SRK Lounge: The Search for Ronin

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I leave for 15 minutes and this happens.
    This is offensive.
  • dreandrean Joined: Posts: 875
    RIP reactions.

RIP non Stylish users.
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Well, pages seem to load faster so there is that.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But how do I let you guys know something is funny? I can't even quote shit without remembering the code.
    You can't remember [ quote] [ /quote]?
    This is offensive.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,224
    That's what the fuck I thought..... :angry:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,014
    Everything's back to normal.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,067
    edited June 2016
    Everything's back to normal.

When you think that srk can't become any shittier, they show us a glimpse of what it could become. Is lik they are saying, we can goo deeper. :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,048
    Bious wrote: »
    Azure wrote: »
    First they came for the items, and I did not care because I do not play competitive party games.

Then they came for the stages, and I did not care because I do not play competitive party games.

Then they came for the S tier characters, and I did not care because I do not play competitive party games.

Then they came for my forum, and there was no fighting game community left for me.

How high are you.

Not high enough to play Smash, that's for sure.

:coffee:
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    {quote="Raz0r;10826998"}You can't remember [ quote] [ /quote]?{/quote}

There is more than that if I want to get it precise.

Starhammer wrote: »
    hitomi_miyano_565402151.1024x0.jpg

C'mon Star, that photo you posted was photoshopped

double checking to make sure the ass ain't airbrushed?

573a162a28be8_zps551ihntg.jpeg

-Starhammer-

This got a real life chuckle.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,224
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    13339653_10103986145095288_4972582293821627121_n.jpg?oh=00d5b6a70a31338605fd8668ee69ddc4&oe=5808BAE5

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

I laughed good at this. For anyone wondering what caused this picture:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/fox-apologizes-for-‘x-men-apocalypse’-chokehold-ad/ar-BBtPUVR?

-Starhammer-

I don't even know where to start lol
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,205

I don't even know where to start lol

Reading the actual article made it even more rage inducing. The bias was so obvious in every single line.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    Pertho wrote: »
    For somebody who took pictures of herself after getting nutted on, Jennifer Lawrence def takes herself too seriously.

I don't think she takes herself seriously at all.
    Lawrence wasn't the person who complained, it was Rose McGowan. Far as I know, she's the only one to do so.
    This is offensive.
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Shaft Agent First 5-link dropped a while ago. Im'a get my first 6-link this league soooon... My Witch is more metal than the composition of most asteroids. My witch more metal than a Dwarven Foundry.

Get on this shit son! No more Perandus boxes fucking up your flow.

I finally got to where I can clear rooms with one hit. Now I just need a good 4-link so I can link Poison to my shit and finish off bosses quickly.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,632
    @DoctaMario You make some very logical points so obviously Raz0r AKA SRK's resident white knight will be butt hurt and disagree no matter how wrong he is and claim he's trolling to save face or revert to defensively being condescending of rational criticism. You've been here long enough to know no amount of logic or facts will change his mind he's stuck in his closed minded dismissiveness of reality, but I applaud the effort anyways in systematically pointing out the objective flaws in the article and not being as drive by dismissive to Raz0r as he is to everyone else that proves him wrong.

The core theme of the article, that many women have to deal with being treated as sex objects and not as actual people and can't do anything about it is a real problem no one will deny, I mean no one wants to be pre judged based on their looks. I can sympathize because countless times my whole life I've had a hard time being taken seriously due to being 5,4 and having a very young looking face. When I was in AZ my stepsister's cousin said the same thing she looks very young, but is a 35 year old development lead in STEM and people she interviews for jobs often assume she's just HR and not their potential boss. So I can understand that sexism for many if not most women is an issue and the fact that it's something they have to live with and accept and are pretty much powerless to change due to evolution, biology, and psychology can understandably be a frustrating feeling. That being said the problem with these feminazis is they make a mountain of an ant hill using that frustration as justification to be just as if not more judgmental and close minded as the people they bitch about and instead of choosing to have any rational conversation about it acknowledging this problem is complex, they choose to see it as black and white and close their ears and eyes to anything that doesn't kiss their ass.

The objective flaw with the article is how the writer chooses to make assumptions (especially when they are all incorrect ones) about her would be dissenters and comes across as you said arrogant and completely one sided choosing to embrace emotional pain as the replacement for facts and and logic. She dismisses all criticism against feminism completely saying it's a myth that feminists play the victim card despite the overwhelming objective evidence that is exactly the case with hire wave feminists. She goes out of her way to point out all the anecdotal examples of people treating her horribly yet makes no mention of any even handed criticism of her beliefs to paint the picture that anyone who disagrees with her is an amoral monster and that everything she says is gospel not even being aware of her own hypocrisy. She says feminists are mischaracterized as man haters or humorless shrews when again objectively the evidence points to that being the case most of the time, she says feminism is now more powerful than ever and that's a half truth. Yes feminism is probably more popular now than ever before there are many feminist organizations, demonstrations, etc, but she fails to mention that by feminism being powerful it it's powerfully destructive and regressive more often than not. Then she mentions at least twice how women are paid less and anyone who brings up the gender pay gap as some huge issue simply has no understanding of basic economics and has no credibility as they choose to embrace a click bait headline over raw numbers from actual credible economists not to mention pretending the equal pay act of 1963 doesn't exist lol.

TLDR: It's sad the loudest and most popular faces for feminism tend to be the most hypocritical, factually incorrect, and victimhood embracing and end up hurting the credibility and causes of real feminists who actually care about fighting sexism.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Julia Stiles still bae.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,542
    What is this wall?

Mental? Physical? Am I an idiot?
    What is like $2500 a month?
    @DoctaMario You make some very logical points so obviously Raz0r AKA SRK's resident white knight will be butt hurt and disagree no matter how wrong he is and claim he's trolling to save face or revert to defensively being condescending of rational criticism. You've been here long enough to know no amount of logic or facts will change his mind he's stuck in his closed minded dismissiveness of reality, but I applaud the effort anyways in systematically pointing out the objective flaws in the article and not being as drive by dismissive to Raz0r as he is to everyone else that proves him wrong.

Okay, Tiny Tim. You don't have to beg for my attention anymore. You have it. What the motherfuck are you running your mouth about now?
    This is offensive.
This discussion has been closed.