SRK Lounge: Behead Those Who Insult Coffee

Comments

• odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea, friendzone is just an idea invented by ugly guys who can't get laid.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dangerous J's Dating Tips!

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,043
    edited September 13
    Pertho wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    You're asking somebody to make rational decisions with brains full of wacky chemicals and somebody dangling a carrot in front of them.

That right there is the same sort of thinking that leads to law enforcement asking rape victims "well, what were you wearing?".

What pisses me off about this reply is that you should actually than to go on the deep end of a false equivalency.

Those two situations are nowhere near close to the same.

Actually, statistically.... you're going WAY farther off the deep end by making these kinds of assumptions of false equivalency (ie. falseified claims, women's fault, lying etc), vs. assuming the women has been raped. How do people still not understand its likely 90%-%10

Like you can't use an AT BEST 1 out of 10 scenario as a legitimate defense arguement
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's a movie, you twat.
    This is offensive.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah, i know. Bautista is in it. stop talking politics in the lounge.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    Make me.
    This is offensive.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,519
    Stop talking political movies in the lounge.

Alice had so much fun in wonderland they really should legalise those mushrooms.
    Preppy ain't gonna do shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    This is offensive.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,096
    I'm so on the fence about MvCi. Feel like it is going to be another title I buy where I mess around in training mode for an afternoon to see what characters can do, and then never play the game again.

Kind of miss the old, old days when everybody was bad at MvC2 so you could get away with playing whatever you wanted without even having to understand what real bullshit was.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    edited September 13
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I say the friend zone doesn't really exist because you always have the choice to remove yourself from the situation.

If you're attracted to someone and they don't reciprocate, then you need to either accept it and move on, or cut ties if you can't see them as a friend.

In either scenario, the "zonee" needs to put on their big boy pants and move forward.

What about those women or men who one has been made aware of how the other feels. They say they rather just be friends. They both agree with this. But that person continues to gives signs that they may be attracted to you in that way? There are people who are like that. Maybe they're just flirtatious for fun. But some folks really do try to keep people on a emotional leash.

Kinda hard for a person to just move on when the other person is being a manipulative bitch/asshole. Using their affection as a carrot on a stick. Now the typical friend zone yeah it ultimately falls on the person to just accept the situation for what it is and move on. But the situation Starhammer and I are talking about. That's the cruel version of the friend zone, and it does exist.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    edited September 13
    Gimpy wrote: »

I see no problem here. Bitch hit him with the Menat V-Trigger of racist insults. He parried all that shit!

White girl gets expelled and probably finishes high school in home schooling.
    Black kid gets expelled and probably a couple months in juvie for aggravated assault.

Also for that strider combo you cant quickstand after touching the floor?
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,014
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I say the friend zone doesn't really exist because you always have the choice to remove yourself from the situation.

If you're attracted to someone and they don't reciprocate, then you need to either accept it and move on, or cut ties if you can't see them as a friend.

In either scenario, the "zonee" needs to put on their big boy pants and move forward.

What about those women or men who one has been made aware of how the other feels. They say they rather just be friends. They both agree with this. But that person continues to gives signs that they may be attracted to you in that way? There are people who are like that. Maybe they're just flirtatious for fun. But some folks really do try to keep people on a emotional leash.

Kinda hard for a person to just move on when the other person is being a manipulative bitch/asshole. Using their affection as a carrot on a stick. Now the typical friend zone yeah it ultimately falls on the person to just accept the situation for what it is and move on. But the situation Starhammer and I are talking about. That's the cruel version of the friend zone, and it does exist.

They don't give signs. It was already laid out from the girl that nothing will happen. The guy friendzoning the girl will throw her dick in a dryspell. Because guys are guys. The girl friendzoning the guy makes it clear nothing will happen.

"You're such a great guy! You will make a lucky girl so happy"

It sounds like you and starhammer come from a place of simping experience. Starhammer also laid it out that some chick accused him of harrassment when he thought he was being forward. And he has that view that sexual harrassment isn't real.

Your ass also being sheepish because of how many women laugh you off.

And you get mad when your friends talk about getting toppy.

Nobody has sympathy for guys forcing themselves through a loop because they think "good deeds" lead to pussy. Nah, be nice to be nice. Don't do shit with the underlying goal of fucking somebody who doesn't want to fuck you. That is embarrasing and horrible.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985

I see no problem here. Bitch hit him with the Menat V-Trigger of racist insults. He parried all that shit!

A good bitch slap would've been proper. But all that? He did too much. But then again, don't let your mouth write checks your fist can't cash. Guess she was banking on "Boys can't hit girls" or something. Sorry sweetie, this is a new world where chivalry has been long dead. And you ladies killed it.
    It's not chivalry it is just people being raised shitty thinking violence is the answer and people thinking words won't lead to shit

Dragon Fighter Z is doing everything right to create the hype. Waiting for arcsys sequel to be with jump characters. Goku, ichigo, naruto doing too much
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

A good bitch slap would've been proper. But all that? He did too much. But then again, don't let your mouth write checks your fist can't cash. Guess she was banking on "Boys can't hit girls" or something. Sorry sweetie, this is a new world where chivalry has been long dead. And you ladies killed it.

I mean... This has nothing to do with chivalry, but ok.
    odin wrote: »

I mean... This has nothing to do with chivalry, but ok.

Somebody talks shit and gets wrecked

It's like white girl stuck in a bubble

The way i feel is shitty people throw hands and shitty people push other shitty people and catch hands
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,763
    Raz0r wrote: »

It'd be better just to give Strider to Platinum....or at the absolute least commission them for a game series with AAA budget.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,277 admin
    edited September 13
    I'm always happy to infract people for metamoderating, if that's your concern. Use the Flag :: Report or PM a mod if you're troubled about something.

We got a new barcade in Seattle with MvC2 (Coindexters in Greenwood). Had a nice rotation going on last night. I'd forgot how much concave buttons suck, though. My mashing callouses are already on their way back. Time to figure out where my convex button stock is and drop some off for them to install.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

How many damn Barcardes are there in the world? Just in my immediate area there are three.

We met the guy who runs the one in Williamsburg (he's a friend of the woman I visited in New Orleans) and my friend had a long conversation about fixing the damn sticks so I can wave dash. I hope he fixes them because I wanna go whoop some ass.
    This is offensive.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    How many damn Barcardes are there in the world? Just in my immediate area there are three.

We met the guy who runs the one in Williamsburg (he's a friend of the woman I visited in New Orleans) and my friend had a long conversation about fixing the damn sticks so I can wave dash. I hope he fixes them because I wanna go whoop some ass.

i got at least 2 in boston and 2 in rhode island.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Poodypie has been racist since day one...........why people are now surprised surprises me.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I really want to see how this one ends in court, but I doubt we'll get news of it. Bitch paid all that money for college, but ended up learning the lesson for free.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Preppy wrote: »
    I'm always happy to infract people for metamoderating, if that's your concern. Use the Flag :: Report or PM a mod if you're troubled about something.

i'm not metamoderating. i'm following a rule you made a few pages back. Raz0r is breaking the rule, and i tried to get him to stop doing it so he wouldn't be punished.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,828
    edited September 13
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Or you can remain her friend but make sure that any privileges and advantages she had beforehand are no longer viable. There's no reason to have her treated any different than your other friends.

you mean being a simp?

Chalking the rejection to "she ain't into me" and moving on is considered being a simp? Here I was thinking I'd have to wait until I got to work to hear/read a dumb statement.

No I mean are you talking about we don't have to be a simp just a regular friend to her
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING