Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 780
    finch85 wrote: »
    By apologizing for creating such an abomination, I wanna show you the Finchenstein creature side by side with his pure-blood brother, which I bought in 1998 (what a glorious day...I bought it with a PSX and a copy of Tekken 2 <3 ) ank kept safe and clean until now (and of course...I will never touch it!)

You're forgiven. Kinda. Sorta.

I'll let you live for now.

Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• NeccrosNeccros Joined: Posts: 105
    steveysee wrote: »
    So, first time building a stick..my requirements are as small footprint as possible as I want it to be super portable..will post up more once I found a decent hardwood top panel. I plan to put some nice wooden kanji on side so will update once I get on it. Board is Brook ps3/4 breakout from focus attack which slots nicely in the gap below buttons on its side. I plan bigger sticks for regular use but this one will be my travel stick for laptop mame etc :)

It looks small (and it is) but its still very comfortable for my work pc desk and my rucksack.

You should switch to a 30mm ball top instead of the 35mm to make it a little more portable... LOL
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 110

seimitsu keikou pink ps-14-gn's + black ps-14-dn's (functions)
    fanta airbag
    my pubes

How easy is it to swap to a JLF/Hayabusa?

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,813
    Scotch wrote: »

fanta airbag
    my pubes

Very.

Disconnect the wire harness.
    Unscrew the ball top
    unbolt the joystick from the panel

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647

fanta airbag
    my pubes

you will need the Sanwa ver. plexi cover or else the hole will be too big and the sanwa/hayabusa dustcover will fall in the edges get caught during play.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    edited March 10
    @hibachifinal I hope that you install the Golden Fanta into that. The color scheme will be way off but remain one of the best sticks I have ever seen.

@tanabe What buttons are those? I don't think I have ever seen those before. Are they 30mm?

fanta airbag
    my pubes

you will need the Sanwa ver. plexi cover or else the hole will be too big and the sanwa/hayabusa dustcover will fall in the edges get caught during play.

Forgot that he was referring to the Omni stick.
    Yeah you want to swap plexy too, which is just 2 more steps.
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 19
    C4_ZBv_UoAAkc-v.png
    Currently using a PS3-PS4 superconverter to make it work on ps4. I might do a padhack for it soon since FC4's are very common in the Philippines. It was my first time modding this stick and it was fun lol.
  • tanabetanabe Stay Cool Joined: Posts: 947
    @tanabe What buttons are those? I don't think I have ever seen those before. Are they 30mm?

They are iL buttons, 28mm.
    PSN: hairypeckpeck
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,246
    edited March 12
    Seimitsulicious! Nicely played, sir!

Thinking of offloading some sticks and parts soon too. The closet is getting cluttertastic, and I'm now getting "how many of these fucking things do you really need for just a PC and a Dreamcast?"
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    Damn, I kinda miss my Hello Kitty stick.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    edited March 15
    @jeeble did you have this case specially made? Looks sweet and I dig the simplicity of it. Good stuff sir.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • jeeblejeeble Joined: Posts: 8
    slaycruz wrote: »
    @jeeble did you have this case specially made? Looks sweet and I dig the simplicity of it. Good stuff sir.

Thanks! Yes, I created a model and had a friend with a cutting machine make this for me. It's sparked some attention at my local, and I hate having to tell people they're not retail :(
    jeeble wrote: »

Thanks! Yes, I created a model and had a friend with a cutting machine make this for me. It's sparked some attention at my local, and I hate having to tell people they're not retail :(

How much would something like this run?

Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....

With machined aluminum, a smaller, blockier case will run you around $400. My case shown in the pictures-with the number of curves, cuts and it's size falls in the thousands. Not only is aluminum heavy and built to last, but these cutting machines never fail (compared to 3D Printing). A video game controller is probably the last thing expected to be built out of this material.

For materials? @jeeble just said that this isn't retail.
    edited March 15
    @jeeble actually there were some smaller machined cases by nhtran years back that were pretty cool

@jopamo I know I was asking in case I wanted to go this route for a case in the future
    edited March 15
    @coredump is that glue I see along the side edges of the bottom plexi panel?
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,584
    edited March 16

With machined aluminum, a smaller, blockier case will run you around $400. My case shown in the pictures-with the number of curves, cuts and it's size falls in the thousands. Not only is aluminum heavy and built to last, but these cutting machines never fail (compared to 3D Printing). A video game controller is probably the last thing expected to be built out of this material.

thats what you payed for it?...

btw, what is the weight of the stick?

No, a friend of mine has a aluminum machine of his own. That's how much a service would cost to manufacture, at least for a quantity of one.
    After parts install, it weights close to ten pounds. Thank God I added those handles.
    edited March 16

No, a friend of mine has [an] aluminum machine of his own. That's how much a service would cost to manufacture, at least for a quantity of one.
    After parts install, it weights close to ten pounds. Thank God I added those handles.

Question is is your pal doing this at cost of materials or just a steep discount.
    Also your friend with the machine should be able to give you at least a rough estimate.
    We also need to factor in what alloy of aluminum is used. Different alloys fetch difference pricing.
    The good stuff, aircraft aluminum isn't cheap. The Cheap stuff isn't worth your time trying to mill.

Question is is your pal doing this at cost of materials or just a steep discount.
    Also your friend with the machine should be able to give you at least a rough estimate.
    We also need to factor in what alloy of aluminum is used. Different alloys fetch difference pricing.
    The good stuff, aircraft aluminum isn't cheap. The Cheap stuff isn't worth your time trying to mill.

He's told me that most of the cost would be influenced by the job itself (quantity, how complex of a model it is), but I myself don't know how much materials are influenced, and I can't give a guess either, cause I don't know what kind of aluminum he's using here. He says most of the cost comes from the fact he only produced one. Services would normally have several machines workkng in unison on the same model, which is where his estimated price comes from.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

He's told me that most of the cost would be influenced by the job itself (quantity, how complex of a model it is), but I myself don't know how much materials are influenced, and I can't give a guess either, cause I don't know what kind of aluminum he's using here. He says most of the cost comes from the fact he only produced one. Services would normally have several machines workkng in unison on the same model, which is where his estimated price comes from.

I think the people want to know, "How much did you pay for a several thousand dollar stick?"
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 471

I think the people want to know, "How much did you pay for a several thousand dollar stick?"

Exactly, how some numbers dude! Or did you get this completely free? It's not like you are giving away his name and address.
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    edited March 17
    JRDIBBS wrote: »

Exactly, how some numbers dude! Or did you get this completely free? It's not like you are giving away his name and address.
    Oh, yes, this job was done out of niceness, I was hoping that would be implied in the earlier messages. I don't think anyone in their right mind would go for a project of that price.
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    It's not really over yet since I still have some finishing job to do.

From FocusAttack, JLF Stick, seimitsu buttons and brook pre-installed PS3/4/PC PCB (for the next one I'll try to do the soldering myself but this is my first stick so I tried to keep it simple)

I jsut saw that on Twitter and was amazed at how gorgeous that case is.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.