The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,713
    You wrote: »
    looks like he's splashing around sewer water
    He probably just swam across the bay behind his stage.

Of course, the water in New York might as well be sewer water.
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 167
    If we really have to have this loathsome waste in the game, they should at least make his head more proportional to his body.

I know this is supposed to be the story thread, but good god man. I disliked Tekken for the longest time, but the top level play shown at EVO really makes me want Tekken 7. They put in a LOT of work to make things appealing. And announcing GEESE HOWARD was just icing on the cake. Meanwhile, this is what Capcom does to appeal to people?
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 167
    The Ono part is so painfully accurate, good lord
    First male Darkstalkers character in Marvel!
    Anakaris was in MvC2.
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 420
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    First male Darkstalkers character in Marvel!
    Anakaris was in MvC2.

First male Darkstalkers character in Marvel that '09ers can remember!
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • Master CocoMaster Coco Joined: Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was hyped for Abigail based on the rumors but yeah....bit let down by his implementation. His physique doesnt have any basis in reality. Unlike Hugo who has a strongman body shape (exaggerated of course). He isn't a complete failure but damn he could have been a lot better.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited July 17
    I was hyped for Abigail based on the rumors but yeah....bit let down by his implementation. His physique doesnt have any basis in reality. Unlike Hugo who has a strongman body shape (exaggerated of course). He isn't a complete failure but damn he could have been a lot better.

It was really hype so much too that everyone was riding the hype, The thing is no one was really into Abigail from the start. I was expecting slightly taller than Hugo which should have been better and probably be usable in future game iteration.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 951
    ProRap500 wrote: »
    Abigail.jpg?h=f4c066bc09fce52bc2c0258a3df3dc75

they whitewashed Abigail, he was originally black

giphy.gif
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • ProRap500ProRap500 Joined: Posts: 149
    what are the chances that Capcom will cancel Abigail's release based on the negative reception

I hope not, i really want to try him out
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited July 18
    Too bad he won't be a reusable character, I just hope despite his height other character functionality when fighting him are still working decently from jumping so that he would never go into waste and just end up banned.

They should have tweak his standing posture and make him hunch the standing posture, it's like Capcom just want to say his was taller and huge the rest it was meh design choice.

If you would look closely after his release he was Capcom's failed attempt trying to have their Guity Gear's Potemkin which was obvious.

big-animated.gifabobo-normalstance.gif

potemkin-x2-reload-artwork.jpg

and Abobo

maxresdefault.jpg

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters

anakaris-darkstalkers-the-night-warriors-9.76.jpg
    You made my main (and god) cry, you little shit. Just for that, I'm going to curse the dolls back into their REAL forms.
    1474664860_4315.jpg
    ALL HAIL THE PHARAOH!

NO! NOT THE DOLLS! NOT FEVRIER AND DECAPRE!

Forgive me my pharaoh, it was Yipes that led me astray and fooled me with falsities about Jedah being the first male Darkstalkers character in Marvel during his commentary at EVO.

Then again, he also said that Chun's face looked better in that demo version (it wasn't), so I'm led to believe that he was more greased than training stage after a tense Hakan mirror in SFIV during that commentary.
    Now that I think of it, has anyone ever confirmed Anakaris gender?

Don't tell me we're just assuming his/her/its/xor gender!
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990
    @Cestus yup those are definite improvements. As always, your work is superior.

Honestly, he fails so overwhelmingly in animation. It's not just character design where the art can fix it. The core approach to how he moves and attack is totally borked on a fundamental level.

I immediately thought of Abobo when seeing him and Potemkin as well. @The_Shakunetsu is 100% right with those comparisons. And both those characters are WAY better in execution.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    edited July 18
    Thanks man, If they hunch him, his wacky upper body proportion would have been at least justified a bit in a sensible way of moving.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

ProRap500 wrote: »
    they whitewashed Abigail, he was originally black
    I know that's a joke, but goddamn, that design is SO much better than the one they gave us.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,187

anakaris-darkstalkers-the-night-warriors-9.76.jpg
    You made my main (and god) cry, you little shit. Just for that, I'm going to curse the dolls back into their REAL forms.
    1474664860_4315.jpg
    ALL HAIL THE PHARAOH!

NO! NOT THE DOLLS! NOT FEVRIER AND DECAPRE!

Forgive me my pharaoh, it was Yipes that led me astray and fooled me with falsities about Jedah being the first male Darkstalkers character in Marvel during his commentary at EVO.

Then again, he also said that Chun's face looked better in that demo version (it wasn't), so I'm led to believe that he was more greased than training stage after a tense Hakan mirror in SFIV during that commentary.
    Now that I think of it, has anyone ever confirmed Anakaris gender?

Don't tell me we're just assuming his/her/its/xor gender!

You have seen the error of your ways, and the deception of your false prophet. This pleases Anakaris. You may enter the True Kingdom now.
    As for the dolls, they have been restored and freed from Bison's control. Psycho Power is meaningless to one who sails across space and time.
    the_dolls_by_robaato-dapcdbu.png
    Now, if you will excuse me, I must attend to the traitor in my midst.
    Darkstalkers_Jedah_transforms.png
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited July 18
    Abigail's CFN page is up: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/abg

He has a move called "Vroom Vroom" and another "Bang Bang", how can you hate such tender innocence like this?
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,747
    Abigail's CFN page is up: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/abg

He has a move called "Vroom Vroom" and another "Bang Bang", how can you hate such tender innocence like this?

Plus he has an "Ontario Special" that's double rep for me lol (Wonders if he'll say "let's go for a rip, eh?"

On a more serious, story note. I'm wondering if there's a bigger reason behind his truck being stolen. Dude looks like a guy you wouldn't mess with. I'm wondering if it's an old Mad Gear "buddy" intentionally trying to rile him up and take him away from the peaceful life to kickstart a revival?

I initially thought he was gonna have a goofy story, but with Zeku rumoured as being next, something's going down.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    edited July 18
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    On a more serious, story note. I'm wondering if there's a bigger reason behind his truck being stolen.

It's probably just Gill telling people again to rob other people's cars for no reason, like he did with Dudley.

What are the Illuminati doing with all these cars anyway?
    His Nitro special is the one that interest me

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

These Canada jokes are completely flying over my European head.
    Abigail makes me thought of this Ryu ending

biredie.JPG
    ^
    ^
    Was that even to represent Birdie? ^^^^

and it makes me think of SF alpha movie... birdie

if they hunch him a bit he had been interesting representation... if they would bring him to future franchise iteration they should hunch him like movie birdie, potemkin and abubo that would have justified his upperbody proportion.

hqdefault.jpg

DanandBirdie.jpg

Yet still makes me hope for a future steroid character like Bane in Batman

and Rosanov

Rosanof+II+Street+Fighter+Alpha+The+Animation.jpg

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,990

Mine was technically a wrestling joke
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • MiðgarðsormMiðgarðsorm Linguist, translator, et cetera Joined: Posts: 767
    YagamiFire wrote: »

Mine was technically a wrestling joke

Jericho, eh? :lol:

So Abigail's FF throw is called Bay Area Sunrise. Nice to know that, after 28 years.
    »Ich heiße Bastian«, sagte der Junge, »Bastian Balthasar Bux.«
    »Ziemlich kurioser Name«, knurrte der Mann, »mit diesen drei B’s.
    Na ja, dafür kannst du nichts, hast ihn dir ja nicht selbst gegeben. Ich
    heiße Karl Konrad Koreander.«
    »Das sind drei K’s«, sagte der Junge ernst.
    »Hm«, brummte der Alte, »stimmt!«

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
    YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
    "So we can believe the big ones?"
    YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
    "They're not the same at all!"
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    "Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,348
    edited July 18
    So I just noticed something:
    Abigail's Vroom Vroom
    Laura To Akuma: "Teach me that move that goes "VWOOM"! I promise I'll put a Matsuda-style twist on it!"

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom originally meant for this Laura quote to be directed towards Abigail, but just decided to make it an Akuma one instead.

Random.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited July 18
    It's probably just Gill telling people again to rob other people's cars for no reason, like he did with Dudley.
    Pretty sure Dudley's father's car wasn't stolen. I believe he either had to sell it, or lost it gambling or something of that nature, and then Gill acquired it.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,980
    Abigail had 1100 Stamina. He also has 20 points combined on his pie chart. 5 health, 5 power, 5 range, 1 mobility, and 4 technique.
    edited July 18
    Abigail had 1100 Stamina. He also has 20 points combined on his pie chart. 5 health, 5 power, 5 range, 1 mobility, and 4 technique.

Abigail confirmed as strong as Akuma and stronger than Bison.

Also, pie charts confirmed as completely bonkers.

(Frankly I always thought of them as some weird chart that combined perceived story strength with gameplay elements)
    So I just noticed something:
    Abigail's Vroom Vroom
    Laura To Akuma: "Teach me that move that goes "VWOOM"! I promise I'll put a Matsuda-style twist on it!"

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom originally meant for this Laura quote to be directed towards Abigail, but just decided to make it an Akuma one instead.

Random.

I think Laura is referencing the sound Akuma does when he teleports and moves toward his opponent during the Raging Demon animation.
    You know, the "whooosh" sound. Now, Laura with a Raging Demon? That's a scary thought.

Also, I have a question:
    WHY IS "ONTARIO DROP" FUNNY!?
    All the people I've seen on the internet are apparently amused by that name, I don't get it! I don't know shit about Canada jokes!
    Post edited by Phantom_Miria on
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,747
    Abigail really doesn't bother me at all. While he was far from the best character announced at EVO, in terms of being playable in fighting games, he was only one of two new characters announced. We already know what the salaryman turned sentai, the Prince of the Prince of all Saiyans and ruthless Southtown businessman can do. For me, there still is a fair amount of anticipation for how this big lummox plays.

Speaking of, Abigail was always perceived to being all brawn and very little brain. He was always going to be that hulking wall that stopped Cody, Guy, and Haggar of finally saving Jessica. So while his over-exaggerated design and butt tires are a bit off putting, the character himself is going to be interesting in combat. Sometimes you need an ugly character to shake up the roster.

That's my deal too. While I understand why people are upset, I've been interested in seeing all the new S2 characters and what I saw interested me. I'd love it if they added more weight to his attacks and movements.

On a design element standpoint, I'm not an artist, so I'm not going to be as eloquent as the others, but I dig ugly characters. When I used to draw and (briefly) mess around with 3d rendering and sculpting progs, I dug making monsters and exaggerated ugly chars. So him being so over-the-top and ridiculous is entertaining to me and I'd love to try him out.

Also, if his personality, interactions and story elements are fun, that'll be even more of a plus to me.

Mt tl;dr of this: I get why people are upset, but I'm having a good time with what I've seen so far and the Canada stuff is just a bit of icing on the Timbits cake. Plus, if the info I just saw this morning is true, then an old colleague of mine may be voicing him in English (go, dude, go!).
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,348
    edited July 18
    I'm another who isn't really disappointed. I was expecting Abigail to just be a big dumb guy with ridiculous proportions and he ended up being more ridiculous than I imagined. It really comes down to timing. In the face of everything that was revealed (Geese for Tekken 7, Blazblue x Tag Fighter, Trunks for DBFZ, Jedah for Marvel) on the same day, it looks terribly mediocre. Alone, it's just whatever. Even though I don't really play all that much nowadays, I'm still interested in exploring what he brings to the table and going from there. Above all else, seeing how he interacts with the cast is what I'm most looking forward to.

I've just learned to temper my expectations when it comes to SFV and games in general nowadays.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo