Ask a cop thread.

Comments

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,877
    From what I heard once on Donut Operator's channel, a lot of the militarized stuff is surplus and sold for cheap. Things like APCs can be used by SWAT as both transport or cover, as an example.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,431
    AHVB_ wrote: »
    Also would you not want the police to proactively seek out stolen cars?

Does your department use license-plate readers? If so what's your data-retention policy.
    New Jersey
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    @pedoviejo
    Armored vehicles are tools that keep officers safe in the event of a mass shooting, an armed barricaded situation etc. you never know when or where the next one will occur so it's good to have it. That includes small towns.

I cant account for what some of the million+ police offers do around the country since I wasn't there and the event you posted regarding the dog (as far as I know) wasn't investigated. There are two sides to every story, and you have to listen to the other side to make a determination.

What I can say is that where I work we're trained to try and de escalate or get the person to voluntarily comply before using force, but a lot of the time situation escalates and we have to use force.

In regards to dogs, generally speaking, if a large pit bull suddenly runs towards you when you enter a home, you have a split second to decide if you're going to Shoot it, or wait to see if it's friendly.

The question about mental health is way above my pay grade.

Where I work there is lots of accountability and cops who do shady things eventually get weeded out one way or another.

I wish I had more extensive answers for you but reality is that I can't account for what Joe cop does 2,000 miles away from me. Every department is different.
    @Icy
    Yes. And I don't know how long they're kept.
    @Raz0r

Police officer academies have varying but generally tough physical standards.

You see a lot of big cops because of the severe stress, sleep deprivation, crazy schedule and long hours that come with this job. All of those make you gain weight more than the average person.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Lil B Was Right Joined: Posts: 22,640
    I had more pertinent questions but really just waiting on any interesting good stories already.

Every answer = "YOU PEOPLE"

What seems to be the boggle of 2 seconds ago it was your fellow citizens of SRK
    NickRocks wrote: »
    he joined two years ago but calls himself AHVB, obv a fraud :coffee:

he prob thinks when you ask him if he plays cable that play is a typo

boutta be like "yeah bro i have auto pay, why?"

ATTEMPTED HOMOCIDE
    VEHICLE BUSTA UNDERSCORE

always huffing vagina blasts

acting hard via barstool

ass hole videogame buyer!

If you went to EVO and had to arrest a smasherfurry justinweaber kayopolicephotobook buying squealer, how would that be accomplished without staining your clothes and gear with their smells forever?

the real questions need answers
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    @Raij1n

6 button layout.
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,431
    @Icy
    Yes. And I don't know how long they're kept.

Can you ask?
    New Jersey
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,461
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You are a humorless twat, man.

He's a cop.

Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

Seriously all cops are bastards.
    The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.
    All those drug department and street cops are filth and worse than the mafia.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What insights do you have about Oklahoma's law enforcement?
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Ephidel wrote: »
    What insights do you have about Oklahoma's law enforcement?

None whatsoever.
    edited July 15
    You're a Broncos fan? I don't think I want to ask you shit.

It's okay, our rings will do the talking. Maybe your team can learn a thing or two about winning from us.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Are you a white cop?

He's def is. Prob calls minorities "subhumans" over the radio.

who the fuck is robert mayne?!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848

He's a cop.

Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.

Sounds like youre just that asshole who always has to say something.

Glad your burgers got cold

This is really a case of, he didn't do nothin'
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Real question time, during a traffic stop, what determines whether you issue a warning or a citation? There are times where I've been caught doing stupid stuff and got a warning and doing just barely over the limit and got a citation. I've never given much credence to the "quota" idea.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    pedoviejo wrote: »

He's a cop.

This is really a case of, he didn't do nothin'

What the fuck does this even mean?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,912

He's a cop.

If I was the officer I would lock the guy and his friends up. Only reason the other cop didn't arrested them was the fact he didn't want to deal with the paper work.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,461
    You guys are dumb bitches.
    I made a joke, because he made a joke.

You guys probably have cops for parents or some shit. I don't even know how else anyone could sympathize with scum like that.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,493
    Darksakul wrote: »
    If I was the officer I would lock the guy and his friends up. Only reason the other cop didn't arrested them was the fact he didn't want to deal with the paper work.

I see u trying to earn some brownie points. U wanna be his ride along partner or some shit?

NeoBlood wrote: »
    Real question time, during a traffic stop, what determines whether you issue a warning or a citation? There are times where I've been caught doing stupid stuff and got a warning and doing just barely over the limit and got a citation. I've never given much credence to the "quota" idea.

I give discretion to issue a warning rather than a citation on a case to case basis. For example if I stop someone for speeding, and they have numerous citations in the past for other infractions, more often than not they'll get a ticket rather than a warning.

if i encounter someone who is respectful, honest and just made a mistake, then usually I'll use my discretion and let them off with a warning.

But at the same time you can't let every nice person off with just a warning because if you do, people will take advantage and drive recklessly.

On the issue of so called "quotas", like in any other job you're expected to work. If you work in a high crime area and all of your coworkers are bringing in summonses and arrests because the area is crime infested, and you're bringing in nothing, then your supervisors are not wrong in having a talk with you because it looks like you're not doing your job.
    You guys are dumb bitches.
    I made a joke, because he made a joke.

You guys probably have cops for parents or some shit. I don't even know how else anyone could sympathize with scum like that.

You were stupid and should of keep your mouth shut instead of joking with a Cop like that.
    They have to take such statements at face value and have to assume you are really hiding shit.

• MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @BBQ If you feel that a ticket was given to you for a fabricated reason then you can make your case in traffic court. If you violated no laws, you will win.
    That's a cop out.

Sorry.

But seriously.

Most people can't come to traffic court because they can't take time off work. If the officer shows up, it will almost certainly be lost wages + fee because they were more than likely speeding, even if it's with the flow of traffic. Also quite possible their manager won't even give them time off.

Even if the alleged shows up, the officer's words are taken at face value, because they are trained to take good notes. It's difficult to argue with that unless there's some kind of video evidence.

Speaking of that particular case, BBQ said the officer was following him for a long time. Wouldn't the police car's video equipment show that he was or wasn't doing anything in particular different from the rest of traffic? Is it easy for an alleged person to gain access to the video ahead of a trial (in your area)? Would that not matter though, because the simple answer is, "you were speeding"?

If what BBQ alleges is true, then perhaps the officer was rude as well and may have indicated something by the way the officer said about a person who drives a motorcycle?
    That could be resolved with a body cam. So on that note. Do you wear a body cam? Do you keep it on virtually the entire time you are on duty, exceptions for bathroom breaks and when shoving a dozen donuts down the gullet (sorry again for the awful cop joke)?

In a particular case of "going the flow of traffic" while everyone is speeding, why is it OK, legally speaking, for a police officer to pull over one person? What's the burden of proof to show that a person has been singled out? Is it just shit luck when a person is pulled over when everyone is speeding?
    MCP wrote: »
    Most people can't come to traffic court because

I going to stop you right there, couple of things you need to know how the real world works.

1. No employer can stop you from having to take a day off to go to court. Regardless if it's some sort of violation or Jury Duty.
    Only Exception to this is Some Federal Government Employment such as the military (with Jury Duty), and they have their own rules to follow.

2. Not every state gives you the choice, depending on the violation and the state you are in you are Required to show up, even for a minor traffic violation and failure to do so will mean your arrest.

Even if the alleged shows up, the officer's words are taken at face value, because they are trained to take good notes. It's difficult to argue with that unless there's some kind of video evidence.
    Not true, a good judge hears out both sides of the case, evaluates each side before making a judgement.
    because [the police] are trained to take good notes
    LOL, that does not mean they actually take good notes or even mean anything. And if those notes are not in the official reports it means nothing.
    In a particular case of "going the flow of traffic" while everyone is speeding, why is it OK, legally speaking, for a police officer to pull over one person?
    When this happens its usually the one person doing 75 in a 55 zone and everyone else is doing 90. It's easier to catch that "Slower" speeder.
    What's the burden of proof to show that a person has been singled out?
    In most states it does not matter, the court can care less what the other drivers are doing even if all of the other drivers are breaking the same law.
    What matters is you are the one who got caught.