The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,068
    @Doctrine Dark It's Judgement Girl week. Which also means a week of Judgement Girl AAC entries
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,869
    Judgement Girls favor Chun-Li

Would be hilarious if there's some backstory to it
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • EvorglebEvorgleb Joined: Posts: 153
    Judgement girls are at least better than kinda sorta Ruby Heart and her brothers. Though half the judgment girls look like Chun-Li knockoffs
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,970
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Judgement girls are at least better than kinda sorta Ruby Heart and her brothers. Though half the judgment girls look like Chun-Li knockoffs

Based on Ruth Nash's post only 28.6% (2/7) Judgment Girls look like Chun Li
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 818
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    But if it means I get Rugal and the New Faces Team back I am 100% cool with it.
    It's kinda weird that, if they knew that's how they were going to end the game, they brought back Vice and Mature for THIS game, when they were also dead. Sure, they've been back before, they were just shadows. Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to just not be in this game, then revive them along with everyone else?

In 15 I'm sure we're just gonna get a Vice, Mature, Rugal team. And Iori is going to have to find new teammates.

Eh, they've been 'alive' for a few games now and they're very popular. Dropping them would have been weird. Plus they're Orochi types, so maybe after clawing their way back into reality as ~shadows~ they've slowly become more real.

Why would Rugal want them back, though? They were spies working for Goenitz. If GOENITZ returns I could see them on a team with him, though. Personally I love the Yagami Team and would like to see them stay with Iori.
    SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Starfire. | MvCI: Morrigan, Gamora, Captain Marvel. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,030
    Man, with all these mentions of Ingrid, the meta data stats for Ingrid continue to increase. Gotta love 21st century data mining. It pays hardly any attention to the opinions attached to terms.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2016
    Seems like Capcom got the conditions for judgement girls wrong lol. They dont come in the event of a time out. They ONLY come out when there is a draw game.

I.e double knockout in a round or both players with equal health at the end of timer.

Its a nice touch but given the rarity of both events was probably a waste of resources in the end even though the character designs are quite cool. British equestrian lady and fair libra are my favs.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    SF, world-wise, looking more like KOF is a GOOD thing...especially with how absolutely awesome KOF 14's simple story is compared to the yawn fest that is SFV's totally expected rehash of SFA3.

In fact, KOF actually made me go "HOLY SHIT!" when a certain character returned

If you mean...
    Ash Crimson.

Then yeah, I reacted the exact same way.

And tbh...
    Though I'd normally be against this sort of thing, I kinda like the idea of Verse being able to resurrect dead characters within KOF. As far as we know, about 30(?) something characters have been resurrected. I wonder who they could be... I'd imagine the Orochi trio would've been brought back as well.

Yes, that character indeed since I am a fan. That was awesome.

If they bring back who you mentioned I'll also be psyched since I'm a major fan of them a well.

Hell, what I'm really hoping is that the now-Chinese-owned SNK will use this as an opportunity to bring in some of the non-canonical KOF Chinese manhua characters that were killed in the comics. The manhua characters are actually REALLY damn enduring in China and several other places so it would make sense...and give us some new characters. Hell, Sylvie Paula Paula seems like a direct reference to the manhua character Magnet Storm (another NESTs agent) with her attacks and element
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • MiðgarðsormMiðgarðsorm Linguist, translator, et cetera Joined: Posts: 765
    edited September 2016
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Starting the SFEX character profiles today which will be going in the brand new SFEX section of the guide. First up are the siblings of tragedy...

If you don't mind, I'm going to finish by doing Vulcano Rosso, Jack, Garuda and Doctrine Dark. :smile:

Cestus wrote: »
    Lol, i recycled SF4 boat XD
    Also mandatory night version with aurora borealis in the sky and drunk pirates drinking chanting and brawling

If they ever do an Iceland stage, I'd reserve the aurora for that. I would see better the Norwegian pirate stage with a midnight sun. This trifling detail aside, I love your idea.
    And for BGM, absolutely Cannon in D Minor by Thomas Bergersen (who's Norwegian, what a coincidence!). Bonus points if the sailors go along the song's choir and claps. :sunglasses:
    »Ich heiße Bastian«, sagte der Junge, »Bastian Balthasar Bux.«
    »Ziemlich kurioser Name«, knurrte der Mann, »mit diesen drei B’s.
    Na ja, dafür kannst du nichts, hast ihn dir ja nicht selbst gegeben. Ich
    heiße Karl Konrad Koreander.«
    »Das sind drei K’s«, sagte der Junge ernst.
    »Hm«, brummte der Alte, »stimmt!«

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
    YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
    "So we can believe the big ones?"
    YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
    "They're not the same at all!"
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    "Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,346
    Thanks, bak.

I remember awhile back when I read some bullshit EX story guide where it said Hokuto was teaming up with Kairi to take on Bison during EX2. It also said Vega killed Hayate during the tournament, causing Hokuto to awaken into her Bloody state. That and the phony plot point of Kairi wiping Akuma out can be forgotten about altogether now.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,068
    Starting the SFEX character profiles today which will be going in the brand new SFEX section of the guide. First up are the siblings of tragedy...

If you don't mind, I'm going to finish by doing Vulcano Rosso, Jack, Garuda and Doctrine Dark. :smile:

Sounds great! If you could provide the Japanese text for Cracker Jack and Doctrine Dark I'd appreciate it (I forgot to pull them sorry @Doctrine Dark)
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • MiðgarðsormMiðgarðsorm Linguist, translator, et cetera Joined: Posts: 765
    Absolutely no problem at all.
    »Ich heiße Bastian«, sagte der Junge, »Bastian Balthasar Bux.«
    »Ziemlich kurioser Name«, knurrte der Mann, »mit diesen drei B’s.
    Na ja, dafür kannst du nichts, hast ihn dir ja nicht selbst gegeben. Ich
    heiße Karl Konrad Koreander.«
    »Das sind drei K’s«, sagte der Junge ernst.
    »Hm«, brummte der Alte, »stimmt!«

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
    YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
    "So we can believe the big ones?"
    YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
    "They're not the same at all!"
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    "Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
    Lol, no problemo.

Doctrine Dark:
    Wsntc0A.jpg
    GH2f2Zq.jpg

Cracker Jack:
    Uj37npB.jpg

Vulcano Russo:
    VgHo8na.jpg
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
  • TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 317
    Any chane you guys are interested in translating Fighting Layer too?
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation

What like the whole game? Not really, that should be Arika's or Namco's job.

Just the bios of the characters, aside from the special moves, that's really all there is. Like EX, Arika takes the minimalist approach when it come to story.
  • FightingPunchFightingPunch Joined: Posts: 23
    Lord Vega wrote: »
    Coincidence or not, my copy of "Street Fighter V Pia Encyclopedia Mook" arrived today. There, there's a section with a short profile of all main SF characters, including the EX ones. I'm not sure if there's anything new/interesting there (I think that it covers more the gameplay than the character's story, even the Satellite ARK-99 is there).

Anyway, the pages for the SFEX characters:

imgur.com/a/9K8Qk

Hope this can be of any use.

Nice. You planning on uploading the rest of the pages?

I find it funny however that instead of using Ace's official artwork, the magazine used a fan made image of him, edited from
    Haiji's artwork from The Fallen Angels.

latest?cb=20140902095806
    Xq1rt4T.jpg

edited September 2016
    Interesting stuff. Doctrine Dark is one of those characters you feel sorry for. He's not only filled with hatred for Guile after seeing his fellow soldiers slaughtered, but he seems to believe that killing others is his only way of staying alive. That mercenary school must've been a hellish experience for Holger.

I remember when it was said Cracker Jack was a member of Shadaloo, but these profiles only mention an organization instead. Seems like a pretty chill dude.

Hmmm. So Vulcano also belongs to an organization? I wonder who he's seeking for revenge. Maybe Shadaloo?

What more needs to be said about Garuda? Dude is a fucking beast. I also like the confirmation of Garuda>Akuma even though we already knew that.

Had no idea the Cycloids were against each other. Cool.

Thanks to all of you for the amazing work you've done.

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,432
    Cestus wrote: »
    Lol, i recycled SF4 boat XD
    Also mandatory night version with aurora borealis in the sky and drunk pirates drinking chanting and brawling

If they ever do an Iceland stage, I'd reserve the aurora for that. I would see better the Norwegian pirate stage with a midnight sun. This trifling detail aside, I love your idea.
    And for BGM, absolutely Cannon in D Minor by Thomas Bergersen (who's Norwegian, what a coincidence!). Bonus points if the sailors go along the song's choir and claps. :sunglasses:

N4p1zWT.gif
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,432
    edited September 2016
    Hmmm. So Vulcano also belongs to an organization? I wonder who he's seeking for revenge. Maybe Shadaloo?

Arika and theyr bitch contracts

Also from Kiki, that with his weak redesign of Smalt Raven ruined his chances of return into SF in disguise
    Post edited by Cestus on
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1

What like the whole game? Not really, that should be Arika's or Namco's job.

Just the bios of the characters, aside from the special moves, that's really all there is. Like EX, Arika takes the minimalist approach when it comes to story.

I didn't even know their characters had bios. :pensive:

Yep, it was all on the Arika website (the key word being was).

But not to worry, I got the link (though I had to jack Professor Peabody's Wayback Machine to access it).

https://web.archive.org/web/20070630015828/http://www.arika.co.jp/product/fl/chara.html

It's basically just the story and move list for most of the characters. Vold (the game's final boss), the animals and the knight don't get them, though.