Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,752
    edited May 1
    drwill439 wrote: »
    Good to know. I still lack a Wii U (and I actually just sold my 3DS), but I think I'm gonna jump back in sometime this summer. Gotta get the rust off, though, and the only locals I've got are the ones that Fatality and Scatt go to...

Be glad you have a local at all. Mine is dead after today, as I mentioned above...:sad:

Don't take anything for granted.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Good to know. I still lack a Wii U (and I actually just sold my 3DS), but I think I'm gonna jump back in sometime this summer. Gotta get the rust off, though, and the only locals I've got are the ones that Fatality and Scatt go to...

Be glad you have a local at all. Mine is dead after today, as I mentioned above...:sad:

Don't take anything for granted.

Incidentally, the reason I dropped the game in the first place was that the closest local I had was walking distance from my house, and they died. That left me with an hour drive every week, and I wasn't making the type of money to do that regularly/didn't have the type of schedule that allowed me to go in the first place.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,274
    Be glad you guys have/had locals at all
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    CG don't forget that in a twist of hilarious irony, Elegant's Luigi is preventing Fox players from actually playing the game, and ending matches in under two minutes, causing them to finally know what it feels like to have their bullshit turned back on them.

And, of course, FUCK CLOUD.

That said... I am thankful this game wasn't handled by Capcpom... Fucking Sigma as DLC...

..The first motherfucker in the trailer ain't even in the fucking game...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Kind of sad to realize I don't have much urge to play fighting games right now, as most of the ones I'm eager for aren't out yet.

Smash on Switch, Gundam Versus, Dissidia AC, and MVC4 all have my attention and none are available. A damn shame.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Kind of sad to realize I don't have much urge to play fighting games right now, as most of the ones I'm eager for aren't out yet.

Smash on Switch, Gundam Versus, Dissidia AC, and MVC4 all have my attention and none are available. A damn shame.

You should start discovering some underrated, unknown gems.

Look up Akatsuki Blitzkampf to start.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)

You should start discovering some underrated, unknown gems.

Look up Akatsuki Blitzkampf to start.

Under Night, KoF, GG... Lots of FGs out there that don't require buying into Capcpom's nonsense.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    *Lists Pocket Rumble, Dissidia, and Gundam Versus*

*Is told to stop focusing on capcpom so much*

string developerPocketRumble = "CardboardRobot Games";
    string publisherDissidiaFFAC = "Square-Enix";
    string publisherGundamVersus= "Bandai-Namco";

Okay.
    I'm up for playing Dissidia as well.....just hoping the 3v3 isn't the only option when it's released stateside.
    edited May 1
    Squeenix should make Cloud DLC. I wonder if FF fans would take it up the butt like Capcpom fans do.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Squeenix should make Cloud DLC. I wonder if FF fans would take it up the butt like Capcpom fans do.

Too late for that. Cloud's been Day One for a few years now (Games been out since 2015). They don't do it DLC style as far as I can tell, instead doing a MOBA approach where they started with minimal roster and resources and have been adding stuff piece by piece. For free as far as I can tell.
    Cool, CG. Any particular characters you're interested in? I'm hoping to form some persistent teams.

My eyes are on Kain, Terra, Lightning, and Cloud based on match vids I've seen of the arcade version.
    Cool, CG. Any particular characters you're interested in? I'm hoping to form some persistent teams.

My eyes are on Kain, Terra, Lightning, and Cloud based on match vids I've seen of the arcade version.

I'm too much of a fanboy, so I play the characters from the games I like

Kefka, Sephiroth, Ramza are all I plan on using. Past that, anyone that strikes a chord with me.

And of course, the kooky kabuki himself when he eventually drops
    Ramza looks fun too. I just wish Agrias was in, would definitely play her all day er'ry day.
    edited May 2
    Ramza looks fun too. I just wish Agrias was in, would definitely play her all day er'ry day.

We should just be glad Orlandu isn't included.

That level of broken would be like having MvC2 Magneto in SFIV
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,422
    edited May 2
    CG don't forget that in a twist of hilarious irony, Elegant's Luigi is preventing Fox players from actually playing the game, and ending matches in under two minutes, causing them to finally know what it feels like to have their bullshit turned back on them.

