Street Fighter V Lounge "We on South Central crack addict status"

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,894 mod
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @Veserius Oh ok thanks for the corrections. I edited my reply. But still those feats are impressive, and those who make that tired old excuse that "Games like Street Fighter are too hard" need to stop.

You pretty much can't survive on this message forum if you think Street Fighter is too hard any way. You're either learning it or got it.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,159
    Gojira wrote: »
    Capcom just cut the servers. Mad as fuck.

I'm honestly surprised that they've been active this whole time

The servers were active for review purposes. Gaming media needs evaluate the online experience for their reviews.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • m0mom0mo Joined: Posts: 368
    edited February 2016
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    So we aren't Hollywood because Capcom did a Capcom and they're out to get us, and shoot themselves in the foot. Guess we should collectively slit our wrists.

Either that or play anyways and forget this argument in a month.

US might not need the holywoodness of capcom, but it sure is nice when the number tournaments increases, and you don't have to travel across the world to play some offline sf.
    XBL/GFWL: momo7877
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,953
    edited February 2016
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,950
    Sharnt wrote: »
    The game lags from the time to time on ps4
    Training stage to the oblivion in competition once more.

I haven't had this happen once. I don't believe you. Stop saying shit like this because that's how it starts.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • KungFooKungFoo London Joined: Posts: 661
    If it had real lobbies, trials are a proper tutorial it would have been OK.
    PSN - KungFooPS
    SF5 - Ryu / Guile
    VF5 - Pai
    SFIII - Ryu
    SFII - O. Ken, Chun Li
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 795
    Capcom just cut the servers. Mad as fuck.
    MY FIGHT MONEEEEY !
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,554

I haven't had this happen once. I don't believe you. Stop saying shit like this because that's how it starts.

different models of consoles can have different performance, it's not crazy, the slowdowns were reported in the beta.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    edited February 2016

I had some slow down occur in the Shadowloo base stage. I don't know for sure how much of it were genuine frame drops or lag.
  • OrOCanBeatsTheBeatOrOCanBeatsTheBeat IloveStrittFaiter Joined: Posts: 122
    I hope new players undestand and keep playing until March.
    Really puzzle me however how capcom first advertise this game to be new players friendly, and then cut stuff like trials, challenges, arcade etc for release.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,953

I had some slow down occur in the Shadowloo base stage. I don't know for sure how much of it were genuine frame drops or lag.

guess those people that worry about opponent frame drops affecting performance on their end better limit their matchups to only pc's that hit benchmark
    B)
  • metrokardmetrokard Joined: Posts: 1,301
    it will probably be fixed when the patch comes out on tuesday?
  • FeistyFreeFeistyFree Joined: Posts: 440
    I really dont get the fuss... I mean, I do see that the game is bare bones.. but most of you guys dont seem to understand that the game releases mid-february... march is MAXIMUM 6 weeks away (if we consider the possibility of the update releasing only at the end of march), best case scenario means the update comes in TWO WEEKS after the game got released.

Seriously guys, we've waited over a year. Now you finally get to play it and "cant wait" another few weeks for more content, which most of you will only touch once and never again bother with (trials?)
    steam: gigglz
    main: waiting for sf5
  • GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    To the people having slowdown issues, try disabling your connection and see if it helps.

I say this because when I had MKX on XB1 the game would have fits where it would stutter like crazy when I was playing offline in story mode, just because the system was on a wifi connection and something was happening on the network. It might be a similar issue. Current gen consoles really aren't the best things ever.
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,446
    itzpookiie wrote: »

guess those people that worry about opponent frame drops affecting performance on their end better limit their matchups to only pc's that hit benchmark
    B)

Not sure if sarcastically pointing out there is no benchmark or way to filter players based on their PC specs or genuinely does not know.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,806
    edited February 2016
    YOU DONT UNLOCK ANY COLORS UNLESS YOU BEAT STAGE 30 in survival mode. what kinda shit is that? and thats the only way to get the colors too this game is really barebones and people WILL complain about it

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711
    edited February 2016
    Eternal wrote: »
    Tebbo wrote: »
    Veserius wrote: »
    Most people aren't saying THEY won't play, but as reviews roll out and the game gets knocked, it could hurt overall sales and the growth of the scene.

Maybe a lot of people will say 'Ok i'll give it a few months and see where it's at'
    Once stuff gets patched in, more characters available, all that jazz...

So maybe initial sales won't be amazing but it'll have some sustain. Being optimistic. Could happen.

Public eye will shift off of the game before the big upcoming patch outside of those who really retain interest in fighting games in a more consistent basis. The release of the story patch, and release of DLC characters, will draw some people in of course and cause a spike but compared to the amount they'd lose on early sales it'll be a lot less. The biggest advantage here, as you pointed out, is that since Capcom is playing a long game they can eventually make up, and exceed, that difference. However we don't know if that is the case or they could have ended up with even more sales total. Some of those that choose to wait might wait for a price drop which loses Capcom some cash.

Also remember, don't write off those casuals that may not buy the game after first few months as worthless. Some, though few, of those people could have turned into members of the FGC. There are a good number of people who got interested in the FGC through SF4 and were just casually interested in fighting games before that and once the "new game smell" was off of em they moved on except to break the game out at a party or something (unless they traded it in already like was the case pre-digital).

Ultimately though, we are dealing entirely in "what-ifs" since no reviews have come out or sales data. So optimism I suppose is a fair thing to have, just temper it a bit with a little skepticism.

Yeah I don't think this somehow makes their gameplan a great one.
    Don't get another chance at first impressions. Though I think to some degree this is changing.

I do think kids now are a lot more accepting of things being kinda busted and unfinished at release and then being patched over time.
    Where as I am sure the overwhelming majority of us here (at least in our 20s, likely over 25) grew up without any patching and expect the game to be a full, fleshed out and finished product when we buy it.

So we might be a bit dated in our perspective. It seems more and more that the trend is to get the thing out the door as a functional game, get some kind of return on investment and continue development.
    Play more.
    and bison is the final boss in Survival mode and he legit does Combos and CC combos,difficulty gets really hard after stage 15

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 576
    Tebbo wrote: »

So we might be a bit dated in our perspective. It seems more and more that the trend is to get the thing out the door as a functional game, get some kind of return on investment and continue development.

Yeah, for better or worse that is how things are. Pros and cons to each side of course. Post launch support has been really strong for some games and have kept them alive and in the public eye FAR longer than normal. On the negative side you have companies that outright drop support and just sweep things under the rug after a certain time. (MKX for PC)
    :f::d::df:+:p:
  • FeistyFreeFeistyFree Joined: Posts: 440
    edited February 2016
    FeistyFree wrote: »
    I really dont get the fuss... I mean, I do see that the game is bare bones.. but most of you guys dont seem to understand that the game releases mid-february... march is MAXIMUM 6 weeks away (if we consider the possibility of the update releasing only at the end of march), best case scenario means the update comes in TWO WEEKS after the game got released.

Seriously guys, we've waited over a year. Now you finally get to play it and "cant wait" another few weeks for more content, which most of you will only touch once and never again bother with (trials?)

Once again you're missing the point, it's not about us.

The game could literally be feces in a case and half the people posting in the thread would buy it.

The point is for the game to reach the players capcom has talked about reaching those features need to be in the game. New games give you the most incentive to buy them for multiple reasons and it's hard for a game to surge in sales post release even with content updates.

But those "filthy casuals" wont buy the game day 1, as we do ..

the majority of those new "targeted" players havent even heard too much about sfv by now.
    I have a friend my age and when I told him Im hyped about the new SF, he didnt even knew there was gonny be one, let alone coming out this february..
    Once those casuals see the game in store and made their research if they want to buy it, the DLC may already be out ...

And again, we're talking about casuals, as in: people that dont come from the fighting game community. Most other games have this "buy barebones, get more stuff later" kind of thing going on, which means they already know this. It's just the first time a fihting game has ever done it. And we're freaking out. But EA is basically doing that for YEARS right now and their games bloom.

I'd say, dont worry too much.
    steam: gigglz
    main: waiting for sf5
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Picking up a ps4 today, is the beta still live, or am I out until release?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!

Once again you're missing the point, it's not about us.

The game could literally be feces in a case and half the people posting in the thread would buy it.

The point is for the game to reach the players capcom has talked about reaching those features need to be in the game. New games give you the most incentive to buy them for multiple reasons and it's hard for a game to surge in sales post release even with content updates.

But those "filthy casuals" wont buy the game day 1, as we do ..

the majority of those new "targeted" players havent even heard too much about sfv by now.
    I have a friend my age and when I told him Im hyped about the new SF, he didnt even knew there was gonny be one, let alone coming out this february..
    Once those casuals see the game in store and made their research if they want to buy it, the DLC may already be out ...

And again, we're talking about casuals, as in: people that dont come from the fighting game community. Most other games have this "buy barebones, get more stuff later" kind of thing going on. It's just the first time a fihting game has ever done it. And we're freaking out. But EA is basically doing that for YEARS right now and their games bloom.

I'd say, dont worry too much.

This ain't the first game a fighter was released this bare bones. King of Fighters XII and Killer instinct were barebones releases. Former was sold at full price while not being a platform for a service.
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,800
    edited February 2016
    Any Toronto boys, come to the burbs (Brampton). Our Flea Market has copies (going quickly).
    Post edited by MarLonLonMilk on
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,894 mod
    Rhio2k wrote: »

PS4 Beta is done unless you find a mom and pop shop and pay a certain amount of money for the pre street date beta.

You can still play the PC crack for free tho.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 905
    Any Toronto boys, come the burbs (Brampton). Our Flea Market has copies (going quickly).

I normally get my games early at the Downsview park merchants market. Not sure if the dude still sells there, its been a while.

PS4 Beta is done unless you find a mom and pop shop and pay a certain amount of money for the pre street date beta.

You can still play the PC crack for free tho.

Damn. Nah, gotta buy a graphics card that'll cost more than the game itself first.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,731
    Any Toronto boys, come the burbs (Brampton). Our Flea Market has copies (going quickly).

Wait, it's already OUT?? ...da fuq...

Dat avi and dat respond had me dying.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus

Wait, it's already OUT?? ...da fuq...

You been under the rock man. Welcome to civilization where people are sucking dick to play it 3 days early.

Sweet Jesus...the thirst is REAL...
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,402
    I don't have the game yet, but they send me a key for Hot Ryu costume.

Will trade Hot Ryu (PS4) for Hot Chun (PS4).
    the missing content is worse than what happened to Vanilla MVC3 People are gonna blow up social media just you wait

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
This discussion has been closed.