The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,913
    Never heard of any of those games
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,636
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,923
    https://www.playgwent.com/en/news#5150
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/gwent-witcher-card-game-ps4-technical-beta-begins-march-31
    CD Projekt Red will host the first technical beta for the PlayStation 4 version of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game from:
    Friday, March 31 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET / 19:00 CEST to Monday, April 3 at midnight PT / 3:00 a.m. ET / 9:00 CEST, the developer announced.
    The beta will be available for download from the PlayStation Store in North America, South America, and Europe.

During the beta period, players will be able to create their own decks, check out the tutorial, and participate in online casual matches.

FAQ
    Q: How can I access Gwent: The Witcher Card Game PlayStation 4 Technical Beta?
    A: The only thing you need to do is enter PlayStation Store and download Gwent: The Witcher Card Game Technical Beta.

Q: When will the Technical Beta be live?
    A: The Technical Beta will be launched on March 31st, 19:00 CEST and end on April 3rd at 9:00 CEST.

Q: What regions are participating in the Technical Beta?
    A: The Technical Beta is available in Europe, North America and South America.

Q: What game features and functionalities will be available in the Technical Beta build?
    A: The Technical Beta build will allow players to create their own decks, play the tutorial and online casual matches.

Q: What’s the purpose of the PlayStation Technical Beta?
    A: The Technical Beta’s purpose is to test how the game works on PlayStation 4 with many users playing simultaneously. Technical glitches are possible, but the game is already fun!

Q: Is there any chance you’ll extend Technical Beta tests?
    A: We’re not planning to extend the Technical Beta.

Q: Is PlayStation Plus required to participate?
    A: A PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to participate in the Technical Beta.

Q: Can gamers purchase in-game items like Card Kegs during the Technical Beta?
    A: Real currency purchases are not available in the Technical Beta.

Q: Are you planning to wipe progress made while playing the Technical Beta?
    A: After Technical Beta is concluded, Gwent Technical Beta accounts will be deleted.

Q: What language versions are available in the Technical Beta?
    A: The Technical Beta is available in: English, German, Russian, French, Brazilian-Portuguese, Spanish, Latin American-Spanish, Italian and Polish.

Q: Can I share in-game screenshots and video footage?
    A: We’d be very happy if you did! However, please remember that this is still an early version of the game, so some bugs and glitches might occur. We’d be very grateful if you mentioned that what you’re posting is Technical Beta footage.

Q: How much HDD space will I need to install the Technical Beta build of Gwent?
    A: You’ll need about 3GB of free space to install the Technical Beta build of Gwent.

Q: Do I need internet connection to participate in the Technical Beta?
    A: Internet connection is required to play.

Q: Can I get Trophies for playing the Technical Beta?
    A: While Trophies will be available in the final game, you will not receive any for playing the Technical Beta build.

Q: How can I report a bug or contact tech support?
    A: In order to report a bug or any issue with the game, please reach out to our technical support here: ps4gwent@cdprojektred.com.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,984

It is getting one
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,757
    HELL YEAH!!
    Where is the Affinity thread for this game that it actually deserves it?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,076
    She already made one.

Thats cool about Gwent an all but where the fuck is Cyberpunk maaaan?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/ys-origin-limited-run-physical-edition-announced
    Limited Run Games is partnering with DotEmu to release a physical version of Ys Origin for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in both standard and collector’s editions, the company announced.

The collector’s edition will include an art book.

If you miss out on the Limited Run Games print of Ys Origin, a physical release with English, Japanese, and Chinese language support is also due out in Southeast Asia in May.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ys-origin-ps4-ps-vita-multi-language-physical-version-listed-play-asia

The main points of the version 2.00 update include:
    • “Transcontinental Railroad” and “City Circuit” stages added (free)
    • Overall character balance adjustments
    • Action record and playback feature during dummy reversals in Training Mode added
    • Background music added
    • Feature improvements and some bug fixes
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,796
    BestBuy

50 - (New) Horizon Zero Dawn
    40 - DualShock 4 (Black-New revision model) + USB dongle for PC

Review on that plug in USB thing were bad before, seems to be the same hit or miss lotta hassle to get working-may not work for you, but its cheaper overall in this starter kit for the new model of the controller (CUH-ZCT2), with supposed-claimed less latency when you Micro USB cable have it plugged in while playing and just skip wireless, go hardwired on PC too if possible.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/horizon-zero-dawn-playstation-4/9082293.p?skuId=9082293

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-starter-kit-for-playstation-4-black/5623686.p?skuId=5623686
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 9
    Nier or Persona 5? Which one is better or should I play first?

To be more specific:
    Time investment required? I don't like games where you have to grind...though I enjoyed FF15's sidequests.
    Difficulty? I prefer easier games ( see above).
    Story?
    More engaging?
    Green Karin.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    evilj wrote: »
    Nier or Persona 5? Which one is better or should I play first?

To be more specific:
    Time investment required? I don't like games where you have to grind...though I enjoyed FF15's sidequests.
    Difficulty? I prefer easier games ( see above).
    Story?
    More engaging?

Both games will be over 50 hours, but Persona will probably be 70-80
    Both have difficulty settings ranging from "holds your hand" to "die".
    Nier was awesome, P5 is shaping up to be awesome.
    They're about the same

Main difference for you is gameplay style, length, and type of story content
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,796
    And also being bogged down by tons of micro-managing!

That will probably be major in making a decision as you might know if you ever played SMT/Personas before, and for Platinum games, maybe if its just gonna be Hit-Hit-Hit--Dodge again.

But you can probably just follow a guide, instead of waste away finding all the Persona combinations yourself.

• Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,183
    edited April 11
    Ugh. Breeding personae to have certain abilities can be a chore
    http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5513-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-screenshots
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-screenshots
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361026
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/345/G034509/20170414101/
    Square Enix Japan has posted more screenshots for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, as well as revealing new additions to the remaster that were not present in the International PlayStation 2 version (IZJS).

Most notably, it is now possible to have a character set with two job classes simultaneously, instead of just one in the International version (IZJS).
    Once a character unlocks "L Board Plus" on the License Board, they can then select a second job to complement their abilities.
    Different combinations of jobs are certain to have some interesting results.

Another small but useful addition is that of a real time transparent map, which can be pulled up to the user interface when exploring the field.

Finally, in addition to redone music from the original game, 8 new tracks will be added to remaster including both boss and field music.
    Update it to a 4 man party pls!!!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,984

Being able to control Guests kinda does that already
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Being able to control Guests kinda does that already
    Not good enough.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,159
    You don't need 4 man parties in 12. Game can already be decimated with 3 man parties.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Yea I know...I just like 4 man parties...
    edited April 18
    Under-Night-PS-Ann_04-18-17.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/night-birth-exelatest-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita
    Arcade fighting game Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The console version will feature new elements, such as a new playable character named Enkidu.

Development is currently 80 percent complete.

UPDATE:
    Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] will launch on July 20 in Japan.
    It will cost 6,800 yen at retail and 5,370 yen via download on PlayStation 4.
    The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will be digital-only and cost 5,370 yen.

The game will feature 19 characters.
    Enkidu is a master of the ancient martial arts, voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi.
    Cross-platform online play is supported between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
    Other changes include the addition of Tutorial and Mission modes, and character balance adjustments.
    Post edited by Kurokun on
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,956
    I was thinking of getting it on my Japanese PSN then I remembered wouldn't that require me to buy PS plus solely for that profile?
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,155
    UNIEL for PS4? That's some good news. I finally get to try it out.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

PS+ freebies for May 2017..............Tales from Borderlands for me I guess.
    PlayStation 4
    Abzu (505 Games)
    Laser Disco Defenders (Excalibur Games)
    Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games)
    Type:Rider (BulkyPix)

PlayStation 3
    Blood Knights (Kalypso Media)
    Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (Kalypso Media)

PS Vita
    Laser Disco Defenders (Excalibur Games)
    Type:Rider (BulkyPix)
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ps Plus freebies have been severely lacking compared to the PS3.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Spring 2017 Trailer (ENG)

『FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE』2017 SPRING TRAILER (JPN)

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-spring-2017-trailer

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - ‘Get to Know in 120 Seconds’ trailer

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-get-know-120-seconds-trailer
    Square Enix has released a new trailer for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age that attempts to explain the game in 120 seconds.

The two-minute trailer highlights the game’s characters, setting and environments, newly recorded background music, high-speed mode, auto-save feature, 12-Job Zodiac Job System, and more.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - 35-min gameplay footage
    • 33:45 to to 55:35
    • 58:05 to 1:11:03
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/35-minutes-final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-gameplay
    Yomawari-Midnight-Shadows-Localize-Ann.jpg

http://nisamerica.com/games/yomawari-midnight-shadows/
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/yomawari-midnight-shadows-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-pc-fall
    NIS America has announced that it will release Yomawari: Midnight Shadows, announced for Japan earlier this week as Shin Yomawari, in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC this fall.

NIS America overview:
    The follow-up to 2016’s cult horror hit Yomawari: Night Alone, Yomawari: Midnight Shadows introduces two brand-new girls, Yui and Haru, to the night and the spirits who haunt it.
    Separated by a mysterious attacker, each girl will explore haunting and bizarre locations, face the terrors of the night, and test their courage and wits to survive and reconnect with one another.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/shin-yomawari-announced-ps4-ps-vita
    The map of Shin Yomawari is more than twice the size of the original Yomawari.
    You’ll be able to explore even more locations, including the inside of western-style houses and libraries.
    The game itself uses a quarter-view camera, much like its predecessor, but when you enter special locations, the camera changes to a side-view.
    GUNDAM VERSUS - Gameplay Trailer | PS4

GUNDAM VERSUS - Opening Movie | PS4

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/gundam-versus-coming-west-fall
    The game features two-versus-two and three-versus-three team battles, and more than 90 playable Mobile Suits from across 17 different works of the Gundam anime.
    edited May 4
    Guilty Gear XRD REV 2

extra green logo edition has a full featured demo out. (Requires PSPlus)
    With all the characters anyway.
    No online vs play.
    So go get some friends to play head to head offline, online trash talk Bad Game Pissed Off keyboard warrior.

