The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    Broken-tech
    PSN: andeRK83
    SFV Tag: baSick-
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    paolo11 wrote: »
    So even with the new patch they still rage quit?

Did the patch actually do anything to curb it? What changes did they make?

They gave rage quitters the possibility to win the first game and then quit after they lose the second one in a first to three.

I guess it's even more convenient to ramp up points now for them.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    edited March 2016
    Third Dump

deemogice

BossHawgKing

Lord_Float

Baesick

SUPERMECHAMAN

ChochBuster

true-warrior

SuperTi3rShadow

unreal-db

atpCoolcat

r0ckaboi

Jazdero

Shoozter

Souloe

TimeRocker

Somebody linked me to TimeRocker's Reddit account, where most of the comments are talking about how ragequitting sucks and bragging about his platinum rank. It's pretty funny.
    @TimeRocker ?

It's starting to dawn on me that id be super plat by now if it weren't for these guys :p the salt has its own value tho
    Post edited by otter on
  • DantemundusDantemundus Joined: Posts: 42
    ghgh4545 - ragequitting scum

• ironraidenironraiden Kono toko dane! Joined: Posts: 20
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    played mrMaloke twice, beat him twice, he didn't RQ vs me, but this is exactly what Ive been saying every day since the release of SFV.
    Most RQtters don't always RQ, they do it from time to time => vs low ranked players, or players they think who wouldn't record them

also it's such a shame to see so many platinum RQtters.
    I will even go so far and say that only 10% of all the current platinum players are actually legit. the other 90% are frauds.
    Legit platinum players are Sabin, Jimmy, Phenom, Ryan Hart etc who are also on my FL - I spar vs them
    daigo, infiltration etc - legit

its sad and makes me sick to see the current leaderboards

Maybe this mrmaloke guy is an honest-to-god RAGEquitter, in the sense that he doesn't quit to conserve points, but I can actually picture him throwing the stick around and screaming like the old Angry German Kid video when he loses and feels he didn't deserve it, so he doesn't allways do it.

• Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,932
    Seeing as there doesn't seem to be enough repeat offenders showing up, I think they need to just go ahead and give the L to the person who disconnects and the W to the one who stays. Isolating the people who "abuse it too much" or have a high disconnection rate isn't going to help because it's a widespread problem amongst many people who may not ever reach that criteria individually. Doesn't matter who it is, if they play through basically 99% of the match to just quit at the end, they are wasting our time, so to alleviate that just count the d/c as a loss and keep the reward system intact and the leaderboards somewhat less fraudulent.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • ShottanuhmisShottanuhmis Joined: Posts: 337
    edited March 2016
    I was going to stop the posts but I am sick and tired of it so I am going to continue. Putting people on blast.
    Louievuittondon Ken hopefully I spelled it right see video.

• CompleteMadnessCammyCompleteMadnessCammy Joined: Posts: 49
    edited March 2016
    I was going to stop the posts but I am sick and tired of it so I am going to continue. Putting people on blast.
    Louievuittondon Ken hopefully I spelled it right see video.

That same Ken rq against me months ago glad you got him. I only remember him because the name Louie Vuitton lol. He was mad u beat him in that super cute chun costume.
  • ReadAbookReadAbook Joined: Posts: 5
    Boss1992

• danteMdiedanteMdie Joined: Posts: 21
    edited March 2016
    Three more, let's go!

CFN: evilchunli
    PSN: nico565927

CFN: Shazoo
    PSN: kyuubi9

CFN: belief
    PSN: ypaoslol

"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the road -- neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
  • J is JusiceJ is Jusice Spelt my name wrong. Joined: Posts: 232
    odakku:

johnlu:

I've noticed that when it says 'connection with opponent lost', it's in the bottom left of the screen, now, instead of in the middle. I wonder why that is.
    SFV: F.A.N.G., Karin.

T7: Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lucky Chloe, Josie (ugh).
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Add Stallion to this list. Ultra Silver cammy that sucks shit. Got bodied and then dropped as all he saw was one more scoop.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Someone please put the names I'm putting here in the op. I might not have video but I've been here longer than most of you have been breathing.
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    Venomdead_

Ps4 Vega player
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    edited March 2016
    Even in bronze, cowards quits

Fighter ID: donniegreg

Oh, and this is from a Casual Match. Unbelievable

Fighter ID: MomBlock

• SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 682
    Just bought the game not too long ago, played only in casuals , on my fifth or 7th game someone rage quit in casual match ;(
  • StreetfarterfiveStreetfarterfive Joined: Posts: 50
    edited March 2016
    Someone please put the names I'm putting here in the op. I might not have video but I've been here longer than most of you have been breathing.

This kind of thing is ridiculous. Not only posting the accusation without proof but insisting they be added to 'the list', the whole point of which being that they are verified quitters, just because you've been on the forums a long time. Unbelievable.

Also, Mr. forum veteran, if you bothered to read OP, he's not updating the list anymore. Not that I can blame him considering the amount of time that would take.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    Yeah unverified accounts can't really be trusted. Especially since there are already cases of ragequitters trying to frame their occusers.
  • justplainluckyjustplainlucky Joined: Posts: 24
    I'm seriously quitting ranked matches once I hit Gold. I have to work three times as hard to make these points when so many people ragequit on me.

J-Yoga605

There's other videos of this guy on youtube, so he's definitely a repeat offender.
  • kimarkkimark Joined: Posts: 16
    edited April 2016
    oops
    Post edited by kimark on
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    edited April 2016
    Sareturu - Alex player - rage quiter.

Kill yourself

u1fcg5J.jpg
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw
  • RoperbandRoperband Joined: Posts: 9
    Any way to see the name after the POS quits? Unless I write it down first I can't seem to see it.
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 852
    This one got me a little annoyed, in the beginning, people where chasing the 4K for the gold trophy, I get it. But this is just ridiculous.
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"
    edited April 2016
    OmniCloud wrote: »
    This one got me a little annoyed, in the beginning, people where chasing the 4K for the gold trophy, I get it. But this is just ridiculous.

What mode were you playing in?? Your rank and league isn't showing up there is that casuals or ranked??
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I might rage quit and put myself in here.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    edited April 2016
    jebop wrote: »
    I might rage quit and put myself in here.

JUST DO IT Dont let your dreams be dreams.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 908
    So many familar names from SFIV. Not surprised to see Sagex0 and Celestial on the list...

Came in here to see if a Gold bison by the name of Misterscissors was on the list since he just ragequit on me.
  • MillefuneMillefune Unskilled Joined: Posts: 29
    edited April 2016
    I'm not sure if posting here really helps the situation. But since many are doing it, hopefully it does help add to the evidence that the developers should do something.

imbapc:
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 156

This guy is nasty..besides ragequitting he will do the alt-tab cheat everytime he got knocked down hard so you can not do any set ups. His fighter ID is Kill3r-AZN-Phd
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,278
    ran into him 6 times in casuals, never lost vs him
    he has 7200 LP now
    capcom srsly
    arespada wrote: »
    RAGE QUITE :(

ID : Deskmenu

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • drskulldrskull maximum Joined: Posts: 252
    edited April 2016
    as soon as capcom fixes this issue guys like this will stop playing ranked and brag about their lps.

I still think that capcom left this rq issue in the game intentionally hoping not to upset newcomers. how can capcom forget that there should be a penalty for rq, it's unbelievable, they are leading the fg market for over two decades ffs.
    lost in the beat
  • StreetfarterfiveStreetfarterfive Joined: Posts: 50
    Sareturu - Alex player - rage quiter.

Kill yourself

The point is to show how mad THEY are, not that YOU are a seriously unbalanced individual with mental issues. You have to stop. People like you are going to get this thing shut down.
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,694
    i got rid of my copy of SFV.

too impatient to wait for fixes and shit. also the fact that i just don't have much freetime these days.

• ornitornit 3s scrub Joined: Posts: 9 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Prozzzz
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,938
    CobraKai wrote: »
    drskull wrote: »
    as soon as capcom fixes this issue guys like this will stop playing ranked and brag about their lps.

I still think that capcom left this rq issue in the game intentionally hoping not to upset newcomers. how can capcom forget that there should be a penalty for rq, it's unbelievable, they are leading the fg market for over two decades ffs.

Then we need to pressure Capcom to reset the leaderboards. 0 LP for everyone sounds fair.
    The good players will have no problem climbing up the boards again.

tell that to the ones who legitly pounded days to get plat
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,932
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I would hate that. I didn't RQ to get to where I am, why should I have to pay for it?
    Not to mention Art has been putting in mad work to get that top spot.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 217
    What happens if capcom just decides to leave rank as it is?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,278
    edited April 2016
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    CobraKai wrote: »
    drskull wrote: »

Then we need to pressure Capcom to reset the leaderboards. 0 LP for everyone sounds fair.
    The good players will have no problem climbing up the boards again.

tell that to the ones who legitly pounded days to get plat

From all the platinum players Ive played so far since the release of sfv only a few were rly good but most of them were just horrible at SFV
    that's only 10% who are legit on the platinum ranks
    75% of all gold members are not legit and 90% of all platinum players are not legit
    even if some of these current platinum players have only RQtted like 3-4 times since the last 4 weeks, they are still frauds

you have to notice that many of these RQtters don't always RQ, when they lose vs someone else who is high ranked or a well known streamer / popular member of the FGC they will most likely lose fair, but if they lose to an unknown person with 1-2k LP they will RQ or the point loss is too huge.

at the end its capcom's decision, but with no reset the leaderboards gold-platinum will always stay full of cheaters & frauds,
    because once a penalty system gets added all those high ranked RQtters will stop playing ranked, if thats fine for everyone then ok.

But with a reset all legit strong players will end up on top without any problem while all the current frauds will stay at lower ranks

Post edited by LiangHuBBB on
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    I just played neogeomaster, who's on the list in the first post. He was in Silver League back then but is Platinum now. The only thing he id was jump around like a Rookie/Bronze player. He got me the first game because quite frankly I wasn't prepared for such an awful display of skill from a Platinum player so I beat him in the second game which resulted in him rage quitting. It was a casual match.

Just give those guys a perma-ban and let them buy the game again. There's no reason why honest players should have to deal with trash like that.