Blue Reflection is an immersive beautiful magical girl lifestyle RPG

affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,737
edited September 6 in General Discussion
It's about time they made a modern high quality magical girl lifestyle RPG, and Gust is practically the greatest developer these days to do it beautifully and great

http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/bluereflection/

http://social.gust.co.jp/gakkou/

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/blue-reflection-details-world-game-flow

I would import but understanding the language is essential to the experience, so they gotta localize it. Unlike shooters, fighting, and hack n slash, it's not all just about the routines, thrills and combat.
All the socializing, relationships and more are a part of the core experience and give greater meaning to all
Post edited by affinity on

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,153
    Gust is a weeb factory and nothing more.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - South Park: The Fractured but Whole (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,402
    modern high quality magical girl lifestyle RPG
    More like the most generic magical girl RPG I ever seen.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    modern high quality magical girl lifestyle RPG
    More like the most generic magical girl RPG I ever seen.

To be fair, a magical girl RPG is not really a thing that you see at all
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @WTF-AKUMA-HAX

Neither of those series actually fit the bill for magical girl. They have the suit transformation thing, but outside of that they're pretty different from the standard breasts those shows would have.

Neptunia especially is just a standard sci-fi fantasy RPG with transformations, and the other one is standard RPG+idols
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,942
    Those are specifically games with only girls you role play and do magic with.

Girls doing magic

Is actually in every RPG ever. But if this has to fit a bill of lolicon fetish shit all checkmarks need to be ticked. I don't think I need to know anymore.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is the most mundane cellphone game ever.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,942
    if this game doesnt have an anime accompanyment WITH LOTS OF FAN SERVICE

it is a disgrace to otaku (neet freak scumlife 1st worlders) everywhere!!!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,737
    edited January 24
    Of course someone would mindlessly bring up Omega Quintet, which is NOT a pure nor true magical girl RPG.
    Omega Quintent is a masculine tainted idol harem simulator with badly designed rpg concept.
    No self respecting mahou shoujo / maho shojo creation would make a male character the protagonist nor perspective of the story, world or game.

A magical girl concept would be about the player being a magical girl in a magical girls group and living a magical girl life, focusing on magical girl style things like friendships between girls. And in popular conventional magical girl concepts, the player/protagonist as a one of the magical girls would have a dual life between being a normal girl, and a magical girl fighting and defeating evil while helping and protecting the innocent. :)

Magical girl concept is a pure feminine themed catgory

Pure magical girls concept is about magical girls from a magical girl perspective and magical girl leadership.
    They can have a male cheerleader errr assistant like Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon, but a magical girl scenario would be about magical girls being at the top of the heroism and leadership hierarchy, and no one stands above them.

Also Gust >>>>>>>>>>>> Compile Heart/Idea Factory. And even for a idol harem game that glorifies male protagonist, Omega Quintet is still totally wasted and bad taste
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/27/omega-quintet-badly-written-and-lacking-in-focus/

True magical girl themed game would glorify only magical girls and be only about the magical girls, with no males members in the group nor being their coach/instructor.

I don't count Neptunia as "magical girl" theme. it is first and foremost a parody of the videogame industry with magical goddesses in a digital/computer themed reality.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia

Like it was stated, Neptunia series is more of sci fi fantasy RPG with transformations. it's the closest thing to "magical girl RPG" We've ever gotten since the Sailor Moon RPG on SNES, however, Blue Reflection is the first TRUE genuine magical girl videogame that is 100% about magical girls, and the player has the role of a girl that becomes a magical girl in that world.
    There is literally no true high production values magical girl videogame since SNES Sailor Moon RPG, and even that is based on a story, characters and world that was already explored in the manga and anime. Meanwhile, something like Blue Reflection is brand new and unexplored, so the experience is much more fresh, personal and with more potential surprises and new experiences. (and yes it is high production values. It has better graphics than Tales of Berseria and some other games with a mainstream fanbase, and higher quality art than the Atelier games. The graphics are so advanced by Gust standards, even the beta version loading time for battles may need some optimizing since they want to load the high quality models before the gameplay transitions into battle phase, unlike something like Chrono Cross that loads the battle zone before the character models.)

