Long Island, NY SFV

GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true GodJoined: Posts: 888
edited March 2016 in Atlantic North
EDIT - The Arena in West Babylon is pretty the only place in Suffolk County.
Post edited by Greenwood on
Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman, Joker
Boring, stale, predictable FGs - Cammy, Kuma, whatever yawn zzzzz

Comments

• citiofbrasscitiofbrass FKA koolaidsmile Joined: Posts: 1,175
    Greenwood wrote: »
    I noticed another LI thread with very little response (and I know that guy who made the thread personally anyway.)

Is there anywhere to play USF4 offline in one of the most densely populated places in America? The further east the better.

theres a place in suffolk called the areana. its a card store but i heard they have something on Thursdays. your best bet maybe to search via facebook.
    I am now and will always be for the community!
    Follow me on Twitter: @citiofbrass .. youtube channel: citiofbrass .. teams youtube channel: teampienyc
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 888
    edited March 2016
    Thanks, Citi. I'll google it.

bump
  • dipindodsdipindods Joined: Posts: 2
    where on long island?

@dipindods

I'm in eastern Suffolk. Hampton Bays to be exact.
    edited March 2016
    bump
  • spacesparspacespar Joined: Posts: 4
    Long Island is where the rich people live, not fighting game players.
    Right...there are no poor people on LI. There's no crime either. It's just 7.5 million rich people who all get along and none of the 7.5 million play fighting games.
  • Soko_amarettoSoko_amaretto Joined: Posts: 2
    Scrubby as hell in Shirley
  • spacesparspacespar Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey I live near Shirley. Any arcade cabinets nearby?
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol there used to be a lot of us a while back. We played 3s, cvs2, mvc2, and SF2...this back when stony brook still had the arcade and shortly after it closed. Does Nathan's still have their cabs? At one point they had cvs2, 3s and mvc2. Jillans (Dave n busters) also had T5 and cvs2...not sure if it's there anymore.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    edited March 2016
    @caliagent#3 I've googled it a million times and I've asked on many forums. As far as I know, the only thing on Long Island is Brooklyn or Manhattan (which is about a 5 hour round trip drive for me).

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    edited February 2016
    Greenwood wrote: »
    @caliagent#3 I've googled it a million times and I've asked on many forums. As far as I know, the only thing on Long Island is Brooklyn or Manhattan (which is about a 5 hour round trip drive for me).

the arena in west bab thursday 6-12, there was 20-30 on sfv. They want to do it on Tuesday nights as well.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yea arena at west Babylon. I've only been once a couple years ago maybe for sf4; solid group.
    Yup, thanks guys. I finally found that place. Was there the past 2 Thursday's.
  • ForthisgiftForthisgift Joined: Posts: 2
    Any word on if The Arena is holding Tuesday tournaments/gatherings? Thursday is bad for me. Also, if anyone is looking to meet up there monday or wednesday mornings to run sets (assuming they have SFV setups for public use) Im usually free.
    I'll check when I go there tomorrow. I don't know if mornings will work, I think they always open at 5pm.
  • brandwunbrandwun Joined: Posts: 2
    I can't find a lot of info about the Arena. Is it pretty much casual matches Thursday nights? What's the range of skill levels? I just hit silver (2000lp) online. I don't mind playing people better than me, but at the same time I don't want to get bodied the whole night.
  • ForthisgiftForthisgift Joined: Posts: 2
    Alright, thanks Greenwood.
    @brandwun The skill level is God Awful (mainly me) to Top Tier Players. So far it's only Thursday night 6-12 but they may add Tuesday. I think they have 1 or 2 set ups so most people brought their own ps4. Some even brought their own TV.
  • BigkillaBigkilla I love crispy links!! :-) Joined: Posts: 160
    Hello...Yes We play at place called "The Arena" the address is 983 East Neck Rd. West Babylon, N.Y. We play every Tuesdays & Thursday from 5pm-11pm (or later). Some of best li players like LI Joe, Moons & more.
    USFIV Main: Cammy,
    SFV: Cammy
  • BasedxBasedx Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    So the Arena is the only place in Suffolk/Nassau? Thats a little far. Do they have a fee for casual play? I'm a little broke so going to Next Level to play casuals seems a bit expensive and the skill there is probably way above me.
    @Basedx It's the only place I've heard of in Suffolk/Nassau. It's pretty far for me too, that's why I've only been twice. I was hoping there was something more eastern, but that's probably never going to happen. $5 to play.
  • BasedxBasedx Joined: Posts: 2
    @Greenwood Do you know if they're still only doing Thursdays? I don't see any info about their events on their facebook page or any weekly info. They have no other website or group either it seems. Odd considering we have top tier players here that the scene is so small.
    @Basedx I've heard they are doing Tuesdays as well, but I haven't been there for that. Now, I'm too busy to go until around November when my work dies down a little, so I haven't been keeping up. Just too far of a drive for the time I get out of work.
  • iwuvkemonomimisiwuvkemonomimis Joined: Posts: 1
    I just moved to Long Beach and I am looking for a local community to jam with. The Arena is a bit too far for me to go to a on a consistent basis sadly.
  • hwang24hwang24 Joined: Posts: 8
    Anyone here going to attend NEC for SFV? If so, who can reach Washington, D.C. for an NEC preparation tourney for the Saturday before?