Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    when you have multiple plays with different choices...that you ended up not even needing...it kinda does,
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    Only the last 5 minutes. Everything up to then was fine.

Except in the case of ME, that fucks over all choices made in ALL 3 games.
    Not all of them, but some of them. Still didn't ruin the game, except those last 5 minutes.

Nah that fucked it for me it made every choice I made throughout 3 games feel pointless.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,885
    edited March 19
    I had multiple play throughs, did multiple different things, still didn't ruin the experience for me. Some of my choices still paid off in some way, things like killing or not killing Rex, the Genophage thing, yada yada.

That ending is complete dog shit tho.

As gameplay experiences they only got better with each one imo.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    I called ME going down the drain as soon as EA took rights to it.

So you called Mass Effect being a bad series all the way back in 2007 when the first game came out? EA has always been a publisher for the series. They picked it up in 2008 after Microsoft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_(video_game)

ME was already done before EA bought them, ME2 is the one where EA started flexing their muscle.

In what fashion?

They wanted it to be more casual which is why everything was gutted and it felt more like a shooter then an rpg. They also made the game easier to attract a bigger audience.

And they still made a good game anyway so what's the issue?

I mean I wasn't happy about stripping the RPG depth either but it was still a good game.

Oh I didn't hate ME2 it was good just a step down from the original, 3 can go die in a dumpster fire.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,926

So you called Mass Effect being a bad series all the way back in 2007 when the first game came out? EA has always been a publisher for the series. They picked it up in 2008 after Microsoft.

ME was already done before EA bought them, ME2 is the one where EA started flexing their muscle.

In what fashion?

They wanted it to be more casual which is why everything was gutted and it felt more like a shooter then an rpg. They also made the game easier to attract a bigger audience.

I mean I wasn't happy about stripping the RPG depth either but it was still a good game.

Oh I didn't hate ME2 it was good just a step down from the original, 3 can go die in a dumpster fire.

3 was a good game. The ending was just retarded.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

In what fashion?

3 was a good game. The ending was just retarded.

It was 2/3 of a good game, the last third just ruined it for me. Only ME I didn't do multiple playthroughs of, did play mp a lot though.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,007
    edited March 20
    Yea it's called good taste.
    To some connoisseurs nearly rotten food is a delicacy. So I will simply ask, "What are the platforms's best offerings?"
    ExposedD wrote: »
    @NeverYouMind
    pPg4YMT.jpg

That game...One of the most beautifully crafted stories in ANY medium EVER. And it's on the DS!

That's not The World Ends With You or Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure.

Those two games alone are worth the price of admission.

Planet Puzzle League, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Chrono Trigger DS, Pokemon Black/White(2), Contra 4, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Mario 64 DS(which is way better than a port should be), and way, way more titles than I could possibly think to list right now.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,781
    Me2 is the best of the series. Me3 gameplay is so good though, i loved multiplayer. Being a krogan battleguard is a highlight of my life
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,129
    Top notch dialogue right here

I know people have been mocking it for a while now but I still can't get over how awful the animations are when they're talking.

I mean the faces are already bad but that's just the icing on the cake. :wtf:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yea it's called good taste.
    To some connoisseurs nearly rotten food is a delicacy. So I will simply ask, "What are the platforms's best offerings?"
    ExposedD wrote: »
    @NeverYouMind
    pPg4YMT.jpg

That game...One of the most beautifully crafted stories in ANY medium EVER. And it's on the DS!

That's not The World Ends With You or Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure.

Those two games alone are worth the price of admission.

Planet Puzzle League, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Chrono Trigger DS, Pokemon Black/White(2), Contra 4, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Mario 64 DS(which is way better than a port should be), and way, way more titles than I could possibly think to list right now.
    Did Po just list re-releases as good things?

Who are you and what you done with Po?

I have less hate for portable remakes of console games in general for their portability...

Also, those two games are two of the few remakes that actually add something other than a fresh coat of paint...

Since they come with exclusive new areas, music, items, characters, and even multiplayer features where there wer none before.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    It was just a joke :rofl:
    edited March 20
    It was just a joke :rofl:

You were... but you know how some of these yahoos are. If you don't explain your every single reasoning, they swarm like a pack of hyenas.

No wait, that's insulting to the hyenas... Hyenas are highly intelligent, social animals that work together to achieve goals.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,781
    I honestly dont see the problem with remasters, a lot of them add things. Repeated remasters are annoying (looking at you capcom) but in general arent so bad
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,220
    Portable remasters are fire. Like I'm more tempted to buy FFX HD on the vita than I am on ps4.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

edited March 20
    I really wish Mass Effect would stop doing the "short summary" approach when it comes to picking a choice for dialogue options. Way too many times have I chosen an option, only for Shepard to say something more biting or callous than what the summary implied. Just show me exactly what I'm going to say.

Human Revolution got it right.

I absolutely agree with this. Playing through Fallout 4 currently (friend lent it to me, I'll try anything for free) and while I'm enjoying it a lot more then Fallout 3 (I have a lot of issues with it tho) one thing that is absolutely a step back from 3 is the dialogue tree. 3 listed out exactly what each option was going to say, while 4 is going the Mass Effect route of just telling you what the mood of the response is going to be, and even then it's sometimes off and I've gotten responses that weren't what I had intended. Kind of annoying and was done better in FO3 and games like Deus Ex.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    I hate the changes made to Mario 64 DS. They ruin the pacing of the game and it's less fun to play because of that.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,085
    I wanna play the new Mass Effect when it hits like $20.

Those glitches and animations are too funny.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    edited March 20

The dialogue here is actually pretty in line with Mass Effect humor, but th execution of the lines are bad. Also flirting with characters in the first 3 games was never this heavy handed and direct. At least I don't remember it being like that except for Jack maybe. Idk about the FemShep romances.

Speaking of Mass Effect romances this is fucking hilarious

Survived the skyllian blitz. Survived the Saren incident.

Killed by the power of boners
    I kinda like that Ryder seems to be a bit more forward with their love interest, least in that scene. Dancing around the subject all the time is fucking annoying and awkward.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,538
    edited March 20

The dialogue here is actually pretty in line with Mass Effect humor, but th execution of the lines are bad. Also flirting with characters in the first 3 games was never this heavy handed and direct. At least I don't remember it being like that except for Jack maybe. Idk about the FemShep romances.

The dialogue in Mass Effect isn't always great but it never felt like I was watching adults acting like a bunch of teenagers. Fem Ryder acting like she on Buffy.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,552
    I honestly dont see the problem with remasters, a lot of them add things. Repeated remasters are annoying (looking at you capcom) but in general arent so bad

Remasters adding things can be touchy depending on what they add or enhance. I didn't go over well for Modern Warfare Remastered. To be fair they did state it was to be a match of the original. 3 months in they added new things that while didn't break gameplay, did break what they originally thought.

I liked REmake more than the original RE. Still would wish for REmake2...but capcom will eff it up
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,538
    edited March 20
    Infernoman wrote: »
    I liked REmake more than the original RE. Still would wish for REmake2...but capcom will eff it up

Revelations 2 and RE7 shows they still got it when it comes to RE.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,222
    I adore Mass Effect 3. But I didn't play it until all of its DLC was out, so I never got to see the vanilla ending. I got the Extended Cut and walked away very satisfied.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,389
    edited March 20
    What they need to avoid is remastering recent games. WTF are games like TLoU getting remastered? Save that shit for the older titles people actually remember and want to see realized in a better light. A lot more fighters need remasters while we're at it, or at least HD rereleases.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,911 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm fine with remasters if the games are 10 years old or more. Games get forgotten over time, so re-releasing them is a good way to reintroduce them to the newer generation as well as people who want to replay those games again but improved.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,092
    I believe that any games with a decent following at least 2 generations old should receive a port at the very worst, so people who haven't experienced them can play themselves. Some people, like myself, switch consoles between generations so it's a good way to help stragglers. Just don't charge full price for them unless they're legitimate remasters that add a lot of stuff.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,389
    I need a Bloody Roar HD Collection so we could get a Bloody Roar 5 :sad:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited March 20
    I just want a Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai dual HD remaster with a sequel on the horizon.

FUA USU RUTU
    Yea Mark of Kri was fuckin cool. Picked both of those up for my PS2 last year. Was impossible to play on my HDTV tho, was impossible to see anything. Gotta dig out the CRT.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,979 mod
    I'd have never played TLoU if not for the remaster.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,798
    edited March 20
    Mass Effect Andromeda reviews are tumbling out, currently sitting at a 75 on both Metacritic and Opencritic out of 27 and 41 (+ 5 unscored) reviews respectively.
    Around what I was expecting it to be given to be honest.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    King9999 wrote: »
    I'm fine with remasters if the games are 10 years old or more. Games get forgotten over time, so re-releasing them is a good way to reintroduce them to the newer generation as well as people who want to replay those games again but improved.

I would love to see Yakuza 2-5 get remasters similar to Yakuza 0 for PS4.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • twigstertwigster Joined: Posts: 585
    Do people here think the "remaster" of FF7 is going to radically change the story?

*cough*SOMEONE not dying*cough*
    twigster wrote: »
    Do people here think the "remaster" of FF7 is going to radically change the story?

*cough*SOMEONE not dying*cough*

Well since there were cheats to bring her back in your party, the fact that everyone was mad about it, and also the evidence that she had assets later in the game that were unused such as dialogue, I'd imagine so.
This discussion has been closed.