Also whether people like or dislike Atelier games, Blue Reflection is its own style and theme. Even the battle system is very innovative in several aspects.
    Plus while Atelier games take place in a more alchemy, swords and sorcery themed world , Blue Reflection has a more modern/contemporary reality that is closer to our own world.

Also the whole structure of Blue Reflection is different, some even relate it's format is a little like the Persona games, from a school life sim standpoint, but Blue Reflection is the only one thats centers on magical girl theme. It's practically the first magical girl lifestyle game of its kind.

I would say Blue Reflection has more in common with Valis than Atelier, in a more magical girl lifestyle RPG way instead of action game.

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 840

(guaranteed to have super complicated for no reason bad choices battle system not worth anybodys time, sorry dude who may have bought when I reported it on sale for that $6.00)

That was me :s

• SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195
    Iduno wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this game but fuck you, you kill people's hype faster than Zoolander kills peoples hype for 8bit indietrash.

Savage.

New sig.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,272
    This thread is painful. Lemme provide a proper painkiller.

"What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    lots of gameplay revealed, looks soooo wonderful!!

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/15-minutes-blue-reflection-gameplay

17:43 to 24:06 – School free-roaming, Other World free-roaming, and basic battle
    28:07 to 34:37 – Pure Breed boss battle
    the. most. adorable. character. EVER!!

(^-^) (^_^) (^.^)
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Affinity being the best troll of GD for the past six months is kind of disheartening. You guys really need to step it up, when was the last time Shin Akuma made a thread talking about how the Illuminati and Akuma are behind 9/11 and Satsui powered jet fuel?

Or how about Ki Shima doing another thread on how VR gaming is the future and the mere thought of it makes him ejaculate on trains, most likely because he lives in one.

Hell I'll take a half assed ParryAll clickbait thread that is poorly thought out and executed, or a classic Beguiled thread asking us if he should continue breathing oxygen or switch to Mustard Gas instead with a poll option.

But no, we got the barebones bitch SJW trope that claims to be female on a black male dominated site that once had a banner for two months regarding REAL NIGGA GAY SEX, trolling people into mild annoyance with constant threads promoting terrible, terrible games. I feel shame for you the SRK trolls, great shame.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mlxizlfs0l1soo6q9o1_r1_500.gif

Bronson shares his shame as well.

But hey who knows, maybe this kick in the rear end is just want you pathetic and likely autistic people need, to give us quality content to laugh at and make fun of for years to come. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow Beguiled will ask us if huffing paint in a garage is better with the car exhaust on or off. I believe it can happen.

tumblr_n1hd3rI6pQ1qedb29o1_500.gif

Bronson and Lil' Maxx think it's possible as well.

PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/212047/on-this-day-in-history-dec-8-1980#latest

Nevar Forget December 8th or the Bowling Green Massacre.

Also confusing a shill for a troll. This is why you will be alone for valentines day.

Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    angelpalm wrote: »
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/212047/on-this-day-in-history-dec-8-1980#latest

Nevar Forget December 8th or the Bowling Green Massacre.

Also confusing a shill for a troll. This is why you will be alone for valentines day.

If Affinity is actually like this as a person then something is mentally wrong with him/her, and should be checked into a home. No one can shill in such a bizarre way and not make it intentional on a consistent basis.

Also I am never alone on my birthday, but the way you been going after dudes in GD it seems you are desperate for some companionship boo. Good thing I have ways to circumvent banners or I might be seeing giant black dongs on SRK again.

What a horrible time period that was.

Also join my D&D game and kill NPC white people for funsies.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    I'm always desperate for companionship, my libido knows no limits.

6ad17a33.gif

How are you playing dnd?
    Mains:

How are you playing dnd?

Discord with some of our usual gang. Think Rock posted about it in Lounge a few weeks back.
    edited February 13
    Um, how are you handling all the other stuff? Does discord let you have character sheets and do dice rolls and all that?

Lost all my characters just about on myth-weavers last week, it was a huge crash.

Also you guys play dnd or pathfinder?
    Mains:
    Um, how are you handling all the other stuff? Does discord let you have character sheets and do dice rolls and all that?

Lost all my characters just about on myth-weavers last week, it was a huge crash.

Also you guys play dnd or pathfinder?

