The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: Carson Wentz out for the year with torn ACL.

2456771

Comments

  • AKUMA2000AKUMA2000 RAGING DEMON DISTRIBUTOR Joined: Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Da Bears !!!!
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Peyton also blew out his tricep and had no strength is his throwing arm that last year.

    I still argue that his biggest problem was being forced to play Gary Kubiak's system.

    I still remember when he first hit the market and people were speculating him going to Houston that was main concern Kubiaks system would hold Peyton's style down. Sure enough I was proven right later on.

    Kubiak's system is made for an athletic quarterback with a big arm. It worked great with Elway. A current player who'd thrive under it is Russell​ Wilson.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,789
    Another season of Bears fucking up woooo
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,562
    edited May 18
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Peyton also blew out his tricep and had no strength is his throwing arm that last year.

    I still argue that his biggest problem was being forced to play Gary Kubiak's system.

    I still remember when he first hit the market and people were speculating him going to Houston that was main concern Kubiaks system would hold Peyton's style down. Sure enough I was proven right later on.

    Kubiak's system is made for an athletic quarterback with a big arm. It worked great with Elway. A current player who'd thrive under it is Russell​ Wilson.

    Oh I know I'm just saying that even if by that off chance Houston would have somehow gotten Manning, Kubiak would have fucked it all up because his system has to be ran with little wiggle room.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Go Ravens

    We had a decent draft, but offensively we need weapons. No matter how good our defense gets, we can't move the ball without some damn weapons. Steelers have so many offensive threats yo, and we need to match that.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,730
    Let's go Steelers!

    Also salt.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Peyton also blew out his tricep and had no strength is his throwing arm that last year.

    I still argue that his biggest problem was being forced to play Gary Kubiak's system.

    I still remember when he first hit the market and people were speculating him going to Houston that was main concern Kubiaks system would hold Peyton's style down. Sure enough I was proven right later on.

    Kubiak's system is made for an athletic quarterback with a big arm. It worked great with Elway. A current player who'd thrive under it is Russell​ Wilson.

    Oh I know I'm just saying that even if by that off chance Houston would have somehow gotten Manning, Kubiak would have fucked it all up because his system has to be ran with little wiggle room.

    Honestly Manning >Kubiak. Should have chased him harder and got a new coach.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,877
    The bucs signed Ryan Fitzpatrick

    I give it to week 3 when Fitzy starts again
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,262
    The bucs signed Ryan Fitzpatrick

    I give it to week 3 when Fitzy starts again

    Week 12, he gets himself another Long Term Deal.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,164
    That would indicate Winston got hurt so at that moment I know the season is a lost cause anyway. We needed a Vet backup and while I would of rather of had Kaep personally, I don't mind Fitzpatrick.

    Welcome to Tampa Fitz Magic.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,262
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    That would indicate Winston got hurt so at that moment I know the season is a lost cause anyway. We needed a Vet backup and while I would of rather of had Kaep personally, I don't mind Fitzpatrick.

    Welcome to Tampa Fitz Magic.

    We know. It'll happen.

    Fitz being your backup is a curse. The starter always gets hurt, and Fitz always gets his contract.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,562
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,877
    Why?

    This issue with OT has always been one team may never see the ball, not the length

    God damnit Goodell
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,562
    Player safety is their reason, which makes it even more stupid because from what I heard, doing this would eliminate around 0.06% of the plays run during the season, since so so very very few times an OT game makes it 10 minutes.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,946
    You can only celebrate in ways we find acceptable! I get its a business and they worry about the image, but fuck old people they will watch anyway. They need to get the young generation and I think celebrations help that. They sure as hell allow more storylines which is only good. They take this game way too seriously.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

    "A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 615
    I don't know why the NFL doesn't use the Arena League's OT system. Both teams get the ball no matter what, then it's sudden death.

