Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,050
    M1X wrote: »
    Having such a deep, long winded conversation about the sexuality of a fighting game character is 99% of my justification for avoiding the anime FGC until Xrd came out.
    You mean the last 6 replies in a thread that's 4 years long?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,568
    Having such a deep, long winded conversation about the sexuality of a fighting game character is 99% of my justification for avoiding the anime FGC until Xrd came out.

LMAO, like if the talk on the sf forums were any better :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    But his logic doesn't even make sense considering there are actually gay and lesbian characters in lots of fighting games. Asking if a character is gay based on the games lore has little to do with some perceived negative connotation about "anime fgc"

That was dumb as hell. Dude go back into hiding.

This is just small talk until Rev2 drops
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,277
    I wouldn't be surprised if the demo launches next week to be honest. Otherwise it will barely be before release.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    What are the improvements to training mode
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 426
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    Wow, some of y'all took me way too seriously. wtf
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
    It you were joking then you could have lightened the post with an emoji or "lol"

Cmon dude this is a message board I can't see your facial expressions.
    edited April 20
    Veserius wrote: »
    The big training mode difference I've seen is you can hotswap characters without going to character select.
    lbhAOsm.jpg

reversal recording would be so huge though and I hope it gets added.

yeah this is the feature I wish there was the most so I could practice frame traps vs throws and different types of guarding. Learning that shit in match can be inconsistent.
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 422
    I want reversal options just because I'm sick of getting back-dashed on, haha. I swear I am the only person who blocks attacks. Everyone else just mashes back dash or a DP on-wake up if they have it. Majority of players just lock me into doing safe-jump tactics on every down, which sucks because that means I can't get cards. Need to be able to punish that shit grounded consistently. Too many bad slayers giving me trouble. Who is like 50% of the PC player base for some reason, sol/ky be damned.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 20
    Soooo I guess it's not just a coincidence that The Answer has a suit and has card/scroll throwing attacks with edgy hand motions like Oswald?

The green scroll things used for movement is straight outta Bang also. I like this guy a little more than Bang at least. His design was too generic for me.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Oswald is cooler IMO.

I'm slightly bothered by answer and Baiken having very similar hair.

I feel like it cheapens his design as a new character. Ninja in a business suit was cool, the extra hair is like..super kawaii I hate it.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,471
    Skiegh wrote: »
    I want reversal options just because I'm sick of getting back-dashed on, haha. I swear I am the only person who blocks attacks. Everyone else just mashes back dash or a DP on-wake up if they have it. Majority of players just lock me into doing safe-jump tactics on every down, which sucks because that means I can't get cards. Need to be able to punish that shit grounded consistently. Too many bad slayers giving me trouble. Who is like 50% of the PC player base for some reason, sol/ky be damned.

i mean, maybe you should use backdash yourself? Also you can't really mash backdash.

blocking is mostly bad if you can avoid it.

anyways i just record the dummy doing the offensive sequence and do the reversals myself atm, it just takes some extra time. osing most backdashes isn't that bad.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide

Use anti-backdash tactics?
    Actual meaties cannot be backdashed.
    YRC in neutral to fuck your opponents inputs up.
    Long range attacks with a lot of active frames? e.g. Ky's 6H. IDK about his new one, but for now this one works. IDK who you use, but everyone has at least one. Venom's is fS or S Stinger Aim. He also has DHM depening on how much you want to commit.

But yeah... umm... stop blocking. You don't want that life. You want to avoid as much as you can and be as mobile as you can. The moment you decide to block when other options exist, is the moment you put yourself in a bad spot. This ain't Street Fighter.
    Stop blocking sounds like the worst advice for a new player. I don't want to end up like the lot I often play against that can't block a simple high-low. Learning opposing characters Gatlings by blocking, tinkering with FD and JG pushback changes and stun differences have yielded great results for me. Against a character like Millia, I could see taking as many gambles as possible to avoid her oki, but I usually value consistency over risks with mixed results. Until I don't need to learn more about a character, I will continue to follow my 3S mindset, which is to always block, parry/reject/backdash reactable meaties. My defense, thankfully, is not my main issue, it's maintaining my offense.

Does a true meaty stop backdash? I was under the impression they were invincible frame 1. Does the game have a mandatory neutral frame? If it did that would make reversal DP not real as well. I've been using 2H and 5H as meaties more, as I've seen a lot of high level Jams start with those. Works alright against characters with weaker invincible back dash timing, but aren't active or ranged enough to really stop the longer ones. I want to 5K meaty into another move if the 5K whiffs, but some back dashes are so fast they recover before my next move even starts. Where's my whiff cancelable normals -- I need some KoF properties, heh.

I do use YRC, but Jam is already such a meter hog, I'd like to gather as many meterless options as well. Honestly if a true meaty stops backdash then the problem is already solved. I was under the assumption that did not work. Is this true against throws too? Sounds like the same concept to me, as this implies there is a guaranteed neutral frame.

Couple other questions:

Does GG have trip guard? Seems a rare situation in GG but would be useful to know.

What's the actual slow down speed for characters dealing with an opponents YRC? I ask because I've been throwing and been thrown by YRC jump air throw and I both don't get what my opponent could do to stop it or myself once the YRC goes off. (I certainly understand why old GG players hate the slow down on RCs, it is kind of silly sometimes. Was a beautiful decision to both make the mechanic fresh while also making it easier to use though)
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,364
    edited April 20
    The best way I've found to record reversals is to first record the dummy just standing there doing nothing for a while, then playback the recording and perform your combo (set the playback button to a button that is easy for you to press simultaneously as your combo starter, ie, 2K + playback). Once your combo is finished, take note of the time in the playback when the dummy is getting up. Then, do a new recording and perform a reversal at the time you noted previously. It will take a few tries most likely, but you know you got it when you get the "reversal" message. You can also do this with things like backdash, fuzzy jump, etc.

Regarding blocking, I think it's a good thing that you are content with blocking on wakeup. However, in a game like GG, only blocking isn't enough, you need to mix in the occasional fuzzy jump, mash (Jam has a 3f 5P and 4f 2P, which is godlike for mashing), backdash, etc. Also, lets use a character like Leo as an example (we assume you just got knocked down by him and are preparing for his oki). Let's say you are content to and capable of blocking all of his oncoming mix ups. That is fine and dandy, the problem is you will be blocking for days with a fully jacked guard bar, meaning that something hard to react to like a walk up throw can now mean death. In GG it is mandatory that you learn when to do something like IB>backdash or IB>fuzzy jump or FD>Mash 2P, etc
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,471
    edited April 21

this isn't true. you just can't mash the backdash and have to aim for reversal timing.

a lot of active frames helps, but some backdashes have a ton of invul(Pot, pre rev2 sin) and will avoid even very active meaties.

also yrc frames including slowdown are on dustloop wiki.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Marvel and anime games = you wanna know how to block but the only big reward you get for blocking a long time is you're going to get hit eventually. Block a few things and use a tool or meter to GTFO. Ideally have your movement down so you can avoid shit to begin with.

This is what I was trying to get at.
    Block where you have to, but avoiding things is better.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,781
    Guilty%20Gear%20Xrd%20REV2%20limited%20edition-642x364.jpg

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-limited-edition-ps4

Limited Edition for Europe.

I want that sexy shirt.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
    Veserius wrote: »

this isn't true. you just can't mash the backdash and have to aim for reversal timing.

a lot of active frames helps, but some backdashes have a ton of invul(Pot, pre rev2 sin) and will avoid even very active meaties.

also yrc frames including slowdown are on dustloop wiki.

hmm.

That's new to me. Suppose I blame that on Venom? Because a lot of his oki catches wakeup backdash (except against Potemkin), but always thought that was due to me mis-timing things.
    That said, there are meaty setups with him that will not allow Sol's VV, Ky's VT, or Leo's flash kick to come out. Ryan Hunter's been going over the details in the Venom discord, all secret tech like.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I mean lots of people have oki that catches backdash
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    edited April 23
    Most characters can just put a projectile on you on Oki and you have to sit their and hold it unless you have a really good reversal and even then most likely have to hold it. Some characters have good enough backdashes to get out of some projectile Oki but that always comes with some risk and almost never works in the corner.

Jam is probably the only character in the game that has no projectile Oki for 25% meter or less. Even then 6K beats most backdashes (god I wish this had throw invulnerability). It's the reason she has a hard time vs Slayer since she can't lock him down on Oki at all.

Edit: guess sin needs 50% but 3K clashes with dp's so not nearly as shit a situation as jam.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,785
    Most characters can just put a projectile on you on Oki and you have to sit their and hold it unless you have a really good reversal and even then most likely have to hold it.

Jam is probably the only character in the game that has no projectile Oki for 25% meter or less. Even then 6K beats most backdashes (god I wish this had throw invulnerability). It's the reason she has a hard time vs Slayer since she can't lock him down on Oki at all.

Edit: guess sin needs 50% but 3K clashes with dp's so not nearly as shit a situation as jam.

Slayer? Chipp as well, as Shuriken oki isn't really a thing in Xrd.
    edited April 23
    Muttonman wrote: »
    Most characters can just put a projectile on you on Oki and you have to sit their and hold it unless you have a really good reversal and even then most likely have to hold it.