Pathfinder, didn't hear about the Myth-Weavers crash so I'll need to double check with everyone. Think this Discord has in built tools but if not Roll20 is probably still a thing.

Yeah looks like my sheets are gone as well, Gromm the Blackhand I am lucky to have you on paper.
    They never updated the chat options in roll20? Kind of a pain to use two programs just to talk and play lol.

I am on the fence right now with starting my coliseum game again. Pm me the details for the campaign meign this isn't really the place for this even if this cellphone game is terrible :lol:
    Mains:
    They never updated the chat options in roll20? Kind of a pain to use two programs just to talk and play lol.

I am on the fence right now with starting my coliseum game again. Pm me the details for the campaign meign this isn't really the place for this even if this cellphone game is terrible :lol:

You don't understand this is MY thread now, Affinity has about 12 others shim can kick rocks in.

When I wake up I'll hit you up with where we are currently and see if you are interested. Would be fun to have you around again sir.
    Yeah no problem. If man x is playing I am raping his character.
    Mains:
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,304
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Affinity being the best troll of GD for the past six months is kind of disheartening. You guys really need to step it up, when was the last time Shin Akuma made a thread talking about how the Illuminati and Akuma are behind 9/11 and Satsui powered jet fuel?

Or how about Ki Shima doing another thread on how VR gaming is the future and the mere thought of it makes him ejaculate on trains, most likely because he lives in one.

Hell I'll take a half assed ParryAll clickbait thread that is poorly thought out and executed, or a classic Beguiled thread asking us if he should continue breathing oxygen or switch to Mustard Gas instead with a poll option.

But no, we got the barebones bitch SJW trope that claims to be female on a black male dominated site that once had a banner for two months regarding REAL NIGGA GAY SEX, trolling people into mild annoyance with constant threads promoting terrible, terrible games. I feel shame for you the SRK trolls, great shame.

But hey who knows, maybe this kick in the rear end is just want you pathetic and likely autistic people need, to give us quality content to laugh at and make fun of for years to come. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow Beguiled will ask us if huffing paint in a garage is better with the car exhaust on or off. I believe it can happen.

Hold on a sec, the game looks good, its just Affinity that's shit.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    AYO?! wrote: »

Hold on a sec, the game looks good, its just Affinity that's shit.

Should probably edit the quote by doing a snip, I doubt anyone wants to see my awesome long posts twice on the same page.

If you personally feel loli sim fighter RPG things are good, that's your business and I don't care that much. I just want some good, quality troll/retard posts again. It isn't to much to ask for.

Lets be real though, we haven't had a good troll since G3nshiro got banned and that was 8 years ago.

Beguiled tried but he had a grand total of 1 gimmick and it was shit.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,705
    @affinity Don't listen to these haters. Keep posting info about these dope ass games for us.

3o6Zt3OeIVzBUUdbsQ.gif

Hwaiting!
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Lets be real though, we haven't had a good troll since G3nshiro got banned and that was 8 years ago.

Beguiled tried but he had a grand total of 1 gimmick and it was shit.

Knowing that Beguiled might legitimately kill himself by accident one of these days has kept the gimmick strong I feel. Maybe that is why he is missing currently, trapped under a pile of tires trying to reach for a bag of skittles for two weeks.

@Tekno Virus I heard Affinity hates real Asian women, and only perceives the 2D plane in terms of sexuality. For it is true beauty in inkform and they can't say no or something to him/her/it.
    Pretty sure affinity is one of those healthy white girls with the potato faces that like to cosplay as kawaii anime characters. Also anyone thinking this literal japanese school girl simulator is exciting really needs to take a look at their life.
    Mains:
    At least Matriarch the OG women's right person of GD posted a picture of herself working for Hooters tossing wings to fat white dudes. Affinity needs to hit up that GD Show yourself thread in her best $20 Do-It-Yourself Final Fantasy cosplay.

You know, for practical purposes and personal validity or what not. Also Affinity you would be able to afford all these dumbass games with how much thirst is tossed at you.

Win/Win.
    It's Gust with the guy who did the art for the Arland trilogy of Atelier games, better believe I'm down for that, ain't even something to be worth mentioning in the same breath as the shit Compileheart/Imagine Factory constantly shovel out.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200