KOF XIV General Discussion - KOF XIV: Special Anniversary Edition out in the Americas

CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 474
edited August 31 in King of Fighters
latest?cb=20160426174150

Release Dates:

Japan: 25/08/2016

North America: 23/08/2016

Steam Edition: 15/06/2017

Teaser Trailers 1 - 10
KOF XIV 1st Teaser Trailer

2nd Teaser Trailer

3rd Teaser Trailer

4th Teaser Trailer

5th Teaser Trailer

6th Teaser Trailer

7th Teaser Trailer

8th Teaser Trailer

9th Teaser Trailer

10th Teaser Trailer

11th Teaser Trailer

12th Teaser Trailer

PAX East Trailers
PAX East Trailer 1

PAX East Trailer 2

Team Trailers
Team Japan Trailer

Yagami Team Trailer

Fatal Fury Team Trailer

Art of Fighting Team Trailer

Kim Team Trailer

Villains Team Trailer

Official Invitation Team Trailer

South America Team Trailer

Mexcio Team Trailer

South Town Team Trailer

Antonov Trailer

China Team Trailer

Psycho Soldier team Trailer

Ikari Warriors Team Trailer

DLC Videos

Classic Kyo DLC

Nightmare Geese DLC

Whip Trailer

Yamazaki Trailer

Vanessa Trailer

Rock Howard Trailer

DLC Costumes Trailer

Credit: SAB-CA

C11OW65WEAElC-e.jpg

C11Ipy8VIAADhew.jpg

C11IVy-XUAAX4gd.jpg

Credit: Eventhubs

10_kof04.jpg

10_kof07.jpg

10_kof10.jpg

10_kof12.jpg

10_kof47.jpg

10_kof38.jpg

10_kof33.jpg

10_kof34.jpg

Post edited by CyberPhoenix0252 on
Rip sig.

Comments

• iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    I'm going to miss the sprites too.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 474
    Something I noticed about Kyo is that he has his Rekka moveset.

Not sure if it will be something like KOF XI where he has both his Rekka and his Fireball in one contained moveset, if there will be alternate versions of him on the CSS like in XIII or a Kyo clone a la KOF 2002 UM.

And honestly, I would mind either of these options to be honest. But having Kusanagi back using the fireball Kyo moveset would be pretty cool :D
    Rip sig.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 7,020
    I wouldn't mind either option, either. While I've always thought fireball Kyo was more fun, I still feel both styles are necessary. A fusion of the styles like XI might be the best option.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,547
    edited September 2015
    I don't mind either sprites or 3d, however these 3d models are abysmally bad. People keep saying it is still in Alpha, well...they need to make a giganic overhaul visually.
    "It's about gameplay, not graphics", true, unless they look like PS2 graphics on a PS4 system with uninspired bland generic anime models. It lost all it's personality.

Hope the game ends up amazing, but other than the most hardcore of KOF and FG fans...i don't see anyone else being interested in this title, unles they change it.
    Premature, not really, why else would they already show of a trailer.

Kotaku has some ingame screens
    http://kotaku.com/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-announced-for-playstation-4-1730725906
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    MVCI: Captain Marvel & Jedah
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri, Zeku???
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• Be4rBe4r Joined: Posts: 306
    Looks bad right now but Im hoping that they can improve on it. Lets not forget that when SF4 was announced they improved the visuals same with SFV too. And SNK is a smaller company so Imma keep my fingers crossed
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,814
    Id like to play this game on phone ;D
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,814
    I have a feeling Sony might be helping SNK with funding
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,435
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    I'm really not seeing what the problem is.

You're not seeing a shitty game with outdated visuals, which for some reasons calls itself King Of Fighters 14?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,368
    Aaaand this is why you don't release a trailer this early in development.
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 726
    The teaser doesn't look good at all... But it's really early footage. I actually liked Maximum Impact 2 and I'm okay with them not using sprites as long as the gameplay stays 2d.
    Now they just have to bring back Rock and B.Jenet, and since Sony announced the game they should work on CVS3 too.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,611
    I honestly thought that we had another Kyo clone...until I realized that was actually Kyo...

As it was said, I don't think anyone expected SNK to stick with sprites for KOFXIV. I did expect better 3D work than this though.

Whatever though, I want to see legit gameplay before I get too emo about it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    i dont get where everyones getting the ps2 vibe from, looks more like early ps3 title.

I'm slightly interested.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    JLALloyd wrote: »
    The teaser doesn't look good at all... But it's really early footage. I actually liked Maximum Impact 2 and I'm okay with them not using sprites as long as the gameplay stays 2d.
    Now they just have to bring back Rock and B.Jenet, and since Sony announced the game they should work on CVS3 too.

Dude, they need Garou up in that joint. I'm praying my KOF XI team has a shot of being in lol.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 74
    This is probably another KOF maximum impact game at this early stage. Please god...No dial-a-combo please....Thank you.
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,199
    We will probably have to give up on the graphics and expect that the gameplay is good. That said, if SNKP sticks to its guns and doesn't butcher the mechanics to appease to the noobs, then KOF XIV it's already the best fighter by default.

Anyway, it is good to see KOF back when it was practically deceased. If anything, it can be used to oblige Capcom to release something decent with SF5 when it appeared to be the only big fighter coming soon.
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat I'm Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 596
    edited September 2015
    Mai in 3D is gonna be awesome. So happy this game is coming. I feel like we're hitting another boom period for Fighting Games - Tekken 7, Blazblue: Central Fiction, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator, MKX, KI, SF5 and now KOF XIV. Keep 'em coming.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Fucking hyped that we're getting a new game period. Very sad to see that the awesome sprites KOF games are known for are gone.

Buuuut.... now that both series have gone with 3D models..........give me fucking CVS3!
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,435
    edited September 2015
    javert wrote: »
    We will probably have to give up on the graphics and expect that the gameplay is good. That said, if SNKP sticks to its guns and doesn't butcher the mechanics to appease to the noobs, then KOF XIV it's already the best fighter by default.

Anyway, it is good to see KOF back when it was practically deceased. If anything, it can be used to oblige Capcom to release something decent with SF5 when it appeared to be the only big fighter coming soon.

Them not catering to anything other than hardcore audience was the exact reason SNK is where it's at right now

Meanwhile, Street Fighter, mortal kombat and tekken are at their prime of popularity and it's only gonna grow from now. Especially SF and MK
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    If previous rumors still hold water, this game will be much like 98, which is the greatest thing since sex.

I take that back, 98 is sex. There we go.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,269
    Yeah gonna chalk it up to being very work in progress. Still hype tho
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,404
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    The aesthetics in Street Fighter 4 looked like shit and people still play it, so I don't see why there's a collective outcry of disgust over this.

Jury's out until gameplay footage is posted.

SFIV also came out in 2008. A game made in 2015 shouldn't look like a game made in 2006, especially a AAA title.
  • AfroperonistaAfroperonista Joined: Posts: 8
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Also, as long as it's 2D gameplay I'm fine. I don't want MI3.

The description does say "KOF has been revamped with brand new high-quality 3D visuals, however staying true to its gameplay roots!", so at least there's hope in that regard.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,797
    It really looks to me like SNK hired the XDZW guys to make the art direction look like KOF x Virtua Fighter. It looks awful.

I'm hoping it changes. It honestly looks like they're trying to cel shade the models and failing hard. Surely they get it figured out before they release it, because this looks horribad.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk