Charleston, SC: Home of the B*tch Made Gauntlet™

1171819202123»

Comments

• tehflavortehflavor My sex is too large. Joined: Posts: 643

That's cool if any heads over there want to do there league matches just let me know and who wants to play.
    I would pick ya up but I won't be able to take you home.

Word.  Well if anyone else is going and doesnt mind droppin me, and maybe my roommate off back this way, that would be the shit.   And actually i just found out i have some bullshit corporate meeting tomorrow, and im not sure what time ill be back in town, but im hoping it will be by 6 or so.
    edited February 2013
    Dat new technologyyyyyyy....  Off today too, if anyone wants to come thru for dem gaimz.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    edited March 2013
    I am either going to trade in my copy of SF for Bayonetta, or pick up Viper for funsies.

And Tom: Next week's time is?

I overheard you saying you want to start a little earlier?
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • thehurricanethehurricane Joined: Posts: 492
    Hey guys I'm gaming today if anybody wants to come over and play.

Also how does everyone feel about doing Ranbat round robins????
    That west ashley house of marvel just got TTT2....
    Off tomorrow. Games at my place til further notice.
  • Sex InstructorSex Instructor U Mad? LoL Joined: Posts: 399
    sigh everytime I leave and come back this site is different lol
    anyway you fellas hittin final round this year?
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

XBL: DEATHPROOF SI
  • BigpaulllBigpaulll Joined: Posts: 325
    Yeah Just about all of us will be there.. You should join the FB thread SCFGC...
    Don't Sing It Just Bring It !!
  • FootdiveKappaFootdiveKappa Joined: Posts: 24
    I live in charleston, goose creek specifically and I havent been able to find a scene here for umvc3 or ssf4ae until I found this thread. Are you guys still active at all? I would love to get some offline games in with other people.
    I only play umvc3 and ssf4 though.
  • BigpaulllBigpaulll Joined: Posts: 325
    edited April 2013
    Yeah we are all still available, to play games.. The Hurricane games at his house sometimes, otherwise we meet at Realms in Summerville..
    Don't Sing It Just Bring It !!
  • FootdiveKappaFootdiveKappa Joined: Posts: 24
    Bigpaulll wrote: »
    Yeah we are all still available, to play games.. The Hurricane games at his house sometimes, otherwise we meet at Realms in Summerville..

So how do i get up with you guys? do you post here?

Bigpaulll wrote: »

So how do i get up with you guys? do you post here?
    well, i do, but noone seems to read it. I host marvel in west ashley a lot. Ur prolly better off coordinating on the fb group page.
  • GlacialGlacial Joined: Posts: 33
    Wassup fellas...haven't posted in ages but it looks this thread has been pretty slow going.

Are you guys playing Injustice? I picked it up this past week and as expected I am terrible at the crappy MK combo system. Regardless, the game is quite fun and the best MK style game I have seen yet imo. I do wish they would tone down the damage on the interactables considering they are unblockable. I think if they cut the damage in half on them they would still do fine damage and be relevant to the gameplay without being ridiculous.

Anyway, if anyone who isn't an NNPTC or NPTU student and lives in West Ashley wants to game some time, I am down.

Waiting for the ST revival,
    Chris T
    The Passion of the Chris_T
  • CloutClout Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I'm relatively new around here. tried to find tourneys when I was feeling MVC a while back. Put it down and now I'm back and ready to train for real.
    I'm in Myrtle Beach and I'm looking to train with exceptional people if possible. Thanks for your time , hope this isn't a waste of time.
    Clout wrote: »
    Hello, I'm relatively new around here. tried to find tourneys when I was feeling MVC a while back. Put it down and now I'm back and ready to train for real.
    I'm in Myrtle Beach and I'm looking to train with exceptional people if possible. Thanks for your time , hope this isn't a waste of time.

If you are ever in, or are willing to come to the Charleston area, hit me up on facebook. facebook/tehflavor. We wont waste your time :)

What's up flavor, glad to see a quick response. Judging by the more recent posts I figured it might be a while. I'd be down to head that way if it could be a weekend LAN or something along those lines. Also, the wasting time comment was directed towards the forums being dead. I was hoping they were not dead and a waste of my time. I see that they are not and regardless of the skill, it'd be nice to play with people who actually try and enjoy Marvel. I only have a couple people who play, but they rarely play or give a shit about learning anything.
    What's up flavor, glad to see a quick response. Judging by the more recent posts I figured it might be a while. I'd be down to head that way if it could be a weekend LAN or something along those lines. Also, the wasting time comment was directed towards the forums being dead. I was hoping they were not dead and a waste of my time. I see that they are not and regardless of the skill, it'd be nice to play with people who actually try and enjoy Marvel. I only have a couple people who play, but they rarely play or give a shit about learning anything.

Yea, i think im the only active user anymore lol. We dont really have weekend lans per say, but my place is becoming a 24/7 spot for marvel and other games. Ive been testing out a steam, and itll be live 100% once all the kinks are worked out. My goal is to have this place be the SCFGTV(for lack of better names), but its really just a matter of folks comin out more. Turnout has been improving tho. But yea, get at me on fb. My work schedule is hella random, so i dont know when ill have 2 days off in a row, if i dont request em. But hell, if nothing else, maybe I can request a weekend off to host a big ass organized training session.

That sounds awesome. I don't have a Facebook, I'll get on that. What do you mean 24/7 spot? Like a 24/7 dojo? That's fucking awesome if that's the case. Shit man, you wouldn't have to organize shit if I could come through for a couple days and there's people trying to play. I just recently started checking out marvel tourney gameplay ( Been lost on COD ) and I checked out the FGTV too, so I think that stream is a great idea. Hopefully this can pan out, my shit's been crazy lately so if everything works out I can start getting down. Until then, I'll be in touch, later man.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Chris, most ppl post on a Facebook group that was made (www.facebook.com/groups/SCTourney/)

I live downtown and there are several players less than 10min from you. Two live off of 61 close to where Wal-Mart used to be, and I think there are 2-3 others in the area. When the fall semester starts back up and students come back to CofC there will be an extra head or three as well.

Hope the married life is treating you well!
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
    edited May 2013
    That sounds awesome. I don't have a Facebook, I'll get on that. What do you mean 24/7 spot? Like a 24/7 dojo? That's fucking awesome if that's the case. Shit man, you wouldn't have to organize shit if I could come through for a couple days and there's people trying to play. I just recently started checking out marvel tourney gameplay ( Been lost on COD ) and I checked out the FGTV too, so I think that stream is a great idea. Hopefully this can pan out, my shit's been crazy lately so if everything works out I can start getting down. Until then, I'll be in touch, later man.

Pretty much. The only ppl that are here 100% are myself and my roommate(we both play obv), but ppl are welcome any and all hours for the most part. It doesnt seem like ppl around here have the drive that we do. Were still kinda waitin for the first ppl that really go the distance with our crack sessions. PPL NEED TO COME OUT MORE. And play 1st to 500s, lol.
    Ive got the majority of the kinks worked out of my stream, and it can be viewed at twitch.tv/tehflavor. Its mostly marvel, but as previously stated we dabble in all fighters, and anytime my roommate and i play something multiplayer it ends up getting streamed as well. Come by the place and get some games in, or come by the stream and monster it up. Dont forget to follow, I need all the support I can get.
  • StorytellerStoryteller My avatar is an accurate portrayal of me. Joined: Posts: 2,741
    Hey guys, just a reminder, Midwest Championships 20th Anniversary is coming up this weekend at Game Galaxy Arcade in Antioch, TN! All of the tournament info (games, fees, payouts, etc) is on our Facebook event page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/514032561981842/?fref=ts

We are also looking for some dedicated commentators for MWC this weekend for our awesome stream, which will be hosted by Panda Gaming on Twitch. Let us know on our event page if you are interested and what game knowledge you have.

We're going to have pot bonuses, tons of games to play, as well as a large selection of arcade and pinball machines to play as well. It's going to be a blast and we look forward to seeing you all there!
    I'm here to kick ass and play video games, and I'm all outta ass.
    Richard, what is best in life? To two hit stun your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. - Andrew Glasscock, 2012

TTT2 - Bob/Feng, UMVC3 - Sentinel/Deadpool/Wesker, VF5 - Wolf Hawkfield
  • themightyikarithemightyikari Joined: Posts: 44
    Im in teh Chuck and would love to get some non-online / decent connection online play in. I play UMVC3 and VF5fS and everything else casually

PSN = themightyikari
    UMVC3: Firebrand / Sent / Akuma
  • Scheater5Scheater5 Joined: Posts: 141
    @Clout Hey man, you still looking for some offline games in Myrtle Beach? I'm gonna PM you, too - but I wanted to post in case anyone else sees. I'd love to find a gaming group and get some training/casuals going on.

I play mostly SSFIVAE and putz around with UMVC3 and skullgirls but I'm terrible at both of those
    My roommate plays Soul Cal V and e-sports games. I don't know if he's interested in meeting people for MOBA games, but we used to have a group of people that played Soul Cal II offline and it was mad fun.

Also, does anyone know when a tournament is going to come to MB again? I went to the Brawl at the Beach that was at Kono Lounge, but I missed the one that was at the con. Sadly, life/career prevents me from traveling much.
  • DabiddDabidd Bionic Arms since day 1 Joined: Posts: 5
    I just moved into charleston recently from savannah. Are there any meetups or anything like that?
    most of us meet at realms in summerville on saturday nights until 2am. colin hosts umvc3 whenever he is off in west ashley and i host tekken whenevwr im free downtown.

i also like vf but havent played in a year :(
    "Dude yea"
    www.facebook.com/groups/SCTourney/
    "Dude yea"
  • DabiddDabidd Bionic Arms since day 1 Joined: Posts: 5
    I joined but I guess someone has to accept me or something lol
    Damn this thread seems a little dead but hopefully I can shed some light. But I'm hosting 2 tournaments for 6 games on 2 different days. If you read on the SCFGC facebook page this Friday I'm running at my place 3 games which is AE 2012, SFXT, Tekken Tag 2. On Saturday at Realms games in Summerville I'm running Injustice, Persona 4, and umvc3. Hope to see some you guys show up. And if you need directions to my place text me or call me at 8435325254. Tournaments for both days will start at 9pm and I hope to get done by 12am. So I'm running a tight ship. Also at least 4 ppl to run a game.
    Days for the tournaments are August 23 and 24.
  • StorytellerStoryteller My avatar is an accurate portrayal of me. Joined: Posts: 2,741
    Hey guys, just a reminder - "King of the Bling" is coming up in October in Antioch, TN at Game Galaxy! We had a great turnout last year and we hope to have more this year!

- Your cover fee lets you play all of our arcade and pinball machines while you wait on your matches!

- Pot bonuses everywhere! $500 1st place extra for SFAE, Injustice, and UMVC3!!
    You won't want to miss this event! Tell your friends, it's going to be wild!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1399306273620188/
    I'm here to kick ass and play video games, and I'm all outta ass.
    Richard, what is best in life? To two hit stun your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. - Andrew Glasscock, 2012

TTT2 - Bob/Feng, UMVC3 - Sentinel/Deadpool/Wesker, VF5 - Wolf Hawkfield
  • caliberclarkcaliberclark Joined: Posts: 115
    I guess Charleston is dead? Please respond if there are any survivors
    We still here just we post on the SCFGC facebook page. Social media is the place where players meet now.