Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,340
    Iduno wrote: »
    So if you made Goku hold a gun would his power level actually go down because he has one less hand free?

Dunno, the man with the shotgun on the 1st episode of DBZ had like 5 power level thanks to it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,085
    Iduno wrote: »
    So if you made Goku hold a gun would his power level actually go down because he has one less hand free?

But a minor minion with a gun was able to kill Goku in his Selsun Blue Shampoo mode
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    Xhominid wrote: »
    There's also the fact that there's character power levels and beams power levels.

So while Trunks didn't have a strong enough power level to kill merged Zamasu, the power level of the spirit bomb sword did.

From the looks of it the spirit bomb itself is a multiplier.

That's always been the case, how else you believe just the people of Earth could have enough power even collectively to kill Kid Buu?

Billions of people on Earth
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,726
    Ki Shima wrote: »

Animators are just bad at portraying whats going on. Goku wasn't even hurt in the episode. He wasn't looking at her like she as Beerus. If Toei had the subtle touches in their animation like Hunter x Hunter we would be able to infer all of these things without everyone being mad.

I could tell. people are just dumb

No. When you make goku look like he is trying hard, fans will take it as he is trying hard.

We know what a dbz character looks like suppressed. Minimum effort required usually casuallly. That has been toei animation established for YEARS. They were just super bad at showing it... at all really. I can't really be mad at dbz fans. They can barley gauge how strong anyone is relative to eachother anymore. It seems like they are going for animation that looks hype rather than animation that makes sense.

“I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    Goddamn I wish you people would read and/or actually pay attention during the episodes.

95% of the shit y'all complain about is usually explained/made clear in the context of the show.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,726
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I blame Toriyama, he just makes up whatever he wants at the time, sometimes I really think he just gets drunk when he writes stuff. Like Gohan sparing with blue goku, sure he lost, but then he loses to krillin. Before that krillin asked goku to punch him, and sent him flying.

Toriyama admits to making up shit and has no plans for any of his stories.

I don't care about that. He always weaves it brilliantly in the story. But toei doesn't have toriyamas panels to work with anymore, so they give the animators guidelines and they fail.

Animation is not just the amount of frames, its all the subtle things the directors put in to make people think. DBZ had this all over. Db was a simple story but every thing from the emotions shown to their choice of what to show in a panel made the show very good. EVen when toriyama stopped giving a fuck he still had all of those subtle things. I don't know if they are working with a bunch of kids or some shit but its been lost. Back in the day she would have tossed goku and he would have been crossing his arms while flying or something. Or they wouldn't have made him look like he was throwing a kamehameha at fucking cell rather than this girl he could honestly one shot.

Its bad animation plain and simple. If this was Naruto or a show everyone hated everyone would agree.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 127
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Dunno, the man with the shotgun on the 1st episode of DBZ had like 5 power level thanks to it.

Does a scouter even factor the shotgun into the calculation? :)
    I'd say no.
    5 seems like a reasonable power level for a farmer, who physically works his ass off day in and day out.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,732
    At 5, doesn't that make him quite a bit above the universe average? Good on ya farmer.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Korbidon wrote: »
    At 5, doesn't that make him quite a bit above the universe average? Good on ya farmer.

If you take the Daizenshuu power levels seriously, he's half as strong as Goku (10) at the beginning of DB.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,284
    Well in the intro, he was only fighting her in ssj 1. Not expecting her to win, unless she can keep up with ssj blue.

At this point Veg and Goku will be out of stamina so fast they'd have to rely on Goku to asspul a new transformation

Oh wait that's just business as usual
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
    where my spoilers at
    CRYING
    What spoilers? The stuff has been in the intro for a while now

who eliminates vegita?
    CRYING
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,284
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

who eliminates vegita?

Jiren
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

who eliminates vegita?

Jiren

i need to know when so i can request that day off
    CRYING
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,524
    So uh, I've been reading up synopsis of Super DBZ to catch-up to what I've been missing.
    Kinda interesting, except for one minor little detail...
    I'm really disliking the concept and character of Zen'O.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,817
    I'll admit the idea of an all powerful, reality warping, genocidal man-child who looks & sounds like a Pokémon being responsible for running the multiverse is a bit of a difficult concept to take in. Lol

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,817
    HD-Man wrote: »
    I'll admit the idea of an all powerful, reality warping, genocidal man-child who looks & sounds like a Pokémon being responsible for running the multiverse is a bit of a difficult concept to take in. Lol

The President is a dog.

Really??

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,472

Not for Kirby fans. Kappa

I'm sure Zen-O and Kirby have the same VA. I don't even need to check.

It's still ridiculous tho.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,764
    Volt wrote: »

Nope, but it is the same VA as may from GG. Shit gets me every episode that monster talks...
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,472
    edited July 2017
    ribu wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »

Nope, but it is the same VA as may from GG. Shit gets me every episode that monster talks...

That... Makes sense. Both are annoying to listen and really grind my gears.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,486

The President is a dog.

Really??

latest?cb=20100217203351

Don't forget about the talking shapeshifting pig (Oolong) that wished for panties.

Or the flying talking cat (Puar).

Or the other talking cat (Korin) that grows magical beans that heal you of any injury and whose favorite pastime is to trick you into drinking regular water.

Or the talking turtle.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,524
    edited July 2017
    No seriously, I hate the fact that things are looking like it's being railroaded that the Grand Priest mofo is manipulating that little bastard Zen'O.

But yet that little bastard can casually kill off whole universes and still act the way it does.
    Like fucking Lovecraftian shit of DBZ, and so far there's NO ONE written trying to come up with alternate plan to try to find a way to kill that damn thing.
    Creepy shit.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    No seriously, I hate the fact that things are looking like it's being railroaded that the Grand Priest mofo is manipulating that little bastard Zen'O.

But yet that little bastard can casually kill off whole universes and still act the way it does.
    Like fucking Lovecraftian shit of DBZ, and so far there's NO ONE written trying to come up with alternate plan to try to find a way to kill that damn thing.
    Creepy shit.

Freeza be plottin'
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,193
    edited July 2017
    And repressed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file