The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 44
    I made a primer video for people thinking about getting into Arcade Cabinets

Link: https://youtu.be/T6jRz_fKVYQ
  • opt2notopt2not Joined: Posts: 44
    Just got this beauty
    It even has a rotate mech;)

i should star posting,i just recover my password after a long time
    Like an egret2 candy cab
    20150510_022629.jpg
    20150509_144220.jpg
    20150509_144130.jpg
    Such a gorgeous cocktail! Great job!
  • ArinexArinex Joined: Posts: 48
    agKkf6G.jpg?1

My roommates SF3 cabinet. Not sure what it originally started out as. Has some issues (sound will cut out and screen gets fuzzy after playing for awhile) needs new sticks and buttons but works well for the most part.
  • MarmaladeMikeMarmaladeMike Joined: Posts: 67
    So I am currently working on a Dynamo z back (probably turning into MAME cab but probably going to be only used for FIghtcade). It has the old metal sf II control panel in it. I think it was a hyper fighting cab, anyone ever try to drop sanwas in the control panel? I know the 30mm is too big for the standard american 28mm, but on a scale of 1 - "you're better off building your own control panel out of wood". How doable is it to widen the holes? Can it be done with a file or is dremel nessecary?
  • dponwakeupdponwakeup Ripped. Joined: Posts: 35
    Sorry these arent the best pix of the cabi, but its all the pix I have atm. America Sega STV cab running the Darksoft multi cart. Changed the sticks over to JLFs n buttons over OBSCs. Had to have dust washers 3D printed to cover the gaping holes left behind by the stock Happ hardware.

The MVS conversion cabi still needs to have the CP redone, so it just sits dorment.

E65A359C-52CA-4E3B-89DD-285E6FAFAA5D_zpsh6qx7lvr.jpg
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,216
    edited December 2015
    Does anyone here have any experience with "OK Baby" candy cabs? I've never heard of them before. Did a Google search and most people say they're decent clones at most. Found a couple of them for sale close to me for $500 without a monitor.

Cab flyer
    436000201.png
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,803
    I would look harder there are better cab with a game and monitor for cheaper
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Does anyone here have any experience with "OK Baby" candy cabs? I've never heard of them before. Did a Google search and most people say they're decent clones at most. Found a couple of them for sale close to me for $500 without a monitor.

Cab flyer
    436000201.png

I agree with @Darksakul

$500 for an average candy without a monitor is too overpriced. Of course everything is relative to your particular area. There are some areas of the US for example that is hard to find a candy cab whereas if you're close to Cali or New York they're a lot more common.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,803
    edited December 2015
    Like if you don't care about getting a Candy cab, American style cabs in reasonable condition can be gained for cheap.
    You got to do your foot work, your homework on this one. Check your local classified listings, Yellow pages, check Craigslist, ask local businesses that deal with Arcade Cabs (even if its a pizza join or laundry mat with a cabinet).

You might need to borrow or rent a truck when it comes to the time to buy the Cab. You might have to drive for a few hours to get to your location. Very few places do deliver. Ask to see the cab in action if possible.
    Even then you are looking into doing some cleaning and repair work.

Like Frank Said each geographical location is different, like me near Baltimore there plenty of opportunities for cabs.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,216
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the replies. I'm familiar with looking for and buying cabs as I already own several and one of them is a candy cab which are like unicorns in my area. I paid 750 plus shipping for a new astro city that did have a monitor a few years ago. So I was gauging the price compared to that. The ok baby is only a 2 hour drive from me. I've been wanting another candy cab badly so I was surprised to even see one so close. Lol
    I know they're way cheaper in places where they're more common like socal where they're only like a few hundred bucks or less.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,136

Don't you post run throughs in fighting games. Try beating World Warrior (US 910206) on the hardest CPU difficulty...

This thread should be stickied...
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    Props on using OG XBox! What front end are yo using?

EDIT: NVM I see CoinOPS there! =)
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Hello all, finally I can join this thread. =)
    here is my first cabinet (WIP, will do the painting next weekend)

12109191_893750597380517_2484559348622754542_n_zps64blfmpp.jpg

10432981_894001584022085_9138285930518217680_n_zps51c6anry.jpg

GDLK design lol

selling some of that pre cut wood or something lol? that looks like a really good summer project.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Gangst3rGangst3r Joined: Posts: 5
    Those speaker grills are bad ass!

I wanna make it a little bit Fearsome and esspecially because of that I bought two 3D cases for X360 from Calibur11 only for use these two freak view Infected Omen as speaker covers =)
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 406
    edited April 2016
    Ramrod wrote: »
    Latest restore:

UkTJRPrl.jpg?1

damn i want this cabinet bad or a classic vewlix cab but i don't know how to go about finding one to buy or how much i should spend any advice is much appreciated

• the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,573
    Just recently had my cabs at Animazement 2016 and CEO 2016.

AZ:

and pics from CEO:
    1M2jm1um.jpgTvgz79um.jpgf0xfqjCm.jpgmWrm967m.jpgWita5Qtm.jpgvgECQvPm.jpg

I had all the candy cabs with the Neo Mega Shock marquees, the Gold Neo Geo, KI2, Marvel Super Heroes, Hokuto No Ken AW. All the rest of the cabs seen are from Wedoca or Arcade Impact.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • VPCopVPCop Joined: Posts: 11
    edited July 2016
    Time to add my cab! Finally got my hands on a candy cab and here it is.

https://flic.kr/p/HRs38s
    Can somebody tell me how add a picture to my post instead of just the photo URL like I did on my post above? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
    edited July 2016
    Also, anybody know where I can get pad hacks? For the Sega Net City JVS.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/a05p9

Sorry for all the posts, just trying to figure out how add an image and not just a url.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,455
    edited July 2016
    Use image tags.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • KappaCalebKappaCaleb Master of Nothing, Purveyor of many. Joined: Posts: 69
    Finallly got my new baby, my first machine!!! Mortal Kombat kit in a generic z back cab (dont think its dynamo or 3-koam)
    tumblr_o9tosoovJs1v0bbs6o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9tosoovJs1v0bbs6o2_1280.jpg

now if i can just figure how to get the marquee off to change the light... no bolts on top and bottom bracket wont come off when screws are removed
    Is it the joystick, the buttons, or my execution? The world may never know. But it's proably the lag ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Always loving your updates Rcaido!
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    rcaido wrote: »
    Its been awhile but here is an update to Mother Russia. Its now gym arcade.
    I would join this gym