The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,977
    @Daemos

I hear ya. When the Bison/Master stuff was established, Guile had also taken Bison to court to get justice for Nash. There's also the stuff with Chun-Li learning about her father's fate from Vega in SFV instead of learning about it from Bison in Alpha 2. A lot of stuff has definitely changed. Personally, I liked Udon's version of the Bison/Rose/Master stuff.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,049
    edited August 5
    With this sort of conversation going on, this only makes me wish more so that Rose was somehow involved or outright playable in SFV. Once again, that is not going to happen but this is how the cookie crumbles.

As for a supposed Arcade mode, there is a part of me that sort of hopes that is an extreme "SNK-Boss" version of M. Bison, in addition to some other hype mid/secret boss battles. Character endings (which may not be a thing) should provide us with some more material to speak about along with the mid-boss/designated boss battles to keep us hype. This in addition to online matches with other players will be highly beneficial, especially when looking at this from a casual perspective. Just... provide some incentives for playing this arcade mode (some small-time unlockable content and the like).
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : Menat, Ryu, Cammy, Ibuki, Bison
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 300
    Daemos wrote: »
    Bison is and should remain completely and utterly evil, any backstory he may get should observe this truth diligently.

I strongly agree with this.
    Bison may lack any real solid backstory right now but still works through his strangely charismatic mono-dimensional evilness. Adding a backstory to him could very easily destroy his character if not done more than properly.

Honestly I think Bison is fine as he is as a character right now.
    It's Rose that seems kind of a mess backstory-wise.
    @Daemos

I hear ya. When the Bison/Master stuff was established, Guile had also taken Bison to court to get justice for Nash. There's also the stuff with Chun-Li learning about her father's fate from Vega in SFV instead of learning about it from Bison in Alpha 2. A lot of stuff has definitely changed. Personally, I liked Udon's version of the Bison/Rose/Master stuff.

Was that Chun-Li thing really a retcon or just something added to her backstory? I'm pretty reluctant at considering something retconned unless it's an obvious and direct contradiction of something that happened earlier in the series. I don't recall the dialogue between Vega and Chun in her prologue but are you sure it wasn't just something that hinted or could have hinted at what Chun would discover from Bison in Alpha 2?
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!

-

"The gameplay is closer to a smash game than it is to a fighting game." - Kushmaster420xBlazer, on Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    Real thing said for real and not ironically by a real human being living on planet Earth on the r/Fighters subreddit in the year of our Lord 2017.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    edited August 5
    Lord Vega wrote: »

@bakfromon, could you please skim over it and tell us if there's anything that looks like SFZ3 merged with SF2? Thanks in advance.
    The only SF2 retelling that I know is SFEX....

And now with the new storyline... probably this will never be answered.

No, that doesn't say anything about SFA3 merging with SF2, in fact, that timeline says that SF2 takes place 3 to 4 years after SFA3. Now I have read on a Japanese blog somewhere... that in order for SFA3 to lead into SF2 Bison would have to survive the event, meaning he never dies during SFA3 and he continues with the Psycho Drive for 3 - 4 years into SF2 where he is ultimately defeated. This would kind of tie the events into each other, but of course, it's not official, but it does flow with whats being presented officially without actually merging the two.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Lord VegaLord Vega Joined: Posts: 312
    bakfromon wrote: »

@bakfromon, could you please skim over it and tell us if there's anything that looks like SFZ3 merged with SF2? Thanks in advance.
    The only SF2 retelling that I know is SFEX....

And now with the new storyline... probably this will never be answered.

No, that doesn't say anything about SFA3 merging with SF2, in fact, that timeline says that SF2 takes place 3 to 4 years after SFA3. Now I have read on a Japanese blog somewhere... that in order for SFA3 to lead into SF2 Bison would have to survive the event, meaning he never dies during SFA3 and he continues with the Psycho Drive for 3 - 4 years into SF2 where he is ultimately defeated. This would kind of tie the events into each other, but of course, it's not official, but it does flow with whats being presented officially without actually merging the two.

Thnaks bakfromon! Yeah! I've thought about that as well... I wouldn't say that Vega would have to survive, he can revive. Only the Psycho Drive would have to endure until the end of SF2. It was stated on Cammy's SSF2 account that Shadaloo isn't the threat that it used to be... so something happened before SF2....
    Yeah, that makes sense.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    edited August 5

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,412
    edited August 5
    I looked back and you're right. Adon actually mentions the Satsui no Hado in Akuma's story. In Adon's story, however, he tells Ken to show him "that technique", and later says he'll identify Akuma by seeing that "ultimate barrage attack". Before fighting Bison, Adon tells Bison he's interested in "that power", and Bison reads his mind and says he wants to "learn the secrets of the Shun Goku Satsu". So for all intents and purposes, Adon is aware of what the Shun Goku Satsu is.

