Need strategies for the US version CPU AI

I'm planning on beating US version ST with my mains Ryu, Ken and Chun li on hardest with no continues.

Comments

• x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Try not to jump into the AI a lot or test their wakeup with meaties. Good zoning usually works wonders. Watch out for charge moves from the AI that launch instantly without charge (blanka, guile, balrog).
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2015
    hmm, I was actually going to give a tip but then in the middle of typing I realized I actually have the japanese board. I should spend some time with the US board to figure out a strategy... What people tell me is that kara cancels and option selects screw up the CPU's input-reading / response. so those are usually the key to exploiting the AI, whether you're on the JP or US board.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Ryu
    Supers on wake-up won't be blocked if you deliver them just after they get up.
    The CPU usually falls for spammed tatsus on wake-up.
    The CPU usually falls for short tatsu into super.

Ken
    The CPU usually jumps slow hadous late, so you an often either sweep or fierce-shoryu them
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    I was gonna do a vid of various strats but I got bored. Maybe I'll do one for Ryu. Strats vary per character.

There's a few fun tricks you can use but they're not 100% reliable because of the random factor. Like because the AI reads inputs, you can do stuff like kara specials to trick them into always getting hit.
    edited September 2016
    Recorded this for some friends. Level 8 difficulty, USA version. Still need to figure out a way to cheese out Akuma on max difficulty. Level 8 is unstable...

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,033
    Try beating SF2 World Warrior (US 910206) version on 8 stars/hardest difficulty. Would be cool to see it on Youtube
    edited December 2016
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Try beating SF2 World Warrior (US 910206) version on 8 stars/hardest difficulty. Would be cool to see it on Youtube
    Shouldn't be too hard. I'll try it in a few days. Hardest fight in WW was Bison (and Sagat when he wants to be a dick).

EDIT:

Much easier than I remember. Performed on Groovymame, so the difficulty goes from 0 - 7 not, 1 - 8. Tried to showcase some of the known AI exploits. I really wanted the 5 second kill on Sagat but the AI wasn't cooperating.

I sped the video up. WW is really slow.

Post edited by ilitirit on
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,033
    edited January 24
    Honda in that version deals a lot of damage. Guile Statue glitch doesn't work on Claw and Gief.

Oh yeah, and Claw laughs like Chun Li when he wins