The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    po pimpus wrote: »
    So which Knicks player will get injured and miss the rest of the season first?

Knicks going be that team with hype and end up in Eastern Finals to lose to Lebron.
    I predict them to go far though. Nevermind they get beat by the Hawks before that.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,389
    edited September 2016
    Half the Knicks team gonna be on IR before February. East still small potatoes... Lebron casually walks into the Finals again.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The 2022 HOF class will be a must watch. Duncan, Garnett and Kobe's speeches should all be vastly different from each other.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Go Bulls...........

Uhm yay....

I still cringe whenever I think wade and rondo can work together.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,487
    Or every time Rondo takes a jumper...
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,434
    Rondo's jumper ain't that bad anymore.

It's the "I'm not passing you the ball unless I can get an assist" style of play is more of the issue....
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 12,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Welp, Pierce announced his retirement. This will be his last year.

Sheesh. What a summer.
  • Rockman XRockman X Joined: Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm depressed our best player is Loul Deng.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That definitely looks like Lebron
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,448
    As a Knicks fan we don't belong in the same manuscript as those teams
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,327
    edited September 2016
    Media day has always been kinda "eh" to me. Pics get taken... Reporters asking the same questions we been hearing all summer.. Only this time they are asking them in person.. The players giving the same canned stereotypical answers to them... We still don't get to see any basketball be physically played for another month.. It's a damn tease ..plus the Grizz always get shitted on.. No coverage
    D.R.E. wrote: »
    We still don't get to see any basketball be physically played for another month..

Preseason starts this weekend.
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    D.R.E. wrote: »
    We still don't get to see any basketball be physically played for another month..

Preseason starts this weekend.

*meaningful basketball
    Technically, meaningful basketball doesn't start until April. Nobody even worries about playoff seeding for 2-3 months.

Basketball is basketball, preseason or not. If you care about a team, you're going to want to see what is different about players.
    edited September 2016
    I care about my team just fine, but preseason games are boring. I want to see the starters without restrictions and the bench in thier realistic roles. i watch the whole regular season it is important to me. I'll see how the players have progressed once the grind of the season gets underway..consistency is what I want.. A few preseason games don't show you that
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,585
    If Popovich plays all the starters, then it's a meaningful game.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,482
    https://pvplive.net/c/team-liquid-purchased-by-key-washington-dc-sports-

Wizards and Warriors are also getting in on the Esports.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo

Every Warriors game is basically going to be a snuff film.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=VW3hB2uyUvU

Collect your W Agent Zero!!!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    I don't think the Warriors are going to be as good as last season. Where is their rim protection?
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,946
    I also feel like the Warriors could potentially disappoint. There's a lot of talent but we've seen teams in the past with this much superstar talent fall short.
    There's never been a team with this much talent. 2 of the top 3 players in the league + best shooting backcourt of all time + a guy who was second in votes for Defensive Player of the Year. Let's get real.

As far as rim protection, tbey have Javale McGee.
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,558
    Yeah but Lebron is still the father to all of them.
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,163
    Mike Brown is bad karma for them.

They ain't winning shit.
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't like their bench depth this season, losing Barbosa hurts a lot. David West is 36 years old, Varejao hasn't been the same since injuries, and Ian Clark is unproven. Andre Iguodala will be asked to do much more for the Warriors than in his previous seasons, and he's turning older which is why we heard rumors of them flirting with a shumpert swap
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

West never relied on athleticism, his age hasn't affected his game. There will always be a starter in the game, they won't play like the last 2 years where the entire bench subbed in. And they still have Livingston, their most impactful sub because of his height advantage.

People been trying to come up with reasons all summer for why the team won't be as good as predicted, and it just ain't working.
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,520
    LeBron is salivating at the prospect of shitting on this super team. He barely beat these dudes last year.

I don't think he can again honestly. I see 2 years of GSW winning everything at least.

Durant historically has been owned by LeBron but with this stacked team KD will finally feel like he's getting his. I think that was a huge factor in joining GSW, to finally get back at LBJ even if he had to stack the deck in his favor.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Malone was 40 and played for half the season. From what I remember, Payton was a shell of his former self. I don't really think 04 Lakers and this year's Warriors is a good comparison.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    Comparing that Lakers team to this Warriors team is a joke. 2 stars and 2 washed players on the brink of retirement compared to 4 stars in their prime (with 2 MVP caliber players).

You would have to go back to Wilt/Jerry Lakers or some other 60s/70s stacked team to find something like this year's Warriors.
  • spideymanspideyman Much Luv to the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AHVB_ wrote: »
    I don't think the Warriors are going to be as good as last season. Where is their rim protection?

When you have JaVale and Zaza you don't need anyone else
    Much love to the midwest.
    Out of the top 10 shot blockers last season, only 4 of them made the playoffs. Rim protection doesn't mean much anymore. Everybody is shooting outside shots.
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,509
    I honestly don't like the dubs expectations. I liked it when we were still underdogs, like back in 2012 draft lmao. It was sad but Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry were considered good, and DLee was our top PF who couldn't move lateral or play D. Now we're some mega team that's still hard to fathom. People just want us to burn now.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
    This might be the first time the Sixers will actually attempt to be competitive in a long time. Everybody is healthy, they have vets like Jerryd Bayless and Gerald Henderson, and Simmons will make everyone better with his passing.
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    de BLOO wrote: »
    LeBron is salivating at the prospect of shitting on this super team. He barely beat these dudes last year.

I don't think he can again honestly. I see 2 years of GSW winning everything at least.

Durant historically has been owned by LeBron but with this stacked team KD will finally feel like he's getting his. I think that was a huge factor in joining GSW, to finally get back at LBJ even if he had to stack the deck in his favor.

I agree not a good chance for the Cavs to repeat. GSW is way too strong.

The Hawks will sweep the GSW in the finals but otherwise GSW is unstoppable.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file