A Few Questions about HSF2?

cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
I have 2 questions and hopefully someone can help answer them but before that your probably wondering why start a new HSF2 thread, Well for one the other seem dead or have no response and 2 none of them go into great detail about 1 certain mode I plan on talking about, However if this is for some reason unacceptable then you may move this thread or combined it with another thread. But anyway on to the questions.. .

1.) Does anyone still play this game currently online? (Fightcade more specifically) - Just asking because when ever I visit the room it's always for the most part empty except for when Ko-Rai is in there. I know more people favor CE & ST then they do this game but I still think it's a fun and very entertaining game. IMO the fact that different versions of characters can square off against one another is enjoyable for me already.

2.) I was wondering about the "Super" characters, Are any of them good or viable in this game? Which characters can compete? - The only reason I ask is because I play Super Ken and rarely do I see people play with Super characters (save for Biollante and his Super Chun). I was wondering why this was because I plan to play with a few more Super characters myself. Is Super the worst mode or something? I've heard that they can redizzy which is good imo so yes more info on this please.

If anyone can help me out with these question I'd be more than grateful. Thanks!
«1

Comments

  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    1) HSF2 is dead. Most players simply preffer ST. The problem with HSF2 is that most people abuse the CE characters, which are very annoying to play against (unbalanced damage/dizzy/priority). HF still suffers from retarded damage and dizzy, but some priority flaws were fixed. If CE was banned, plus a few chars from WW, then HSF2 would be more enjoyable IMO. You can still try to ask in the ST room if someone want to go there and play that with you though.

    2) Some of the Super cahracters are actually good. But for most of them you're better with the Old version (from ST) of the characters because some of them got better special cancellation window. (hold Start when choosing the 'Super' character type and then press a button. You'll hear a different sound). The comparison between old and New characters( from ST) are all on the ST wiki so you can check these yourself. I for example preffer the Old Thawk because he has better normals (priority and damage, dizzy is the same).
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Born2SPD wrote: »
    1) HSF2 is dead. Most players simply preffer ST. The problem with HSF2 is that most people abuse the CE characters, which are very annoying to play against (unbalanced damage/dizzy/priority). HF still suffers from retarded damage and dizzy, but some priority flaws were fixed. If CE was banned, plus a few chars from WW, then HSF2 would be more enjoyable IMO. You can still try to ask in the ST room if someone want to go there and play that with you though.

    2) Some of the Super cahracters are actually good. But for most of them you're better with the Old version (from ST) of the characters because some of them got better special cancellation window. (hold Start when choosing the 'Super' character type and then press a button. You'll hear a different sound). The comparison between old and New characters( from ST) are all on the ST wiki so you can check these yourself. I for example preffer the Old Thawk because he has better normals (priority and damage, dizzy is the same).

    Ohh I know about the Old versions of characters, Was just wondering if there was any good regular "Super" characters, Which of the regular Super characters are "actually good", I've heard about Ken, Honda, Dhalsim, Sagat but that's about it. Would you if you have time to be willing to further elaborate?

    Also thank you once again for your response, Kinda hard to get one nowadays :smiley:
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Anyone else wanna offer some answers? Is there any Super character better than their "Old" counterparts? Are there any good Super characters in general.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    Anyone else wanna offer some answers? Is there any Super character better than their "Old" counterparts? Are there any good Super characters in general.

    Don't know much about Super SF2. Very few people do, it wasn't really popular at any point during its life cycle.

    As far as playing HSF2, you might get away with asking the ST people if they want to play. Some of them like playing HSF2 casually.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Born2SPD wrote: »
    If CE was banned, plus a few chars from WW, then HSF2 would be more enjoyable IMO.

    Who would you ban from WW? I would guess you would say Guile, but I don't know if people realize how difficult it is to set up his jab redizzy, not to mention he's the worst version of Guile. WW Gief's short SPD landing is totally negated from not being able to move his lariat.

    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    I was actually only thinking about guile, i just reread my post now and i have no idea why i used the word "few" on it.
    And I agree with you: even though WW Gief's SPD is completelly unbalanced, against a decent player you'll basically never be allowed to land it, on most matchups at least.
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Born2SPD wrote: »
    If CE was banned, plus a few chars from WW, then HSF2 would be more enjoyable IMO.

    Who would you ban from WW? I would guess you would say Guile, but I don't know if people realize how difficult it is to set up his jab redizzy, not to mention he's the worst version of Guile. WW Gief's short SPD landing is totally negated from not being able to move his lariat.
    WW Guile is the worst? Any who maybe you might be able to help, In your experience do feel that there is any Super character that is viable in competition?
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    WW Guile is the worst? Any who maybe you might be able to help, In your experience do feel that there is any Super character that is viable in competition?

    Taken just by what WW Guile has (jab redizzy non-wtihstanding) he is the worst. All sonic booms have the same speed (IIRC) and he no reversal since he's a WW character.

    As far as Super SF2 characters... I don't know of any reason to use them. Of course we don't know for sure since no one has broken down their frame data, but by what we do know, Old ST characters recover from blockstun/hitstun one frame faster, some have one frame faster jump arcs, and some have waaaay better properties than their original Super counterpart (Sagat, Honda, others I guess).
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    Admittedly I play HSF2 everyday. I can't let go of it for Pre-ST nostalgia. There are many words to describe this particular game despite the unbalanced tier opposed to ST. I FUCKING LOVE HYPER STREET FIGHTER 2.
    I'm not an online player. I'm into traditional arcade/supergun set ups followed by Dreamcast and Cps2 ST.

  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    WW Guile is the worst? Any who maybe you might be able to help, In your experience do feel that there is any Super character that is viable in competition?

    Taken just by what WW Guile has (jab redizzy non-wtihstanding) he is the worst. All sonic booms have the same speed (IIRC) and he no reversal since he's a WW character.

    As far as Super SF2 characters... I don't know of any reason to use them. Of course we don't know for sure since no one has broken down their frame data, but by what we do know, Old ST characters recover from blockstun/hitstun one frame faster, some have one frame faster jump arcs, and some have waaaay better properties than their original Super counterpart (Sagat, Honda, others I guess).

    Well I did here that Super characters have Redizzy's and Old characters don't. Also I have heard that "Super" = Ken, Honda, Dhalsim, Sagat & Vega were pretty good.

    But in general how do you break down frame data. I'll give an example below....

    Turbo 0 Speed - Frames of Hadouken speed for Ryu

    World Warrior - 14 - 39
    Champion Edition - 11 - 39
    Hyper Fighting - 11 - 39
    Super - 11 - 39
    SuperTurbo - 12 - 40

    The post above was done by TrueSephiorth but my question is how was he able to find this out.

    Maybe if I knew I would probably break down the "Super" characters frame data myself but until then I'm asking people here if they can name good viable "Super" characters and yet I get directed to the "Old" characters (Just wanna input here that in case this is sounding snobbish or rude . . . . I'm not trust me :smile: ) But I wanted to know about Super specific characters. I appreciate the help and suggestions to use the Old characters but at the same time if I wanted to know about the Old character I would have asked. Man I feel like I'm gonna get a mixed reaction based off this but it's worth asking and explaining so if you can help me out with these few more questions or have any suggestion I would appreciated it thanks.

    By the way you by any chance play this on Fightcade? Would love to play a few sometime.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    7 5 0 wrote: »
    Admittedly I play HSF2 everyday. I can't let go of it for Pre-ST nostalgia. There are many words to describe this particular game despite the unbalanced tier opposed to ST. I FUCKING LOVE HYPER STREET FIGHTER 2.
    I'm not an online player. I'm into traditional arcade/supergun set ups followed by Dreamcast and Cps2 ST.

    Well if you play it alot maybe you can give insight on some of the good viable "Super" characters. Which ones are viable for competition in your opinion. I keep asking people cause I know there has to be at least 2 or 3 with 5 being the most?


    Thanks!
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    By the way you by any chance play this on Fightcade? Would love to play a few sometime.

    I usually check the HFS2 room every time I'm on fightcade but find no one active in there. I'd totally be down for some matches.

    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    By the way you by any chance play this on Fightcade? Would love to play a few sometime.

    I usually check the HFS2 room every time I'm on fightcade but find no one active in there. I'd totally be down for some matches.

    Cool is your user name the same on Fightcade?
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2015
    It's "x64". If you see me in the ST room, just remind me and we'll play some HFS2.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    What are some basic settings to set up fightcade (latency, vsync, speed # etc)?
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    HSF2 was hot during the XBOX Live days. It was even featured at EVO 2006 (which I played in)
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    Man I'm sorry, online fighting isn't for me. very un-precise timing. I had moments versing players from JP and Europe with a similar downspeed to mines at 54mbps and it was a slightly smoother experience than domestic ones.
    I suppose it is still fun for road trips, casual gaming, and the sorts with my laptop/desktops. However, I feel this isn't orthodox enough.

    I will swing by fightcade from time to time.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    HSF2 was hot during the XBOX Live days. It was even featured at EVO 2006 (which I played in)[/quote

    Yeah I've seen you on fightcade, You Beat Ko-Rai with O.Bison, Do you use him specifically or are you well rounded with all the modes?
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    most
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    most

    What are your thoughts on the "Super" characters, any of them you think are good?
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    edited August 2015
    Well guys I found some Super matches on Hsf2, Maybe we could learn more from this



    Also in this vid Ko-Rai displays some great uses of the Super Characters . . .

    challenge-9765-1439038399.13@hsf2 - This vid will only work I think if you have Fightcade
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    edited August 2015
    So I have been playing with "Super" Bison and so far I can say he is basically ST Bison but without the SUPER and his air juggle punches. Which I suppose already makes him worse than CE & ST. However the question is if he is worse than HF Bison?

    To me I think it depends on preference. For one the charge on the scissor kicks is shorter in Super than it is in HF so you can probably put out more combos and such but on the other hand HF scissor kick even though it has a longer charge take up quite some damage and leaves your opponent staggered standing allowing for a HK or something for a dizzy/stun then follow up with throw or something so it all really depends.

    I haven't played O.Bison much which is why I haven't stated anything on him yet.

    As I have said I'm not an expert but just telling you guys what I have observed, But for people who have played it and are pro's do you agree with my statement or am I off some where?
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    So I have been playing with "Super" Bison and so far I can say he is basically ST Bison but without the SUPER and his air juggle punches. Which I suppose already makes him worse than CE & ST. However the question is if he is worse than HF Bison?

    To me I think it depends on preference. For one the charge on the scissor kicks is shorter in Super than it is in HF so you can probably put out more combos and such but on the other hand HF scissor kick even though it has a longer charge take up quite some damage and leaves your opponent staggered standing allowing for a HK or something for a dizzy/stun then follow up with throw or something so it all really depends.

    I haven't played O.Bison much which is why I haven't stated anything on him yet.

    As I have said I'm not an expert but just telling you guys what I have observed, But for people who have played it and are pro's do you agree with my statement or am I off some where?
    There are two S Bisons in AE: ST old Bison, and SSF2 Bison. You pick ST old characters by selecting "super" with start, rather than an attack button. Both have the same hitboxes, but SSF2 characters take one more frame to recover from attacks (on hit or block) and have less cancels. As for Bison, he should have several more cancels in ST old mode.

    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/O._M._Bison_(ST)

    All attacks where the cancel field has a * will only work this way in ST, and as ST old mode in AE. In SSF2 and as SSF2 mode in AE, they cannot be canceled into specials.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    edited August 2015
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    So I have been playing with "Super" Bison and so far I can say he is basically ST Bison but without the SUPER and his air juggle punches. Which I suppose already makes him worse than CE & ST. However the question is if he is worse than HF Bison?

