Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 777
    po pimpus wrote: »
    RIP in Peace, Gowasu. GodTube lives on...

Heard his last words were, "Zamasu..."

I hope Cus maintains the channel.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    So it seems that i am the only one that think that the episode was mediocre at best :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,774
    Hecatom wrote: »
    So it seems that i am the only one that think that the episode was mediocre at best :rofl:

Damn right you are.

People complained about last week's Ep having wasted half of its time on a joke.
    Now this one was action packed, had some cool stuff like Piccolo KOing a fool with Hellzone Grenade, had U10 getting Kirbied and people still complain?

What do you want bro? Legit question, which episode was cool for you?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited August 13
    Volt wrote: »

What do you want bro? Legit question, which episode was cool for you?

I'll be honest, so far DBS has been quite meh for me, it has some cool moments here and there, but over all the show has been quite garbage imo.
    At this point i only watch it because my nephew likes to watch it with me and my brother, and even he thought this episode was meh.

So far, DBS has been a show where i expect nothing and i still feel robbed in some way at the end :rofl:

EDIT

Besides
    Any episode with Gohan as the lead is a huge fail by default, fight me.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,664

People complained about last week's Ep having wasted half of its time on a joke.

Pretty sure people were serious in their dislike towards the episode, because it was trash
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Pretty sure people were serious in their dislike towards the episode, because it was trash

Didn't say it wasn't. 10 minutes in a 20 minute episode to make a joke? Get outta here.

I said that this one was an improvement, at the very least on the action side of the tournament, but it was pretty good overall.

godTube losing 2 of its best Tea Channels was a loss we can all mourn though.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    At this point, you either like Super or you don't... and if you don't, why are you still watching?

I'm disappointed Discount Dhalsim got off-screened by the Yardrat... Man Universe 10 was almost entirely composed of jobbers...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,678
    Wasted wrote: »
    So does he. Natural selection :coffee:

Gohan
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Gohan a hoe ass nigga. That man had a family

He sure does. He has a mother, a wife, a daughter, a father, a father in law, and a much better father.

And no one else.

That should of been tiens fight. Let the nigga without family fight him. Could of used his 3rd eye to see through that dudes technique

I should write for dbs
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,643
    At this point, you either like Super or you don't... and if you don't, why are you still watching?

I'm disappointed Discount Dhalsim got off-screened by the Yardrat... Man Universe 10 was almost entirely composed of jobbers...

Dragon Ball Super is the SFV of anime. A lot of people hate it, but still follow it intently. I don't get it. If I don't like something drop it.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,301
    edited August 13
    SFV's relationship with the community/DBS's relationship with the haters mirrors my stance on SFV Akuma:

I hate all of the new changes they made to Akuma, but it's still Akuma, so its quality can't dip below serviceable.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    Again, Super is actually good. Stop comparing it to Capcpom trash.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Dragon Ball Super is the SFV of anime. A lot of people hate it, but still follow it intently. I don't get it. If I don't like something drop it.

But Super is actually good...

Not really the point of my post. Everyone "hates DBS", Everyone "hates SFV". Yet the viewership/tourny participation shows that isn't the case and people just like to bitch. Not saying people don't legitimately hate DBS or SFV. It's just tat the people that do, don't spend huge portions of their free telling everyone how much they hate it. They've moved other things.
    Again, Super is actually good. Stop comparing it to Capcpom trash.

Actual quality is irrelevant in this discussion. It's how the community acts that is being discussed
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,090

Because I need people to know to stop supporting Toei/Toriyama's bad writing
    FUCK TEEOI
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,735

bullshit. SFV doesn't have 80+ playable characters, it's not even a compatible comparison.

hate towards Super is unjustified. hate towards SFV is ENTIRELY justified and is actually not followed by the majority of the FGC, just the loud minority overall.
    a lot of SF veterans still reject SFV to this day.

whereas Super is becoming more and more the greatest era of the entire anime's history overall.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,557
    Get out of here with your sf5 talk please. Seriously.

Godtube got a whole lot worse.
    affinity wrote: »

bullshit. SFV doesn't have 80+ playable characters, it's not even a compatible comparison.

hate towards Super is unjustified. hate towards SFV is ENTIRELY justified and is actually not followed by the majority of the FGC, just the loud minority overall.
    a lot of SF veterans still reject SFV to this day.

whereas Super is becoming more and more the greatest era of the entire anime's history overall.

You really shouldn't respond to post that you either didn't read fully or generally failed to comprehend. If missing the point were a sport you'd be a Hall of Famer.
    edited August 13

It's something I've been noticing recently, people are getting mad because it's not telling the story they wanna hear.

My problem with DBS is strictly with its quality and inconcesties.
    For example, this episode wasted half of it with something that it was by all intents and purpose a filler and the interesting part against Obuni was rushed and suffered because of it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532

It's something I've been noticing recently, people are getting mad because it's not telling the story they wanna hear.

My problem with DBS is strictly with its quality and inconcesties.
    For example, this episode wasted half of it with something that it was by all intents and purpose a filler and the interesting part against Obuni was rushed and suffered because of it.

The Gohan/Obuni scene was short by design, not because it was rushed.

As far as we know, since a huge twist can happen and recontextualize everything, U7 will win because the ending of the manga is a thing. We know all these characters won't matter. They are walking corpses so we can get some insight on how the U7 team feels about this situation as a whole. They've all made up their minds on what had to be done, and this bit with Gohan was made strictly to show us that the most empathic guy in U7 has come to terms with it as well.

Obuni isn't so much of a character as he is a tool to develop Gohan and, saying this as someone who is far from a Gohan fan, it works really damn well. No BS, no excessive drama. Obuni fought till the end, Gohan was just better and finished him off with all he got as a sign of respect.

I do agree that the first half feels a bit fillery, but that's because the Gohan scene was the focus of the episode and it needed to be be done just right.

I have my fair share of issues with Super, but this episode wasn't one of them.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,950
    tbh I wasn't too fond of the first movie and the second movie was a little meh cause of power level retcon. BUT watching the anime especially during the U6/7 showdown (read: Hit) has made me like this trolling piece of shit lol. Mirai Trunks saga was great and this arc is probably the best the anime has seen.

This week I got Gohan/Piccolo San action, my balls have been thoroughly emptied. Can't wait to see Hit next week and yeah bring more Frost/Freeza
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    edited August 14
    Hit was the turning point for many DBS nay-sayers
    Super introduced a lot of good characters if you stop to look at it. Hit's only one of them.
    It felt like a breath of fresh air, and certainly helps with game rosters.

The FT Arc, the ToP Arc and that Hit Filler Arc are probably the highlights, but the progression and character development all around was really good.

Even as someone who didn't watch the movies covered in the first two arcs, I do think they were kinda boring, and the first was really drawn out, but as world-building tools, they worked well.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,789
    The stakes in this are high

They cannot wish people back it would be in complete defiance of zen and the angel guard
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,641
    Zeno might not care, but Grand Priest wouldn't be too pleased about bringing back universes...

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,950
    when averages don't matter... Universe 7 was supposed to be among the lowest level yet no nigga can beat Goku or Gohan (my grandma can beat Vegeta). Meanwhile you see U10 getting the "Bye Bye" before then. Not to mention U7 beating U6 already. I imagine something like this could be used to spare the universes despite their low level. Goku be like "Zen chan there were really strong people fighting in this tournament, don't you think?" "Hai"
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It also reaffirms just how broken Saiyans truly are.

like we really needed that lmfao
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/