Video Game General 5.0: Tokyo Game Show 2017 9/22-9/24, Sony Conference 9/19 @ 12am PT/3am ET

Comments

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 3,928
    edited September 14
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    I played Doom last year on PS4.

If you're going to get third-party support, then it needs to be new games.

It's really hard for me to care about Nintendo anymore.

The fact that Nintendo is even getting these games is enough really in comparison to past 3rd party support. If Bethesda actually gets success frome these ports especially Doom and Wolfenstein then its going to make other western 3rd parties take notice. Gotta take the steps for the 3rd parties to build their confidence before they decide to go all the way in.

Yep, makes me think GTAV on the switch may actually be a thing.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,949
    GTAV was on PS3 and 360 so a Switch port won't be impossible.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,509
    yo i just realized something.
    im playing as A2 right now.
    i just noticed that is you equip only small swords to her weapons slot 1....then equip heavy swords to her weapons slots slot 2..and you switch on the fly hitting up on the d pad its like dante in dmc4 yo! shit is hype.
    and wire pod program is like donte's chain move where u latch on and go flying toward them. helps against flying enemies. you can latch on to other things apprently cuz i latched onto the crane in the factory.
    dis game.
    dis fuckin game.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    100 GB is JUST for the mp of Doom?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,774
    edited September 14

no it's for the game plus multiplayer and all the updates.

I've been hearing from various people on this thread that it was about 100 gigs but doing some research says the game previously was around the 75 gig mark.

Microsoft store says about 60
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/doom/c3qh42wrgm3r

Dunno how true this is now though can't find anything for how large the game in total is currently.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,389
    po pimpus wrote: »
    If you've ever played FE before, get Conquest.

Goddamn those characters are dumb as fuck though... Corrin is especially retarded.

hmm alright, i still will also get Awakening...shit is going that premiun price right though. its $42 on amazon, but everywhere else only has digital codes and gamestop selling that shit used for $50
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,246
    DrellyFish wrote: »

Goddamn those characters are dumb as fuck though... Corrin is especially retarded.

hmm alright, i still will also get Awakening...shit is going that premiun price right though. its $42 on amazon, but everywhere else only has digital codes and gamestop selling that shit used for $50

If you do that, play Awakening first.

It's really hard to go back to it after playing Conquest.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,389
    DrellyFish wrote: »

If you do that, play Awakening first.

It's really hard to go back to it after playing Conquest.

Sounds good. i think after Awakening I will go back and do Radiant Dawn and finisn Sacred Stones or restart I should say, my Sacred Stones data got corrupted :(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,858

I've been hearing from various people on this thread that it was about 100 gigs but doing some research says the game previously was around the 75 gig mark.

Dunno how true this is now though can't find anything for how large the game in total is currently.

My Steam Install comes up as 67 GB under folder properties
    Not including any additional support files installed elsewhere.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,583
    Darksakul wrote: »

My ps4 install was like 80 gbs at a point. I had to remove it to play other games
    Darksakul wrote: »

My ps4 install was like 80 gbs at a point. I had to remove it to play other games

I can only confirm the main install files. Windows Installs like to put files in weird places.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,646
    edited September 14
    Looks like Mario Odyssey has received visual improvements from the earlier builds showcased.
    59zpebet5rlz.jpg
    Somewhat unsurprising since the earlier playable builds were still a work in progress that had some noticeable frame drops and visual issues relating to draw distance. Still though even back then it looked awesome and now it looks even better.
    Looks like the textures and lighting have been improved and Peach has a new model (her old model was almost certainly a placeholder since Tiara is absent).
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,022
    I really do hate Princess Peach. Just one of the most uninteresting, overrated "Icons" in gaming.
    She's just a huge nothing. Whenever you see her on screen you know that your time is about to be wasted. She's going to go "Oh? Oh!" and then a more interesting character is going to come in and do an actual something.

She was cool in Paper Mario when she was cheating on Mario with that computer, but other than that she's almost always straight trash. She is as close to nothing as something can be and it makes me angry that people actually like her. That they had the balls to waste 3 character slots in Mario Kart 8 on her. My god I'm fucking salty about that lmao
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,981
    Dragons-Crown-PS4-Ver-Leak_09-14-17-600x94.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dragons-crown-pro-ps4-announcement-leaked
    The Niconico page for Atlus’ Tokyo Game Show 2017 live stream on September 24, the contents of which are yet to be announced, features a banner to pre-order the limited edition of an unannounced PlayStation 4 version of Dragon’s Crown called Dragon’s Crown Pro.