Yet, Bison himself learns what the SNH is only after fighting Akuma himself in SFV (check Bison's winquote to Akuma). Even Seth, Bison's puppet, is aware of the power and watches it in action via a monitor in SF4: TTTB. I hate when Capcom do that and not play their own games before releasing another one, contradicting themselves even in the easily detectable stuff as a result.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

RedCyclone's blog is a gold mine of informations. Not to mention the fact his speculations are done by someone who knows the original material and not the badly translated¹ English one. He wrote interesting digressions about SF facts the Western Hemisphere knows nothing about. Like his speculation that Zangief is actually the most educated amongst the Street Fighters. All based upon hints coming from Zangief's Japanese win quotes scattered around the games, the majority of which were never translated in English.

Did anyone know that Zangief cited - albeit incorrectly - Lev Tolstoj in one of his SFZ2 win quotes? And that in X-Men vs Street Fighter Zangief urged his opponent to read a book sometimes, lest he transform into a dumb musclehead? Yeah, exactly. You could argue that the VS series is not canon, but the characters' personalities are consistent with themselves... In their Japanese version, that is.

"Read a book sometimes! If you only do physical exercise, you'll end up with muscles even in your head!

¹ When we're lucky they have translated something, obviously.

I tried to take a look at this blog (emphasis on trying, I'm just deciphering the mess google translate offers to me) and, while I might disagree on some of his speculation (emphasis on might, because it's not easy to tell what he's saying exactly and it's definitely hard to tell what is backed by sources he has and what not), the trivia and details he offers are definitely awesome.

All this unbelievably cool stuff hidden behind a language barrier...
    Just get a Patreon already so I can give you money to translate more stuff!

-

"The gameplay is closer to a smash game than it is to a fighting game." - Kushmaster420xBlazer, on Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    Real thing said for real and not ironically by a real human being living on planet Earth on the r/Fighters subreddit in the year of our Lord 2017.
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 312
    Writing Street Fighter!? Sign me up. But I need @Miðgarðsorm to be hired as well.

Can I join in, too?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    edited August 5
    I want to incorporate some ideas too like aura for blocking sharp objects, then if possible to contribute just for the Ryu part and a bit for the Akuma part.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,973

RedCyclone's blog is a gold mine of informations. Not to mention the fact his speculations are done by someone who knows the original material and not the badly translated¹ English one. He wrote interesting digressions about SF facts the Western Hemisphere knows nothing about. Like his speculation that Zangief is actually the most educated amongst the Street Fighters. All based upon hints coming from Zangief's Japanese win quotes scattered around the games, the majority of which were never translated in English.

dokusyo.jpg

Did anyone know that Zangief cited - albeit incorrectly - Lev Tolstoj in one of his SFZ2 win quotes? And that in X-Men vs Street Fighter Zangief urged his opponent to read a book sometimes, lest he transform into a dumb musclehead? Yeah, exactly. You could argue that the VS series is not canon, but the characters' personalities are consistent with themselves... In their Japanese version, that is.

5XwfKj3.jpg
    "Read a book sometimes! If you only do physical exercise, you'll end up with muscles even in your head!

¹ When we're lucky they have translated something, obviously.

ii don't know about the most educated, but is kinda ever been there that he's not a brainless brute... more than books he show patriotic (close to propaganda) love anything related to mother Russia culture... books, food, costumes, tradition

Even the Xmas dlc have him not a
    s Santa Claus but as a
    russian culture counterpart

Most educated imho may be

Oro
    Fang
    Urien/Gill
    Nash
    Karin
    Viper
    Seth (cheater)
    Dudley
    Rose/Dhalsim?
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • EvilerwinEvilerwin Joined: Posts: 37
    9rlXXnE.jpg

This picture just reminded me of some things I've been thinking about:

1) Is there any meaning/significance to those earrings and that necklace Rose wears with this dress?

2) How come Rose has a lighting bolt but Bison doesn't have a similar symbol that shows him using his power?

Also that picture of Rose is cute. I've never seen it before. Is it from some long-lost manga or doujin?

edited August 5
    [Still totally considering the idea of giving away money if that gets me translations of cool Street Fighter quotes and trivia]

-

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,412
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Evilerwin wrote: »
    9rlXXnE.jpg

2) How come Rose has a lighting bolt but Bison doesn't have a similar symbol that shows him using his power?

I mean Bison technically has a lightning bolt inside the Shadaloo's logo skull

latest?cb=20091228174243

I guess it's supposed to server as his symbol of power instead

:O Illuminati confirmed?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Brazzers - SRK Functions." Joined: Posts: 3,049
    Rose is a goddess of love and war.

Just the way I like her. SOUL SPARK!
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : Menat, Ryu, Cammy, Ibuki, Bison
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    [Still totally considering the idea of giving away money if that gets me translations of cool Street Fighter quotes and trivia]

I could always use some extra cash. I need the funds to get more source material to put into the guides and it would give me more time to do translations lol.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 583
    I want to incorporate some ideas too like aura for blocking sharp objects, then if possible to contribute just for the Ryu part and a bit for the Akuma part.

All you need is Muscle Power
    edited August 6
    JetKinen wrote: »

All you need is Muscle Power

Yup that was what i used to think to make it as a universal aura/force but they might want it to be a separate aura or force to make gief's muscle power exclusive and special to him.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,521
    Those comics seem to operate on the assumption that Juri hangs out around Chun Li and Cammy a lot more than I think is actually the case...
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,231
    I jokingly stated that I was going to make a Cody Concept for @Froztey in SFV General Chat. To celebrate his mod status, I actually went ahead and did it. I tried to combine Final Fight Cody with Alpha Criminal Cody. I appreciate any critiques you all come up with. I hope these concepts don't annoy guys. I spoiler tag them to keep them from causing a TLDR situation.

Cody SFV Concept
    Name: Cody Travers

Nickname: The Fallen Hero

Sex: Male

Ethnicity:
    American

Height: 6ft 0in (1.83m)

Weight: 220lbs (100kg)

B/W/H: 45-36-39(114cm-91cm-99cm)

Hometown:
    Metro City, USA

Appearance:
    Cody has light brown hair and blue eyes. He wears an orange unbuttoned long sleeve Metro City Penitentiary shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. He has on blue jeans and white sneakers. His fists are are wrapped in blue bandages and his wrists are bound with long chained handcuffs.

Dislikes: Edi E., Boredom

Fighting Style: Street Fighting

Tone: Cody exudes the facade of an unrepentant brawler. He's to only be happy amidst the challenge of a good fight.

Origins: Cody is well known for both his rise to prominence and his fall from grace. Banding together with his best friend Guy and his girlfriend's father Mayor Mike Haggar, Cody took on the Mad Gear Gang to rescue his girlfriend Jessica. In rescuing Jessica, Cody would strike the final blow against Belger. Sending the crime boss flying through a window from the top of his high rise office to death dozens of stories below. That blow would go on to shape his life in ways he didn't know at the time. On his European vacation with Jessica, he began to receive photos of both he and Jessica. And then photos of Jessica when he wasn't around. He then received a haunting note. “Someone will pay for Belger's death. Spend your life behind bars or attend Jessica's funeral. You chose. Oh, and don't get any bright ideas hero. Anyone hears about this note and Jessica's blood will be on your hands. Even if you managed to track me down, she'd still be gone...” Shortly after his return to Metro City. Cody was arrested assault of corrupt Metro City Police Officer Edi. E. Despite Jessica and his friends, he pleaded guilty and refused their help. They didn't know it, but he was giving up everything to project Jessica.

Attributes: Health: 3 Power: 4 Range: 3 Mobility: 3 Technique: 4
    1000 Health/1025 Stun

Throws:

Shoulder Toss – LP+LK: Cody grabs his opponent and tosses them forward over his shoulder.

Back Shoulder Toss – LP+LK: Cody grabs his opponent, turns around, and tosses them forward over his shoulder.

Unique Attacks:

Stomach Blow – F+MP : Cody hits his opponent with a swift punch to the gut.

Jaw Crusher
    – B+MP: Cody strikes with a quick uppercut to the jaw that can function as an anti air if correctly timed.

Hammer Hook – F+HP: (Overhead): Cody executes slow but long range overhead punch that hit's twice. Slow startup but -2 on block.

Crack Kick – F+HK: Cody strikes with a quick jump spin kick that sails over low attacks. Causes a juggle state if hits an airborne opponent.

Knee Drops
    - D+MP: (In Air) Cody performs his classic flying double knee from Final Fight.

Metro Combo
    – LP, LP, F+MP, HP (Target Combo): Cody's classic Final Fight combo. He hits his foe with two jabs followed by a body blow and then an uppercut.

Metro Flight
    - LP, LP, F+MP, D+HP(Target Combo): Cody hits his foe with two jabs, a body blow, and ends the combo with a shoulder toss.

V-Reversal:

Knee Strikes
    -F+KKK: Cody clinches with his foe and hits them with three quick knee strikes that send them a half screen away. (Classic Final Fight throw)

V-Skill:

Knife Fighting
    – MP+MK: Cody picks up his trademark knife, altering the properties of all of his punch normals. Each landed or blocked strike builds V-Gauge. If he is hit by his opponent he drops his knife. He doesn't drop the knife if he blocks an attack. Guard Crush attacks do cause him to drop the knife. Cody cannot pick up his knife in V-Trigger. In mirror matches there are two knives on screen to be picked up in the interest of balance.

V-Trigger:

Unleashed
    – HP+HK: Cody throws off his cuffs and orange over shirt. Now resembling his “Hero of Metro City” look, he fights at his full potential. All of his attacks, both normals and specials, are buffed making new combos possible. Zonk Knuckle is -3 block and can be made safe if properly spaced. 3-bar V-Trigger Permanent

Specials:

Cyclone
    – QCF+P: Cody performs a swift hook that generates a slow moving (roughly 3 ft/1m tall) cyclone of ki that travels along the ground towards his opponent. LP (1 hit, quick start up and slow recovery), MP (2 hits, slower start up, moderate recovery), HP (3 hits, slowest start up, quickest recovery) EX (3 hits, quick start up and recovery, causes juggle)

Cyclone Upper -QCB+P: Cody strikes with a powerful uppercut that generates a large (roughly 6ft/2m tall)stationary tornado in front of him. Nullifies projectiles. LP (moderate start up, 3 hits, -3 on block), MP (slow start up, 4 hits, -5 on block), HP (slowest start up, 5 hits, - 7 on block) EX (moderate start up, 6 hits, -3 on block, causes juggle state)

Zonk Knuckle
    – Hold P, Release: Cody strikes with a vicious dashing punch. Causes Juggle. Projectile invulnerable. Unsafe (-7 on block). EX (Hold two punch buttons, gains 1 hit of armor on frame 1, -7 on block)

Ruffian Kick – QCF +K: Cody quickly closes the distance on his opponent with a powerful kick. Kick button determines the angle of the kick. LK (sliding low kick), MK (dashing side kick), HK (dashing high side kick, Anti Air, juggles) EX (projectile invincible. LK+MK sliding low kick, LK+HK dashing side kick, MK+HK dashing high side kick)

Critical Art:

Dead End Irony
    – QCFx2+K: Cody strikes his foes with a vicious barrage of kicks. LK (hits low), MK (hits mid), HK (Anti Airs). 350 damage

V-Trigger Only

Final Destruction – QCFx2+P: Cody hits his foe with blinding combination of punches too fast for the eye to see before ending the assault with a powerful version of his Cyclone Upper that send his opponent sailing high into the air. His opponent comes crashing to earth planting them in the ground if this technique KO's his adversary. 400 damage

Reasons to be in SFV:

Unbeknownst to Cody, Jessica figured out what happened long ago. She'd hoped Cody would tell her the truth, but she understood why he didn't. She broke up with Cody to convince him and the one threatening her, that their plan was working. While Cody has been locked away, she's been training with Guy and her father. She's not the damsel in distress Cody once knew. She sends him letter telling him “I know what you've done and why. Your heart was in the right place and I appreciate your sacrifice, but you should have trusted me with the truth. I'm not a timid little flower anymore. I'm going to go find who's behind this. There is no reason for you stay locked up anymore, come with me. Love, Jessica....” Cody folds up the letter, puts it in his pocket, and promptly breaks down the wall in his jail cell.

-I tried to combine Hero and Criminal Cody into one cohesive character.

-I did my best to adhere to the story we were given while making it more sensible. There are lot of characters in the SF universe that get into fights. Only Cody is in jail. Frankly it's lame. For all of it's flaws, Final Fight Revenge's explanation for Cody' being locked up made a lot more sense.

-This concept leaves open the possibility for Jessica Haggar concept as well as a concept for Belger's son. Belger's son is the one that wants Cody to suffer for Belger's death.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,029 mod
    edited August 6
    I jokingly stated that I was going to make a Cody Concept for @Froztey in SFV General Chat. To celebrate his mod status, I actually went ahead and did it. I tried to combine Final Fight Cody with Alpha Criminal Cody. I appreciate any critiques you all come up with. I hope these concepts don't annoy guys. I spoiler tag them to keep them from causing a TLDR situation.

