksakul wrote: »
    So heres a story about my adventure with Arcade CRT issues. A cautionary tale…
    I remember other people on the forums been telling me there will be some "learning experiences" with buying your first cab (I am paraphrasing there).
    One person puts it as a 'right of passage' for Arcade cab owners.

Most people their first time ether overpay or have alot of repair/restoration work to undergo.
    Apparently the monitor is a common issue in old cabs.
    Good thing the body looks like it's in great shape. Fiberglass repair is a pain in the ass.

Still the Sammy Atomswave is a awesome cab, and I like to see how this project progresses.

Overpaying has been my issue so far I think more than anything, but it could be worse. Yea the body is in excellent condition, and I got the 2p panel on the cheap too so its almost all good to go.
    rcaido wrote: »
    Atomiswave was my first candy cab. Most of the problems with this cab was the shitty PSU & the geometry of the screen. Overall though its an awesome cab. Can you describe more of the actual problem you had? Before & After you sent it to "Vics" as in how the screen looked liked or behaving. Was it working in the shop & when you took it home it died?

When I took it to Vic it was a blank screen but the sound was working. When I went to Vics to pick it up it was running like the day I bought it, no issues. When I got it back it lasted 5 minutes before the screen started to wobble and flicker and then poof it just went black. Someone in another thread mentioned I might have a voltage issue as well, and I'm sure this thing doesn't have a step down transformer so I just bought one of these off of Amazon and am going to give it a shot. Still shitty work on their part for not replacing the necessary parts and even mentioning it could be an issue.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PC4JL4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    Still shitty work on their part for not replacing the necessary parts and even mentioning it could be an issue.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PC4JL4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    I think there is a more elegant solution than getting a Japanese 100v to US 110/120v transformer

I need to read up more on it myself, there seems to be a safety issue in wiring mains voltage.

I also found this
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=20288.0
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=28990

You can replace the PSU w/ a cheap Happ PSU.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-15-AMP-Switching-Power-Supply-Arcade-Multicade-8-Liner-Games-/110934663195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d438a01b

Then there is guy name Franco B that does cables at arcadeotaku. You can use Happ PSU with your existing cables. Very easy drop & replace option if the PSU is your problem.

20150613_022318_zpsvrvgjczn.jpg
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Nice cab!!!

I've had a lot of monitor Chassis's worked on P&L does get them working but they hack the crap out of them to do it. If you want repairs done correctly I would HIGHLY suggest you look at http://www.arcadecup.com/

Chad is not the cheapest but I've had 30-40 chassis done in the last 3 years. The first 15 I did with P&L, 7 worked, 1 kind of worked and 7 were horribly done. The 7 they did right, worked well, nice work but it's not consistent. The other chassis were all done by Chad, all were perfect, never an issue. High quality caps when possible (not the cheap crap)

Just my 2 cents. :)
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    NICE!!! P&L is much cheaper than Chad, but I was willing to pay a little more to get something consistent (one chassis cost me 200 by the time I was done shipping and back and forth to P&L 3 times)

Great cabinet, and I couldn't have picked a better game for it :)
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    edited August 2015
    Reminds me my old setup!

2012-05-10002403.jpg
  • rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 44
    rcaido wrote: »
    Reminds me my old setup!

2012-05-10002403.jpg

lol thats spooky. I need those stools :(