Slayer? Chipp as well, as Shuriken oki isn't really a thing in Xrd.

He has gamma blade and gamma blade yrc, Slayer has persistence on his little hop thing. Gamma blade looks pretty nutty with its buffs in rev2 samitto is placing much better in the early rev2 tourneys and spams the shit out of it because it gains persistence much earlier then it used too.

Potemkin has his flames, etc.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a lot of characters have to spend meter to really lock Slayer down. His bdc fuzzy jump is really tough to deal with (at least for May). I know I-No could handle it well provided she did yrc note
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My brother said he's seen it before. Looks pretty funny.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,747
    "Alternatively, he may listen to a lot of Scandinavian heavy metal"
    I lost it there
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
    The Millia one is by far the best
    edited April 24
    This game is too polished man. I only just now noticed that characters' block animations and expressions change when they are blocking too long (maybe it's a RISC thing). Only really noticed because I was practicing stuff against Slayer and noticed that Slayer looked like he was blocking with a lot more seriousness than he usually does. So many little things to enjoy.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,785
    I don't mimic Raven's super, but I do like to shout CA-CAW MOTHERFUCKER.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,261
    will scum dipper your ass
    long haired ky is hot
    "you can block greed sever guys just get good"

Yeah I'm a Ky player alright.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,967
    edited April 24
    Let me fix that for ya.
    Marvel and ASW= you wanna know how to block but the only big reward you get for blocking a long time is you're going to get hit eventually. Block a few things and use a tool or meter to GTFO. Ideally have your movement down so you can avoid shit to begin with.

Frenchbread fighters:" My opponent have me corner and mounting and oppressive offense...Do I block?, Exblock, Gaurd cancel? Dodge? or regular ol reversal?....Burst? Yeah lets Burst"

Examu Fighters:" Why am I not respecting your mix up? You do realise in this game blocking player have mix up options too. "

Fill in cafe/Mages fighter: " In my records block string was that thing back in like the 90's, but once burst attack was discovered. they became extinct"

SNK:" We invented guard cancels."
    . My defense, thankfully, is not my main issue, it's maintaining my offense.
    knowing when not to press offense is'nt bad either. some time doing nothing is great option because it minimise risk and put the burden of the opponent to take initiative. This is really strong when you have the life lead. Better if you can attempt to bait by doing empty jumps or FD dash breaks.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,806
    It's been how long and there still isn't an official changelog out?
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,732

Why should there be an official changelog when the game is launching a month from now and there can still be changes made to the game before that?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Why should there be an official changelog when the game is launching a month from now and there can still be changes made to the game before that?

Doubt there will be any major balance changes. Probably only gltich fixes. Best case scenario some minor tweaking after Evo, but I wouldn't expect balance adjustments until the second round of dlc characters tbh.
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 164
    Fuck... Chipp's been my favourite since the first GG in ps1. Even though my weeabo stage was quite casual.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,906
    That's awesome.

[SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,747
    edited April 28
    Rev2 and T7 in two days... beginning of June's gonna be packed.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
    edited April 28
    I'm just excited to have new things to play with as Venom. The new functions are going to be difficult.

Does anyone know if this is going to be a standalone or an upgrade?
    Or more specifically - The W$ and shit that I unlocked in Rev... Will I have to do it again?
    OR will it be like when we got Rev, everything was unlocked already except gallery shit (I'm talking about the colors that I bought, voices, things like this)
  • PsaroPsaro Joined: Posts: 65
    I'm just excited to have new things to play with as Venom. The new functions are going to be difficult.

Or more specifically - The W$ and shit that I unlocked in Rev... Will I have to do it again?
    OR will it be like when we got Rev, everything was unlocked already except gallery shit (I'm talking about the colors that I bought, voices, things like this)

There will be a physical standalone version of the game with Rev+Rev2 for PS4 for people who don't already own the game. Anyone who does own Rev already will be able to just get the digital update, so I'm pretty sure that all your Rev unlocks will still be there.
    Psaro wrote: »

There will be a physical standalone version of the game with Rev+Rev2 for PS4 for people who don't already own the game. Anyone who does own Rev already will be able to just get the digital update, so I'm pretty sure that all your Rev unlocks will still be there.

Yeah, that I knew. I was just wondering if it was only a standalone like Revelator or if it was smething more like what SF4 did, how they had physical copies of AE and Ultra, but you could also just buy the expansion pack.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,419
    edited May 1
    GG Rev2 PC June 1st

Edit: missed ves his post. Lttp
    Post edited by LockM on
    SFV: Juri
    GGREV2: Baiken
    T7:
    Nina
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy