The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

Comments

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,478
    @TWINBLADES
    Abigail might be promising, depends on how effective his AA is and if I like his buttons
    he looks hugo and potemkin had a babby
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,714
    A10metal wrote: »
    Abigail is better looking than Vega, he probably gets more women too. When they hear that engine run.... They know what's coming

Kill yourself
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,495
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Abigail is better looking than Vega, he probably gets more women too. When they hear that engine run.... They know what's coming

Kill yourself

Before ya wreck yoself!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,028
    X-Kira (while his track record isn't flawless, he did predict Vega's and Abigail's stage before they were revealed), claims that the Extra Battle Mode will finally be coming, and that it's coming soon (I would think if this is true, August 30th would be a good time), and three other modes will be released "by the end of the year".
    And this morning, he's saying a remake of Cammy's SF2 stage is coming.

Edit: And a Ring stage for Mika :wtf:

EDIT: Where can I follow x-kira?

Facebook
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,531

Edit: And a Ring stage for Mika :wtf:

and now FANG's stage too
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,495
    He's the hero SFV deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll attack him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a giant guardian, a watchful protector.

A Maple Knight.

Oh o, he's the one SFV needs right now.
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,714
    edited July 20

Kill yourself

Before ya wreck yoself!

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self
    Cause I'm bad for your health
    I come real stealth dropping bombs on ya moms!

*multiple fire emojis*

Kill yourself

Before ya wreck yoself!

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self
    Cause I'm bad for your health
    I come real stealth dropping bombs on ya moms!

Break it down ma boy.
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 419
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Or just launch all characters at once. If SNK can do it - so can Capcom

I think both release schedules have merit.

All at once is probably better for a competitive season and it makes for one helluva initial release. Gives everyone a lot to look at either playing as or against the new characters and you don't have to worry about new characters coming along mid cycle throwing off balance or not being used because they're still being hashed out.

Monthly/bi-monthly is better for player engagement. The grinders are gonna grind no matter what so you don't need to worry about them. Having content come along every month or two gives your "dedicated casual" players a reason to dip back into the game and sometimes a character release can turn that kind of player into a really dedicated, active player (if the char clicks). Also why Capcom went with the weekly missions, though they ultimately seriously quarter-assed it.

I think Capcom went with the right delivery model. The downside is that model works best when you have a lot of community engagement (to keep the hype up and trickle out info in a steady stream to keep eyes on your game), have content that people are interested in (I like the new chars but a lot of people are still clamoring for old favs), and sweet baby jesus you need to deliver on time.

July is at least shaping up to be a pretty rad month. Abagail, two new stages (both of which look good), and the monthly costume set it one of the better ones they've put together. That is good.

Then I remember the servers will probably be down all Tuesday while they roll it all out. That is less good.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,620
    Isn't X-Kira some guy that leaks stuff based off of what other leakers say? This guy is so unreliable you might as well just ignore him at this point
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,224
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    should've added Hugo instead of Abi

Never show your face here again.

should've added Hugo instead of Abi

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 981
    So, I heard they fucked up Abigail's trailer ... Can't Capcom do anything right ?!
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 7,832
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Trife88 wrote: »
    Where the FUCK did Juri's ass go.
    Edit: Nevermind I raged too fast, I forgot her model sinks her ass in during her Win Quote. Still getting her ALT. No belt though....that's weird.

What are you talking about, the belt is there in her alt.

I only have one eye.
    Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is the best game of our next generation.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,577
    So, I heard they fucked up Abigail's trailer ... Can't Capcom do anything right ?!

yes capcom can do a lot right

Like releasing Abigail
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,800
    edited July 20

Like releasing Abigail

yeah, i just yesterday stumbled across some people in the store grabing sfV and talking about abigail and how it lead them to buy the game....:bee:
    its like all the time...capcom feeds you with a new char, everyone gets wooohoo....few weeks later ask for a new one since the new shine rubbed off and they get bored again.

i expect abigail streams from you!

• Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 981

Like releasing Abigail

Wait till the release, I'm pretty sure they will do something bad. Wonder what it will be this time. The "failed to retrieve data" message back ?
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
    Alright this is really starting to annoy me now, I am really clueless on how to solve this frame rate issue that the game has now... it's like the game is running in slow motion.

Has anyone encountered this before and if so how did you fix it?
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,577
    appomo wrote: »

Like releasing Abigail

yeah, i just yesterday stumbled across some people in the store grabing sfV and talking about abigail and how it lead them to buy the game....:bee:
    its like all the time...capcom feeds you with a new char, everyone gets wooohoo....few weeks later ask for a new one since the new shine rubbed off and they get bored again.

i expect abigail streams from you!

I will be streaming my labbing him all day tuesday if anyone wants to watch that.

And probably streaming me playing ranked over the next whiles cause eh why not don't really take any extra energy to do so!!!!!!!
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I wish Bapcom would touch up on some of Abby's animations. Both his standing and crouching jabs look off - almost looks like he's swatting a fly than hitting his opponent.

• Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    I wish Bapcom would touch up on some of Abby's animations. Both his standing and crouching jabs look off - almost looks like he's swatting a fly than hitting his opponent.

That's literally whats the point

Like no, actually

He's fucking huge, any opponent is a fly to him, its intentional. A lot of his animations point to the fact he isn't taking the fight too seriously cause why the fuck would he dudes a leviathan.

I like how his foward throw is him flicking the opponent away. That flick or even a literal finger poke would look better.

Abigail's personality isn't that of an arrogant douche like Karin. He's a motorhead goofball who's more akin to eating those frozen hanging meats in freezers as a protein snack rather than having a mountain-man complex.

But that's just me.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,890
    edited July 20
    Didn't Deejay have a similar backdash to Abigail's? Or am I thinking of another game

EDIT: Just realized how dumb it was for so many people to wonder whether or not you could jump over Abigail. I mean, you can jump over Hugo, what's 2 inches going to do?
    Post edited by NupoChromine on
    What is like $2500 a month?
    (from Neogaf) Apparently the description of Abigail's story in the japanese website says that an unexpected character appears at the end.

Will someone help me with this framerate issue plssss it's driving me nuts @_@
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 10,097
    Probably Zeku unless it's Guy.......
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,800
    (from Neogaf) Apparently the description of Abigail's story in the japanese website says that an unexpected character appears at the end.

did you installed graphic driver for your card?
    from what i read you have a new computer.

No it's the same computer, this frame rate issue wasn't a thing before, It literally only Begin having this after I reinstalled the game because the pads weren't working (they do now but now the frame rate issue is a thing)
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,237
    Ingrid is at the ending of Abigail's story mode.

REKT ME AND YOU. ARE. CRUSIN'. FOR A BRUISING THIS TIME IM SERIOUS

004.png
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,429
    My answer to every SFV unexpected character is Sagat until it's true
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,237

No it's the same computer, this frame rate issue wasn't a thing before, It literally only Begin having this after I reinstalled the game because the pads weren't working (they do now but now the frame rate issue is a thing)

Laptop or desktop. If it's a laptop, you may accidentally enabled a power saving mode. I did that once and it was causing SFV to run at 30fps. If that isn't it, you may just to need to update or re-install your video card driver.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,412 mod
    Ingrid is at the ending of Abigail's story mode.

REKT ME AND YOU. ARE. CRUSIN'. FOR A BRUISING THIS TIME IM SERIOUS

maxresdefault.jpg
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
This discussion has been closed.