Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 819
    @Jannodude uunnfff! That thing is sexy.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
  • JannodudeJannodude Joined: Posts: 241

Thanks Brother!
  • fakevoxfakevox Joined: Posts: 2
    Vynce wrote: »
    fakevox wrote: »
    Yo. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. After getting back into fighting games again, I ordered a used FS Pro to replace my old Fighting Stick V3.

[silhouette]

I'm not a fan of super flashy artwork (which is great, since I'm not exactly a master of image editing), so I threw together some art of Lisa Silverman from Persona 2. I tend to use her for my avatar every now and then, and I felt I should represent the P2 cast since they were all reduced to mere color palettes in the later games. Stick is a Seimitsu LS-40, buttons are Sanwa OBSFs.

Well, here we go :angry:

(Looks good!)
    I installed the art some time ago, but I was waiting to get my parts in before taking some photos. When I saw yours, I was like "Ah, fuck."

But thanks!
  • GoldenGazeGoldenGaze Joined: Posts: 50
    @EJM , what're your thoughts on the Kuros? I've had mine for a while now and I'm liking them. No "squeaking" issues either.
    Through the haze and the smoke in the room, I caught your golden gaze.... Knew these were better days.... Ian Brown, Godlike genius.
  • ExuzuExuzu Joined: Posts: 11
    @EJM, that screw terminal addition is pretty cool. Can you post more pictures of how that was set up?
  • EJMEJM Joined: Posts: 438
    @GoldenGaze I like them and I can play perfectly fine on them. I prefer Sanwas just because I've played on them for so many years. But if I had to play on Kuros I wouldn't complain.
    A collection of pictures of my mods and wiring: https://instagram.com/modsbysteve/
    @zeththedarkmage Very nice of you!
  • pApArOAChpApArOACh Joined: Posts: 67
    Sold my Hori rap 4 kai and made the same artwork for TE2.

R6I9qJb.jpg
  • xtwo007xtwo007 Joined: Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    [removed]
    Post edited by xtwo007 on
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    coredump wrote: »
    Hello! My new totally from scratch dual PCB stick. All the process is documented here in details, including links for the files I used to laser cut all the things.

Nice work! Only immediate change I could see is making all the top screws flush like your stick mount screws.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,525
    coredump wrote: »
    Hello! My new totally from scratch dual PCB stick.

Very nice! Really like the corner joints you made there.

why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 246
    what or who printed your artwork? I have a brawl stick and I wanna replace the art.
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 718

The SHIFT button I'm particularly happy with. Combined with a Hex inverter and the stock trigger-switch functionality of the HFC4, I can do:
    SHIFT+R1 = L1
    SHIFT+R2 = L2
    SHIFT+L1 = L3
    SHIFT+L2 = R3

Which means that, if I'm to keep the stick as 8-buttons, I get access to L3+R3.
    Even if I chose to convert the stuck to 6-button, I STILL have access to L1+L2.

@FreedomGundam Are you able to explain this a little more and how it is done?

I'd love to be able to do this with the "turbo" button since I always have a 6 button layout.

Thanks

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,486
    EndRant wrote: »
    what or who printed your artwork? I have a brawl stick and I wanna replace the art.

@EndRant

It's a stock Tatsunoko vs Capcom top-panel, so I guess it would be Mad Catz who printed the artwork?
    The button inserts were printed at Staples.
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »

The SHIFT button I'm particularly happy with. Combined with a Hex inverter and the stock trigger-switch functionality of the HFC4, I can do:
    SHIFT+R1 = L1
    SHIFT+R2 = L2
    SHIFT+L1 = L3
    SHIFT+L2 = R3

Which means that, if I'm to keep the stick as 8-buttons, I get access to L3+R3.
    Even if I chose to convert the stuck to 6-button, I STILL have access to L1+L2.

@FreedomGundam Are you able to explain this a little more and how it is done?

I'd love to be able to do this with the "turbo" button since I always have a 6 button layout.

Thanks

@mR_CaESaR

I basically I tapped into the stock trigger-switch functionality on the HCF4, and I used the trigger solder-points for my R1/R2/L1/L2.
    This solution wouldn't (or might not?) work with, say, an MKX padhack or the Brook PS3/PS4 Fightboard or UFB.

On the HFC4, the trigger-switch works as follows:
    If low, the left triggers are L1/L2, the right triggers are R1/R2
    If high, the left triggers are L3/R3, the right triggers are L1/L2

Problem is, the function that you'd want is "reverse" of what a pushbutton does (if pressed, it's low; if unpressed, it's high); if you just directly wired up a pushbutton to the trigger-switch, you'd have to keep it held to use L1/L2/R1/R2, and release it to use L3/R3/L1/L2 respectively.

I happened to use a hex inverter that I had on-hand (there are obviously other solutions possible), since the hex inverter effectively "inverts" your button press: when the input is low, the output is high, and vice-versa.
    So I had the "pushbutton" (the Turbo micro-tact-switch in this case) wired up to one of the hex inverter's inputs, and had the output line connected to the trigger-switch's input line.
    And voilà! A "shift" button!
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Ok thanks, that's too much for my tiny little mind :)
  • yellowsnow4freeyellowsnow4free Joined: Posts: 41
    TvC2016_back.jpg
    Awesome work with the shift switch :)

Also, it's hard to tell from the pics, but how do you have the Neutrik attached? Looks almost like rivets from here.

• EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 246
    that's what I get for skimming. you printed it only for the buttons. I was just wondering cause I was looking for a cheap alternative, I went to kinkos and to print a lamilabel for a brawl stick is about $25. which is a little too much for me. if I can't find anything cheaper I guess I'll have to get it there.
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 111
    s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0416161749_zpswfatdhic.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Here's my first fight stick build. Pretty basic setup. Tek-Innovations case with etching work and vinal black background, Ls 62 joystick with short throw mod 6mm, sanwa 30mm silent push buttons "blue/white", seimitsu 30mm push buttons "clear/black" & a brooks ps3/ps4 fight board. All buttons possible are hooked up, turbo, touch key, L3, R3, options, ps home & share.

I'm donating this stick to my brother as it's not to my liking however I have another fightstick build in progress. I'm just waiting on my foe hammer stealth 2 s7 case to arrive. Of course that one will be a whole other post.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,486
    TvC2016_back.jpg
    Awesome work with the shift switch :)

Also, it's hard to tell from the pics, but how do you have the Neutrik attached? Looks almost like rivets from here.
    Countersunk the mounting holes, and used countersink screws.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Got my hands on a VSHG this weekend and I must say, I am mighty impressed with the size and weight ratio. It's an absolute cracker of a stick!

25V4Xt9.jpg

gHiB9Aa.jpg

Now it's just a matter of ordering a plexi for the VS
    Why? Just to protect the stock top / art? Just curious.
    Why? Just to protect the stock top / art? Just curious.

Because I want a 6 button layout and I hate the SFxT art :)
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    @mR_CaESaR how much you got the VSHG stick for? Your stick collection is coming along nicely
    lol, I read "VS" as Virtua Stick, not the Mad Catz SFxT V.S. :tongue:
    edited April 2016
    oodk wrote: »
    how much you got the VSHG stick for? Your stick collection is coming along nicely

@oodk had a good deal with a mate :) for about $137 USD, I got 2x VSHG's from him (both with PS360+'s in them). In return, I give him one of my OG TE with a 6x button plexi and I mod the TE with a UFB (he supplies the UFB, so my labour is "free"), he'll also get the JLF and OBSF buttons out from one of the sticks so he can put in his Kuro VLX

Works out well for both of us, since we both win :) (I get 2x VSHG's, he gets a spare stick and spare JLF/OBSF )

Yes, the stick collection is coming along nicely :)

The only sticks I want now is the Fighting Edge, VLX Diamond and VLX Kuro and I'd be very happy with my collection :)
    lol, I read "VS" as Virtua Stick, not the Mad Catz SFxT V.S. :tongue:

hahah, I figured that was the case :) I normally refer to these sticks as VSHG so I can use the VS for the mad catz one :)

I will probably have to change the artwork on one of the VSHG's since it's got a little bit of rust from the dried up man juice - gross!! :)
    Post edited by mR_CaESaR on
  • FeiWrongFeiWrong Joined: Posts: 358
    @FreedomGundam I freaking LOVE it!
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 785
    @FreedomGundam I'm amazed you put so much love into that "mere" TvC stick. Not something you see often here.
  • deseradadeserada Joined: Posts: 564
    @FreudlosPsyD How did you bond the acrylic?
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641

Did this nigga really say an arcade stick was sexy?

Anybody who calls an inanimate object "sexy", deserves to be shot.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • FreudlosPsyDFreudlosPsyD Joined: Posts: 32
    @deserada The top and bottom plate are held in place by m5 hex screwing into a double-sided nuts and the rest of the case was glued with 2-component acrylic glue.
    As you may notice, quite a lot of cracks manifested along the edges of those parts where the laser had hit the sheets heavily, removing a lot of material.
    Later on I learned that you're supposed to temper the readily cut parts for a couple of hours at 85°C to reduce stress in 'em, avoiding this phenomenon.
    But aside from the reduced visual appeal, said glue joints are rock solid.
    edited April 2016
    NENDO wrote: »
    Rick Ross wrote: »

Did this nigga really say an arcade stick was sexy?

Anybody who calls an inanimate object "sexy", deserves to be shot.

Do you just get really bored and decide to say some dumb shit, or?

Don't feed the troll, his a keyboard ganster!