Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 486
    Saitsu wrote: »
    The main reason for clones is the fact that it's a 3v3 Fighter. The roster NEEDS bodies and ArcSys doesn't usually do a huge roster right out of the gate. Requested clones are the easiest way to get it done without ruffling too many feathers.

ehm, if we have like 20-25 characters, we're gonna have thousands of combinations for a 3-man team. no need for more "bodies"
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,829
    Kuroi Aima wrote: »
    The main reason for clones is the fact that it's a 3v3 Fighter. The roster NEEDS bodies and ArcSys doesn't usually do a huge roster right out of the gate. Requested clones are the easiest way to get it done without ruffling too many feathers.

ehm, if we have like 20-25 characters, we're gonna have thousands of combinations for a 3-man team. no need for more "bodies"

That's an actual if.

I'll say this much though. If ASW didn't want to open Pandora's Box about the possibility of clones and Super things, they should've never made Golden Frieza an Install when 100% Final Form is pretty much the exact same thing in the scope of being a limited use powerup that leaves Frieza exhausted after use.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,351
    edited June 23
    As for choosing clone they have done recently fine by selecting the most memorable and prominent form like keeping SSJ3 as part of the super. So Gotenks and Trunks seems okay. Rose, Baby Vegeta seems okay but no Majin Vegeta, Black, Zamasu.

I think it is okay to see an amalgam Gohan from Future, Mystic and Great Sayaiman.

It is tolerable in DB games even the early DB arcade games have exclusive villains like Ozotto.

Since we had seen a lot of in game transformation in that never appeared in manga and anime

A power up to Kamehameha in SSJB

latest?cb=20130321115846

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,164
    NoChart wrote: »
    I'd like to have an adult Gohan, but I won't be mad if he doesn't make it. Teen Gohan is the most stone-cold badass version, anyway. Adult Gohan gets too cocky. He and daddy Piccolo just need an interesting third to round out my team.

Watch them put Great Sayaman in (that would be sick)
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    Arcsys releases updates to their games so whoever isn't in at launch has a chance to get in eventually, even clones I think
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
    In wanna play ad guru! B)
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    arcsys also put out a call for artist contractors earlier this year, they are obviously ramping up the amount of people they have working on models and they've also got faster at their process after a couple of years working on it.

both factors lessen the need for clones.

only character i want multiple versions of is Gohan.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,351
    edited June 23
    Probably by popular demand if SSJB isn't a transformation it would just end up as another character addition or installment.

Vegito and Gogeta should have a requirement like having any version of Goku and Vegeta in a team that consumes 5 bars.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,309
    I'm fiending for this game.
  • Nefarious_RaccoonNefarious_Raccoon Joined: Posts: 60
    Goku, barduk, turles, goku black, blue, rose, kid goku, ssj4, gogeta

Young gohan, teen gohan, mystic gohan, future gohan, great saiyaman

Vegeta, majin vegeta, blue, ssj4, vegito

Sounds like a good starting 20 to me.

:trollface:

Just reading that list made me mad. lol

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,150
    edited June 23
    Vhozite wrote: »

We all are.

That beta can't come fast enough. 2018 is pretty far, but knowing that there's a beta to ease the thirst helps a lot.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,534
    When's beta?
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Drone, Drone, Stone Joined: Posts: 882
    otori wrote: »
    I'd like to have an adult Gohan, but I won't be mad if he doesn't make it. Teen Gohan is the most stone-cold badass version, anyway. Adult Gohan gets too cocky. He and daddy Piccolo just need an interesting third to round out my team.

He's probably the most different from existing characters, even if he isn't as popular as other versions of adult Gohan.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    dizzynecro wrote: »
    otori wrote: »

He's probably the most different from existing characters, even if he isn't as popular as other versions of adult Gohan.

If they're going to include a comic-relief fighter, it sure as hell better be Hercule/Mr. Satan.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Korbidon wrote: »
    When's beta?

Should be end of summer but it's a closed one.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 482
    Daddy Bandai Namco, Mommy Arc System Works, give me clearance for closed beta please~
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,599
    Probably by popular demand if SSJB isn't a transformation it would just end up as another character addition or installment.

Vegito and Gogeta should have a requirement like having any version of Goku and Vegeta in a team that consumes 5 bars.

They'd have to greatly nerf fusion charters as a result of a mechanic or else they would simply dominate the meta and make the game stale and boring
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,534
    Valoon wrote: »
    When's beta?

How do you get in?

• LostChiefLostChief What title? Joined: Posts: 156
    Vhozite wrote: »

We all are.

That beta can't come fast enough. 2018 is pretty far, but knowing that there's a beta to ease the thirst helps a lot.

Man, the lack of a beta is gonna give PC players a heat stroke.
    What signature?
    When's beta?

How do you get in?

They didn't say yet, at least to my knowledge.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,591
    edited June 23
    When's beta?

How do you get in?

Probably have to sign up via a website later on and cross your fingers you get an invite to the closed Beta.