    To me I think it depends on preference. For one the charge on the scissor kicks is shorter in Super than it is in HF so you can probably put out more combos and such but on the other hand HF scissor kick even though it has a longer charge take up quite some damage and leaves your opponent staggered standing allowing for a HK or something for a dizzy/stun then follow up with throw or something so it all really depends.

    I haven't played O.Bison much which is why I haven't stated anything on him yet.

    As I have said I'm not an expert but just telling you guys what I have observed, But for people who have played it and are pro's do you agree with my statement or am I off some where?
    There are two S Bisons in AE: ST old Bison, and SSF2 Bison. You pick ST old characters by selecting "super" with start, rather than an attack button. Both have the same hitboxes, but SSF2 characters take one more frame to recover from attacks (on hit or block) and have less cancels. As for Bison, he should have several more cancels in ST old mode.

    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/O._M._Bison_(ST)

    All attacks where the cancel field has a * will only work this way in ST, and as ST old mode in AE. In SSF2 and as SSF2 mode in AE, they cannot be canceled into specials.

    I Knew how to pick the Old characters, I was just saying I didn't try my hand on O.Bison yet was all. So based off of what your saying "Super" & "Old" characters are basically the same with one frame difference?

    It seems I was right on everything else though, Although "Super" Bison has a few cancels like LK & LP cancels. I'll have to try this out for myself.

    I will return once I've tested Old & Super Bison some more as well as the other Super Characters.

    UPDATE: So I did some test between Super & Old Bison and yes Old Bison is better because unlike Super Bison who can only cancel off of LP & LK Old Bison can cancel off of LP,MP,LK & MK. I haven't tried HK but I know HP he can't unless someone has done it and can prove m otherwise

    So from Best to Worst Bison so far is as below

    M.Bison/Vega: CE, ST, O.ST, S = HF

    Anyone agree or disagree on this?
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Also, you have SSF2 old mode as well. Highlight Super, hold the start button (don't let go) then press the jab button. You will hear a different select soundwave just likt the ST old characters selection
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Also, you have SSF2 old mode as well. Highlight Super, hold the start button (don't let go) then press the jab button. You will hear a different select soundwave just likt the ST old characters selection

    Actually if you do that to Super you will get the ST Old characters, If you hold start on ST you get super stock storage where as if you hold start on SSF2 you get ST Old.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Yeah basically holding start on Super and ST gives you the original ST and ST old characters. So in reality HSF2 has 7 modes for each character.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Except there is 0% reason to use the default ST characters that we know of.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Except there is 0% reason to use the default ST characters that we know of.

    Zero reason to use Super Turbo characters?
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    edited August 2015
    The default ST characters (i.e. not holding start while selecting the ST characters). No one wants "stored super-less" Chun or Honda and possibly other nerfs. On the flip side, maybe they fixed N. Hawk's stray hitbox on his crouching MP? I suppose Sim, Ken, and Sagat players would enjoy using their characters' supers as a reversal too. I guess the default ST choice isn't all bad.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    WW Guile is the worst? Any who maybe you might be able to help, In your experience do feel that there is any Super character that is viable in competition?

    Taken just by what WW Guile has (jab redizzy non-wtihstanding) he is the worst. All sonic booms have the same speed (IIRC) and he no reversal since he's a WW character.

    He does have smaller hurtboxes on his normals though.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

    Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Taken just by what WW Guile has (jab redizzy non-wtihstanding) he is the worst. All sonic booms have the same speed (IIRC) and he no reversal since he's a WW character.

    Why couldn't they put a normal WW Guile in the game, with various heights of somersaults and various speeds of sonic booms.


  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    He'd be an altered WW character then. I guess they did take away his magic handcuff glitch so there is precedent.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Yeah, in some WW versions, Guile loses his glitches while still keeping the normal special moves and so forth
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Wow it's been awhile since I've posted here but I'm back. I'm working on doing my opinion on "Super" Honda & how he stacks to the other Honda's like I did with Bison before above. In the mean time I will post some HSF2 vids of people using "Super" characters in case people want to observe and add there own personal notes in the discussion as well however you must have Fightcade in order to view these videos.

    I will soon try and record some of my matches and see if I can post them to YouTube so that more can watch too but until then this will be all I can do.

    challenge-9196-1453912447.27@hsf2 - TURBOWATCH (WW-Guile, CE-Vega) vs. Ko-Rai (SSF2 - Ken)

    ^ A good demonstration on how good some of the "Super" characters are. Some people even say that "Super" Ken is the best version but it is mostly known that it is either O.Ken, ST Ken or CE Ken but ehh until I get to Ken I'll have to wait and see.

    challenge-1853-1454691360.42@hsf2 - [1MDB] Chuan (SSF2-Bison, ST-Balrog, WW-Guile, etc...) vs ohmydeus (SSF2-T.Hawk, WW-Ken)

    ^ For this vid you can see The Bison & T.Hawk matches, Watch the rest if you want too.

    challenge-2547-1455141731.26@hsf2 - 8Hellsing8 (SSF2-Ryu) vs. ACSL8R (SSF2-Ken)

    ^ A bunch of "Super" matches, Nuff Said

    challenge-3716-1455121309.14@hsf2 - King Aures (SSF2-Ken) vs. ko-rai (WW-Zangief)

    ^ A "Super" Ken up against a destructive "World Warrior" Zangief. Ken actually wins one too.
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    edited February 2016
    This comment box if were I will update things as far as Honda goes in HSF2.

    So far I've try to do WW vs CE and look for advantages and disadvantages for these playstyle/match-up and here is what I found.

    WW vs. CE

    CE = Stronger normals
    CE = Moving Hands
    CE = Better HP & LK Hugs
    CE = Headbutts Knock down opponent
    CE = Headbutts continue to other side of the screen if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    CE = Easier execution for Thousand Hand Slap, LP,MP & HP are much easier to get out than WW LP one
    CE = Takes less damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    WW = Better Combo off normal to hands (Stuns the opponent and takes 80% Health)
    WW = Better MP throw
    WW = Headbutts Stagger opponent
    WW = Headbutts stop at the area of opponent if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    WW = Harder execution for Thousand Hand Slaps, LP alone is hard to get out
    WW = Takes more damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    This is it for now and so far it's looking like CE is the better Honda. The only thing I see that WW has over CE is the MP throw and the combo into THS. A particular combo for WW is you knockdown an opponent just jump up in the air and on the way down Hit them with LP and when you land continue with LP Thousand Hands and that will not only stun them but take at least 80% life. CE can do this combo as well but it will only take out 70% life and does not stun.

    Tell me what do you guys think. Am still not done so I may being missing a few things but in all is my analysis on WW Honda vs. CE Honda correct/good so far?
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    This comment box if were I will update things as far as Honda goes in HSF2.

    So far I've try to do WW vs CE and look for advantages and disadvantages for these playstyle/match-up and here is what I found.

    WW vs. CE

    CE = Stronger normals
    CE = Moving Hands
    CE = Better HP & LK Hugs
    CE = Headbutts Knock down opponent
    CE = Headbutts continue to other side of the screen if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    CE = Easier execution for Thousand Hand Slap, LP,MP & HP are much easier to get out than WW LP one
    CE = Takes less damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    WW = Better Combo off normal to hands (Stuns the opponent and takes 80% Health)
    WW = Better MP throw
    WW = Headbutts Stagger opponent
    WW = Headbutts stop at the area of opponent if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    WW = Harder execution for Thousand Hand Slaps, LP alone is hard to get out
    WW = Takes more damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    This is it for now and so far it's looking like CE is the better Honda. The only thing I see that WW has over CE is the MP throw and the combo into THS. A particular combo for WW is you knockdown an opponent just jump up in the air and on the way down Hit them with LP and when you land continue with LP Thousand Hands and that will not only stun them but take at least 80% life. CE can do this combo as well but it will only take out 70% life and does not stun.

    Tell me what do you guys think. Am still not done so I may being missing a few things but in all is my analysis on WW Honda vs. CE Honda correct/good so far?
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    This comment box if were I will update things as far as Honda goes in HSF2.

    So far I've try to do WW vs CE and look for advantages and disadvantages for these playstyle/match-up and here is what I found.

    WW vs. CE

    CE = Stronger normals
    CE = Moving Hands
    CE = Better HP & LK Hugs
    CE = Headbutts Knock down opponent
    CE = Headbutts continue to other side of the screen if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    CE = Easier execution for Thousand Hand Slap, LP,MP & HP are much easier to get out than WW LP one
    CE = Takes less damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    WW = Better Combo off normal to hands (Stuns the opponent and takes 80% Health)
    WW = Better MP throw
    WW = Headbutts Stagger opponent
    WW = Headbutts stop at the area of opponent if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    WW = Harder execution for Thousand Hand Slaps, LP alone is hard to get out
    WW = Takes more damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    This is it for now and so far it's looking like CE is the better Honda. The only thing I see that WW has over CE is the MP throw and the combo into THS. A particular combo for WW is you knockdown an opponent just jump up in the air and on the way down Hit them with LP and when you land continue with LP Thousand Hands and that will not only stun them but take at least 80% life. CE can do this combo as well but it will only take out 70% life and does not stun.

    Tell me what do you guys think. Am still not done so I may being missing a few things but in all is my analysis on WW Honda vs. CE Honda correct/good so far?
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    This comment box if were I will update things as far as Honda goes in HSF2.

    So far I've try to do WW vs CE and look for advantages and disadvantages for these playstyle/match-up and here is what I found.

    WW vs. CE

    CE = Stronger normals
    CE = Moving Hands
    CE = Better HP & LK Hugs
    CE = Headbutts Knock down opponent
    CE = Headbutts continue to other side of the screen if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    CE = Easier execution for Thousand Hand Slap, LP,MP & HP are much easier to get out than WW LP one
    CE = Takes less damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    WW = Better Combo off normal to hands (Stuns the opponent and takes 80% Health)
    WW = Better MP throw
    WW = Headbutts Stagger opponent
    WW = Headbutts stop at the area of opponent if opponent jumps up to avoid or jumps over
    WW = Harder execution for Thousand Hand Slaps, LP alone is hard to get out
    WW = Takes more damage when trading hits with MK, Crouching HP

    This is it for now and so far it's looking like CE is the better Honda. The only thing I see that WW has over CE is the MP throw and the combo into THS. A particular combo for WW is you knockdown an opponent just jump up in the air and on the way down Hit them with LP and when you land continue with LP Thousand Hands and that will not only stun them but take at least 80% life. CE can do this combo as well but it will only take out 70% life and does not stun.

    Tell me what do you guys think. Am still not done so I may being missing a few things but in all is my analysis on WW Honda vs. CE Honda correct/good so far?

    If u want some matches on HSF2 then im down just pm me or if u see me in CE or ST room let me know. I also play HF
  • cjkid123cjkid123 Joined: Posts: 39
    Battosai wrote: »
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    If u want some matches on HSF2 then im down just pm me or if u see me in CE or ST room let me know. I also play HF

    Cool you use any particular character in HSF2?
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    Battosai wrote: »
    cjkid123 wrote: »
    If u want some matches on HSF2 then im down just pm me or if u see me in CE or ST room let me know. I also play HF

    Cool you use any particular character in HSF2?




    I main Guile , and just to be fair ill use HF guile though he has horrible fireball recovery, still good vs ST claw or ST boxer which i really hate the most but CPS1 Guile will beat them
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Taken just by what WW Guile has (jab redizzy non-wtihstanding) he is the worst. All sonic booms have the same speed (IIRC) and he no reversal since he's a WW character.

    Why couldn't they put a normal WW Guile in the game, with various heights of somersaults and various speeds of sonic booms.


    Just to clear things up with WW versions in HSF2. They are based on the last Japanese revision of WW (Japan 911210) and Guile did have one version of Flash Kick and Boom for all buttons. Somehow this is the glitchless version of WW that nobody played except in Japan.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.