Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,432
edited July 23 in Fighting Game Discussion
Post edited by Monkey66 on

Comments

• ES_CurseES_Curse PRAISE BE Joined: Posts: 8,193
    Hmm, I wonder if they're going to put any Guilty Gear characters in this? GGXX sprites might be a bit too incongruous, but I can see Sol Badguy making it in even if they have to make a brand new sprite.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    Lol, gotta let everyone know who is involved. I like the idea of this game as there were some character designs in UNIB that I thought were cool, but I never got a chance to own/play that game. Though with the significant differences in the core mechanics between games, I wonder how they will manage to integrate them all without breaking anything.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    While they are it, they should add some reps from Arcana Heart and DaemonBride.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,586
    Wonder if they'll add a groove like system to allow certain mechanics from each game to be in different grooves
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,432
    edited July 17
    What's with this ridiculous thread name? The game has a proper title.

No one payed attention to it before, so it'll stay like this for a bit to get some views B)
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,780
    Hecatom wrote: »
    While they are it, they should add some reps from Arcana Heart and DaemonBride.

Give me Ryougi Shiki and I'll instacum. Linne is close but no cigar.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im not against a game being clusterfucky as that can see be fun. But how are you gonna have this with out GG? You have all the AC sprites. Its to easy not to do.. Dont give me a stupid reason like its not HD enough either. Theres AC+R, for ps3 etc and that looks fine scaled slightly up. Its certainly not as bad as something like the random sprites in cvs... Plus lets be honest, BB, and persona do not animate as well as GG does in the first place. If anything in birth characters are going to look the best.

Anyway neat and random. But really huge ball drop by not having GG.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,582
    edited July 17
    I would love to see a rep from Kunio-kun.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,051
    edited July 17
    RIP Capcpom.

Akihiko + Azrael Day fucking One
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Tager X Waldstein X Kanji.
    Any combination with those 3 would be heally hype.
    BTW, is it me, or does this game have a free tag mechanic?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    This game is literally going after Infinite's throat. What's funny is that this game was likely in development at the same time as Infinite, without either company knowing their games were a thing until reveals.

That's delicious.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Too lazy to photoshop them running side by side. Team best girls.
    uJ0z1.gif C97b4Xx.gif

Also not as optimistic as to expect Makoto to be 100% in, but we'll work with what we get.

edited July 17
    Something I discussed before: remember that this game is pulling resources (sprites) from other games, meaning spriting and animation work is pretty much already near completion, or already completed for anything new that needs to be added. That means that this game is becoming the very same thing MvC2 was, but without being a golden piece of shit.

It's very possible each side could have 8+ characters each, and that's already over 30 immediately.

What's unfortunate is since RWBY characters have no spritework before this, they ALL need new spriting, and that means it could lessen things depending on their development schedule, though I doubt that since it means more workload went to their sprites than everyone else.

I wouldn't mind if RWBY side had less characters than the other series' just so we can have a lot of characters immediately, but we'll see.
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,432
    edited July 17
    RWBY teams

Hopefully Reese makes it
    5841a667dd057632a90afc2839a3bb0d.png

Some fighting examples:

Post edited by Monkey66 on
    At least the main four will be there.
    Wait wait wait I know what I want now
    latest?cb=20161019120815latest?cb=20141208100734
  • JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 114
    Super excited to see what comes of this game. A tag concept with all the different Drives and gauges... too sweet. Endless possibilities.

I can honestly see Grooves / Modes being a system mechanic. I wonder if they'll do Netsu (like TTT), since there is so much lore in the games included, but probably not?
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,149
    If Akatsuki is in I'm in.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 780
    Monkey66 wrote: »

Some fighting examples

It's always good to have more characters and stuff in a crossover game, but man those videos look...kinda awful to me.

Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    Wonder if they'll add a groove like system to allow certain mechanics from each game to be in different grooves

I'd enjoy that.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,285
    Tsubaki vs Pyrrha let's go
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,582
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    What's with this ridiculous thread name? The game has a proper title.

No one payed attention to it before, so it'll stay like this for a bit to get some views B)

It wouldn't help anyway. All the games that's crossing over are niche. The people who know of the game are already aware of what it is. It's still preferable to use the game's proper name in the thread title.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,376 mod
    Keep the thread title. Such a mouthful it's hilarious.

You know a game is Super Saiyan Anime when it has American anime in it. This much anime only true weebs and the Japanese will be able to handle.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Should have been Hunie Pop instead, to be honest.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    The reason why I'm excited for this game because it could be a Capcom Fighting Jam done right. If they can find a way to properly mesh all of the unique and central fighting game mechanics from each series and have them all be cohesive, it'll be awesome. An example is that Persona and BB outright have air dashes while UNIEL's is more along the lines of a mini hop. I wouldn't want them to change the latter because it's unique to UNIEL but how can they offset that from one another. Whatever the case may be, I'm excited.
    Leon63 wrote: »

God, can you imagine how it would sound to do a combo on one of them?
  • faiyezfaiyez Notorious Heretic Joined: Posts: 197
    edited July 18
    This an arcade game, right? Or not?

Infuriating that the question need to be asked these days.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,993
    faiyez wrote: »
    This an arcade game, right? Or not?

Infuriating that the question need to be asked these days.

No one knows. No platform announced yet. Hopefully PC won't be left behind.

I can't decide on a single duo to main. Dang. I definitely want to use Terumi and Akihiko, but both on the same team would be suicide.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,754

Im not against a game being clusterfucky as that can see be fun. But how are you gonna have this with out GG? You have all the AC sprites. Its to easy not to do.. Dont give me a stupid reason like its not HD enough either. Theres AC+R, for ps3 etc and that looks fine scaled slightly up. Its certainly not as bad as something like the random sprites in cvs... Plus lets be honest, BB, and persona do not animate as well as GG does in the first place. If anything in birth characters are going to look the best.

Anyway neat and random. But really huge ball drop by not having GG.

i disagree since this is bringing the RWBY crowd over and i believe RWBY fans far outnumber any GG or UNIEL crowd.
    Persona crowd is huge but i think of all the licensed characters RWBY characters will bring in the most crowd.
    RWBY fans have been asking for a fighting game for years if yall didnt know and this is it.
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    Leon63 wrote: »

This!

#WhensKyu
    The world needs more folk metal
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,187
    I wonder which RWBY characters will be in the game, I know nothing about this Anime!

All I know is I want to see my girl Nine and Hilda.
    #teamevilarrogantzoningladies

But I feel like they will only go for the characters of the very first Blazblue.
    RWBY will have the main four, most of gladiator girl's team, the main villain chick and maybe Crow (He's the only character besides the main four I remember the name of, lol). From there, it's anyone's guess. If I can get Hazama/Terumi and Adachi on a team........troll overload.
    My Characters/Teams:

• TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    I know Evo would never do this, but it would be hilarious if next year we had this, GG, BB and Dragonball. Add in two smash games and Street Fighter and there isn't any room for MvCI.
    Lol damn, this turned into a Capcom haters thread real fast. If this game gets in, best believe something else is going to give. No way is a new and highly anticipated game going to be pushed out of Evo, no matter how bad the marketing for it has been. That being said, ASW deserves to be top dog in the FG industry right now.
    My Characters/Teams:

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    Yall can hate on Capcom all you want but MvCI, no matter how shit it is, won't be going anywhere.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    edited July 19
    I hope that they also introduce characters in persona, BB and UNIB lore that aren't playable in the main games, so that RWBY isn't the only set of "new characters"

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    edited July 19
    Also...Rachel with an assist is going to be godlike.

Imagine Rachel with Hilde keepaway assist. I am cringing at the idea as I type

Carl Clover w/ Persona character w/ persona

Lmao holy shit like did arksys really think this through at high level