MVC Infinite Lounge: WE ARE VENOM. DLC CHARACTERS LAUNCH WITH PATCH DEC 5TH

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,569
    flicky wrote: »
    Sorry that was an unfinished post... let me finish up a minute.

Yeah ASW are pure sellouts. They get the biggest break in possibly the whole of fighting game history, hype up all of this 3v3 combat of everyone's favourite classic DBZ characters, and then just go ahead and announce a tag mashup of all the games on their BB engine for them selves. They've only just added new characters to BB but they're giving players no time at all to flesh them out. How many versions of BB do you have to buy?

What a stab in the back for Bandai, everyone's under the impression that it's a main project and all this effort is going into it only 20% complete, when in reality they're making multiple games at the same time all using ideas players wanted from other games but got rejected years ago in the past. It's like Capcom exhibiting MvCi and then announcing Capcom vs Crapcom.

Too little too late. I'm off to play #R.

I don't have an interest in DBFZ so I'm glad for the existence of tag battle. I have a Arcsys tag game I'm interested in playing. If it gives me a Tager/Kanji team then it's a wrap.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,315
    Damn now I can't decide if I want Gamora or Hawkeye on that squad.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "This is my selfless devotion!" Joined: Posts: 1,872
    I was gonna rock Morrigan/Sigma, but Gamora looks really fun.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,388
    All the peeps gonna succumb to the Jedah Chedah
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,715
    I want to see Zero's hadangeki during sougenmu on time storm.
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 432
    I gotta admit Champ & Yipes acting like they didn't know Jedah was in, was fucking cringe.

Hope we get a Venom reveal on Friday. Can't wait to see what they did with him.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 522
    edited July 17
    Damn Gamora and Jedah look fun to play.

Hopefully we get a Spider-Man and Venom trailer during SDCC though.

Predictions on what comic cover Jedah might be on? Probably Thanos #10 or one of the Thor books.
    Rip sig.
    I hope they give Spidey some new tools. I always want to play him, but he's so fucking funky. You think they'd make Spider-Man a simpler character like Ryu or Cap.
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "This is my selfless devotion!" Joined: Posts: 1,872
    TWO INTERESTING GAMES BEING MADE AT ONCE? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?
    I feel bad for the people reaching to make the crossover title's announcement into a negative thing. It's a cute little one-off game that pays homage to Blazblue and ASW's modern 2D games. The concept seems interesting (just like, you know, that other 2v2 game), but I'm going to be fair and hold off on any sweeping judgements until I see more of it. I want to know the scope of the game's tag system and how the different games are meant to interact.

It's just people being petty. Just do what the rest of us do and ignore it.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited July 17
    The good thing they bring Jedah and he looks good and animates good. I understood the censor and no xmen thing yet the rest is still meh. Still need new Capcom character and it's looks like Chun will be that way permanently it's not like a mistake but rather a design choice/preference.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    I hope they give Spidey some new tools. I always want to play him, but he's so fucking funky. You think they'd make Spider-Man a simpler character like Ryu or Cap.

Actually, it was making him like Ryu (or more accurately a shoto) that ruined his style in the first place. That being said, I agree 100% that he needs a simple kit aimed at creating that wallcrawling, web shooting, spider-sensing vibe that draws everyone to the character. I really want them to start from scratch, but realistically I would be fine with enough tweaks for him to be able to use his mobility in ways other non-flying characters can't. At least make him move differently than, say, Spencer....
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,631
    When you realize you might be able to play jedah and anime jedah in two new games

uniel-exs-carmine.png

i'm sayingggggg!!!! lol. glad someone else noticed too
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    When you realize you're gonna have to wreck a dude's shit.

Delete this!

This character has been the bane of my existence since I started playing UNIEL!
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Genistar wrote: »
    willseless wrote: »
    "I don't wanna speak about the obvious, but Chun-li looks like she got a nice little facelift"
    TzfE11x.jpg
    Really?

Gamora is about to kill chun for being ugly

Nothing a little more CHROMATIC ABERRATION can't fix.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    edited July 17
    Abigail reveal for SF5. Seems like psychojosh should be creaming himself about now.

When's beta?
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,363 mod
    Abigail is cool. Capcom sucks cuz that's all they wanna show at Evo.

But Ono gave me Jedah so all is forgiven. Sell the crack Combofiend

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Abigail is cool. Capcom sucks cuz that's all they wanna show at Evo.

But Ono gave me Jedah so all is forgiven. Sell the crack Combofiend

If you were to actually think about it, these drugs are just functions. You're just plugging them into your brain. MvCI, case and point, is a favorite because it has eight-way dash and it's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is air dash and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, DBFZ can do the same thing, BBCTB can do the same thing. UMvC3 can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

None of them have Jedah.

Jin's thirst for Jedah transcends all functions.
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Saitsu wrote: »
    I gotta admit Champ & Yipes acting like they didn't know Jedah was in, was fucking cringe.

Hope we get a Venom reveal on Friday. Can't wait to see what they did with him.

I believe Yipes may not have known for certain.

Champ had the fucking Character Select in front of him though.

I'm pretty sure Yipes is in the know. I low key hope Yipes constantly mentioning Asura means Asura's in. I know Champ kept going on about Dormy before he was leaked.
    KiyaaKing wrote: »

Actually, it was making him like Ryu (or more accurately a shoto) that ruined his style in the first place. That being said, I agree 100% that he needs a simple kit aimed at creating that wallcrawling, web shooting, spider-sensing vibe that draws everyone to the character. I really want them to start from scratch, but realistically I would be fine with enough tweaks for him to be able to use his mobility in ways other non-flying characters can't. At least make him move differently than, say, Spencer....

Yeah a total redesign would be perfect for Spidey, but I don't think it'll happen. If it didn't happen for Iron Man, it won't happen for Spidey. IM looks significantly better though, so hopefully Spidey will as well.
  • johnnydojohnnydo Joined: Posts: 298
    calling it now:

another Story trailer followed with a Gamora/Jedah/Dormammu/Firebrand gameplay trailer for Comic Con this week
    I'm a stoopid 09'er who's never played a fighting game in his life. Judge me harshly.

"We have a shitload of fighters on the market, and the best way to show our discernment is to penetrate the hype with negativity. Dark Stalkers 4 will happen. Guilty Gear will get its sequel. Other franchises may be resurrected off of fg's current popularity. And we will hate them all, admiring MVC2 and Guilty Gear AC like museum pieces" - Robo-mitsu GGPO: Manchild2
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,140
    I dont understand why they couldn't do what they did to Jedah, to the other characters. Aside from changing him to have grape jelly blood, he looks like he should.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    So getting a hype character in a very not hype system with gimped source material is now hype?

Like how can you even support what Capcom is throwing out there when the lineup of fighting games late 2017 early 18 is SLAUGHTERING what Capcom is putting out?

It's not even fair how good these non-Capcom titles are shaping up to be.

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,363 mod
    edited July 17
    I dont understand why they couldn't do what they did to Jedah, to the other characters. Aside from changing him to have grape jelly blood, he looks like he should.

Back in 97/98 when I was a kid he also had grape jelly blood on the PSX version so that doesn't bother me much. It's an inevitable right of passage in an era where Guilty Gear doesn't have blood anymore.

PSX Guilty Gear 1 used to be gritty, filled with blood and was teen rated. Surprising that that got through when Jedah got censored. Now Guilty Gear has this almost pokemon episode art style to the characters now. Sol doesn't look menacing like he used to. Especially not with his new baggy Elvis pants. He fits the new, clean era of anime visuals.

Outside of that issue like said, I think he's done really well visually and I think most will be content with his look. He was the character they needed to hit the mark on visually and they passed with flying colors it seems.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,116
    So getting a hype character in a very not hype system with gimped source material is now hype?

Like how can you even support what Capcom is throwing out there when the lineup of fighting games late 2017 early 18 is SLAUGHTERING what Capcom is putting out?

It's not even fair how good these non-Capcom titles are shaping up to be.

Because Capcom had the fortune of NOT releasing MvCI in that window. IF they had, it probably wouldn't even break 250K in sales.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 886
    edited July 17
    At the minute DBZF looks fun but basic and so won't keep me playing unless I'm having a laugh with friends. (Based on what I've seen, hoping it will change)
    BlazBlue Tag will be fun and should be good but it's not going to be that big. The games that are crossing over aren't exactly popular. People tend to watch them more than play them I don't see that changing when it's Animex4. There will be a shit load of people proclaiming this game to be the saviour of team based games but won't play it for more than 2 hours because they can't play anime games. (Also won't someone please complain about the reused animations? I was told fighting games weren't allowed to recycle shit in 2017, let alone entire characters)
    MvCi has gameplay and characters I want to play despite the mountain of bad press and worse marketing because the game looks good. Plus no other company have provided a replacement to my Strider Function.

I find it hilarious that right now if you try and talk about issues you potentially have with DBZ/BB:Tag, you get called a Capcom shill or a retard but at least 50% of the comments I've seen about those games are how they're so much better than MvCi. Maybe I'm just old but when I get hype for a game, it's for that game, not for it just to beat another game. Funniest thing about that being that we all know around half the people talking shit will actually put their money down anyways.

I want all these games to do well but apparently that's a taboo opinion. Apparently you can't want everything to succeed so - Fuck Smash.
    where the villians at though?
    looking back at it now either gamora wall jumps or its just how her special makes her look.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    edited July 17
    Just watched Umvc3 grand finals (GMT and busy day). RyanLV did it.

Still... with how they remodeled the character select screen for Infinite, could it mean the base roster could have a lot more characters than originally anticipated? I was expecting 24+6 dlc. But along with the roster leaks, I'm expecting about 35 including dlc.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.