Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    If Oolong isn't playable we riot right?
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    edited June 23
    Fuck, the pre order link is sending me to their clothing and stuff website.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 647
    edited June 23
    Man I pre-ordered this shit on Amazon last week 'cause I want a digital copy and I have no self control...I betta still get a beta code...

Also, how strong you guys think the Vanish mechanic will be meta wise?
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 888
    It's going to make keep away impossible.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,448
    Doesn't it cost a bar and you get minimal damage? Could probably combo it into an assist.

Can probably also counter it with an assist when you hear the sound, kind of like counter assist calling in mvc3.

Not sure how it works exactly, but it i don't think it will be that bad.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Umm why do people think that characters like ginyu or radditz are important enough to be included in the game over other characters? what is the logic behind this because I dont see it other than that they like them.

I also disagree with this whole idea of I like this character so they could make them unique more so than this other more established character. I mean most the cast in DBZ fight in a similar manner but they each have 2, 3, maybe 5 "special signature moves" whatever, other than that they are similar. Its not different than a lot of these characters who people say they like that I see. The difference is they "LIKE" their signature move more so than another character. Like people talking how radditz should be in the game. Like wtf why, how is he unique? what is his difference other than he has some different special moves just like everyone else? Do people really want a game with a bunch of random people like babadi, chi chi, bulma, videl etc all fighting in some bizarre "made" up manner over other characters?

If you are getting paid to make a video game you should be able to make the established characters unique and do different things with their moves to make it fun. Thats what you are being paid for. its not rocket science. Just like I dont give a fuck about gogeta or janemba, but respecting the fact that people like them, they are essentially iconic and important characters to many fans, if one is in the other should be in. So the arguement no gogeta if vegito is in it. Why not? The developers should be able to use some brain power and make them different. One of vegitos classic lines is he said I only need my feet to beat you. ok, make him fight with almost only kicks, make him have some wacky long range sword slashingish moves with his spirit sword. Gogeta give him some weird little rainbow sparkles on his attacks, make him wacky somehow with that.

Hell obviously its not like this, but lets even take the kamehameha vs final flash. Essentially a similar move but different in dbz world. But for a fighting game they could have had something like kamehameha is faster more versatile, but say vegetas final flash, maybe they coulda let him charge it up, and just like in the anime, how he has like lighting around him destroy stuff, maybe while hes charging he has a random hit box that comes out of him from the lighting effects, but its slower than kamehameha blah blah. Lots of stuff you could have done to make them more different.

Point is, I dunno why people are posting about wanting some of the random characters they are saying, when I dont see how they are really that much more unique than any other established character fighting wise. Unless you want to go the bizarre route of having a bunch of random shit liek babadi, chi chi etc
  • ThunderThunder Joined: Posts: 27
    edited June 23
    "random" people like "chi chi" and "bulma" and "videl"

good thing you listed babadi in there, otherwise it'd be apparent where your real beef was
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    Thunder wrote: »

good thing you listed babadi in there, otherwise it'd be apparent where your real beef was

Yeah why have random characters like those instead of yet more SSJs.

Ginyu can work as a Commando character with his whole squad. People mentioned the idea of Bulma fighting with gadgets and stuff, which would be pretty unique. Design variety is also a thing, too.
    I would be happy to have Dragonball-era Goku and ChiChi team up as one character Ice Climbers style, but that's a definite pipe dream. The only other "clone" I really want is kid Gohan with monkey tail. He's so damned adorable, and he could change into a great ape to mix things up.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 888
    Ginyu's body switch is a pretty fun gimmick anyway.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,380

Umm why do people think that characters like ginyu or radditz are important enough to be included in the game over other characters? what is the logic behind this because I dont see it other than that they like them.

Ginyu had been a recurring character and a memorable for what he had been or had done to Goku
    capcom-sword.gif
    capcom-super2.gif
    3dc288e5b6ac94628797845cc164fa6f7e37abf3_hq.gif

Ginyu would be playing like Captain commando would be cool

Arcys had already done before with Ginew and I think that would work also.

He is can be a comic relief to the game other than fat buu could because he also could compromised with the game mechanics that requires instant speed and hover flight.

I also disagree with this whole idea of I like this character so they could make them unique more so than this other more established character. I mean most the cast in DBZ fight in a similar manner but they each have 2, 3, maybe 5 "special signature moves" whatever, other than that they are similar. Its not different than a lot of these characters who people say they like that I see. The difference is they "LIKE" their signature move more so than another character. Like people talking how radditz should be in the game. Like wtf why, how is he unique? what is his difference other than he has some different special moves just like everyone else? Do people really want a game with a bunch of random people like babadi, chi chi, bulma, videl etc all fighting in some bizarre "made" up manner over other characters?