And, of course, FUCK CLOUD.

That said... I am thankful this game wasn't handled by Capcpom... Fucking Sigma as DLC...

..The first motherfucker in the trailer ain't even in the fucking game...

Even here you bitch about Sigma DLC, Jesus...
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited May 4
    Ignoring po works better when people don't quote him... so I'll unfortunately respond.

po, stop being ridiculous. Cloud is a base character in Dissidia, just as CG said.

As for MVC4, I took my entertainment budget for next month and applied it to buying Sigma. I might even send capcpom's office a picture of Sigma next to the extra $30 I spent on their special edition, with the words "purchased primarily to spite po pimpus, please keep up the good work!" written below that. That's right; I treated making you angry as an entertainment expense. I don't even know if I'll use the character I just bought, but knowing you're sitting there going "adklhjasflhjlkhadjh why is rick encouraging shitty-ass capcpomp fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuck rick" while you foam at the mouth like a rabid dog is all the satisfaction I need on the money I spent!
    Post edited by Red Rick Dias on
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,147
    I have no response other than
    tenor.gif
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,147

Pretty good character variety in this one.
    Believe it or not, there's only two positive clips with Cloud, and one of them is pretty hilarious.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    From that video, "Shulk Hogan" has to be one of the better usernames I've seen. I immediately heard the British scientist's voice, "Whatcha gonna do, when the Monado's powah runs wild on you, brotha!?"
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    Ya so dead in here lol. I take a leave of absence for school, and then come in here to find inactivity lol.
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,279
    No one plays this game.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    No streams either.
    Waiting for a Switch version before I bother.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,660
    This game sucks
    This game sucks

This isn't the SFV section...
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,752
    This game sucks

Or the NRS section :bee:
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    This game sucks

Or the NRS section :bee:

:angry:

At least injustice 2 is a complete game at launch
    At least injustice 2 is a complete game at launch

I didn't say SFV was good either :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    @Mood4food77 @Phantom Angel @MarcOfTheBeast @LordWilliam1234 @EmblemLord

I'm still down for a session to play smash and chill at moods house. Drinks and sushi. Marc can get his rematch and I can meet you others that I never got to. Now that school is over for me wednesday.

Also @po pimpus when you coming down here. I aint forget about our set
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    dre37k wrote: »

I'm still down for a session to play smash and chill at moods house. Drinks and sushi. Marc can get his rematch and I can meet you others that I never got to. Now that school is over for me wednesday.

I....uhhhh....don't live there anymore

I have a new apartment though! Hopefully moving in 2 weeks
    People struggling to come up with things to talk about, so here's something

Nintendo, next time you make a Smash, take the NRS approach to clone characters and just make them ALL skins with voice overs and changes.
    How many times do I have to say it, I'm not driving 2 hours to play casual Smash. :arazz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    How many times do I have to say it, I'm not driving 2 hours to play casual Smash. :arazz:

It's only 2 hours if you go the speed limit :wink:

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,422
    Nintendo, next time you make a Smash, take the NRS approach to make a story mode with a decent plot with characters verbally interacting with each other

And make tons of skins for everyone.
    and make keep away a viable strategy, with projectiles doing tons of shield damage and able to kill
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 281
    edited May 23
    Anti is dropping mario for sheik for many reasons I fully understand. And ally is picking up DK as a solid secondary. Mario is on the decline recently and will continue to fall probably.

Yup, when you play me again you'll get a chance to find out exactly why.

Okay @dre37k I'm sure you probably have to take Summer classes to make up for the ones you failed in the Spring lol. My graduation was last Friday, so I'm down for whatever.

@Phantom Angel I'll play you in street fighter.

@Mood4food77 Did you move closer to Manhattan?

Hey guys, I got some money to buy a Switch for graduation should I wait after E3 or buy it now with Zelda?
    Im literally moving around the corner. I can move in on june 1st, just gotta sign the lease and im good
    edited May 23
    Wait for E3 Marc. The conference is in three weeks
    edited May 23

It's only 2 hours if you go the speed limit :wink:

I'm taking the 90-100 mph I usually do into account there.

Still too long for no payoff.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data