The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

Comments

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,224
    Whoa a Smash player being a manchild..................
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,121
    Neclord wrote: »

it's like he's 12 and not 18. who did he let down? he needed to lose so that he can gain some perspective because he's lacking it. he'll be stronger if he knows how to deal with losses and that at the end of the day, he's playing a video game.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,750
    Neclord wrote: »
    Bonchan Senpai talking to Punk after his tweet:

it's like he's 12 and not 18. who did he let down? he needed to lose so that he can gain some perspective because he's lacking it. he'll be stronger if he knows how to deal with losses and that at the end of the day, he's playing a video game.

A lot of people had him pegged to take EVO, being the first American to do so for SF4/SFV. The whole time I was listening to the commentators like "you guys REALLY aren't helping".
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 163
    Genistar wrote: »
    I'm suprised that people did not know that akuma's mk could be used in footsies.

I'm a mid-level player and even I saw that day one.
    PSN: KolbeSgf

T7: Feng, Jin, maybe someone else
    GG Rev2: Ky
    SFV: Ryu
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,914
    It's possible that CC just gave everyone a "super jump" against him.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,567
    If you can jump over standing Abigail the character will be ruined.

Armored Car Fuerte is cool and all, but the idea of fighting a character that can actually keep every step he takes is very interesting, especially since he has an armored run. Maybe rookies will finally learn to fight on the ground.

Well, ruined is a bit of an exaggeration, since he does have that Maple Leaf Mohawk.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,084
    I was pretty surprised watching Akuma play footsies with Zangief... That shit was full homo.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,520
    Nah, not being able to jump over a character is fucking stupid.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,244 mod
    I just wanna know how funny it's going to look when people jump through his head with the life bars and everything.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 313
    IglooBob wrote: »
    Can we please ban pre match handshakes and post match hugs? Might as well be making out jesus christ

So no sportsmanship allowed?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,515
    Birdie is already stupid big so I guess not to far gone for stuff to work on Ab design wise isn't too too crazy.
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,012
    I think Abigail would've been received well if his story alt was the default. Covers the hideous face, corrects the ridiculous proportions, and i feel like the mask would make his child like mannerisms seem more creepy rather than idiotic. His default has an ugly model and a lame design aside from the maple leaf hair lmao.
    Can my anti air please not trade
    Not sure why everyone is freaking the fuck out over Abigail. This isn't the first time Capcom has added boss characters from Final Fight to Street Fighter games. Their names are Rolento and Sodom. This guy looks mad hype and I can't wait to try him, but I'm sure absolutely none of you will complain when they reveal Rose's apprentice. How dare Capcom add a Canadian fighter to SF, and how dare them try something new!

Waifu Egyptian is going to have all kinds of deviant art and shit. I doubt anyone has drawn anything for Abigail yet

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

ribu wrote: »
    Birdie is already stupid big so I guess not to far gone for stuff to work on Ab design wise isn't too too crazy.

Uh, you mean FANG is already stupid big, seeing as how he's currently the tallest character in the game at 7'3". Learn your shit, breg.
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,448
    Do you guys know what SF5 truly needs ? It needs the biggest cross over that needed to happen. It needs Blaze Fielding. I would pay up to 15$ for her to be in this game.

Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
    amrraed wrote: »
    Do you guys know what SF5 truly needs ? It needs the biggest cross over that needed to happen. It needs Blaze Fielding. I would pay up to 15$ for her to be in this game.

Who?
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone is freaking the fuck out over Abigail. This isn't the first time Capcom has added boss characters from Final Fight to Street Fighter games. Their names are Rolento and Sodom. This guy looks mad hype and I can't wait to try him, but I'm sure absolutely none of you will complain when they reveal Rose's apprentice. How dare Capcom add a Canadian fighter to SF, and how dare them try something new!

No one's freaking out cause they're adding a characters from " final fight. " They're freaking out cause he looks fucking awful.

Mark my words. He's going to start looking good by WSO on Tuesday

• YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,012
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Same shit that happens every time a goofball character gets revealed. If it ain't a badass or edgy character people scoff at it til they warm up to it.

People bitched about Rufus and Hakan too IIRC.
    Don't forget waifus! Those are the 3 interchangeable criteria to unanimous approval: Badass, edgy, waifu
    Anything that dares to tread beyond that territory is automatically hated universally.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,615
    edited July 17
    Matt Edwards says that Aby does indeed have more HP than Gief. So we are looking at 1100 or potentially 1200 as LPN claims.

Where was this claim made by LPN?
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,448

Who?

Ever heard of Streets of Rage ?

It was basically either Streets of Rage or final fight back then. SOR was the ultimate waifu, SOR vs FF needed to happen.She will be a perfect guest IMO.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,977
    edited July 17
    Genistar wrote: »
    I'm suprised that people did not know that akuma's mk could be used in footsies.

I think most people knew. The dudes on commentary always say the dumbest shit, probably on purpose sometimes to appeal to beginners/non player and to hype stuff up.

That's like when Momochi with Ken confirms cr.mp into CA and they all go nuts like it's "the Momochi special". That shit is the easiest Ken one hit confirm. b.mp which Momochi can confirm 9.5/10 times is harder than this.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,461
    edited July 17
    Why are people surprised about James Chen crying?
    I've been watching EVO for 5 years now and I haven't seen a single EVO yet where James and Seth are not crying.
    Kinda disappointed in Seth not being there for the people and casting on ESPN though.

They really fucking love fighting games and seeing them grow.
    Means so much to them.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Paging @Hecatom 's av
  • YorKeYYorKeY Tilt Mode [ON] The MvCI shill. Joined: Posts: 7,095
    edited July 17
    1. Rufus doesn't look nearly as bad as Abigail.
    2. Sure you can argue that he's gonna be " hype " come WSO, NLBC, or WNF, but doesn't mean he's not awful, of course a character who takes up half the screen with his wacky nonsense is gonna be hype, cause it's gonna be funny to look at. I don't think anyone is gonna get tired of seeing Mika stunner him, and only get to his waist or seeing Mika spin him around in her command grab raibow throw like Goku throwing Recoome.

@DevilJin 01
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,341
    YorKeY wrote: »

No one's freaking out cause they're adding a characters from " final fight. " They're freaking out cause he looks fucking awful.

The fuck do you want him to look like?

c30975fd604a7157cbd6f20bb9fe94de.png

Can't have no goofy characters in my SF! I bet the people complaining about Abigail are the same fucks that would want Dan in the game.

Why would one ever want a body like that? I can't see the point.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Tilt Mode [ON] The MvCI shill. Joined: Posts: 7,095
    edited July 17
    It's cause they have a mental illness, you know how some people can't properly assess how good they are at something, so they show up to American Idol thinking they have a chance to win it all despite being horrible? Dunning Kruger Syndrome is what you would call that, a cognitive bias.

This would also be some type of cognitive bias, people who have bodies like that can't tell when they've done too much, they see something totally different than the average person when looking in the mirror at themselves. It could even stem from insecurity, maybe they were a small kid that got picked on in elementary, middle school, and even high school, so they felt like they were tired of being small, so they just look down at their chest from a first person perspective and see a big powerful untouchable (unbullyable) hulk, so they find security in that, it could be anything really.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

I hate how you guys are just ignoring the fact that he looks like shit on a professional level. Rufus and Hakan's models matched the quality of the game they were in.

That may be true, but I've already seen people say before MvCI Chun's face lift that she was starting to look better or she didn't look as bad. SFIV isn't really a great comparison since that game had things like Gief having muscles in areas of his body that don't anatomically have muscles.

This discussion has been closed.