Video Game General 4.0: You wanna enjoy your console? There's an app for that.

Comments

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    edited April 21
    I never played Lords of the Fallen nor did I have much interest to, but The Surge looks fucking awesome, I have too many games in my backlog to add another especially at full price, but man will it be hard to resist buying it day 1. I feel like I'm the only one hype for it, only thing I see so far I don't like is the chromatic aberration on hit animations

Is that a Vanquish style slide cancel I see?

y8BmAw.gif
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,256
    The character movement looks good, but I'm not a fan of the enemies barely reacting to getting hit by these big hunks of metal.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,041
    FUCK KONAMI.

Now we wait for some jackass to defend this shit like they do those GODDAMN CATS...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    edited April 21
    Darksakul wrote: »
    All run at 60 FPS, except for Forza, the PS4 versions are used.

Try again. Forza on Xbone runs at 60FPS.
    When you are doing awful, you need all the help you can get. Sony and Nintendo don't need to include Digital sales to pad their numbers.

You can be a good poster if you try. Less talking out your ass and more fact checking is probably a good place to start.

30 Million units sold in 3 years, with a monthly active user base of almost 50 Million people doesn't really match Sony's numbers at the moment, but in no way is it considered a "failure" of a platform. I mean shit, it was the top selling console for the latter half of 2016. :rofl:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,939
    edited April 21
    Stop it... D3 sucks. Annual reminder.

edited April 21
    Bonus points for using a Naruto-related image. Y'all could learn a lot about trolling from AP.

Konami can go fuck themselves, and if you defend that shit, you too. How's your PT and Lords of Shit these days?

..Oh yeah, that's right...

Get mad, and click your buttons like you've accomplished something, scrubs.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    The gradius bomber fits.
    Not digging the other two
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Po please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all the available content in Super Smash Bros

*crickets*

Tumblr (NSFW)
    edited April 21
    Po please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all the available content in Super Smash Bros

*crickets*

You don't?

There's a full game with 50+ characters and 40+ stages out the box. You don't have to buy shit, unless you really love Bayonetta, Ryu, or fuccboi Cloud.

Oh, and you don't have to pay for shitty ass P2P online just to deal with laggy idiots on Wi-Fi... The lag is free.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,875
    edited April 21
    All run at 60 FPS, except for Forza, the PS4 versions are used.

Try again. Forza on Xbone runs at 60FPS.
    When you are doing awful, you need all the help you can get. Sony and Nintendo don't need to include Digital sales to pad their numbers.

You can be a good poster if you try. Less talking out your ass and more fact checking is probably a good place to start.

30 Million units sold in 3 years, with a monthly active user base of almost 50 Million people doesn't really match Sony's numbers at the moment, but in no way is it considered a "failure" of a platform. I mean shit, it was the top selling console for the latter half of 2016. :rofl:

You really need to learn how to read. I said Forza runs 60 FPS, I was saying it was the only Xbox One game on the list.
    except for Forza the PS4 versions are used.

As for your other statement, I was talking about game sales, not consoles.
    Xbox One simply lacks game contents, they always do these "clever tricks" to make their sales look better than they actually are.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    po pimpus wrote: »

*crickets*

You don't?

There's a full game with 50+ characters and 40+ stages out the box. You have to buy shit, unless you really love Bayonetta, Ryu, or fuccboi Cloud.

You seem to have misunderstood my question, so I'll just ask it again. With clever bold font this time!

Po, please explain to me why I'd have to spend a minimum of $70 to get all of the available content for Super Smash Bros.

You know damn well I wasn't just talking about the base game. I just wanna see you defend this crap but shit on the next game that has any kind of "season pass". It's this kind of irony that I live for.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    It's this kind of bull shit that I live for.
    Fixed it for you.

You know Po's stance on the topic, and no one going to make him think otherwise.
    Why are you even trying to get po to Rant.
    Because he ain't got shit else to do but come down from his weed-induced "epiphany"... Thinking he's got me cornered in some logical hypocrisy, when I've explained dozens of times my stance on "good DLC" versus "bad DLC".
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,098
    edited April 21
    So the wii costumes were good dlc and the cats are bad?
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,426
    Cats were free, btw.....
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Because now Po is gonna go silent for the next two pages, and it's hilarious every time. Bet on it. :rofl:

I'm not even sure he realizes it himself, sometimes. Just Smash Bros alone does SO MANY of the practices he claims to hate, yet this is the first guy to defend Nintendo on the dot.