Cody SFV Concept

Ethnicity:
    American

Hometown:
    Metro City, USA

Appearance:
    Cody has light brown hair and blue eyes. He wears an orange unbuttoned long sleeve Metro City Penitentiary shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. He has on blue jeans and white sneakers. His fists are are wrapped in blue bandages and his wrists are bound with long chained handcuffs.

Tone: Cody exudes the facade of an unrepentant brawler. He's to only be happy amidst the challenge of a good fight.

Origins: Cody is well known for both his rise to prominence and his fall from grace. Banding together with his best friend Guy and his girlfriend's father Mayor Mike Haggar, Cody took on the Mad Gear Gang to rescue his girlfriend Jessica. In rescuing Jessica, Cody would strike the final blow against Belger. Sending the crime boss flying through a window from the top of his high rise office to death dozens of stories below. That blow would go on to shape his life in ways he didn't know at the time. On his European vacation with Jessica, he began to receive photos of both he and Jessica. And then photos of Jessica when he wasn't around. He then received a haunting note. “Someone will pay for Belger's death. Spend your life behind bars or attend Jessica's funeral. You chose. Oh, and don't get any bright ideas hero. Anyone hears about this note and Jessica's blood will be on your hands. Even if you managed to track me down, she'd still be gone...” Shortly after his return to Metro City. Cody was arrested assault of corrupt Metro City Police Officer Edi. E. Despite Jessica and his friends, he pleaded guilty and refused their help. They didn't know it, but he was giving up everything to project Jessica.

1000 Health/1025 Stun

Throws:

Shoulder Toss – LP+LK: Cody grabs his opponent and tosses them forward over his shoulder.

Back Shoulder Toss – LP+LK: Cody grabs his opponent, turns around, and tosses them forward over his shoulder.

Unique Attacks:

Jaw Crusher
    – B+MP: Cody strikes with a quick uppercut to the jaw that can function as an anti air if correctly timed.

Hammer Hook – F+HP: (Overhead): Cody executes slow but long range overhead punch that hit's twice. Slow startup but -2 on block.

Crack Kick – F+HK: Cody strikes with a quick jump spin kick that sails over low attacks. Causes a juggle state if hits an airborne opponent.

Knee Drops

Metro Combo
    – LP, LP, F+MP, HP (Target Combo): Cody's classic Final Fight combo. He hits his foe with two jabs followed by a body blow and then an uppercut.

Metro Flight
    - LP, LP, F+MP, D+HP(Target Combo): Cody hits his foe with two jabs, a body blow, and ends the combo with a shoulder toss.

V-Reversal:

Knee Strikes
    -F+KKK: Cody clinches with his foe and hits them with three quick knee strikes that send them a half screen away. (Classic Final Fight throw)

V-Skill:

Knife Fighting
    – MP+MK: Cody picks up his trademark knife, altering the properties of all of his punch normals. Each landed or blocked strike builds V-Gauge. If he is hit by his opponent he drops his knife. He doesn't drop the knife if he blocks an attack. Guard Crush attacks do cause him to drop the knife. Cody cannot pick up his knife in V-Trigger. In mirror matches there are two knives on screen to be picked up in the interest of balance.

V-Trigger:

Unleashed
    – HP+HK: Cody throws off his cuffs and orange over shirt. Now resembling his “Hero of Metro City” look, he fights at his full potential. All of his attacks, both normals and specials, are buffed making new combos possible. Zonk Knuckle is -3 block and can be made safe if properly spaced. 3-bar V-Trigger Permanent

Specials:

Cyclone
    – QCF+P: Cody performs a swift hook that generates a slow moving (roughly 3 ft/1m tall) cyclone of ki that travels along the ground towards his opponent. LP (1 hit, quick start up and slow recovery), MP (2 hits, slower start up, moderate recovery), HP (3 hits, slowest start up, quickest recovery) EX (3 hits, quick start up and recovery, causes juggle)

Cyclone Upper -QCB+P: Cody strikes with a powerful uppercut that generates a large (roughly 6ft/2m tall)stationary tornado in front of him. Nullifies projectiles. LP (moderate start up, 3 hits, -3 on block), MP (slow start up, 4 hits, -5 on block), HP (slowest start up, 5 hits, - 7 on block) EX (moderate start up, 6 hits, -3 on block, causes juggle state)

Zonk Knuckle
    – Hold P, Release: Cody strikes with a vicious dashing punch. Causes Juggle. Projectile invulnerable. Unsafe (-7 on block). EX (Hold two punch buttons, gains 1 hit of armor on frame 1, -7 on block)

Ruffian Kick – QCF +K: Cody quickly closes the distance on his opponent with a powerful kick. Kick button determines the angle of the kick. LK (sliding low kick), MK (dashing side kick), HK (dashing high side kick, Anti Air, juggles) EX (projectile invincible. LK+MK sliding low kick, LK+HK dashing side kick, MK+HK dashing high side kick)

Critical Art:

Dead End Irony
    – QCFx2+K: Cody strikes his foes with a vicious barrage of kicks. LK (hits low), MK (hits mid), HK (Anti Airs). 350 damage

V-Trigger Only

Final Destruction – QCFx2+P: Cody hits his foe with blinding combination of punches too fast for the eye to see before ending the assault with a powerful version of his Cyclone Upper that send his opponent sailing high into the air. His opponent comes crashing to earth planting them in the ground if this technique KO's his adversary. 400 damage

Reasons to be in SFV:

Unbeknownst to Cody, Jessica figured out what happened long ago. She'd hoped Cody would tell her the truth, but she understood why he didn't. She broke up with Cody to convince him and the one threatening her, that their plan was working. While Cody has been locked away, she's been training with Guy and her father. She's not the damsel in distress Cody once knew. She sends him letter telling him “I know what you've done and why. Your heart was in the right place and I appreciate your sacrifice, but you should have trusted me with the truth. I'm not a timid little flower anymore. I'm going to go find who's behind this. There is no reason for you stay locked up anymore, come with me. Love, Jessica....” Cody folds up the letter, puts it in his pocket, and promptly breaks down the wall in his jail cell.

-I did my best to adhere to the story we were given while making it more sensible. There are lot of characters in the SF universe that get into fights. Only Cody is in jail. Frankly it's lame. For all of it's flaws, Final Fight Revenge's explanation for Cody' being locked up made a lot more sense.

-This concept leaves open the possibility for Jessica Haggar concept as well as a concept for Belger's son. Belger's son is the one that wants Cody to suffer for Belger's death.

Corrections/nitpicks -

Cody is a blonde as a correction, and don't use the Final Fight: Streetwise look because I'd probably have to quit fighting games for life if I ever see that non-canon trash in a canon title.

Cody feels betrayed by his closest friends, that goes for Jessica too. He's passed up chances to come back to them before but you can see he still cares for them, so he wouldn't turn his head or make it look as though he escaped prison just for them.

Power should be maxed(Idk if it goes to 5), Cody canonically has never gone "all-out", one of his trademark points of interest. His strength is supposedly enough to rival somewhere around Akuma. Why? I have no fuckin' clue, is it cool? Yes. One of the reasons I like him so much, he purposely limits himself to fight you. When you fight a Cody player, Cody is handicapped from the beginning of the fight just to be on equal ground to you.

This is the look he had in Streetwise, which is what you described. Never let this absolute ATROCITY appear in any game ever again. If he's coming back, have his classic prison garb from Alpha or redesign his original Final Fight outside and modernize it slightly. Cody is definitely ready for a costume redesign. -
    cody-streetwise.jpg
    SFV - I drop everyone after a week
    Sometimes I upload stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQESJOpYAW3RQ_ag9q9T_g
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    9rlXXnE.jpg

I mean Bison technically has a lightning bolt inside the Shadaloo's logo skull (edit: which is also represented on his uniform etc)

latest?cb=20091228174243

I guess it's supposed to serve as his symbol of power instead

he got one on his belt, also story alt he got a scar of that shape too

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    I tried to take a look at this blog (emphasis on trying, I'm just deciphering the mess google translate offers to me) and, while I might disagree on some of his speculation (emphasis on might, because it's not easy to tell what he's saying exactly and it's definitely hard to tell what is backed by sources he has and what not), the trivia and details he offers are definitely awesome.

:rofl:
    I have to decline, I'm afraid.
    I'm not only overworked at present... I also think it wouldn't be right to charge someone a fee to let me do any job, the quality (and promptness...) of which I couldn't honestly assure in the first place. Not that I'm not tempted, hahaha. But I've always believed a true translator should work into his or her native tongue to do a really good job. Rest assured that these translations will come... Only SLOWLY. :tongue:
    Cestus wrote: »

ii don't know about the most educated, but is kinda ever been there that he's not a brainless brute... more than books he show patriotic (close to propaganda) love anything related to mother Russia culture... books, food, costumes, tradition

s Santa Claus but as a

Oro
    Fang
    Urien/Gill
    Nash
    Karin
    Viper
    Seth (cheater)
    Dudley
    Rose/Dhalsim?

I agree with that list of yours, but don't forget that Zangief is the only street fighter we know for sure has an university degree, and on top of that, he authored a book.

Well Oro discussed with Sim some advanced quantum physics lol

Also i think is safe to say both Nash and Viper graduated in some high academy... iirc Nash got a pretty high IQ too

Karin concept wise likely got perfect school scores onbevverything and admin an economic empire at young age

Urien/Gill likely received the most elite education avaible, considering they were supposed to be raised as absolute mental/phisical peak
    They got good genetic too

edited August 6
    Froztey wrote: »

Cody SFV Concept

Ethnicity:
    American

Hometown:
    Metro City, USA

Appearance:

1000 Health/1025 Stun

Throws:

Unique Attacks:

Jaw Crusher

Knee Drops

Metro Combo

Metro Flight

V-Reversal:

Knee Strikes

V-Skill:

Knife Fighting

V-Trigger:

Unleashed

Specials:

Cyclone

Zonk Knuckle

Critical Art:

Dead End Irony

V-Trigger Only

Reasons to be in SFV:

Corrections/nitpicks -

Cody is a blonde as a correction, and don't use the Final Fight: Streetwise look because I'd probably have to quit fighting games for life if I ever see that non-canon trash in a canon title.

Cody feels betrayed by his closest friends, that goes for Jessica too. He's passed up chances to come back to them before but you can see he still cares for them, so he wouldn't turn his head or make it look as though he escaped prison just for them.

Power should be maxed(Idk if it goes to 5), Cody canonically has never gone "all-out", one of his trademark points of interest. His strength is supposedly enough to rival somewhere around Akuma. Why? I have no fuckin' clue, is it cool? Yes. One of the reasons I like him so much, he purposely limits himself to fight you. When you fight a Cody player, Cody is handicapped from the beginning of the fight just to be on equal ground to you.

This is the look he had in Streetwise, which is what you described. Never let this absolute ATROCITY appear in any game ever again. If he's coming back, have his classic prison garb from Alpha or redesign his original Final Fight outside and modernize it slightly. Cody is definitely ready for a costume redesign. -
    cody-streetwise.jpg

Cody had brown hair in the original Final Fight. I hate the hamburglar look and I refuse to use it. Sorry.

ff1-chars.png

Edit: Cody was an homage to Tom Cody from Streest of Fire. Final Fight's story sort of was as well. Tom Cody wasn't blonde either.

street3_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

Edit 2: Damn, didn't realize that was Diane Lane until now :lol:
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,029 mod
    edited August 6

Cody SFV Concept

Ethnicity:
    American

Hometown:
    Metro City, USA

Appearance:

1000 Health/1025 Stun

Throws:

Unique Attacks:

Jaw Crusher

Knee Drops

Metro Combo

Metro Flight

V-Reversal:

Knee Strikes

V-Skill:

Knife Fighting

V-Trigger:

Unleashed

Specials:

Cyclone

Zonk Knuckle

Critical Art:

Dead End Irony

V-Trigger Only

Reasons to be in SFV:

Corrections/nitpicks -

cody-streetwise.jpg

Cody had brown hair in the original Final Fight. I hate the hamburglar look and I refuse to use it. Sorry.

ff1-chars.png

I don't think his classic prison garb will ever return either. I'll miss it, but it isn't my favourite Cody outfit. The Streetwise look can burn in the depths of fiery hell, that game was an abomination. In SFIV the developers had an interview where they discussed wanting to completely redesign him without the prison look, but decided it was how most players identified with him so they kept it even though they wanted to change him up a bit. The way SFV has gone, he'll 100% get a redesign. I prefer his classic FF outfit.

I've never seen Cody in modern artworks be represented as a brunette, the latest "lore-friendly" piece of artwork straight from the Final Fight series itself is the Double Impact artwork, which again has him as a blonde.

61gfqw-ZpyL.jpg

ALSO GOOD WORK I DID LIKE IT.
    SFV - I drop everyone after a week
    Sometimes I upload stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQESJOpYAW3RQ_ag9q9T_g
    edited August 6

Cody SFV Concept

Ethnicity:
    American

Hometown:
    Metro City, USA

Appearance:

1000 Health/1025 Stun

Throws:

Unique Attacks:

Jaw Crusher

Knee Drops

Metro Combo

Metro Flight

V-Reversal:

Knee Strikes

V-Skill:

Knife Fighting

V-Trigger:

Unleashed

Specials:

Cyclone

Zonk Knuckle

Critical Art:

Dead End Irony

V-Trigger Only

Reasons to be in SFV:

Corrections/nitpicks -

cody-streetwise.jpg

ff1-chars.png

I don't think his classic prison garb will ever return either. I'll miss it, but it isn't my favourite Cody outfit. The Streetwise look can burn in the depths of fiery hell, that game was an abomination. In SFIV the developers had an interview where they discussed wanting to completely redesign him without the prison look, but decided it was how most players identified with him so they kept it even though they wanted to change him up a bit. The way SFV has gone, he'll 100% get a redesign. I prefer his classic FF outfit.

