MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC is 4 Marvel characters, 2 Capcom. Black Widow confirmed

Comments

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 986
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I don't even plan to play Infinite, but I can't let those bad habits go unnoticed here.

It's as if I decided to just nonstop whine about YRC in Xrd or shit reversals in SFV. I can either get used to it or stop playing.
    Why wouldnt some want a game that they like to be better?
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,387 mod
    It's likely people that haven't played much of the older Marvels.

This. The problem being that some of these people now think that because it wasn't in 3, it must be a stupid mechanic. ChromeAlchemist is one of those people. You've also got other people, like this one guy in the subreddit going around and acting as if MvC3 was the pinnacle of the Vs series.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't even plan to play Infinite, but I can't let those bad habits go unnoticed here.

It's as if I decided to just nonstop whine about YRC in Xrd or shit reversals in SFV. I can either get used to it or stop playing.

Proximity guard doesn't make a game worse nor is there proof that it does. It's not like people played the Vs. series in spite of it. Like anything else in the game, it was a tool used and also something you had to master to avoid.

We all managed to do just that.
    This is offensive.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 611

Proximity guard doesn't make a game worse nor is there proof that it does. It's not like people played the Vs. series in spite of it. Like anything else in the game, it was a tool used and also something you had to master to avoid.

We all managed to do just that.

Proximity guard was great in MvC2 because it caused guard break in certain situations.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,126 mod
    edited September 5
    d3v wrote: »
    It's likely people that haven't played much of the older Marvels.

This. The problem being that some of these people now think that because it wasn't in 3, it must be a stupid mechanic. ChromeAlchemist is one of those people. You've also got other people, like this one guy in the subreddit going around and acting as if MvC3 was the pinnacle of the Vs series.

Yeah I really hare that rhetoric where people just praise the last game that came out like it baptized their baby. Especially when the last game was shitted on by a bunch of people and had a lot of volatile mechanics. People played Marvel 3 because of the creativity despite the flaws. Not because it sprayed holy water upon those that played it.

I don't mind people liking or preferring the old game, but it's going to be fun when a game that was known for being busted as hell with momentum turns into wins off so much shit gets suddenly praised and heralded. Especially those that are going to use that game to suggest how much better Infinite could have been if it was like a classic. Should be fun

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited September 5
    If we're talking about the same guard break that made Cable an asshole, that wasn't because of proximity guard.

His bullet was full-screen anyway so you sorta needed the defensive character to block from that distance anyway. Guard breaks resulted from normal jumps containing only one action. So if I did a move, you blocked, and I gave a break, you couldn't do shit until you touched the ground again. It was that little mechanic that meant all I had to do was waste your air action and then you were vulnerable to an attack.

This is offensive.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,387 mod
    edited September 5

Because what may be better for someone may not actually be better for the game overall. One, non Marvel, or FG example I love bringing up is Starcraft 2 vs Brood War. Sure, for some people, the less buggy pathing and general easier time controlling units in 2 may be "better", but it actually screws over the meta. The original Starcraft (and Brood War) has buggy pathing that actually made the game much deeper and more compelling at high level play. The game was a true test of skill that favored players who were able to properly control their units, compared to Starcraft 2 which devolved into just creating "death balls" that didn't need as much micro to control.

While, proximity guard isn't as big a thing for Marvel as the buggy pathing was for Brood War, at the end of the day, it's still part of the recipé that made MvC2 what it was - it's removal from 3 probably did contribute to why that game was a much bigger pixie rushdown focused game (outside or Morrigan) than 2, by making movement easier (and lockdown weaker).
    If we're talking about the same guard break that made Cable an asshole, that wasn't because of proximity guard.

His bullet was full-screen anyway so you sorta needed the defensive character to block from that distance anyway. Guard breaks resulted from normal jumps containing only one action. So if I did a move, you blocked, and I gave a break, you couldn't do shit until you touched the ground again. It was that little mechanic that meant all I had to do was waste your air action and then you were vulnerable to an attack.

I think he means certain unblockables (such as Sentinel's cr.fierce) which happened because Capcom forgot to put proximity guard boxes on certain frames.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 611
    In my head I just call it Marvel super Heroes 2, I just allow Marvel and Capcom to let it go because Lego have already nabbed that title.

I honestly don't compare this to U3 in any shape or form other than the recycled assets. It's like MSH with a tag mechanic, and Capcom characters, and no RNG. Of course U3 players will be salty, but to me this is Capcom doing what they've always done, being lazy, and it's almost always created a gem. That's why I've been on board from the get go, it's the added aspect of playing the series from the start, as opposed to just recent years.

I remember for almost five years straight all I would watch would be (3S and) MvC2, the game was busted to hell, a Chinese ripoff of a Chinese ripoff, but every single match there was something new you never even dreamed of, and that's what kept me chasing the game. MvC3 had promise but U3 ruined it for me, and then KBR became Marvel god with three big bodies, not so happy.

This to me is completely refreshing and I can't wait to get started, the roster is just a sacrifice we had to make to have such different gameplay.
    I'd rather keep playing Xrd and DBFZ. :coffee:
    This is offensive.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 GET KIDNAPPED AGAIN Joined: Posts: 4,065
    @d3v RE: Starcraft
    I'll agree that at the tip-top professional level, BW is more interesting to watch than SC2.
    But I hated playing the first and could actually manage playing the second, so there's a certain amount of trade-off there depending on what audience you're catering to.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,970
    After finishing the Arcade mode, there is a classic "thank you" screen and extra colors are activated for the pair I use when I complete the 8 screens. Of course, there would be endings for each character in the cast.

They are 8 battles, being 6 against couples formed random members, 1 against a mini-boss and 1 against the boss. This mini-boss is even known to those who have been attentive to the development of the game.

The creator of Mega Man, lends his name (and expertise) to database and information of Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. Here we can find the soundtrack of the game (music of the topics and theme of each character), technical details of the fighters, voices, artworks and cutscenes from story mode.

http://www.collectible506.com/c506-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-revelaciones-del-modo-arcade-modo-historia-y-mas/

So Arcade endings appear to be in.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,267
    extra colllloorrsss baaabbbbyyyyyy!!! give me thattttt!!!!!!

Neat. When Ghost Rider tags in Jedah, he calls him "Dark Messiah".

• Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 462
    edited September 5
    Is that a feint hint of crack I smell?
    I can control myself if it's just a small whiff.
  • UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 52
    Yo, I'm not hating on the game (as my PC can handle it) but, why the hell is MvCI install 59 GB!??!

What the hell is Capcom hiding in this bad boy? The entire MCU Phase 1 movies?

I can't remember an FG that took that much space for PC.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,834
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »

well jedah does attack using might and magic
    Unsafe wrote: »
    Yo, I'm not hating on the game (as my PC can handle it) but, why the hell is MvCI install 59 GB!??!

What the hell is Capcom hiding in this bad boy? The entire MCU Phase 1 movies?

I can't remember an FG that took that much space for PC.

Do you really want to know?
    It's DLC

SF5 was 7 GB.

I know you got 6 characters locked up for dlc this time but, gawd damn 59 GB.... What the hell is in this thing...
  • ManlyPlantManlyPlant Joined: Posts: 82
    SF5 had a lot less content on launch than what MvCi is offering even if we don't include MvCi's larger roster. Full story mode, Arcade, Missions (Listing them here because it seems to imply more than just combo trials this time from what we heard), Different online modes, a lot different visual effects, and so on.
    Okay, my bad forgot about SFV not having all those things in the beginning (I picked it up later).

Didn't know BB was that large of a DL.

Thanks for the info.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,098

I'm more interested in how Firebrand ignites his tornadoes
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,098

Some Nemesis ass whooping for all you big body fans.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,258
    When I realize I'm probably going to use ryu for the sole purpose of using his beam hadouken to pretend I'm using goku already lol
  • CSword123CSword123 oh god OHGOD! why did I think this was a good idea? please... just- I'M SORRY!! Joined: Posts: 1,205
    Now all he needs to do is call Morrigan "succubus" and all is good.
    KI: Jago
    GG: Chipp/Ky
    UMVC3: Team "Rider May Die" - Ghost Rider/Vergil/Dante
    Best KI community on the webs: www.killerinstinctonline.net
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,506
    After finishing the Arcade mode, there is a classic "thank you" screen and extra colors are activated for the pair I use when I complete the 8 screens. Of course, there would be endings for each character in the cast.

They are 8 battles, being 6 against couples formed random members, 1 against a mini-boss and 1 against the boss. This mini-boss is even known to those who have been attentive to the development of the game.

The creator of Mega Man, lends his name (and expertise) to database and information of Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. Here we can find the soundtrack of the game (music of the topics and theme of each character), technical details of the fighters, voices, artworks and cutscenes from story mode.

http://www.collectible506.com/c506-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-revelaciones-del-modo-arcade-modo-historia-y-mas/

i don't think so. It seems like they're are pointing out it would have endings on other iterations.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Peeeeeace! Joined: Posts: 802
    Why do people hate the return of proximity guarding?

That wasn't so much a problem in Marvel 2, not if you knew how to use your dashes correctly. Are people really going to bitch about having to learn how to properly control their movements?

I'm down for anything that makes it feel more like marvel 2
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,551
    Why do people hate the return of proximity guarding?

That wasn't so much a problem in Marvel 2, not if you knew how to use your dashes correctly. Are people really going to bitch about having to learn how to properly control their movements?

The issue is that MvCI is likely to be MUCH more based on the ground than MvC2 ever was. With MvC2 you had absolutely no reason to ever be on the ground for more than a split second unless you were comboing someone to death...or doing Short, Short, Psyblade.

Now the upside is that there's no assists to really make that terrible but there's always the potential of something going wrong with it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Yea, just saying something is good or fine because it was in marvel 2 doesn't really make sense to me. Not that I feel one way or the other about the proximity blocking but this is going to be a different game from marvel 2
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,726
    Watching that Dante/Jedah match got me thinking: Wouldn't characters who can pass through opponents with a special move (Dante's teleport, Thanos' teleport, and so on) be really damn good in a Soul Storm because you can reposition them behind the opponent for free? Once you have opponents on both sides, it's really hard to get an escape (unless you're Haggar) and you can't even punish things without the other guy blowing you up.
    Also, command throws to catch gaps in a blockstring that you couldn't normally exploit with tags, such as between the hits of Cap's shield toss. The real grimy shit with this is the mix ups, since all the stones give you batshit insane combos (except Space).
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,476
    Jedahs zoning looks pretty oppressive with multiple wheels out at the same time
    Million Dollars doesn't pierce anymore?

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,359

Meanwhile SFV forces you to play a shitty Survival mode with like 300 stages total, or spend your hard earned Fight Money, or do a microtransation and unlock all the colors with real money
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,126 mod
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Jedahs zoning looks pretty oppressive with multiple wheels out at the same time

I was hoping he could get multiple wheels out. It looked like Combofiend was trying to show it off in the exhibition. So good

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• ManlyPlantManlyPlant Joined: Posts: 82
    Million Dollars doesn't pierce anymore?

I'd Imagine if it still did it would make Counter Switch very hard to use when fighting Dante or something.
    edited September 5
    I just noticed ryu has a command normal in the air on his movelist. Has that been shown yet?

Think i just looked at it wrong and it's his air throw lol
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,398
    Is that super where Jedah slams the ground and the hands raise up a command grab or a hit?
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191