    As for celebrations, part of me enjoys them and another part remembers how silly Joe Horn having a cell phone under the goal post was.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    They should use soccer rules. Just let a draw be a draw unless it's a finals game. The current OT Rules would be fine then just don't bother with OT in regular season. If they were to change anything about current OT rules both teams should get at least one series on offence.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,562
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Last I remember defensive players get paid, first team to score in OT should win.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,877
    I always thought letting the other team match was a good idea.

    Basically if team 1 scores fg then team 2 scor

    Stadium isnt ready
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,638
    edited May 23
    Well to be more specific it won't be ready in time. Ah well.



    Thoughts?
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,262
    Truth be told, I think it's a bad idea in general. I mean, what are the legitimate chances that the ones who wouldn't have made the 75 originally, would make the 53?

    It just makes it tougher to find time in the end of the Preseason for all these guys for actual evaluation and the ones who would've been cut would've at least found another team to try for.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,872
    Megatron was at Raiders OTA's. Giving pointers out there
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    David Quessenbery was back at Texans practice. If you haven't heard of him it's because he spent the last three years fighting cancer. No guarantee to make any roster but still great he's back on the field.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,872
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    David Quessenbery was back at Texans practice. If you haven't heard of him it's because he spent the last three years fighting cancer. No guarantee to make any roster but still great he's back on the field.

    he's finally cancer free? Good stuff to him
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,165

    Stadium probably isn't ready. The NFL also has a policy that requires the stadium to be up and running for an entire season before being eligible for a Super Bowl bid.

    Florida will have two Super Bowls back-to-back with the Super Bowl LV move from LA to Tampa.

    Bugs-Bunny-Saw-Florida.gif
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    a15kko wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    David Quessenbery was back at Texans practice. If you haven't heard of him it's because he spent the last three years fighting cancer. No guarantee to make any roster but still great he's back on the field.

    he's finally cancer free? Good stuff to him

    Yeah man, he actually broke the bell. Big dude, even sick.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Megatron said he only retired because of how poorly Lions management treated him.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Megatron said he only retired because of how poorly Lions management treated him.

    I always felt he did the same thing Sanders did.
    C.O.P.A

    Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    Glad to see my broncos making smooth progress on the offense, hopefully we have a superbowl in our near future.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG


    He about to put a little salsa on that Chicago style hot dog. :lol:
    C.O.P.A

    Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,877
    Gimpy wrote: »


    He about to put a little salsa on that Chicago style hot dog. :lol:

    He's not scoring any tds. He's lost whatever quickness he had. It was painful to watch last season
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,946
    He made a career feeding off the awful Cowboys secondary. He looked like a middle of the pack 3rd WR last year. A decent gamble and low risk so why not.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

    "A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,227
    r00ster22 wrote: »
    He made a career feeding off the awful Cowboys secondary. He looked like a middle of the pack 3rd WR last year. A decent gamble and low risk so why not.
    Redskins secondary was worse than Cowboys.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,872
    edited May 26

    Just saw this but California was hit with rain pretty bad this year. Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years. The rain fucked up the construction spot and delayed everything by a year so they won't start building until next year i believe. For a site to host a super bowl the stadium has to have been open for at least two years and with the delay it will be only open for one year
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,562
    a15kko wrote: »
    Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years.

    Obviously this means God is angry at the Rams and Chargers. May they both be smote in the standings for many seasons.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,668
    a15kko wrote: »
    Hadn't rained like that in 15 ish years.

    Obviously this means God is angry at the Rams and Chargers. May they both be smote in the standings for many seasons.

    Rams wont be good. Chargers might be okay but their division is brutal right now.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

    chadouken! wrote: »
    r00ster22 wrote: »
    He made a career feeding off the awful Cowboys secondary. He looked like a middle of the pack 3rd WR last year. A decent gamble and low risk so why not.
    Redskins secondary was worse than Cowboys.

    This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying in the voice of the Eagles' secondary:

    Hold my beer.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,262
    Why are we arguing who has the worst secondary? They're all bad. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file