Agree with chi chi and videl I know those people thought was to compromised with character diversity by gender.

Dabura with stone like abilities is unique in the DBZ franchised and he can have Babibi appeared in his super or a special move.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Thunder wrote: »

Yeah why have random characters like those instead of yet more SSJs.

Ginyu can work as a Commando character with his whole squad. People mentioned the idea of Bulma fighting with gadgets and stuff, which would be pretty unique. Design variety is also a thing, too.

Because theyre the main characters of the series and thats who people want to play duh. I already mentioned before we dont need a 100 characters, but inevitably theres only so many characters that actually DO anything in dragon ball in the first place so of course theres gonna probably be a few characters that have different versions of themselves. I mean look at ginyu, I dont care if people like him because hes their favorite character. But is he really that much more unique than some other character to another? In the real manga with out even looking at it, does ginyu even have a "special" move fireball or a signature attack? I dont even recall it off hand. He just shows up, trade some punchs, goku charges up, he gets scared and switchs bodies. He himself HAS no move. Think about it, so people want ginyu.. just so he can then use a special move to switch bodies... to become the character... you didnt want to play as, because you wanted a unique character.. ...

Think about that logic. Sure its different then I guess another character, but ginyu HIMSELF is not some amazingly unique character compared to other characters.

Sure you could give bulma fighting in a robot suit, you could have characters with tag characters, but think about it... you are making shit up for them to make them more interesting. YOU COULD since you are being paid... PAID to make a video game in the first place, make up shit for MAIN characters and use that creativity for these established characters to make them interesting since thats why people started watching it in the first place. Save the novelty characters for after established characters are fleshed out and put in the game.

I mean again I dont care about gogeta, I dont care about janemba they do nothing for me, but they are iconic characters. If we think about it, gogeta doesnt shoot a single fireball when he appears for all of 2 mins in the movie. So if you wanted to, you could probably make him have NO fireballs whatsoever. Just make him a straight up brawler fighting with rainbow shit sparkles all over. Im not saying thats some great idea, cuz he should have fireballs. But point is, they are are being paid to make a game, you should be able to come up with cool/different ideas for characters that people want to play as.

I'm not really taking that comment with more than a grain of salt. I think it would be enough to say "well alright this character is focused on support" rather than "nope ain't gonna have these 43 characters in the game because none of them can step."
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,183
    The calling out each other's names is a nice touch. Glad that's in.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited June 23
    I don't like the weak characters in DB anyways, never did, you have dude capable of blowing planets and shit and you're going to like Krilin who is always a victim, makes no sense to me.

But still that power level stuff doesn't sound like something a competitive game would do.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,380
    So they are taking power levels into account. Hoped they didn't, it will limit characters to certain functions by design.

My only dissapointment for now.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Yup. "We are making this for the fans of DBZ and fighters. We obviously don't want shit to be crazy unbalanced so that the main character is garbage tier. But if we're doing our job right it won't be crazy unbalanced anyhow, so let's just say we're respecting the lore."

But if I misinterpreted that, let me know!
    edited June 23
    Sounds logical and I hope you're right. But I mean if I kinda respect the lore, Yamcha is just straight up useless as a fighter or assist. Maybe they don't put him in at all then.

At least Krillin, I can see some good assist stuff.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    Yeah, I don't think most franchise fighters really respect power levels to any degree. That's like basically admitting that half your roster was *intended* to be useless. Stuff like MvC3, there's not even an attempt to accurately portray characters' power. I don't know a ton about Street Fighter lore, but I doubt Ryu or Chun Li would really have what it takes to stand up to a sun goddess, or an omega level mutant. Same with Smash Bros, where Peach and Ice Climbers are going up against Ganondorf and Bowser. It's just dumb to think any respectable fighting dev would aim for that, and it'd be equally dumb for them to essentially *deny* excessive amounts of fanservice by not including fan-favorite characters because they don't have a high enough power level.
    edited June 23
    I always think the main factor of choosing characters should have instant speed to represent the like teleport game mechanic same way with the homing dash. This is confirm be saying Mercenary Tao wouldn't be in this game even he is in fact one of the most request villains rep of DB fans.

So probably no Master Satan, Videl, Chi Chi and Babidi or even Bulma with mech unless Bulma got a teleporting mech.

Technically Cell and Goku had the instant transmission technique in canon. The teleport like mechanic in the game was to represent instant speed.

So well probably get those characters that can compromised with the in game mechanic like teleport like move and homing dash.

SO the non-saiyan villains that is probably in.

Hit, Dabora, Broly, Kid buu, Androids, Cooler, Janemba and Bojack?

SO the non-saiyan heroes that is probably in.

Pikon, Picolo, Tien, Roshi, Killin

Saiyans

Tutles, Broly, Gotenks, Caulifa, Kale

Still chances of Nappa and Raditz

If were lucky we get GT characters

So probably we still won't run out of more than 28 characters.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,435
    I know enough "top/famous" players in the street fighter and anime scenes to know that if I don't get in the beta(whatever the fuck the requirements will be), I will at least see people I know playing the beta, and think: "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE I DESERVE THIS MORE YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT EVEN PLAY THIS IN TOURNAMENT LIKE ME"
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,305
    I always think the main factor of choosing characters should have instant speed to represent the like teleport game mechanic same way with the homing dash.

While true, seeing previous games from ASW, i think that we shouldn't writte off characters that don't use some of those mechanics or use an special version of them.
    Like how both Tager and Potemkin don't have dashes/air dashes.
    Or Mr. Heart on HnK didn't have a boost bar, which was THE defining mechanic of the game.
    Or Sho not having a Persona in P4AU.

DB has enough characters that are recognizeble to allow them to have mechanically unusual fighters.
    IF Android 19/20 make it in they could be grappler/barrier like chars that absorve energy beams to fill their bar and not have the charge ki mechanic.
    16/17/18 could work in a way that they fill their bar automatically over time, and letting the imgination go wild, they could work like Robo Ky/Hakumen, where their special moves depend of their energy bar
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited June 23
    Arcsys loves making characters that ignore universal mechanics and works within their own system. Seeing how the characters tag in with a homing dash though, I have a hard time seeing what would replace that. It also might be hard to work in a character with a strange meter like robo/hakumen, since all three characters are sharing a gauge. I could easily see them replacing the universal teleport with a character specific mechanic, however.
    jblair wrote: »
    Arcsys loves making characters that ignore universal mechanics and works within their own system. Seeing how the characters tag in with a homing dash though, I have a hard time seeing what would replace that. It also might be hard to work in a character with a strange meter like robo/hakumen, since all three characters are sharing a gauge. I could easily see them replacing the universal teleport with a character specific mechanic, however.

You are right, but i think that something like that could still work, those chars wouldnt have their own kind of metter, but the way they charge it can work differently, with 19/20 stealing energy from the oponent and 16/17/18 filling it automatically and quicker, for example.

Of ocurse, i am not saying that it will happen, but is an interesting idea that they could take from the lore of the manga/anime and implement it into the chars to make them different from the others and also add different team sinergies.

It wouldn't be the 1st DB game were they work something like that, if they did it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Is the beam absorption something they do in the lore? Idk anything about the series :|
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,183
    Android #19 and #20 absorb beams through their palms, yes.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    jblair wrote: »
    Is the beam absorption something they do in the lore? Idk anything about the series :|

They can absorb any kind of energy throw at them.
    They can also absorb it directly from their oponents if they grab them.
    Meanwhile, 16, 17 and 18 have unlimmited energy.

So in games this usually have been translated as them filling their own super bar automatically but at the cost of not having a charge ki mechanic like the rest.
    and 19 & 20 being able to enter a defense stance where they absorb anything throw at them, even supers, but at the cost of not being able to charge ki like the rest and in some ocassions only being able to charge it if they absorb it or after hitting their oponents.

In terms of gameplay i can see a character like 19 &/or20 having an assist where they absorb any energy attack in front of them for a while serving as a shield to the point character and filling the super bar at the same time.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I would almost assume arcsys will use those as mechanics then if they have already been established in the series as well as in game.
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 822
    edited June 24
    Does Dragon Ball FighterZ take a character’s power level into account? For example, could Yamcha actually beat Goku in this game?

We’re trying to balance that out with the 3v3 aspect. There may be characters that are better at assisting or supporting than fighting. It could destroy the image of Dragon Ball if, for example, a weak character could destroy Goku. Thanks to the 3v3 feature we can balance that out with the Dragon Ball universe.

So they are taking power levels into account. Hoped they didn't, it will limit characters to certain functions by design.

I don't like it. Depending on how that plays out may hurt the game a lot just to appease a small minority. I have no idea why people care about something like Power Levels which has been irrelevant since Planet Namek in the story anytime power levels have been brought up afterwards it was used to sell databooks.