Apparently its planned to also go away and not be able to be played anymore May 26 when the full game proper comes out. Guess they put up the limited demo then-to replace-it with just-your-only a few guys to Dudley/Ryu like SF3OE did, or KOF14 did with 2 separate demos there, each one having slightly different sets of characters to choose from.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,057 mod
    Looks like I might be playing Gravity Rush 2 again if just for that free 2B Kat costume.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    PS4 External USB Drive Loading Time Tests - Upgrade Options Compared!
    http://gematsu.com/2017/05/star-ocean-till-end-time-ps4-launches-may-23-west
    The PS2-on-PlayStation 4 version of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time will launch in North America and Europe via the PlayStation Store on May 23 for $20.99, Square Enix announced.

The PlayStation 4 version of the game will support trophies, share functionality, and remote play.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,913
    Way too pricey for a game that's OK at best
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fallen-legion-launches-july-25
    Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire for PlayStation 4, and Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion for PS Vita will launch on July 25 in the Americas and Europe, developer YummyYummyTummy announced.

Each title features its own story, stages, story branches, and exclusive boss battles.
    Players will control up to four characters at once, battle while combo- and counter-attacking enemies, and make split-second decisions, such as whether you want to save a village from invading barbarians or fund a new hospital.
    Each decision grants a different power-up and permanently changes the game world.
    Yooooo Senko no Ronde 2? Fuckin tight
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,183
    So it's a shmup fighter?

I youtubed it briefly and that's what I gathered. Looks dope.

Care to give some insight?
    Raij1n wrote: »
    So it's a shmup fighter?

I youtubed it briefly and that's what I gathered. Looks dope.

Care to give some insight?

That really is the best way to explain it. Both characters, instead of melee attacks have shots of various patterns that are executed with different motions. Take a hit and you take some damage. There's different types of shots all with different properties including some that erase other shots, some that home in, some that are slow but persist for a long time or have wide spread, etc., etc. There is a melee system though I honestly forget how it works, I've only played Senko like once or twice, but I've played other indie games based on the same concept. You also have a super meter but instead of a big attack it basically makes you a shmup boss. It generally doesn't actually guarantee you much damage, but it does nearly guarantee at least some damage, and damage taken while in BOSS mode doesn't effect your life bar, plus you get a little health boost in some situations.

It's similar to Virtual On in that there's a lot of timing and setup shots. You're not really aiming but trying to put them in situations where they must take damage while avoiding those situations yourself

Windjammers closed beta for PS4 coming..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,115
    Fuck so i have to buy Revelator to get Rev2 on PS3?

Fuuuuuck.
    Kurokun wrote: »
    Senko no Ronde 2 - opening movie

http://senkoro.com/en/
    http://gematsu.com/2017/05/senko-no-ronde-2-launches-september-7
    In Japan, the PlayStation 4 version of Senko no Ronde 2 will cost 4,800 yen via download.
    Standard and limited physical editions distributed by Kadokawa Games will be available for 5,800 yen and 9,800 yen, respectively.
    The limited edition includes an original soundtrack CD, “Senko no Ronde 2 Materials Guide” creation materials book, and a creation materials DVD.

In the west, the PlayStation 4 version will be released digitally, as well as in standard and limited physical editions, according to the English official website’s product page.
    None of the three editions have been priced or detailed.

The Steam version of Senko no Ronde 2 has yet to be priced in any region.

Gameplay Videos

Lev LeFanu

Beak Chang Po

Fabian the Fastman

Mika Mikli

Senko no Ronde 2 on a region free console?

YES YES YES

Getting my ass to amiami an pre-ordering that shit with the quickness, waited too fucking long for this and that Touho game didn't even come close to scratching that itch.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited May 24
    The Lost Child - teaser trailer

http://thelostchild.jp/
    http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shaddai-director-announces-turn-based-rpg-lost-child-ps4-ps-vita
    The next game from Takeyasu Sawaki, the director and character designer of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, is The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG with command-style battles due out this summer for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It is published by Kadokawa Games.

The Lost Child is based on the world that is the mythical concept of El Shaddai. Lucifel (voiced by Ryota Takeuchi), who appeared in El Shaddai, will also appear in The Lost Child. The game is set amidst a conflict of demons in modern day Japan.

UPDATE; some story/background details.

Tidbits
    • The story is connected to El Shaddai.
    • Enemies are villainous creatures called “Astrals.” There are several types of them.
    • During adventure parts, you’ll gather information and collect data from various places, then head into the dungeon where the Astrals await.
    • You can capture and enslave demon, angel, fallen angel, etc. Astrals as allies.
    • Development is 90 percent complete.
    Post edited by Kurokun on

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Fallen Legion gameplay - The MIX at GDC 2017 livestream
      1:27:57 to 1:50:07