I've never seen Cody in modern artworks be represented as a brunette, the latest "lore-friendly" piece of artwork straight from the Final Fight series itself is the Double Impact artwork, which again has him as a blonde.

61gfqw-ZpyL.jpg

ALSO GOOD WORK I DID LIKE IT.

Thanks. I hope I didn't come off as annoyed. I wasn't. As far as Street Wise is concerned. It doesn't exist in my eyes. It's like Dragon Ball GT to me. It's garbage and I don't consider it at all.

Edit: Cody seems to have the same issues as Vega. He is hair color is just not consistent. I'm looking at the Final Fight CD box art. Cody is blonde on the cover. Hair is brown in the game. Why?

capcom.jpg
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • Lord VegaLord Vega Joined: Posts: 312
    I could always use some extra cash. I need the funds to get more source material to put into the guides and it would give me more time to do translations lol.

What source material do you need? I have a lot of stuff...
    The picture comes from 1995 Street Fighter Zero Cards

You're correct. It's from the SFZ Special Edition. Do you have any info about those Bandai cards? I mean, how many cards there are?
    I think SFZ1 have 3 collections. 2 regular and 1 special. But I don't have any clue how many cards each of them have. Is there a checklist?
    I also know that SF2WW, SF2CE, SF2Turbo, SSF2, SSF2X, SF2 Animated Movie, SF2 Victory, and SF3 New Generation have Bandai cards. Do you have any info on them?
    Take all the time you need. As long as the translations come, no matter how slowly, that's all that matter.
    And thanks for all the hard work, I got it that this is an extremely time consuming work.

Not only that. A TON of material doesn't come straight off the games... there are a lot of printed material to look after...
    TONS of Gamest issues to track down. The Gamest Mooks are fairly easy to find, but issues with, for example, Shadaloo reports of Sakura, Dhalsim, Zangief, Rolento and Gen, those are a little bit more difficult to track down the issue number and find. We can have a good base using the old Plot Guide to know what to look after, but I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff isn't there.

• RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 889
    edited August 6

:rofl:
    I have to decline, I'm afraid.
    I'm not only overworked at present... I also think it wouldn't be right to charge someone a fee to let me do any job, the quality (and promptness...) of which I couldn't honestly assure in the first place. Not that I'm not tempted, hahaha. But I've always believed a true translator should work into his or her native tongue to do a really good job. Rest assured that these translations will come... Only SLOWLY. :tongue:
    Cestus wrote: »

s Santa Claus but as a

Oro
    Fang
    Urien/Gill
    Nash
    Karin
    Viper
    Seth (cheater)
    Dudley
    Rose/Dhalsim?

I agree with that list of yours, but don't forget that Zangief is the only street fighter we know for sure has an university degree, and on top of that, he authored a book.
    This picture just reminded me of some things I've been thinking about:

1) Is there any meaning/significance to those earrings and that necklace Rose wears with this dress?

Also that picture of Rose is cute. I've never seen it before. Is it from some long-lost manga or doujin?
    The picture comes from 1995 Street Fighter Zero Cards
    wUlg3Fz.jpg
    that in turn took the concept from this older SFZ art
    rose-dress.jpg
    incidentally the same dress that was used in her MK win pose during the Zero/Alpha series
    rose-sfa-transform-card-slow.gif
    and, slightly tweaked, this SFIV alt (my personal favourite in SFIV, although its Zero version was better)
    rose-ssf4-alt.jpg

I've never seen that symbol, though. It vaguely resembles an Egyptian ankh, but it's clearly not.
    And that's the only image I know that shows Rose with that bolt on her forehead.

Rose's finesse never ceases to amaze me. The fact that she was the first playable female with fashion shoes got my heart instantly. Too classy even in a stirred match (eat your heart out Ryu!). I'm a big fan of GoT and somehow some of its elegant ladies (Cersei, Catherine, Margaery, Melisandre, Shae, Lady Crane, ecc) remind me Rose. Sorry guys for such bullshit tribute talk, but that's because I miss her badly and I'm afraid Menat may replaces her :(
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!