Really glad (future)Trunks is in but i hope his gameplay revolves around his sword as much as possible, we don't need another character that visually looks to be playing the same as the other Saiyans.

A lot of the non FG folk want a 1v1 mode added, they do not like being forced to have to learn 2 other characters. I agree with the fact having to learn 2 extra characters while learning the game can be daunting for a beginner but assists are a major component of DBFZ it seems. If the option of 1v1 is added then it might be similar to Skullgirls, although i do not see characters in DBFZ having enough depth for it though, but who knows.

Also rewatching DBZ at the moment, the original not the trash that is Kai.
    Post edited by LockM on
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

People always ask for stuff in game dev. If it was 1v1 people would ask some 3v3.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    I fucking love Tien, I'm actually kind of worried he doesn't make it.

I need to have my Tri-Beam in my life or I'm genuinely going to be sad.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Kuroi Aima wrote: »

We actually kinda need them due to the way assists are as of now. If we have 20 characters and only SSj2 Gohan has a DP assist, and DP assists end up being the most valuable assists in the meta, so variety would actually be nice.

Maybe SSJB Goku, since SSJ3 isn't playable, could have Dragon Fist assist with different properties or some stuff like that. We need some options available after all.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,407
    I feel tien is almost a guaranteed spot. Unless someone like Roshi steals his spot.
    I feel tien is almost a guaranteed spot. Unless someone like Roshi steals his spot.

He's the strongest of the human z fighters imo, and my favorite
    When's beta?

How do you get in?

I think press at e3 were given beta access codes per easy allies who mentioned getting codes, but as far as us peasants not sure
  • Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 486
    preorders are up but after a few secs the website will redirect to another shop, that's a good start ahah

https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS/videos/10155390919310629/
    edited June 23
    Maybe it's just me but i think Krillin, Tien and Roshi are almost no-brainers when talking about a realistic roster for DBFZ. Recognizable, "safe" choice regarding popularity, have unique attacks and aesthetics. Compared to Goku Black, Zamasu and who the fuck is this Janemba that people keep mentioning.

Tien, Krillin and Roshi are characters, especially Roshi that ASW can get really creative with. I personally don't care much for DB Super, i found the show, especially the beginning one of the worst anime i've ever had the displeasure of watching. Only now that the tournament is coming up it becomes somewhat interesting but i still think the entire premise of it is just ... dumb. From what i remember i think i also vastly prefer GT to Super. I'll keep watching Super mainly because of nostalgia though.

Adding Super characters is fine to appeal to the current DB crowd but i hope they keep it to the absolute minimum or simply regard any Super character to DLC.
    Post edited by LockM on

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,275
    edited June 23
    Janemba is from the Fusion Reborn movie. One of the more interesting villains, despite the fact that he doesn't say anything.

If you don't know him, you don't know Gogeta either. That's a damn shame.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Janemba is from the Fusion Reborn movie. One of the more interesting villains, despite the fact that he doesn't say anything.

If you don't know him, he don't know Gogeta either. That's a damn shame.

I know Gogeta from watching GT though :(

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,407
    Tien
    Roshi
    Beerus
    Videl
    Yamcha
    Mystic Gohan
    Krillin
    Piccolo
    Ssb goku

Raditz
    Broly
    Ginyu
    One of the androids
    Nappa
    Another bad guy from the buu arc

These are characters that I think have a good chance of getting in.

I'm probably completely wrong like I was for the sfv initial roster though lol
    LockM wrote: »

If you don't know him, he don't know Gogeta either. That's a damn shame.

I know Gogeta from watching GT though :(

That's ssj4 gotta, the original gogeta is from that movie all of it is non cannon
    edited June 23
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    They'd have to greatly nerf fusion charters as a result of a mechanic or else they would simply dominate the meta and make the game stale and boring

@PVL_93_RU

I'm not saying them as an individual character but rather an in game mechanic like pandora mode in SFXtekken but with condition of having Vegeta and Goku because it can only be access by keeping both Goku and Vegeta alive in the team. Without any damage and speed buff other than changing character models to either Vegito or Gogeta depending who is the active character from the two required in play field then being rewarded by restoring a 100% vitality with 1 level gauge refill to super meter as a trade for sacrificing another reserve character and consuming 5 or 3 level. No expiry.

So if Goku is the active character in the play field he turns into Gogeta with 100% full life meter but sacrifice of the reserve tag out Vegeta in return as a part of the cost then if Vegeta is the active character in the play field instead he turns into Vegito with 100% full life meter but sacrifice of the reserve tag out Goku in return as a part of the cost.

No damage buffs, speed buffs and with special move retained other than an interesting "comeback mechanic" for having both Goku and Vegeta alive and part of your team but it needs to be carefully strategize because of the consequence and trade off. Why? It's like 3/5 level and sacrifice a reserve/tag out character for a 1 level and full health tag in character. The design seems not going to broken at any means.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)