Ken General Thread: Go with the Flow

Comments

• heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    edited February 2016

In SF4 I used to style with low tatsu fadc then wondered what could I do with it in SFV. Since tatsu is down back and critical art is down foward I tought it wasnt possible but I had to try it and it worked!

Is for styling tho but totally doable.

Btw : J. Hp, S. Hp x low tatsu, VT, H. Srk x critical art looks awesome.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,729 mod
    hecz wrote: »

In SF4 I used to style with low tatsu fadc then wondered what could I do with it in SFV. Since tatsu is down back and critical art is down foward I tought it wasnt possible but I had to try it and it worked!

Is for styling tho but totally doable.

Btw : J. Hp, S. Hp x low tatsu, VT, H. Srk x critical art looks awesome.

Everything you said went completely over my head because of bearded Ken video.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 820
    G r e e t i n g s kens, I come bearing K E N T E C H

K E N B L E S S

This video made playing Ken look really fun.

He actually fights like a point/sport Karate guy in this. Stays at range then gets in, tags his opponent and gets out. If he gets a knock-down he can continue with solid pressure and mixups.

I haven't played the betas but must admit i was starting to disregard Ken a little based on hearsay.

My interest has been officially piqued.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,373
    edited February 2016
    I still can't get over the fact Ken must be the ugliest and worst created model they used in that video. You can clearly see the polygons, his skin tone looks fucked, his face just makes him look like a complete monster, ..... Like seriously he looks better in game if only by a bit.
    Post edited by Sephiroth73003 on
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    @Sephiroth73003

I tought I was the only one that noticed. He looks like a SF ex model in the first shot of the video.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 838
    Gotta say, for some reason I want to play Ken. Guess I just want to play the underdog, and that's what he seems like right now. It feels like a good way to learn the game, having to work hard by playing the underdog.
    Get Serious!

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 3500

SF4: main char: Fei Long
    I still can't get over the fact Ken must be the ugliest and worst created model they used in that video. You can clearly see the polygons, his skin tone looks fucked, his face just makes him look like a complete monster, ..... Like seriously he looks better in game if only by a bit.

The entire thing looks pretty ugly IMO, I hate the style. Compare it to SF4's CGI trailers and I think it pales in comparison. Subjective though so meh.
    learis1 wrote: »
    Gotta say, for some reason I want to play Ken. Guess I just want to play the underdog, and that's what he seems like right now. It feels like a good way to learn the game, having to work hard by playing the underdog.

K E N A R M Y!

I've actually been trying to talk some friends into playing him, I feel like a charity service looking for handouts..everyone thinks he's garbage lmao. I get that mentality though, you actually have to actively approach every opponent with some semblance of a proper thought process otherwise you'll get bodied, no easy mode tricks or Birdie esque bullshit.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,981
    I am playing him no matter what, honestly I am not at a level where character strenght really matters. People, and me included, do too many mistakes for it to really matter.

I just really wish they would remake his face. He looks like a creep especially in the select screen.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • Ramza126Ramza126 Joined: Posts: 663
    Lots of people getting the game early, and judging by streams, all characters seem identical to beta 4. Of course I'm guessing on the 16th a day 1 patch will go live. Here's to hoping Ken sees some slight buffs, probably wishful thinking :|
    SFV - Sim/Ryu/Nash
    CFN ID [EU] - Ramza-
    My YouTube
    Twitch
  • Train130Train130 Joined: Posts: 159
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

guys...u said that some of those combs are not possible with Beta4 build... can u elaborate what combo ? cuz I think we can do all those combos with beta 4 but one at 1.30min
    dunno how he does that 3hits MP DP while Vtrigger is on? (MP DP was 2 hits in beta4). Did they change that or what?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 23,007
    Ramza126 wrote: »
    Of course I'm guessing on the 16th a day 1 patch will go live. Here's to hoping Ken sees some slight buffs, probably wishful thinking :|

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing balance changes on that day 1 patch.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/10/capcom-wont-be-making-balance-changes-to-street-fighter-v-at-launch/
    edited February 2016
    To further add to that we don't currently know all of the beta 4 > release changes, and the supposed "Day One" patch has already been applied to my knowledge. It isn't identical to beta 4 I hope. I'd like to think some things have changed, just not all.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 23,007
    Froztey wrote: »
    It isn't identical to beta 4 I hope. I'd like to think some things have changed, just not all.

How much you wanna bet that Ken got nerfed again?
    edited February 2016
    It isn't identical to beta 4 I hope. I'd like to think some things have changed, just not all.

How much you wanna bet that Ken got nerfed again?

And at that moment, within the Capcom HQ....

Ken: Haha! I can't wait to get fired up, when does the final version drop Ono-san??

Ono: ......boys, seize him.

Capcom employees seize ya boy, breaking his legs and leaving him wheelchair bound, they spit on him as they prepare to throw him from upper levels of the building

Ken: *Coughing up blood* Ono-san....why?! Mike..Peter..let go of me!

Ono: 1, 2, 3 SHORYUKEN. EVERYONE READY???

Ken: ONO-SAN, NO STOP THIS YOU'RE INSANE! I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU SAY!

Ono: 3....2....1 SHORRRRYYYUUUUKEEEEEEN!

*Screams of terror echoed through the Capcom HQ...*

Legends say Ken wasn't heard from again until v2017...some say a mere few still attempt to play the character, Momochi even dropped him for Chun-Li like everyone was expecting, fuck you Momo...

TLDR; Yeah sure I'll bet that.

kenlolbeaten_zpsqnctdsxm.jpg

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,124
    And at that moment, within the Capcom HQ....

Ken: Haha! I can't wait to get fired up, when does the final version drop Ono-san??

Ono: ......boys, seize him.

Capcom employees seize ya boy, breaking his legs and leaving him wheelchair bound, they spit on him as they prepare to throw him from upper levels of the building

Ken: *Coughing up blood* Ono-san....why?! Mike..Peter..let go of me!

Ono: 1, 2, 3 SHORYUKEN. EVERYONE READY???

Ken: ONO-SAN, NO STOP THIS YOU'RE INSANE! I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU SAY!

Ono: 3....2....1 SHORRRRYYYUUUUKEEEEEEN!

*Screams of terror echoed through the Capcom HQ...*

Legends say Ken wasn't heard from again until v2017...some say a mere few still attempt to play the character, Momochi even dropped him for Chun-Li like everyone was expecting, fuck you Momo...

TLDR; Yeah sure I'll bet that.
    kenlolbeaten_zpsqnctdsxm.jpg

True story.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • smashingmesmashingme Joined: Posts: 570
    I wonder how you are all gonna react when you guys are gonna realise he has his beta 2 juggles back.
    "Have you fun?" - Ono 2015
  • MindMind Beat your Mind Joined: Posts: 74
    Got the game and played some Ken last night. Completed his story and unlocked his third (ugly) color. Tonight I'll play him some more.
    Beat your mind!
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,836
    Mind wrote: »
    Got the game and played some Ken last night. Completed his story and unlocked his third (ugly) color. Tonight I'll play him some more.

noticed any changes to Ken ?
    edited February 2016
    guys..MaxDood said on stream that final version of the game is very much Beta4 like, and Ken is the same as he was in Beta4.. so yeah... we know what we can expect
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,349
    Wow that's unfortunate if so.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

It's Max, I don't really find his first impressions noteworthy or relevant when it comes to new FGs. I'll sit around and wait for his frame data to arrive.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    It's Max, I don't really find his first impressions noteworthy or relevant when it comes to new FGs. I'll sit around and wait for his frame data to arrive.

Remember how Nash was bad and so was cammt?
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
    NeloVergil wrote: »

Remember how Nash was bad and so was cammt?

And Chun-Li was supposedly weak in beta one even though it was her strongest version.

I'm not on the Ken hate train, I think he's good. B Tier, not pushing A Tier IMO.
  • MyakyoMyakyo @VSLMyakyo Joined: Posts: 154
    Hey Guy, I played Ken offline a lot those last days (Capcom gave us a copy). And against really strong players known in french such Valmaster and Evans.
    So I had to find how to use Ken properly to win And I understood Ken is a looot different from Ryu, but people are playing him like if they were the same. Or like in USFIV.

As soon as I can, i'll stream that.

More over, I'm one of the french Guests to show off SFV to France this week-end and I'll be the player showing Ken and Vega. If you want to watch, it'll be tomorrow 15h-21h (GMT+1).

Just saying that in case you are interested to see more Ken gameplay.

French link :
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/458577/week-end-de-lancement-street-fighter-v-sur-gaming-live.htm
    Name : Joanny
    CFN : Myakyo

• smashingmesmashingme Joined: Posts: 570
    He got AA mp.shoryu ex.shoryu back in VT.
    "Have you fun?" - Ono 2015
  • JintyJinty Joined: Posts: 96
    Got the game today, if you guys have any questions let me know.
    I build meter before I go to sleep so I can wake up super
    Jinty wrote: »

Did they fix the damn hair clipping issues.
    Myakyo wrote: »
    Hey Guy, I played Ken offline a lot those last days (Capcom gave us a copy). And against really strong players known in french such Valmaster and Evans.
    So I had to find how to use Ken properly to win And I understood Ken is a looot different from Ryu, but people are playing him like if they were the same. Or like in USFIV.

As soon as I can, i'll stream that.

More over, I'm one of the french Guests to show off SFV to France this week-end and I'll be the player showing Ken and Vega. If you want to watch, it'll be tomorrow 15h-21h (GMT+1).

Just saying that in case you are interested to see more Ken gameplay.

French link :
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/458577/week-end-de-lancement-street-fighter-v-sur-gaming-live.htm

plz show us good Ken game play with proper combos :) and GL

Did u notice any changes compared to beta4 build ?
    Train130 wrote: »

Someone above said he can do anti-air MP SRK in VT into EX SRK again. Might of reverted some hitbox nerfs on EX SRK.
  • JintyJinty Joined: Posts: 96
    Train130 wrote: »

Someone above said he can do anti-air MP SRK in VT into EX SRK again. Might of reverted some hitbox nerfs on EX SRK.

Yea you can do AA MP SRK VT into EX SRK. He does seem the same as the beta 4 version.
    I build meter before I go to sleep so I can wake up super
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,349
    Man even if I'm wrong and Ken turns out to be like A tier in this game I'm still sad because I didn't find Ken all that fun in beta 3 and 4. I hate it because I use Ken in every game he's in. This would be my first time not maining him. Lol
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• J_ismJ_ism Hungry fighter Joined: Posts: 145
    does LP SRK > EX SRK work midscreen again?
    edited February 2016
    Combo vid on front page shows midscreen TC->LP SRK->EX SRK so looking like we have combo's again BOYZ.

He also has LP SRK -> FP SRK in the corner again. Seems like we are going to get a slightly better version of beta 4 Ken. If there is a hitbox or frame upgrade we might have a solid character. Least it is looking like his v-trigger is scary again.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 323
    Any good frames changes in the final version where the "RUN" is involved?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

STK wrote: »
    Any good frames changes in the final version where the "RUN" is involved?

Doubtful, it has been fairly crap outside its use for CC's and cr. FP anti-airs since the beginning. Highly doubtful they are suddenly going to give that up and do something fancy with it.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc Joined: Posts: 2,047
    edited February 2016
    Yo does Ken have his old combo's back? I'm watching a Ryu do some beta 2 things right now and I'm kinda hype.

Combo vid on front page shows midscreen TC->LP SRK->EX SRK so looking like we have combo's again BOYZ.

He also has LP SRK -> FP SRK in the corner again. Seems like we are going to get a slightly better version of beta 4 Ken. If there is a hitbox or frame upgrade we might have a solid character. Least it is looking like his v-trigger is scary again.

latest?cb=20150409144747
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Was it Ken they removed the cancelable st.lk for? Because if they did its back
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,981
    Why don't they use the st.hk combos after V-trigger activation in the videos? I have been playing in a beta 3 build cracked beta since beta 4 ended and so I don't have any fancy stuff with the mk.tatsu.

It's better now to use mk.tatsu? Didn't try it during beta 4 because lack of time.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol