The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

Comments

• YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,792
    Zaku?

Fear Char Aznable........ Hail Zeon...
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266
    That's not really slick if the characters are still in development. Let them finish their things instead of forcing them to release half assed characters only to have us complain about that after.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,829
    edited July 20
    YO GUYS Abigail looks so stupid! He doesn't look human at all! Fuck Capcom and fuck Ono!

Btw plz put Oro and Necro in the game :) :) :)

Yes, we should be campaigning to put the God tier character Necro in sf5. You are correct
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,890
    Oro*
    What is like $2500 a month?
    edited July 20
    Oro*

Plz don't disregard our lord and savior Necro
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,421
    Quark wrote: »
    ZioSerpe wrote: »

I'm actually playing it right now, I'm at the end of Disk one, I'll fire it up on stream in 10 minutes, gotta put child to sleep

somehow I made it about 90% through FF8 relying basically only on magic on GFs, then found out that
    the final dungeon disables those things
    and just rage quit . I hadn't upgraded any of my weapons past the first few zones and my junctions were so fucked up that my characters were getting killed in 1-2 hits by most bosses and even some random encounters.

the thing is... since getting 1 or 2 shot was par for the course in some of the earlier FF titles, I didn't realize that I was doing anything wrong until it was too late.

Is the drawback of being literally the easiest game in the whole franchise, even easier on PC when you have access to chocobo world. Later I'ma unlock chocobo and therefore chocobo wold, where you can glitch basically infinite items.
    Also every single level up only needs 1000 EXP, in the past I did Squall to lvl 100 before ifrit just for shits and giggles
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,765
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Zaku?

Get your filthy Zeon scum propaganda off of this god fearing Federation website.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,792
    edited July 20
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Zaku?

Get your filthy Zeon scum propaganda off of this god fearing Federation website.

Relax, I was kidding, fuck Zeon, i'm with Amuro ray.

He just said Zaku, and you know... Yeah.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 413
    That's not really slick if the characters are still in development. Let them finish their things instead of forcing them to release half assed characters only to have us complain about that after.

More of what I mean is that ideally Capcom would have been doubling down on work in the background so that they would be be able to kick out characters a little more aggressively after having hit a delay. But it is pretty clear that they don't have the resources to ramp their dev efforts up anywhere. They are having a hard enough time just keeping up with their original schedule.

I don't want them to rush anything. One of the few things I think Capcom has done really well with Season 2 is that they've delivered very well on all these new characters that could have easily been massive fuck ups. I think they've done that again with Abagail overall and it'd be cool to see them ride that momentum a bit instead of having these big 2-3 month gaps where I forget that there is even a character coming. Better too long and get it right than rush it though.

Hell it apparently took a year just to get Alex's costume right. ;)
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,516
    Necro is a genetically modified organism.

Oro is some sort of weird hermit who has changed his body's composition with mysticism or some bullshit.

Abigail is just Canadian.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    edited July 20
    Veserius wrote: »
    Necro is a genetically modified organism.

Oro is some sort of weird hermit who has changed his body's composition with mysticism or some bullshit.

Abigail is just Canadian.

Yes, this is why necro is better on a genetic level

He is also godly
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,321
    I am cautiously optimistic that Menat will be the lame footsie type char this game deserves.

But then what terrible weakness will they give her? Inconsistent AAs like Karin & Vega? An inability to deal real damage unless extremely up close like Chun? Maybe they will give her a fireball?
  • amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,836
    edited July 20
    amrraed wrote: »
    So apparently giving people the cold hard truth is bad. I had this "friend" who uses Atrocious and he was telling me today that the Wonder Woman MU is " Impossible " for him. He told me that he played a random dude who beat him 11-0.

I told him that it is very unlikely that WW wins the MU and that he never labs stuff. Then I made a point that someone who stuck it out with a character like WW probably knows his character super well. I then told him that if he is losing 11-0 to someone then it isn't about the MU. You are simply getting outplayed and the other dude is a better player.

How can you even lose 11-0 from someone and have the balls to say it is the MU ?. Anyways dude told me he would never play me or talk to me about fighting games again.

Digging up an old post here.....

I told you guys this story about a month ago, now the dude kept his word and never played with me since then, until today. I was playing Ranked and the game matched us against each other. So first of all the dude's connection have gotten awful, i am talking the ping going like 88, 204, 600 +, 60,..... stuff like that, the ping was all over the place and the match was pretty much unplayable.

Not only that, he actually waited until he saw who i will pick (WW) before he went to blind select then counter pick me. So then i messaged him asking him about the connection, i was like " Dude, why is it this bad, if it is this unstable then don't play ranked ". He answered by saying " Thank god, i didn't want to play against you anyways"

I am just like wow.... This dude is really something.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,975
    edited July 20
    It's so funny. People get upset about not sharing tech/knowledge and then say, "this is why Japan is so good" blah blah blah. Well in the post-evo interview with tokido by espn, tokido said Japan hides tech from each other too. But with the rise of players like Punk and Du, they started sharing more with each other because they now have a common enemy(as tokido put it).
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,765
    I am cautiously optimistic that Menat will be the lame footsie type char this game deserves.

But then what terrible weakness will they give her? Inconsistent AAs like Karin & Vega? An inability to deal real damage unless extremely up close like Chun? Maybe they will give her a fireball?

That character already exists, her names Cammy.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 10,081
    Man I suck at this game

You gonna play Abby? Also how did your GG training turn out?
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I don't mean to be that guy, but when are we expecting the next character?

If Capcom can stay on schedule again - Menat at end of September, then Zeku at the end of November

Okay okay okay.... hear me out. I strongly believe that Menat and Zeku will drop at the same time.

We have to remember that last year they fucked up the schedule to. Had they followed their every other month plan we wouldn't have started season 2 until the end of January.

If Menat comes out in Sept and Zeku in Nov then whatever they show at CC will be late again.

Now, what major FG or video game event besides CC/PSX is coming up?

SDCC doesn't count because Abby isn't even out yet.
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,708
    I'm all for putting both of them in the game at some point, but seriously fuck this ass thinking backwards community.

What if I don't like him just because he's ugly?
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,700
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 413
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

Okay okay okay.... hear me out. I strongly believe that Menat and Zeku will drop at the same time.

We have to remember that last year they fucked up the schedule to. Had they followed their every other month plan we wouldn't have started season 2 until the end of January.

If Menat comes out in Sept and Zeku in Nov then whatever they show at CC will be late again.

Now, what major FG or video game event besides CC/PSX is coming up?

SDCC doesn't count because Abby isn't even out yet.
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    HA
    HAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

FWIW that's the kind of shit I'm hoping for too. But given CC's track record so far a more reasonable pull is for Zeku pre-2018.

Maybe they'll have baller announcement at SDCC?
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    HA
    HAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

....right.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 20
    X-Kira (while his track record isn't flawless, he did predict Vega's and Abigail's stage before they were revealed), claims that the Extra Battle Mode will finally be coming, and that it's coming soon (I would think if this is true, August 30th would be a good time), and three other modes will be released "by the end of the year".
    And this morning, he's saying a remake of Cammy's SF2 stage is coming.

Edit: And a Ring stage for Mika :wtf:
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,518
    X-Kira (while his track record isn't flawless, he did predict Vega's and Abigail's stage before they were revealed), claims that the Extra Battle Mode will finally be coming, and that it's coming soon (I would think if this is true, August 30th would be a good time), and three other modes will be released "by the end of the year".

He's also saying Extra Battle mode will come with Abigail's patch.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 7,820
    edited July 20
    Where the FUCK did Juri's ass go.
    Edit: Nevermind I raged too fast, I forgot her model sinks her ass in during her Win Quote. Still getting her ALT. No belt though....that's weird.
    Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is the best game of our next generation.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,486
    Does juri's fireball hit low now?
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,586
    Btw this is the abigail song

Abigail is based off king diamond originally(the facepaint in final fight and whatnot), and there is his song, Abigail.

I saw King Diamond once, they were great live. But this song is about a woman, so no.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    StockyJam wrote: »
    got a new pc with a owerful graphics card.
    can play SFV again.
    just fyi

Good to hear man. I glad you don't have to deal the 7 year old Asus anymore
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,523
    Btw this is the abigail song

Abigail is based off king diamond originally(the facepaint in final fight and whatnot), and there is his song, Abigail.

I saw King Diamond once, they were great live. But this song is about a woman, so no.

So no what.

Are you inferring that abigail is not named for this song, considering he is based off king diamond to begin with back in the 80's for the original final fight game?

And his only bit of story then is that he hates having a girls name.

Maybe id blow your mind if you learned about some of the naming conventions of guilty gear characters then.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,975
    edited July 20

Edit: And a Ring stage for Mika :wtf:

You don't know how much I've waiting for Cammy's stage ever since the first remade stage. That aurora is going to be amazing.

EDIT: Where can I follow x-kira?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,015
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I don't mean to be that guy, but when are we expecting the next character?

If Capcom can stay on schedule again - Menat at end of September, then Zeku at the end of November

If Capcom was really slick they rapid fire out the remaining characters - Menat in August, Zeku in September - to get the full S2 cast out with enough time for everyone to enjoy the "full" roster for a bit. But way more realistically it'll be great if we can just get everyone before the end of the year.

Abagail looks way better in motion at the WSO session.

Or just launch all characters at once. If SNK can do it - so can Capcom
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,611
    Trife88 wrote: »
    Where the FUCK did Juri's ass go.
    Edit: Nevermind I raged too fast, I forgot her model sinks her ass in during her Win Quote. Still getting her ALT. No belt though....that's weird.

What are you talking about, the belt is there in her alt.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
This discussion has been closed.