The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 338
    bakfromon wrote: »
    New information on Fabio Matsuda

The secret of the Matsuda family. The brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.

Where is this from?
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2016
    Scotia wrote: »

The secret of the Matsuda family. The brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.

Where is this from?

The info is from one of the Japanese developers for Capcom. Fabio had been mentioned in the SFV Visionary Book relation chart, but the groundwork for he and Laura had been placed all the way back during Sean's inception as mentioned in the SF3 Fanbook.
    CaKifaXUcAEK9H4.jpg

Vasili can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Brenda is their mom...then Sean has one brother who is 7 years older and 1 sister who is 6 years older (probably Laura). Grandpa is Kinjirou. Father is Yuichiro. And, that makes up their happy little 6 person family.
    DGSimo wrote: »
    Hey guys are these of any use to you?
    24969291070_cfa0cf3036_o.png

25264876685_bac7efbf6b_o.jpg

I own the Vital Box and Street Fighter V: A Visionary Book and so I scanned a few pages.

*Karin's section contains her gardener Kozuki, her housekeeper Ishizaki, and her butler Shibasaki.
    *Karin is Birdie's "employer" and he is her "associate".
    *Birdie was once a part of Shadaloo and former subordinate of Fang
    *Shadaloo contain's Bison, Fang, Vega, Balrog, Dolls, and Ed.
    *Balrog hates both Vega and Fang
    *Fang greatly respects Bison
    *Dolls are Bison's subordinates
    *Cammy wants to save the Dolls
    *Delta Red members are listed next to Cammy (Keith Wolfman, Lita Luwanda, Matthew McCoy, George Ginzu)
    *The yellow box below Chun is labeled Air Force.
    *The names listed are Guile, Sawada (SF:TM?), David, and Tailor (Guile is Tailor's boss).
    *They were former colleagues of Nash.
    *Guile is related to the Masters Family (Ken).
    *M.Bison killed Nash.
    *M Bison killed Chun father? (it's asking the question)
    *Juri is under M.Bison and she hates him
    *Helen is under Nash with a question asking "revive?"
    *Below the yellow box are the names C.Viper and S. Raven with the group of Rashid, Cammy, Chun, and Nash being labeled as Anti Shadaloo.
    *Below Rashid is Azam, he views him like a grandfather.
    *Azam worries about Rashid.
    *Azam is an old friend of Zangief, he's also acquainted with Laura's Grandfather Kinjiro Matsuda.
    *CWA members are Zalazof and Colt (Biff and Gunloc from Slammasters).
    *IJWPW (International Japanese Women's Pro Wrestling) members are Yamato Nadeshiko, and Yoko Harmegeddon.
    *Mika looks up to Gief.
    *Gief is acquainted with Laura.
    *THawk and Hugo are listed in the box with Mika Gief and Laura.
    *This box is labeled "Throwing Friends" (Wrestling Buddies).
    *Matsuda's have their own box.
    *Laura is Sean's unbelievably scary sister.
    *Sean is Laura's adorable brother.
    *Family members are Kinjiro, Yuichiro, Brenda, and Fabio (Sean's and Laura's other brother)
    *Masters Family contain's Ken, Eliza, and Mel
    *Ken trained with Ryu under Gouken
    *Gouken trained with Gouki and under Goutetsu (轟鉄 canon kanji spelling "Roaring Iron")
    *Gouki kills Goutetsu
    *Necalli has a question asking "Searching for strong warriors?" (I'm not sure if this is right)
    *Names listed to the left of Necalli are; Fei Long (cinematography), Dee Jay (recording), and Blanka (filial piety "loyal to his mom")
    *Dhalsim's section is listed "Curry Lovers"
    *Oro is acquainted with Sim
    *Sally is Sim's wife, and Datta is his son
    *The police officers name is Mahesh
    *Kodaru is listed next to Dhalsim's name. I'm not sure who that is (his elephant maybe?)
    *Karin is searching for Oro to fight
    *Karin is friends with Sakura, Ibuki, and Elena
    *Dan thinks Sakura is his student
    *Dan hates Sagat because he killed his father
    *E.Honda and Hakan are listed below Dan in a yellow box marked "Looking for new disciples & A Gourmet Journey"
    *Sakura looks up to Ryu
    *Sagat is Ryu's rival and former member of the Four Kings
    *Adon is Sagat's former student and he hates him
    *Ryu respects Dhalsim

I think that sums it up for the relation chart
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 338
    Scotia wrote: »

Where is this from?

He's one of the Japanese developers for Capcom. Fabio had been mentioned in the SFV Visionary Book relation chart, bu the groundwork for he and Laura had been placed all the way back during Sean's inception as mentioned in the SF3 Fanbook.
    CaKifaXUcAEK9H4.jpg

Vasili can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Brenda is their mom...then Sean has one brother who is 7 years older and 1 sister who is 6 years older (probably Laura). Grandpa is Kinjirou. Father is Yuichiro. And, that makes up their happy little 6 person family.

I own the Vital Box and Street Fighter V: A Visionary Book and so I scanned a few pages.

*Karin's section contains her gardener Kozuki, her housekeeper Ishizaki, and her butler Shibasaki.
    *Delta Red members are listed next to Cammy (Keith Wolfman, Lita Luwanda, Matthew McCoy, George Ginzu)
    *The names listed are Guile, Sawada (SF:TM?), David, and Tailor (Guile is Tailor's boss).
    *M.Bison killed Nash.
    *Below the yellow box are the names C.Viper and S. Raven with the group of Rashid, Cammy, Chun, and Nash being labeled as Anti Shadaloo.
    *Azam is an old friend of Zangief, he's also acquainted with Laura's Grandfather Kinjiro Matsuda.
    *IJWPW (International Japanese Women's Pro Wrestling) members are Yamato Nadeshiko, and Yoko Harmegeddon.
    *Mika looks up to Gief.
    *This box is labeled "Throwing Friends" (Wrestling Buddies).
    *Family members are Kinjiro, Yuichiro, Brenda, and Fabio (Sean's and Laura's other brother)
    *Gouken trained with Gouki and under Goutetsu (轟鉄 canon kanji spelling "Roaring Iron")
    *Gouki kills Goutetsu
    *Necalli has a question asking "Searching for strong warriors?" (I'm not sure if this is right)
    *Names listed to the left of Necalli are; Fei Long (cinematography), Dee Jay (recording), and Blanka (filial piety "loyal to his mom")
    *Kodaru is listed next to Dhalsim's name. I'm not sure who that is (his elephant maybe?)
    *E.Honda and Hakan are listed below Dan in a yellow box marked "Looking for new disciples & A Gourmet Journey"
    *Sakura looks up to Ryu
    *Ryu respects Dhalsim

Thanks so much for all this. I'm a huge fan of Sean (as you can probably tell haha) so reading all this stuff is amazing!
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,997
    You know, I actually like Guile's prologue. It's nothing mind-blowing or extraordinary, but it does tell us three things:

1. Guile was a rookie, Charlie became his mentor, and through various events, Guile became the man Charlie wanted him to be.
    Abel is still technically a rookie, and I think Guile is now becoming his mentor, transferring Charlie's knowledge to Abel, assuring he will also become a great soldier
    I think Charlie taught Guile well!

2. Juri shows a surprising change of character. We don't quite know her motives, but she doesn't quite a crazy girl she was in SF4 either. She retained part of her character where she can talk shit towards her opponent and be outright bitchy (like calling Abel names lol), but I'm surprised she didn't attack Guile and Abel on sight. Perhaps she just doesn't give a crap about them anymore? What might be her current target now? Also interesting that although technically the SIN arc finished last game, we still have It echoing in SFV as well. I suppose the SIN lab Guile, Abel and Juri arrived at isn't the same as the one that was destroyed in SF4?

3. Vega pretty much says "Bison's plan is in motion, you guys are so fucked". If even Vega is assured of the outcome if what Bison is planning to do, it's going to be really damn scary. Can't wait until the June update.

I actually wonder if FANG had anything to do with the creation of Human Incubators, it's not a coincidence he fought Abel in Guile's prologue
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,475
    Get ready for that Juri hype boys and girls.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,349
    edited April 2016
    I actually wonder if FANG had anything to do with the creation of Human Incubators, it's not a coincidence he fought Abel in Guile's prologue

FANG did not join Shadowloo until after SF4, so no. He's an anal-retentive control freak who tracked down Abel because he was a double agent. Vega and Balrog only give a shit if A ) Bison asks them to do something or B ) It impacts them personally.
    What I'm interested in seeing is how prologues are going to be handled down the line. Will everyone have the same prologue for the rest of SFV, or will Capcom add onto them in bits? Adding onto them makes sense if we get multiple cinematics over the course of SFV's life. Even if certain characters like Nash or Bison die, their prologues can be a retelling of what older games left unclear. This works especially well with Bison because, if he gets taken out of the picture, there's no real need to keep his origin a mystery and we can see what all this talk about his "master" is about.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,907
    Damn, Sawada reference happening? Nice. Captain Sawada for SFV at some point, please.
  • ProRap500ProRap500 Joined: Posts: 151
    Is Charlie a superior fighter to Guile.....canon wise?
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,349
    ProRap500 wrote: »

In Alpha, definitely. I'm not too sure about now, as Guile seems to have grown a lot since then.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,762
    edited April 2016

FANG did not join Shadowloo until after SF4, so no.
    That only matters if Shadaloo isn't still growing bodies. Which they could totally still be doing.
    What just5 said. In Alpha 3 he totally was. But Charlie has been dead for years, while Guile has been out there only getting stronger. I image they're pretty equal now.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,221

Charlie was the reigning two time US Martial Arts Champion in Alpha. He taught Guile how to fight. He looks to be even stronger in SFV. Guile looks stronger as well but he was behind to begin with.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,475
    mikros wrote: »
    It sounds bizarre, but, isn't the word combo actually used in martial arts nowadays?

Actually yes., but not in that form. I've been in Taekwondo for over 20 years and we've always had several predetermined sets of continual techniques to throw off an opponent. But we never called them "combos" - we actually called them sparring combinations, which sounds significantly more technical. There are at least 30 real life "bread and butter combos" that could always help me get the upper hand! By the way Mikros, that's me in the avi with the j. hk lol.

See? Juri knows what's best for people. :tup:
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 525
    So Azam fights like Zangief? Geez, he really is Darun Mister.
    edited April 2016
    So, google translate says Dorai's name means "Copper Subaru"? :p
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Guile's story was as everyone expected: bland and uninspired. I was expecting a dialogue between Abel and Guile about Charlie. After all, he's the reason why they met in the first place. Or is that retconned now, of all the things to retcon?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    edited April 2016
    Hey! Our first NEW Character Encyclopedia since they stopped uploading them ahead of time(looks like they skipped Max, Scott and Abel for now).

029: Yoko Harmageddon

If you're still around Caio_Lins, any addition backgroundless versions of these new images you'd like to provide would be much appreciated. And of course if Bak would be so kind as to translate it.

If anyone needs it, I'm keeping a complete list of all the posted articles over in this thread at Capcom-Unity.
  • Caio_LinsCaio_Lins Joined: Posts: 220
    ok.... on Monday DarthEnder ;)
    edited April 2016
    So, apparently SOMETHING is interactable in Guile's stage:

Given what she did in SF2, that's not surprising.
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Hey! Our first NEW Character Encyclopedia since they stopped uploading them ahead of time(looks like they skipped Max, Scott and Abel for now).

029: Yoko Harmageddon

If you're still around Caio_Lins, any addition backgroundless versions of these new images you'd like to provide would be much appreciated. And of course if Bak would be so kind as to translate it.

If anyone needs it, I'm keeping a complete list of all the posted articles over in this thread at Capcom-Unity.

I tried Google translate but I'll have to wait for Bakfromon to give us a real translation.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    edited April 2016
    mikros wrote: »
    It sounds bizarre, but, isn't the word combo actually used in martial arts nowadays?

Actually yes., but not in that form. I've been in Taekwondo for over 20 years and we've always had several predetermined sets of continual techniques to throw off an opponent. But we never called them "combos" - we actually called them sparring combinations, which sounds significantly more technical. There are at least 30 real life "bread and butter combos" that could always help me get the upper hand! By the way Mikros, that's me in the avi with the j. hk lol.

My brother does boxing and they use the term combinations too. Though there you can usually improvise and apply your own combination. During competitions and high tension, boxers usually avoid the more complicated and inefficient stuff and prefer the classic 1-2-1. Even Muhammad Ali mostly applied this combination.
    too slow!
    Combo is just an abbreviation of combination
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,997
    edited May 2016
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that @bakfromon Discord tech
    Post edited by PVL_93_RU on
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,560

*Karin's section contains her gardener Daisy, her housekeeper Ishizaki, and her butler Shibasaki.
    *M.Bison killed Nash.
    *Mika looks up to Gief.
    *This box is labeled "Throwing Friends" (Grappling Buds).
    *Gouki kills Goutetsu
    *Kodal is listed next to Dhalsim's name (his elephant)
    *Sakura looks up to Ryu
    *Ryu respects Dhalsim

Cleaned up some of the mistakes I made in the relation chart (bolded parts)

Also, here's Azam demonstrating some moves

I like Azam and i hope he end up in SFV, but no spinning lariat pls
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    So, apparently SOMETHING is interactable in Guile's stage:

Well, after chinese dudes doing gay stuff in the bus, the universe finally has been balanced

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    edited April 2016

He was and probably still is, even if by less large gap

Imho:

Illuminati Nash > SFV Guile = Alpha Nash > SF2 Guile > Alpha Guile

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,441
    I personally see it like this:

Illuminati Nash>>>>Alpha Nash>>SFV Guile>SF4 Guile>SF2 Guile>>>>Alpha Guile

Guile is stronger than he's ever been, but I still don't think he surpassed Alpha Nash. Compared to Guile, Nash still has superior Chi-control with the Sonic Boom, being able to launch one from his arms and legs. Somersault Justice looks more powerful than Double Flash, too.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,441
    It fooled me for yrs. I always assumed he needed them.

Something else I thought was funny: Nash is wearing a bulletproof vest that happens to be open located on the back, since his front is opened. He happens to get shot right in his back in Alpha 2. He's a genius.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited April 2016
    Do you mind if I link that post for it's translation in the CU thread Bak?
    It seems we may be getting more info on the other female wrestlers sometime soon from the way Yoko's profile reads...
    Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to just getting the rest of R. Mika's fellow divas for the rest of the week...
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2016
    Do you mind if I link that post for it's translation in the CU thread Bak?

Forsure!
    It seems we may be getting more info on the other female wrestlers sometime soon from the way Yoko's profile reads...
    Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to just getting the rest of R. Mika's fellow divas for the rest of the week...

We might not get them consecutively, but we may get them eventually.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    On the plus side, if Mika's fellow wrestlers each get their own article than the Dolls HAVE to each be getting their own articles.