Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• AkoAko Old account was SaucyPinoy Joined: Posts: 12
    edited November 2016
    Got myself a new stick, the HRAP V4 Hayabusa for $40 shipped on ebay. No box, and the stick is just dusty and has fingerprints, so a good wipe will make it look nice. The buttons feel different from my Kai, maybe because these kuros are glossy instead of matte. I kinda like the glossy better. Just a quick pic from my phone, so not much of a nice shot.
    HgS1UnG.jpg
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,306
    I think I'm gonna go all out with this stick and put LEDs in it. What's the easiest way to go about that for someone who isn't trying to soldier a damn thing?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,069
    edited November 2016
    @ako the newer kais have the hayabusa buttons. Those are the ones with the matte finish. The Kuro buttons are the glossy ones used in the older models.
    Post edited by DominicanPower on
  • TomtortoiseTomtortoise Joined: Posts: 13
    @Fatso666 That controller looks awesome! The art you picked actually looks really good on it which I can't say for most of the diva controllers. Favorite part is the black and pink striping on the bottom though, that is a really cool touch.

Glad you were eventually able to figure out the wiring on the lights with my convoluted directions lol, I actually have to modify mine to tie the ground from my power supply to the USB ground as it actually will reset the controller about once every 20 minutes, weird problem. If you ever decide to do a version two and need laser cutting (To avoid hand cutting art for hours and wood countersinking), I got you.

Also where did you find the art? I'm considering redoing mine to have the faint grid pattern which is beyond my drawing with CAD ability lol.
  • Fatso666Fatso666 Joined: Posts: 15
    @Tomtortoise Thanks, most of the artwork I picked was because they were centred and would naturally work, or because they would look alright in the bottom right. I actually tried Googling last night to see if there were any suggestions on cutting cardboard and it turns out that a box cutter is actually really good at cutting cardboard so it only took 2-4 hours to cut the remaining art work:
    uoPePip.jpg

vdx3G0F.jpg

Getting the black and pink was a pain, I painted the entire box blue, then painted a large pink stripe at the bottom before using masking tape to paint the black stripes on top. The final result looks okay but the issue is that because I used a lacquer paint, there's a noticeable thickness difference between the pink and black which meant I couldn't sand it all flat...quite annoying

Your directions for the buttons were mostly there :p there was just an piece of common sense that you need to wire the button signal from the PCB to the NO switch which I lacked at the time

I might consider laser cutting next time for the top panel at least. I'm using 5mm thick abrasion resistant polycarbonate but even that is still easily scratched, I didn't choose acrylic since I didn't think I would be able to cut it without cracking it

For the art I basically spent several days browsing through most of the 50,000 images on Danbooru and the 10,000 images on Konachan. From all of this I only found 27 images that could possibly work as artwork, then I chose 3 to print out. The only issue is that most of this artwork was 1920x1080 artwork at 72ppi since it was meant for a PC desktop background. When printing out artwork you would want it at 300ppi which translate to something like 15,000 pixel width in order to get the best quality, which meant I needed to upscale the images massively to achieve the quality needed. Thankfully someone had created a website called waifu2x which uses a special algorithm to upscale images, but without noticeable loss of quality
  • GoomoonryongGoomoonryong Joined: Posts: 2
    ReirakHu wrote: »
    My latest creation. Made out of an old Panasonic RL 7670 stereo reciever.

Nvq3u1Q.jpg

1qQe0e2.jpg

a7ZeNWD.jpg

As always, thanks to Bryan and Sue at Paradise Arcade Shop for the awesome Sanwa metallic buttons/ball top as well as the Seimitsu LS-56 that went into it.

How much does this stick weight?
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 173
    Finally got a chance to take this to a local. Really happy with how it turned out.

BrookUFB Dual Modded with a PS360+ for PS2 and SNES

bDnDXb9.jpg

I was able to get these air pockets out by just taking out the screws and cleaning the plexi and the plastic underneath.
    4OmrQDG.jpg

5crcFT4.jpg
  • EskerEsker 41236C Joined: Posts: 404
    Finest_KO wrote: »
    Finally got a chance to take this to a local. Really happy with how it turned out.

I'll bet that lit up your night.
    Scrub. I don't want no scrub.
    Scrub is a guy who can't get no wins from me.
    Mashing on his cheap-ass pad, getting really mad,
    Throwing a tantrum at me.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Loving that iron man and picade!
    "Foolish Worm"
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 551
    @FreedomGundam that's amazing work right there!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • AtariAtari Joined: Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if Souji Stiks is still around? I ordered a custom stick back in July (and sent the money) but I haven't heard anything from the guy in months, and not getting replies to my emails. Just trying to figure out if there's maybe an email issue, or if I need to go to Paypal and initiate a non-fulfillment claim.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 339
    edited November 2016
    keep trying, hopefully he will get back to you
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,343
    Atari wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Souji Stiks is still around? I ordered a custom stick back in July (and sent the money) but I haven't heard anything from the guy in months, and not getting replies to my emails. Just trying to figure out if there's maybe an email issue, or if I need to go to Paypal and initiate a non-fulfillment claim.

4 month?!
    try to get your money back via paypal.

• anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 997
    edited December 2016
    Atari wrote: »

i dont wanna further derail the thread but...............

this is his profile page here at srk souji5 aka soujisticks and shows last active 4 months ago

never heard anyting bad about him before, a well known custom builder, i would give him the benefit of the duobt and not label him a scammer.
    he maybe ill, or maybe deployed with army, he may be in prison, or possibly even dead in a ditch or drunk in a bar in mogadishu

either way, 4 months of non communicatin is too long, go ahead and start the ball rolling with paypal

also post your case in the trading outlet to make other customer aware who are in a similar situation, in the WoS thread
  • OkinaSaruOkinaSaru Joined: Posts: 11
    edited December 2016
    Just got the PS3 HRAP VLX.
    ZU1qJJHN.jpg

Small update; it turns out i got a free octagonal gate! Luckily I got a spare square gate.
    Uv9zG2Au.jpg

Post edited by OkinaSaru on
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    edited December 2016
    ^ I didn't keep my VLX stock neither.

I don't fully understand stick culture though. Why is it better to keep your VLX stock? I personally do not like the Kuro nor the Hayabusa buttons. The Hayabusa joystick is just fine IMO and there is nothing wrong with it, I just prefer Sanwa Denshi parts. I used Seimitsu for a little bit and they are good too, but I actually like the sensitivity of Sanwa Denshi.

I put Sanwa parts in my black one as soon as I fucking got it:
    ebiZh7El.jpg

The character buttons didn't have black rims, they all had different colors. I plucked the plungers from the original packaging and then inserted them into the clear smoke rims. Clear smoke rims are actually clear black (the smoke color is the plunger) so it went very well with my stick. The original colors would have clashed. I honestly wish I didn't buy the char buttons...they were fucking expensive as shit. However I will say this. The buttons not only look way better in person, but the print quality of the art is actually fucking amazing. They of course can be held to the same standard as any other Sanwa Denshi button.

I also have that red VLX you have (it was my first stick). That Smoke Seimitsu bubbletop is killer, dude! I have the red one. I used clear red plungers and a solid black body. A red seimitsu bubbletop paired with red shaft and dust covers. I put the black one on top because of the whole red/black theme.

This is my red VLX:
    tro1WSul.jpg

The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    Same I didn't bother keeping it stock so I change it all to Sanwa. Kept all the stock button and buttons.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    some might bash me for not keeping a VLX stock, this will come with me to the grave so here it goes

Ia that the PS3 VLX? They came with white sides stock, so unless you added those you bought a modified VLX. If you would rather have the white sides I would trade you mine :)
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    edited December 2016
    some might bash me for not keeping a VLX stock, this will come with me to the grave so here it goes

Ia that the PS3 VLX? They came with white sides stock, so unless you added those you bought a modified VLX. If you would rather have the white sides I would trade you mine :)

I just realized he had black sides! Holy shit! You can remove those and change em?!?!

I wanna trade him too! The fuck?!?! I think these white sides look like ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I want black sides! I want black sides! I want black sides!!! It would make me so happy to have the sides match my red buttons with black rims.

Damn, now you're making me look into this.
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I just realized he had black sides! Holy shit! You can remove those and change em?!?!

I wanna trade him too! The fuck?!?! I think these white sides look like ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I want black sides! I want black sides! I want black sides!!! It would make me so happy to have the sides match my red buttons with black rims.

Damn, now you're making me look into this.

Lol yep. You can trade with PS4 owners for the red/black sides. You can also buy car vinyl wraps and with patience wrap your white ones in any color/pattern. I have my sides on w/just x1 screw ready to be traded. I only use it for stand up play so doesn't bother me.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850

who cares? you do you. let others do themselves with their dicks in their hands
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    I've always liked the VLX but it's just... it's so big! I can't travel with that! I am only one man :(
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 840
    It is, but I love it. It's just so damn beautiful.
    Reiraku wrote: »
    It is, but I love it. It's just so damn beautiful.

There's a reason I have two.

I wish I could get my hands on the diamond.
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
    edited December 2016
    geni wrote: »
    @devastator Arcade stick! did a Black Walnut custom for a Friend of mine. awesome Stick and nice Size as well
    [img[/img]photo sharing sites

That stick is...godlike.
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 169
    perilX wrote: »
    I've always liked the VLX but it's just... it's so big! I can't travel with that! I am only one man :(

It's a collector's item. Not to be moved around the world!
    PSN: KolbeSgf

T7: Feng, Jin, maybe someone else
    GG Rev2: Ky
    SFV: Ryu
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    Kolbe wrote: »
    perilX wrote: »

It's a collector's item. Not to be moved around the world!

If I get to be a world warrior, so does my stick!
  • seqoseqo Joined: Posts: 230
    Finally my Hrap 4 Kai is waiting is big brother coming home! :D
    arcade stick user
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    That fightstick win so much