Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 433
    I'm going to so own with Nemesis for at least....2 weeks. I'm going to be hype!

Idk man, I can see a point character that can get in with a heavy in the back being pretty solid team comp in this game. Atleast online lol
    WaveFlame wrote: »
    Capcom needs to confirm Venom already... there would be no point in giving his specific comic series variants if he wasn't in himself

Champions received a comic variant and none of the group's members are on the game's roster. I abandoned the idea that series getting these covers will be on the roster.

Nova sort of counts lol. Maybe we'll get a Sam costume/Clone? I still think Miles & Jane being on the covers is suspicious. I'd love for this game to have Premium Skins that change a lot about the character like Injustice 2 has.

Also I'm really hoping this game's roster will atleast hit 58 to pass up MVC2 after all the DLC is out.

I hope the MVC3 ported characters is kept to a minimum with DLC. Wolverine/Storm/Magneto/Deadpool & Wekser/Vergil/Phoenix/Ammy should be it.

No love for Iron Fist and Viewtiful Joe, or even X-23, since she IS Wolverine in the comics now? I'd say Jill and Trish could be pretty deserving too, but I respect the desire for more new blood.

I want IF, Joe & X-23 but at this point I'd rather see more new characters.

I'll give Jill a "new character pass" if she's some type of mix between MvC2 Jill & stuff from Revelations.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer They called me, Mr. Pig. Joined: Posts: 5,145
    I expect after optimization there will be more damage across the board. In the beginning mid skill heavies will have a field day.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,905
    I expect after optimization there will be more damage across the board. In the beginning mid skill heavies will have a field day.

I fully expect people to latch onto a Nemesis Rocket Hyper Unblockable for a week before people find something else.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,586
    quicks wrote: »
    Only returnee I really want is ma doggie

Good boy
    Ammy-okami-amaterasu-32460712-500-343.jpg
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    edited August 2017
    https://gfycat.com/DismalPoliticalFlamingo

This is crazy. He didn't even land. If you slow it down?

YjNf7oz.jpg

He didn't land. Incoming is THAT fast and yet you can cancel it.
    boy
    rip

Post edited by .Guy. on
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,286
    So does this mean you can make the incoming character totally save by activating the Infinity Storm?
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • GhostTearGhostTear MANGO NATION...FOX MCCLOUD...MANGO NATION Joined: Posts: 2,883
    wtf he wasn't even on the screen...thats sick
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,231 mod
    I figured he was referring the poster and not the dog. It's not like you can tell that wolves are girls any way

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,402 mod
    flicky wrote: »
    Does anyone know, can you still use the tag mechanic if you're in the recovery frames of a move, let's say you wiffed something big? I was thinking about punishing things and it clicked, if someone tries to punish you, you can just tag on reaction and either beat them out or cancel the animation and block, or use something invincible, or a command grab, or anything. This game is a pure mind fuck!

You can.
    edited August 2017
    .Guy. wrote: »
    https://gfycat.com/DismalPoliticalFlamingo

This is crazy. He didn't even land. If you slow it down?

http://i.imgur.com/YjNf7oz.jpg

He didn't land. Incoming is THAT fast and yet you can cancel it.

I don't think he had to land. It looks like incoming is now coming in from the ground, just like regular tags. You can see Strider coming in for a couple of frames before activation and he's not in the air.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,787
    You know, I really like Thanos' Laura fireball. That shit is so good.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Xr0s-up wrote: »

Good boy

Its a girl...

I was referring to quicks, not Ammy
    d3v wrote: »
    flicky wrote: »
    Does anyone know, can you still use the tag mechanic if you're in the recovery frames of a move, let's say you wiffed something big? I was thinking about punishing things and it clicked, if someone tries to punish you, you can just tag on reaction and either beat them out or cancel the animation and block, or use something invincible, or a command grab, or anything. This game is a pure mind fuck!

You can.

Marvel is known for allowing you to break the rules of what's normally safe/unsafe on block or whiff in fighting games, but with the free tag system it seems you can even get a level 3 blocked and at least still have a tag or super option to try to stay safe after.

The free tag system also helps out characters like Iron Man and Spencer who are normally rather unsafe to DHC into. Now you can just tag into them and still have their super available for lockdown and combos.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,726
    Xr0s-up wrote: »

Good boy

Its a girl...

I was referring to quicks, not Ammy

thats a girl...
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    Wait, so they're both girls?

I would say the being "girls until proven otherwise" is a new "rule" on SRK, but I'm sure we already ran with that back in 2010.
    I guess somebody knows them in person to confirm. Doesn't matter to me. I just like people that talk strats and meta guy or girl. Lot better than Po's Poing.

Whatever then, good girl. No skin off my back.
    Amaterasu-okami-amaterasu-28914745-500-333.png
    Ammy 100% deserves to come back. She's by far one of the most unique characters from 3, the only character in the entire VS series with actual stances instead of level ups/installs (Wright is kind of in-between). Not to mention, THIS GAME NEEDS NON-HUMANOIDS.
    -Marvel Super Heroes: Shuma-Gorath, Blackheart (kind of)
    - X-Men COTA: Spiral (b/c all the arms)
    - MvC1: Venom (transformations on his normals/specials)
    - MvC3: Amaterasu, MODOK
    - MvCI: ???
    Shuma won't be coming back. He (it?) was in the list of characters that Marvel put out that can't be promoted.
    Shuma is a he.

What's the list of characters that can't be used?

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 Don't make me use this Joined: Posts: 4,350
    I can't possibly be the only one who notices that Venom (at least in the Vs series) shares a lot of functions with Shuma-Gorath, right?
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    Damn Marvel bullshit, no wonder it's all GotG and Avengers, that's pretty much all that can be used.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,787
    edited August 2017
    That shit is so stupid. Marvel.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • johnnydojohnnydo Joined: Posts: 298
    Shuma won't be coming back. He (it?) was in the list of characters that Marvel put out that can't be promoted.

that makes no since considering hes part of Dr.Strange's rouges gallery
    I'm a stoopid 09'er who's never played a fighting game in his life. Judge me harshly.

"We have a shitload of fighters on the market, and the best way to show our discernment is to penetrate the hype with negativity. Dark Stalkers 4 will happen. Guilty Gear will get its sequel. Other franchises may be resurrected off of fg's current popularity. And we will hate them all, admiring MVC2 and Guilty Gear AC like museum pieces" - Robo-mitsu GGPO: Manchild2
    Damn Marvel bullshit, no wonder it's all GotG and Avengers, that's pretty much all that can be used.

Are we really surprised? I mean, they're heavily promoting their own movies. We're lucky that certain popular X-Men aren't in the list or the addendum.
  • johnnydojohnnydo Joined: Posts: 298

I think Shuma could eventually appear in the MCU. Dr Strange doesn't have the biggest rogues gallery (look at the F-lister villain from the first movie); I can also see a Lovecraftian villain being appealing to Scott Derickson. Shuma might be off of that ban list now since Strange sequels are happening.

This might be the first time Marvel wants Shuma in one of these games instead of just allowing Capcom to lol

Not having the biggest rogues gallery just means we get to see Doorman's hot sister sooner than later.
    3011947-umar-defenders%232-%26dormammu-differences.jpg

one of these days i need to read that Defenders run
    I'm a stoopid 09'er who's never played a fighting game in his life. Judge me harshly.

"We have a shitload of fighters on the market, and the best way to show our discernment is to penetrate the hype with negativity. Dark Stalkers 4 will happen. Guilty Gear will get its sequel. Other franchises may be resurrected off of fg's current popularity. And we will hate them all, admiring MVC2 and Guilty Gear AC like museum pieces" - Robo-mitsu GGPO: Manchild2
    Wait, so they're both girls?

Definitely not!

I'm 6'3, black and can bench press beyond my bodyweight

Boy you got me beat. How bout dat

This discussion has been closed.