Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,675
    finally played a few matches in the BF1 beta and funny i could have sworn there were medics in this game and yet i haven't been revived or healed once. i also had switch classes to destroy a tank that was harassing my squad for a good 5 minutes because nobody else would fucking do it.

i can't blame the medics too much the UI is terrible, the only way you can tell somebody needs healing is a tiny little while outline that depletes around your class sybol. it makes it absurdly hard to tell who needs healing.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,149
    Chiro wrote: »
    finally played a few matches in the BF1 beta and funny i could have sworn there were medics in this game and yet i haven't been revived or healed once. i also had switch classes to destroy a tank that was harassing my squad for a good 5 minutes because nobody else would fucking do it.

i can't blame the medics too much the UI is terrible, the only way you can tell somebody needs healing is a tiny little while outline that depletes around your class sybol. it makes it absurdly hard to tell who needs healing.

You can request revives when downed. It sends an alert to all medics in your vicinity that you need help.

Also I only play rush but armor at this point seems a little op. They stationary artillery does a decent job but it still takes 3-4 shots to disable. I'm assuming better gadgets are unlocked to help in this regard, the only one I unlocked for the medic class is a light anti tank grenade. Does shit damage to most armor in the game at this point.

I enjoyed it though. I like the minimalistic approach without a bunch of icons and flashy stuff on the screen. Provides for a cleaner experience imo.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk

You can request revives when downed. It sends an alert to all medics in your vicinity that you need help.

Also I only play rush but armor at this point seems a little op. They stationary artillery does a decent job but it still takes 3-4 shots to disable. I'm assuming better gadgets are unlocked to help in this regard, the only one I unlocked for the medic class is a light anti tank grenade. Does shit damage to most armor in the game at this point.

I enjoyed it though. I like the minimalistic approach without a bunch of icons and flashy stuff on the screen. Provides for a cleaner experience imo.

i hammered the fuck out of that request button trust me. and there are icons, they're just mostly useless and hard to see what they are since its white on light blue in the middle of a bright dessert. a medics screen should flash red and blue constantly when someone hits that request button as far im concerned the fucking assault class users from BF3 were better than these guys.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,149

i hammered the fuck out of that request button trust me. and there are icons, they're just mostly useless and hard to see what they are since its white on light blue in the middle of a bright dessert. a medics screen should flash red and blue constantly when someone hits that request button as far im concerned the fucking assault class users from BF3 were better than these guys.

Lol yea it was pretty bad when I played too. Everyone wanted to snipe. Defender Rush was so boring because the attackers just laid back.
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    edited September 2016
    For those that played BF1 how do yall feel about the proximity auto spotting?

skip to 2:21

Also there's a $130 edition of Battlefield 1..........except it doesn't come with the game:

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-130-battlefield-1-collectors-edition-comes-with-a-statue-swag-dlc-but-no-game/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw

giphy.gif
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    edited September 2016

Also there's a $130 edition of Battlefield 1..........except it doesn't come with the game:

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-130-battlefield-1-collectors-edition-comes-with-a-statue-swag-dlc-but-no-game/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw

giphy.gif

A lot of that stuff shown in that video was not in the beta I played today.

If anything the spot mechanic has been way toned down.

The tank entry for instance. I remember saying damn, they went above and beyond the entry and exiting of a tank.

I can check anything else that you are curious about however... This was on the ps4 version.
    edited September 2016

giphy.gif

A lot of that stuff shown in that video was not in the beta I played today.

If anything the spot mechanic has been way toned down.

The tank entry for instance. I remember saying damn, they went above and beyond the entry and exiting of a tank.

I can check anything else that you are curious about however... This was on the ps4 version.

same honestly im not sure what the hell is up with spotting right now. i could swear its on a cool down now because spotting multiple people in a short time span almost never works for me.

aside from that have you been having trouble with the sniper. there have just been times where i can NOT hit anyone with it despite being perfectly on target and watching the round hit the character model. im not a great shot but it doesn't take me 20 rounds to hit someone with a sniper either.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nintendo 3DS Direct tomorrow at 7AM PST/10AM EST http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-01-2016/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    I kind of agree. Asking for refund for a game like this after playing for 5 days straight is sort of bitchmade. Just hold the L and move on.

normaly i would, but not when there are 18 Quintilian planets and the promise that you can see cool and rare things is the whole objective. how long do you think people waited to see something like what was shown in the trailers and never got it?
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided "Extra digital content". A skin, extra in-game mission, digital ost sampler, and some digital book.

PAPUYU-069-ZUFUMU-013

Not sure what this code is for. Some pre-order thing.

FWVC-87VQ-9E4F-ZBUY

ComiXology free comic:

DEUS-XUH61
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,489
    10 hours a day for 5 days is a really long time to only be playing one game
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,847
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    I have to agree with Phantom Angel
    5 times 24 (24 hours a day) = 120

Protip: Windows comes with a calculator

But no one reasonable plays a game for 24 hours a day.
    10 hours a day for 5 days is a really long time to only be playing one game
    Much more reasonable figures but still that alot of time to be playing on one game, especially with kids about to be starting school soon.
    Grown people who work don't have the time for 10 hour a day gaming.

I think if people really feel the game sucks, they should demand a refund.
    Both Amazon and Steam allows for refunds on games.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,234
    Darksakul wrote: »

I don't need a damn calculator to know there aren't 50 hours making up a 5 day time period, 48 hours is only two days. I think you guys misunderstood what I meant lol.

Or I worded it badly. One of the two lol.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,950

I don't need a damn calculator to know there aren't 50 hours making up a 5 day time period, 48 hours is only two days. I think you guys misunderstood what I meant lol.

We got you lol... I think. The quotes make it seem like we're talking about you, but you're being quoted cause you pointed it out.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    don't like that you can't turn off music in BF1 Beta without affecting the game play sounds
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM

Oh come now, admit you screwed up. We saw what you typed, you can't just say we misunderstood you.
    You got on me for less.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,910
    Yes I do see some things from Gaf. I find them to be a good source for info and I don't let the opinions of some people on the site color my opinion of the place as a whole. Plus opinions are opinions...has nothing to do with news really. Half the time I'll click on a thread on there that's interesting, read the OP, and then not even bother scrolling down if I really don't care about what some of the people on the site have to say about it...case in point the thread below. Think I probably went about 2-3 posts down and went 'meh' and moved on.

Back when EA was called the worst company in America, Peter Moore made an internal group to look over places like reddit and gaf to find out why
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-worst-company-in-america-contr/1100-6443178/

Polygon has opinions about Dead or Alive Extreme 3 in VR, no I'm not really going to post the link but I will however point you to the gaf thread
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272295

spoiler alert: It says what you think it probably says about it. I find it funny though that the game doesn't come out over here and it still ends up getting the article you would expect written about it.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - Games Preview Summer 2016

Batman Arkham VR - Behind the Scenes Video

The Bunker - Announcement Trailer

RIGS Mechanized Combat League - Single Player Trailer

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - New Devon Multiplayer Map

Final Fantasy XV - World of Wonder Tour of Eos with Noctis

Titanfall 2 - Meet the Titans Official Trailer

Bonus:

Cringe for a few seconds

Side:

If you liked the Hyrule Historia then you might want this Zelda art book that's coming out
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/31/the-legend-of-zelda-art-artifacts-available-for-pre-order
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,670
    I know Po will disagree or lol, but I really want to play Final Fantasy Boy Band edition.

Reminds me of the anime Free. :rofl:
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    I don't think I did. Pretty sure my point was pretty obvious. The

Oh come now, admit you screwed up. We saw what you typed, you can't just say we misunderstood you.
    You got on me for less.
    If PA got what I meant, the he'll is your excuse?

You got on me for less.

I get what you meant to say, but what you actually said was completely different.
    And what you said was down right stupid, and you know that.
    Don't play this off as a misunderstanding, admit it you you screwed up.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,963
    Bious wrote: »
    Holy crap Megaman 3 was not meant to be played Buster Only.

Everyone who LOL'd at this can probably guess which boss almost made me toss my computer.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.

You got on me for less.

I get what you meant to say, but what you actually said was completely different.
    Because you asked so nicely.

No.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,205
    Ended up going with the X1 S. since I enjoyed the console and already had hella shit to play for it

Im still bugged by the install shit tho. Almost makes me wanna go digital only for this but takes hella long. With the way things are for this I wish the disc just worked as register key since you gotta install anyway. and after install the game is counted a digital copy in sense so its on your account but naw lol

You got on me for less.

Because you asked so nicely.

No.

You know you are full of shit, but fine be that way.
    Just don't bitch at me next time what I have to say hurt your sensibilities.

So back to actual gaming and not crotchpuncha's inability to do math

Valve is being sued by British Telecom for patent infringement
    British Telecom claims Valve is infringing on 4 different patents, the very technology that makes Steam possible.
    The same claims could be made on Youtube, Amazon and Netflix.
    I think British Telecom is just a bunch of Patent Trolls and the Judge will throw out the case how vague everything is worded.

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/bt-is-taking-valve-to-court-over-patent-infringement/
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,335
    Honestly I would be so much more interested in FF15 if it was just a road trip story about a bunch of dumb teenagers/young adults in a fantastical environment, rather than the 'save the world' storyline it will eventually devolve into.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,377
    Honestly I would be so much more interested in FF15 if it was just a road trip story about a bunch of dumb teenagers/young adults in a fantastical environment, rather than the 'save the world' storyline it will eventually devolve into.

And if they actually looked like teenagers and not the lost members of Anime N*Sync.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    That's what teenagers look like these days.

Then I weep even further for society...

Since when was looking like an Uchiha en vogue?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Shadow Man wupped that ass right? Doc Quick Man just laughed at you?
    Tien Gouki wrote: »

Doc Robot Wood Man is an asshole too. God help him if he ever makes it to the Triple Copy Robots.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,963
    Tien Gouki wrote: »

Ding ding ding. Doc Flashman as well. Currently getting leafed by Doc Woodman.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    po pimpus wrote: »

Long before this fucker started to get popular
    EVbZekw4.jpg
    po pimpus wrote: »

What's an Uchiha?
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    Tyrone's wardrobe

Its-An-UCHIHA-thing-you-wouldnt-understand-.jpg
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    i wish that ubi wasnt going to downgrade the fuck out of watchdogs 2. that could be my goty easy. but of course release version going to look like ass
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 90
    DOAX3 VR isn't the only, there will also Photo Paradise:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/31/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-getting-first-destructible-swimsuits-new-sexy-bikinis-and-photo-stage/

This new Photo Paradise mode remind me of some games i stumbled to know. Has any one of you remembers a Japanese High School Photography game called Natsuroi High School?
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,620
    FF main cast reminds me of bands in the jrock/visual kei genre. Bands like Lynch., Diaura, Screw, and a ton others. I'll take this style over that tahitian treat islander dance party theme that was in the past ff games.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,310

cant wait to scroll down from this post and see how this is explained
    CRYING