MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

1367368370372373642

Comments

  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,996
    edited August 7
    I feel there's a couple passionate people at Capcom, then a bunch of idiots that lost any clue of what marketing is. For fighting games at least, since RE7 launch was good and they still do well with their Monster Hunter games.
    It almost feels like they do the bare minimum to keep their dominant place in the FG market. Which is sad because in the meanwhile many others are doing thing that can potentially outclass them.

    The board of directors (and their utterly shitty business decisions) is what completely fucks over both SFV and MVCI. Both games could use another year worth of development time and polish. Instead SFV got pushed out early for the sake of eSports and MVCI is getting pushed out early to serve as an advertisement platform for Marvel movies
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 62
    Did anyone do input lag testing on the story demo or at any of the events with the vs demo? Just curious.
  • UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 62
    I see. Man I wonder what PC is gonna be like.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,472
    Yup that's him. He was already troll marked before I became a mod. I'll let who marked him speak for themselves when they are available

    Trolls make me so mad :(
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    If this game doesn't have 2P rematch, I'm going to rage-piss on myself. I do not want to see thumbs-up 2.0.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    flicky wrote: »
    The good thing about this game is that nobody has thoroughly criticised the system mechanics, there's been a few little concerns like projectile reflection, but there's been nothing major like X-Factor damage and MvC3 Sentinel, people seem happy with things like damage scaling. Almost every criticism has been aesthetic and I kind of think that's a good thing, I mean this isn't some street grade rock, this is pure crack cocaine straight from the pot, additcts gonna be dusting off their MAS sticks for this one.

    Can tell you never read my posts...

    I actually think the advanced guard reflecting is good. It can help a lone character combat being chipped to death by projectiles. But then again you never want to be blocking in a Marvel game. But if blocking becomes a thing in this game among all the other changes I dislike about Infinite (which include system mechanic changes, delayering of the games depth and the over reduction of mechanics that added depth in the series, as well as the reduced damaged and the removal of a lot of mechanics from the current installment), I will place my drop a cinder block on my copy of the game on G.P.
    And I was fine with Sentinel and X Factor Damage... it was Zero, MorriDoom and Vergil that I wanted to be balanced out.

    .....

    Dumb question, but the counter switch mechanic... only helps bring a partner in during a combo? So in other words, if you have only one remaining character, you can't break the combo?

    And speaking of banned posters... (my signature)
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    The Counter Switch can bring them in even if you aren't in the middle of eating a combo. I've seen some do it while they were falling in the air.

    But yes, if you're down to your last character, you can't use it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    The Counter Switch can bring them in even if you aren't in the middle of eating a combo. I've seen some do it while they were falling in the air.

    But yes, if you're down to your last character, you can't use it.

    I think that falling bit still counts as them in some form of hitstun, so it's still in the combo.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,781
    The SFXT DLC characters were $20. The funny thing is that price remains the same 5 yrs later.

    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/street-fighter-x-tekken-additional-characters-pack-(12-chars)/cid=UP0102-BLUS30722_00-00307SYSEXPCHA02

    Link is acting weird, but it's still up on PSN. Gotta copy/paste the whole thing to see it.

    Once you had hackers showing off all of the characters right after release, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

    Capcom's strategy for it in MVCI just seemed to be presented wrong. I know they're all about the "games as a service" thing nowadays, but they literally presented Sigma as DLC in their first story trailer. I couldn't even believe it. Once you see characters like Wesker, Vergil, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, and Viewtiful Joe skipped over, you begin to realize that they're likely holding those characters back for future DLC. That's why people are quick to get pissed.

    With the way they were talking, pumping out a lot of characters seems to be what they intend to do. If 6 characters are planned for 2017, I wonder if they're going to plan more for 2018. Then again, we see how hard it is for SFV to get through 6 characters in a yr, so you never know.

    At least MVC is known for having characters from different franchises, so I won't give a single fuck for dlc characters that aren't from Breath of Fire, unlike other games where you didn't have any relation with a character before and can just buy them for their tools, design and etc.
  • ZonkZonk Jackpot! Joined: Posts: 81
    Every game on UE4 seems to have at least 6 frames of input delay. Harada claimed UE4 adds 3-4 frames. PC with VSync off could at best be 5 frames. I assume it will be the same for DBFZ, as it's also on UE4.
    :hp:
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,887 mod
    If this game doesn't have 2P rematch, I'm going to rage-piss on myself. I do not want to see thumbs-up 2.0.

    There will be no saltier thumbs than Marvel thumbs. I have to see somebody struggle to put their thumb up because of the dumb shit they just went through lol

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    willseless wrote: »
    The SFXT DLC characters were $20. The funny thing is that price remains the same 5 yrs later.

    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/street-fighter-x-tekken-additional-characters-pack-(12-chars)/cid=UP0102-BLUS30722_00-00307SYSEXPCHA02

    Link is acting weird, but it's still up on PSN. Gotta copy/paste the whole thing to see it.

    Once you had hackers showing off all of the characters right after release, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

    Capcom's strategy for it in MVCI just seemed to be presented wrong. I know they're all about the "games as a service" thing nowadays, but they literally presented Sigma as DLC in their first story trailer. I couldn't even believe it. Once you see characters like Wesker, Vergil, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, and Viewtiful Joe skipped over, you begin to realize that they're likely holding those characters back for future DLC. That's why people are quick to get pissed.

    With the way they were talking, pumping out a lot of characters seems to be what they intend to do. If 6 characters are planned for 2017, I wonder if they're going to plan more for 2018. Then again, we see how hard it is for SFV to get through 6 characters in a yr, so you never know.

    At least MVC is known for having characters from different franchises, so I won't give a single fuck for dlc characters that aren't from Breath of Fire, unlike other games where you didn't have any relation with a character before and can just buy them for their tools, design and etc.

    Some have brought up that other games, admittedly non-fighters, seem to have less delay. We'll see when DBFZ comes out.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/aug/07/reflecting-projectiles-pushblock-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-easier-it-seems-video-shows-timing-isnt-very-strict/

    Hmm. Projectile reflecting is actually easy, it turns out.

    Looks like d3v was talking out of his ass. As usual.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/aug/07/reflecting-projectiles-pushblock-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-easier-it-seems-video-shows-timing-isnt-very-strict/

    Hmm. Projectile reflecting is actually easy, it turns out.

    Looks like d3v was talking out of his ass. As usual.

    Yeah, because I got that information from other players who've had more hands on time with the game than me I was definitely talking out of my ass.

    It's a game in development, stuff can change. What may have been true in other builds may not necessarily be so in another one.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    d3v wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/aug/07/reflecting-projectiles-pushblock-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-easier-it-seems-video-shows-timing-isnt-very-strict/

    Hmm. Projectile reflecting is actually easy, it turns out.

    Looks like d3v was talking out of his ass. As usual.

    Yeah, because I got that information from other players who've had more hands on time with the game than me I was definitely talking out of my ass.

    It's a game in development, stuff can change. What may have been true in other builds may not necessarily be so in another one.

    Here's a couple of things that won't change.

    1. The game being shit.
    2. Your virginity.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,267
    0 to asshole in 2 posts.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

    The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

    "Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

    "Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • NoChartNoChart When the urgency strikes you, you better not lose your nerve. Joined: Posts: 935
    I disagree and don't like your opinion, so you haven't had sex. Yup, another Psycho conversation.

    That's what happens when the representative from 4chan has the floor.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    I usually try not to step in unless people actually start complaining to me, but going straight to insults in 2 posts, without provocation, is something that we can't let slide.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,887 mod
    He's behind bars so often that it might as well just be his standard av.


    Little more than one month before the badness starts.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,332
    d3v wrote: »
    I usually try not to step in unless people actually start complaining to me, but going straight to insults in 2 posts, without provocation, is something that we can't let slide.

    Lol is that not how SRK rolls? Or does it only matter if you're not shitting on http://dontevenreply.com and it's affiliates?

    I know everyone's ban happy because http://dontevenreply.com ain't got it anymore, but y'all could at least fire back before reaching for Mjolnir.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • NoChartNoChart When the urgency strikes you, you better not lose your nerve. Joined: Posts: 935
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol is that not how SRK rolls? Or does it only matter if you're not shitting on http://dontevenreply.com and it's affiliates?

    I know everyone's ban happy because http://dontevenreply.com ain't got it anymore, but y'all could at least fire back before reaching for Mjolnir.

    Tuck your hate-boner back into your pants, Po. There's no defending Psych0J0sh's bullshit, and there are plenty of dissenting opinions on this forum that don't resort to his garbage-water spewing to make a point.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 892
    I wonder what the Soul Gem is gonna do. I am assuming reviving a teammate which could be crazy. Fuuuuck Capcom reveal it already!!
    DiasFox wrote: »
    Wait, we are all girls until proven otherwise, and I can't prove myself...



    My inbox is always open for such matters.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,525


    interesting video about mvci and the plans for adding it to the cpt by the left behind dude. probably wasn't supposed to be uploaded.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,297
    Definitely should not have been uploaded.

    Interesting fact it cost 300,000 for some costumes and some stages????

    But it's to be expected, we'll probably see it ,
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    Numbers are probably based on CPT numbers.

    Some of the stuff regarding how much it costs to sponsor are in line with what I know for CPT.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    Spending nearly $1.5 mil to make just under $700k profit?

    I know some brothers that could flip for 100-150% returns. Capcom be dealing with some weed shotters. They need Dame Dash, some Mexicans, Tommy, Ghost and Tasha handling their finances.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    Any sort of profit is good enough for fighting games as esports. There's a ton of stuff that we can't really do (because no one in the FGC would want to do it) such as team or city buy in for millions, etc. like what other companies are doing.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    I was being a fool- there are people spending $200 on pre-orders, Capcom saved costs by reusing assets from Umvc3... they're virtually in profit within a month. Dlcs and tournaments are just increasing their profit.

    It was interesting to see how the business side of things worked in the video. Had no idea the kind of resources and licensing, and strategy even, that went into a game and tournaments.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 619
    Does anyone know if Thanos projectil can be reflected?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    digos25 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Thanos projectil can be reflected?

    Best to assume it can.
This discussion has been closed.