Spoiler alert: all those Mii costumes? The ones that let you dress up as all kinds of different characters like Samus and Mega Man? SAME FUCKING THING AS CAT COSTUMES.

Do you know what the difference is though? IN SMASH YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR THESE FUCKING COSTUMES.

MONSTER HUNTER HANDS THEM OUT AS FREE DLC.

WTF. HELP ME UNDERSTAND, PO.

I want to agree with this, and it isn't our other disagreements that get in the way.
    I feel you may as well argue with a wall when were referring to Po.
    edited April 21
    Does free DLC fanservice costumes fall under bad DLC?

Yes they fucking do, when they come from dead franchises that the companies intend to never touch again, and have spent recent years trolling and belittling the fans of those franchises with bad games and shitty cameos/teases.

As a Metroid fan, Martian should know better... The goddamn Mii costumes aren't required for shit. You buy them because you want them.

HEY DUMBASS, SAMUS AND MEGA MAN ARE PLAYABLE, FOR FUCKING FREE, AND ARE FAITHFUL RECREATIONS OF THEIR GAME SELVES

There's TWO versions of Samus, for fucks sake...
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,159
    edited April 21
    Because the outfit isn't on the main character, and is instead on worthless side characters (his thoughts probably, not mine); ergo it's insulting. Even though if he actually played Monster Hunter he'd probably think differently on the matter...

Only Po could think that free fanservice DLC is bad DLC.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    Because the outfit isn't on the main character, and is instead on worthless side characters (his thoughts probably, not mine); ergo it's insulting. Even though if he actually played Monster Hunter he'd probably think differently on the matter...

It's insulting because Capcpom continually shits on MM, then trots out some bullshit ass costume or some other crap to lure in MM fans, when they have no intention of doing anything right with the actual franchise.

How would you like it if Federation Force was the future of Metroid from here on out?

It's only fanservice when you service your fans, not troll and insult them... But I'm wasting my time, since we got fuckheads that can't see anything wrong with DmC either...
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,159
    How would you like it if Federation Force was the future of Metroid from here on out?

I'm not the one to ask, I don't care about Metroid and thought Federation Force looked fine :razz:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,559

It's insulting because Capcpom continually shits on MM, then trots out some bullshit ass costume or some other crap to lure in MM fans, when they have no intention of doing anything right with the actual franchise.

It's only fanservice when you service your fans, not troll and insult them... But I'm wasting my time, since we got fuckheads that can't see anything wrong with DmC either...

Why aren't you more upset about Mega Man in Smash? Guest characters in games is a form of fanservice.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Femto wrote: »
    I feel like Po would've disintegrated by now if he was Sega fan.

I used to play Virtua Fighter.

And no, Sonichuman... Free DLC does not automatically= bad. It's bad in this case because of the way Konami pisses over it's legacy, the same way Capcpom loves fucking with Mega Man fans.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ExposedD wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the party regarding the collectors edition. Gamestop screwed me over. I had placed a, what they call, a "click & collect" and i paid them 5€ doing so.
    I thought forsure i would be guaranteed to get the take your heart edition but they called me near release saying it's all gone and stuff like that. I have yet to ask them back for the 5€ and last time i heard my "reservation" still stands if by some miracle they would get another one in.

Now i managed to pick one up from some other place. The steelbook i got from the same place but on the releaseday.

ZFwvQHx.jpg

Long story short : Gamestop is utter shyte & it's a good time 2 be alive & play JRPGs

This is literally the only good post on this thread and I hate persona 5: pancake edition
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    CoD heading back to it's roots. Call of Duty: WWII has been officially revealed. There will be a stream on Wednesday showing the game
    https://www.callofduty.com/wwii/splash

I heard about this a week ago, good to know someone in Activision is not stupid.
    All the CoD player base want is "Boots on the Ground" infantry combat. Not outer space, jet fighters, or any sci fi tropes.
    Maybe a Zombie mode as that proves to be popular for them.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,559
    CoD heading back to it's roots. Call of Duty: WWII has been officially revealed. There will be a stream on Wednesday showing the game
    https://www.callofduty.com/wwii/splash

I heard about this a week ago, good to know someone in Activision is not stupid.
    All the CoD player base want is "Boots on the Ground" infantry combat. Not outer space, jet fighters, or any sci fi tropes.
    Maybe a Zombie mode as that proves to be popular for them.

CoD went sci-fi as the modern military settings was getting stale.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,472
    in case anyones interested... ps3 vs ps4 versions of P5 graphics comparison

angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
This discussion has been closed.