The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,340
    edited March 2016
    In time, we'll get around to doing a guide based around the SF EX plots. We have the basic story down for them, so we just have to get the profiles of everyone and figure out how they factor into the story. I'm going to upload every SFEX profile so we'll be ready for it when we're done with the main story stuff. Hopefully stuff like "Kairi killed Akuma, Bison absorbed the souls from Garuda" can actually be cleared up when we're done.

I always felt like the EX story was the most interesting because of how mysterious it was. In Chun-Li's EX3 ending, Bison escapes and she indirectly comes across a shadowy organization while investigating the tournament:
    Investigation Report

Dear Chief:

Here are the results of my investigation

Mission: Obtain information surrounding the tournament

Report: As we had assumed, it was General M. Bison who was the head of the tournament. Unfortunately, we failed to apprehend him. However, I noticed signs that another evil organization might exist. This would pose an entirely new threat to our investigation. I recommend that someone look into this organization immediately.

ICPO Special Investigator, Chun-Li

It was probably an organization along the same lines of SIN or maybe the Secret Society. It's only mentioned in EX3, but I still like thinking of how this stuff could relate to other games.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,508
    I don't know if anyone else agrees, but I find the one-inch punch thing visually unappealing, be it Fei-long's or Karin's super.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,707
    I love the One Inch Punch. I think Karin spinning them is the dumb part.
    I'm indifferent to it. Sometimes it looks cool, but it gets old really fast. I just like listening to Karin's laugh.
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,409
    bakfromon wrote: »
    You wrote: »
    I see Hakan. Why.

Also R. Mika channeling her inner Vader
    1C3kjcf.jpg

link to that gallery please
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Shadaloo explained
    11084744_1682312562057238_565313925_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIwNDM0NjU0ODM4MjI4MjU0MA%3D%3D.2.l

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,256
    So going back to the opening and Story trailer, it appears these fights will occur:
    Ryu vs Necalli
    Ken, Chun, Cammy and Nash vs Bison
    FANG vs Rashid
    Chun vs Rashid
    Vega vs Dhalsim
    Mika vs Laura
    Birdie vs Karin (doesn't seem like a serious, high-stakes kind of thing, though)
    And I guess Gief is just chilling? Who do y'all think will win their respective battles?
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,147
    Nearest I can tell, the cinematic story will be several subplots unfolding at once:
    -Chun/Cammy/Guile vs Shadowloo
    -Rashid fights Chun but they decide to work together, with Rashid tracking down FANG for the location of his friend
    -Wrestling subplot with Gief, Mika, and Laura
    -Ryu and Dhalsim vs Necalli, may change locations from India to the Shadowloo base
    -Karin probably manages to get involved with everything somehow
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    Cestus wrote: »
    I see Hakan. Why.

1C3kjcf.jpg

Someone posted it on a blog but there's not much, it's from the Japanese strategy guide.

8Gwztfi.jpg

Link

thanks dude!

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,542
    I see Hakan. Why.

Because his hair is fun to draw, like a Lego.

1C3kjcf.jpg

It's a missed opportunity if one of Mika's alts isn't Harley Quinn.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    I see Hakan. Why.

Because his hair is fun to draw, like a Lego.

1C3kjcf.jpg

It's a missed opportunity if one of Mika's alts isn't Harley Quinn.

There's a mod for that already.
    I see Hakan. Why.

1C3kjcf.jpg

Someone posted it on a blog but there's not much, it's from the Japanese strategy guide.

8Gwztfi.jpg

Link

DarthEnder wrote: »

Her CA doesn't have her clenching her fist so I wouldn't call hers a one inch punch, more like a one inch palm.

Fun fact about her CA is that it's called the Kanzuki-Ryu Hadorokushiki Hasha no Kata (神月流 覇道六式 覇者の型) or in English: Kanzuki's style Stream of the Hado Type 6: Form of the Champion (sounds kinda like a Bleach attack imo), but the characters that make up her spelling of Hado are actually different from the traditional Hadoken. Her Hado (覇道) translates to "Road to Supremacy" while the traditional (波動) means "Surge". Although she may use the Hado, she has her own patented way of writing for it which further suits her style, and apparently you're only seeing the 6th one out of a possible (?).

I wish they went with #6. I want to see her bottom covered for once.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,936
    I see Hakan. Why.

1C3kjcf.jpg

8Gwztfi.jpg

Link

DarthEnder wrote: »

Her CA doesn't have her clenching her fist so I wouldn't call hers a one inch punch, more like a one inch palm.

Fun fact about her CA is that it's called the Kanzuki-Ryu Hadorokushiki Hasha no Kata (神月流 覇道六式 覇者の型) or in English: Kanzuki's style Stream of the Hado Type 6: Form of the Champion (sounds kinda like a Bleach attack imo), but the characters that make up her spelling of Hado are actually different from the traditional Hadoken. Her Hado (覇道) translates to "Road to Supremacy" while the traditional (波動) means "Surge". Although she may use the Hado, she has her own patented way of writing for it which further suits her style, and apparently you're only seeing the 6th one out of a possible (?).

I wish they went with #6. I want to see her bottom covered for once.

Those are her Prince pants. She cut the butt out of them. Sorry to disappoint you.
    edited March 2016
    Wow. Had no idea there were ever rumors of Cammy being Claw's sister or Guile's illegitimate child. That's really interesting to know. Great translations, bak.

• Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 853
    edited March 2016
    Love the Chun-Li bio! Thanks @bakfromon

If she's about 30 in SFIII, that mans in SFV, Chun Li should be in her mid-late 20s
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,068
    Your welcome guy's I'll have Alex's coming up
    Wow. Had no idea there were ever rumors of Cammy being Claw's sister or Guile's illegitimate child. That's really interesting to know. Great translations, bak.

When I was younger playing I remember thinking Cammy could've been M. Bison's daughter, but then they had that phase when they were supposed to be ex lovers or something and I threw that theory out. I can definitely see a rumor for her being Guile's illegitimate daughter because the similarities are hard to miss (both blonde, wearing green militarized attire, tattoos/ leg paint camo, similar techniques likes suplexes, special grapples, and spinning backfists)
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,851
    edited March 2016
    You know, going back to the whole Story we're getting in June - I can't help but wonder how Bison is going to put his plan in motion

We already know that there's at least a 2-3 year gap between Street Fighter IV and V, and SFIV's plot conclusion was basically the destruction of SIN and the death of Seth, after which I suppose both Bison and Juri went into the shadows. So how long did the Bison spheres take Shadaloo to complete? Was Bison planning this since a long time ago? Or is his scientist team (along with FANG) so advanced that they managed to build a doomsday machine (7 of them, to be exact?)

Then there's this:
    DBd6dvo.jpg

This is the screenshot from the Story Trailer where we're seeing army soldiers witnessing a countdown and there are several red dots, which are most likely are where the game stages are (for example - you can see the New York and Rio dots)

Questions are:

- Are these the locations of Shadaloo bases from which Bison is launcing the Spheres? Or are these locations that the Spheres are going to hit with the EMP shockwaves?

- And what is the countdown for? Did Bison gave the world governments 24 hoursto meet his terms? Or is this a way of bison just playing with humans until he unleashes his plan on them?

I also suppose that the Spheres are going to cover up the Sun (to wakeup Necalli), the world powers try to find out what the fuck is happening and when they do - in an attempt to maybe launch missiles/nukes to destroy the spheres (I mean, they can't have THAT strong of an armor, can they?) - Bison unleashes an EMP wave upon Earth which disables all the electricity, meaning people wouldn't be able to launch their nuclear weaponry

I just wonder if Bison launched them preemtively and kept them hidden at the Earth's orbit (maybe in some sort of a stealth mode?) or if we're gonna be witnessing him launching these Spheres during the Cinematic Story
    Post edited by PVL_93_RU on
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I guess Guile was a poster boy because of the many stories about (even to this day) military men fathering children all across the world. Most probably assumed Guile came across a nice young lady in the UK and made it happen. I can totally see how a rumor like that could get started. Then again, I'm the same guy that thought T. Hawk was Ryu's long lost father.....

Nice stuff on Alex. I really wish there was more information on his battle with Gill. One guy can do pyrokinesis, meteors, and resurrection, while the other guy just throws you around like a rag-doll. I wonder how Alex won that battle? I remember when people said Gill most likely held-back significantly. It's easy to see why one would think that, but I prefer the idea of Alex winning through determination and strength rather than the guy giving him a free win.

I know you still have some left, but is there anything in particular you'd like me to scan for the time being?
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,736
    @YagamiFire Agreed. People tend to forget that if it doesn't have flashy ki-effects it doesn't mean they're weak. Gen is terrifying, but we never see lights, or elemental attacks from him. Guys like Gief probably have super durable skin and might be harder to cut than a normal person. With Alex, his strength, speed, finess and such may have made more of an impact than how flashy his flash chop is. In the end, once he gets his hands on you, it's time to kiss the dirt.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,131
    Wait......Chun's the same age (or near) as Ryu and Juri? The hell? Thought she was older. :confused:
  • DRWDRW Joined: Posts: 439
    Wait......Chun's the same age (or near) as Ryu and Juri? The hell? Thought she was older. :confused:

She's four years younger than Ryu.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,131
    DRW wrote: »

Really. Wasn't aware of that.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,988
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    @YagamiFire Agreed. People tend to forget that if it doesn't have flashy ki-effects it doesn't mean they're weak. Gen is terrifying, but we never see lights, or elemental attacks from him. Guys like Gief probably have super durable skin and might be harder to cut than a normal person. With Alex, his strength, speed, finess and such may have made more of an impact than how flashy his flash chop is. In the end, once he gets his hands on you, it's time to kiss the dirt.

Exactly. In terms of someone like Zangief, if one (almost certainly correctly) assumes his scars are from fighting bears, it means those bears are doing WAY less physical harm to him with their claws than they should. His muscles should be shredded and destroyed by slashes from bear claws like that...but, for Gief, they're probably just flesh wounds. Dude's THAT tough. Hell, in SFV, his V-maneuver is basically Muscle Bomber from Tenjho Tenge where he just flexes to counter-act the impact of an attack. That is an absurd amount of muscle control and strength and is awesome as hell. Plus he can plant human beings in the ground like Recoome power-bombing Vegeta.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    Well everyone in the SF universe is far above mere mortals....
    DRW wrote: »

Really. Wasn't aware of that.

The alpha games portrayed her as basically fresh out of the womb lol
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,404
    On the Alex topic... teenage me used to think that he was connected to Guile or Nash somehow, I think it was because they vaguely look similar in design (american blondies wearing green) and I thought that his flash chop was like him trying to do a sonic boom or flash kick except with his arms... obviously nowadays I don't think like that anymore but I wonder Capcom can still make a connection to them.

By the way what bios are left to translate here? I think there's been a bunch translated already, if there is a link to them (translated of course) I'd really appreciate because I'd like to know more about the SF lore in general since these probably give more insight about the characters than the games.

Any thoughts about Alex's possible role in the story so far? Obviously illuminati will have something related to him (at least later on), but I'm talking more about character relationships and stuff like that.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
    I guess Guile was a poster boy because of the many stories about (even to this day) military men fathering children all across the world. Most probably assumed Guile came across a nice young lady in the UK and made it happen. I can totally see how a rumor like that could get started. Then again, I'm the same guy that thought T. Hawk was Ryu's long lost father.....

Nice stuff on Alex. I really wish there was more information on his battle with Gill. One guy can do pyrokinesis, meteors, and resurrection, while the other guy just throws you around like a rag-doll. I wonder how Alex won that battle? I remember when people said Gill most likely held-back significantly. It's easy to see why one would think that, but I prefer the idea of Alex winning through determination and strength rather than the guy giving him a free win.

I know you still have some left, but is there anything in particular you'd like me to scan for the time being?
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    In general I think people tend to see the tiers as way too wide and mostly because a lot of the upper tier guys do a lot of visibly inhuman stuff like Gill's fire/ice & meteors, etc...or Bison's telekinesis and what-not...but ALL the other SF characters are super-human and do super-human stuff. Especially the tier of main characters like Chun-Li, Ryu, Alex and such. Yeah Alex is a guy that "just" throws people...except I guarantee the dude could suplex a truck. Literally

The impression is that Alex is very good but not that good.

Like above SF average but not top tier, Ryu is clear superior and guys like Gill, Oro, Akuma, Bison and Urien probably smoke him.

Will be already kinda impressive if he's Sagat tier (i believe he's around that level)

As for Gill he likely took a dive, from the wiki

"As far as achievements go, Gill often takes a loss, sometimes in order to fulfill a much bigger goal; other times, he does so out of respect for his foe's fighting ability."

He likely got impressed by Alex determination/spirit and given him the fight

Gill is like a dude that ask to go full contact while he just do semi sparring, he seem so confident in his own power that don't use fights as a challenge but as a test to see each top fighter potential.

If he consider you good he let you win or even reward you (Dudley), he want preserve strong fighters so he take the loss because he can (due his regeneration powers) and in that way none get hurt permanently.
    If you don't reach his standard he have no problem crush his opponents (Tom), and also in that case even Tom seem not so mad about that and say it was a fair opponent

Of all SF characters only Gill and Oro feel like they reached a level where they believe to be at the very top and they don't need to gain more power.

Akuma think to be the best but still don't feel sure about that and arrived, and search very strongest ones that may present a challenge

Bison is ever searching source to increase his own power, he probably feel that at his peak will be the most powerfull of all, but that condition require paarticular circumstances wich is almost ever his story line

Then Urien, Gouken and Necalli (and Gen?) also them seem to be very high

Then Ryu, who is the dude destined and with the spirit to become the best one day (after Oro training?).
    He know that there are still -relatively- many stronger fighters and that's not a limit but chance to improve and learn

Alex in theyr fight served more than anything as showcase of Ryu's philosophy: he probably defeated Alex easily and still he's humble because that's his way

• ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,147
    I think Alex is going to make his wrestling debut (vs Gief, Mika, and/or Laura) and/or team up with Guile (vs Shadowloo). If we get the latter, this game may canonize Alex vs Boxer, seen here:
    rf39.jpg
    Him teaming with Guile also sets up Guile for the next DLC character. I really wonder what they're going to do with Guile's story. Are we going to reexamine the Alpha series like Nash and Chun-Li's stories? Are we going to see more modern adventures? Will Alex tie in? How about Balrog or Juri?
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    I think Alex is going to make his wrestling debut (vs Gief, Mika, and/or Laura) and/or team up with Guile (vs Shadowloo). If we get the latter, this game may canonize Alex vs Boxer, seen here:
    rf39.jpg
    Him teaming with Guile also sets up Guile for the next DLC character. I really wonder what they're going to do with Guile's story. Are we going to reexamine the Alpha series like Nash and Chun-Li's stories? Are we going to see more modern adventures? Will Alex tie in? How about Balrog or Juri?

I really don't understand why in all the media Balrog is depicted as a loser and Dudley is on top of him. Balrog always struck me as the stronger boxer. I'm all for gentleness in social relations, but that only gets you so far in a boxing match.
    rf39.jpg

I really don't understand why in all the media Balrog is depicted as a loser and Dudley is on top of him. Balrog always struck me as the stronger boxer. I'm all for gentleness in social relations, but that only gets you so far in a boxing match.

One year before SF3 this happened

edited March 2016
    I was always under the impression that Dudley is just a far more skilled boxer than Rog is. Sure, he may have the sheer power to kill an elephant, but none of that would matter if he can't land a hit on Duds. Outside of being more skilled, he's also quite strong and confident in his ability as a boxer. I could just see someone like Rog underestimating him and getting his ass knocked out because of it. Rog also seems like he can be outta control at times, whereas Duds is always chill and has his own fun way of talking shit to the opposition.

Seth can be a moron, but he has no issue complimenting great fighters. Back in Vanilla, Seth disregards Rogs skill and tells him he's "already assimilated boxing moves much more refined" than his own. In Super, Seth says Rogs moves are only worthy of "drunken back-alley punks", so it's clear what his opinion is on Rog. Many others have said the same regarding Rogs skill in comparison to what they say about Dudleys.

Thinking back, before there were leaks about the SF3 characters, most of us in the Warriors Fate thread assumed Dudley was a given for Super based on that Vanilla quote from Seth. Looks like we had the right idea, at least. Seth actually thanks Dudley for saving him the trouble of finding him to assimilate his moves. I guess Seth was talking about Mike from SF1 in Vanilla!!

In all seriousness, I like Rog, but at the end of the day, he's just a brute. Dudley is not only a classy gentlemen, but he's someone who'll hand you your ass on a silver platter then go home to chill in his garden while drinking tea....with the gloves on.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2016
    suplexing a truck is nothing Sabin can suplex a train.

"you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.