Clicking the banner brings you to the Dragon’s Crown official website, which currently does not mention the PlayStation 4 version.

It is likely the PlayStation 4 version was planned to be announced in the lead up to or at Tokyo Game Show 2017, which runs from September 21 to 24.

Niconico page for Atlus TGS 2017 livestream:
    http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305443575

official site:
    http://dragons-crown.com/
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,981
    Dragons-Crown-PS4-Ver-Leak_09-14-17-600x94.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dragons-crown-pro-ps4-announcement-leaked
    The Niconico page for Atlus’ Tokyo Game Show 2017 live stream on September 24, the contents of which are yet to be announced, features a banner to pre-order the limited edition of an unannounced PlayStation 4 version of Dragon’s Crown called Dragon’s Crown Pro.

Clicking the banner brings you to the Dragon’s Crown official website, which currently does not mention the PlayStation 4 version.

It is likely the PlayStation 4 version was planned to be announced in the lead up to or at Tokyo Game Show 2017, which runs from September 21 to 24.

Niconico page for Atlus TGS 2017 livestream:
    http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305443575

official site:
    http://dragons-crown.com/
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,864
    Doom on the switch?

33510-Doom_(USA)-1497229912.jpg

(> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,187
    More Dragon's Crown pleases me greatly, need to get my backstab on with the elf again and my PS3 sounds like a jet engine taking off these days.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Think about Nier all day at work
    Start it up, configure settings
    Die once in the prologue
    Die twice in the prologue
    Go to bed

if you die, its mandatory to find and retrieve your body..or you lose those hella valuable chips man. i fear death in this game because if you die trying to retrieve your body you lose those chips. which hppened to me before. more than once.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,050
    Really would have preferred a Muramasa remake. this works just fine on my PS3 but I really don't like using that mess of wires called a Vita tv.
    edited September 14
    if you dont have or ever played or have no interest in playing the first Nier game....and you wanna play Nier Automata, not its necessary since its not, but i recommend you watch a full playthrough of Nier.
    i recommend the best friends playthrough of it because they talk alot about interesting things regarding it.

the reason i watched the full playthrough is because i dont own a console. my lst console was the ps2.
    and i wont ever buy a console ever again.
    since Nier isnt on pc. had to watch the playthrough. this playthrough is one of the best ive seen, and og Nier is a great game. fabulous story.
    but watch the full best friends playthrough, 33 eps 1/2 hour each ep. its compelling, engaging. and very entertaining.
    but the reason you should watch...not just to understand wtf is going on in Nier Automata better, but because the dudes talking about the game and all the things that correlates to it and what not.
    you'll see what discussions and deep thoughts it causes.
    for example, they mention how 9/11 terrorist attack inspired the game's writer to write the Nier story.
    there is a connection to Nier and 9/11.
    watch the vids and you'll find out how and why.
    this playthrough is what realy caused me to buy Nier Automata.
    yes i love platinum games...but its the mind blowing story of the first nier that made me thirst for automata.
    watch the playthrough beginning to end and watch the 4 different endings and you'll see things more clearly when you play Automata.
    not necessary but it helps shed more light into the Automata world.
    the 1st Nier has 4 endings. and its mind blowing.

damn i wish Nier was on pc. but anyway.......the playthrough is the best ive ever seen of any playthrough.

but the reason why reviewers are calling Automata a masterpiece is because platinum who makes great action, hooked up with Cavia/enix and Yoko Taro when Taro was feeling extremely inspired. Again...9/11 is huge in influence on Nier
    everything came together and made the perfect storm.

lol. im trying my best not to spoiler.
    i cant stop thinking about Automata's story.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,050
    I might try it later. Unfortunately by the time they released that I had a vitriolic hatred of the game and couldn't stand to see Liam praise it.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,359
    I really wish we could install Doom MP separately, I don't give a fuck about that yet it wastes like 50 gigs on my hdd
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I am hype for dragons crown, I wonder if there will be a way to transfer your PS3 saves, because if not, I had better get grinding.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,307

Omg Nephenee.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,774
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,246
    Bious wrote: »

Omg Nephenee.

Dammit, I thought she got announced for Warriors...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,788
    Yo is Divinity OS 2 $44.99 because it's still in early access or what? Cuz if it becomes full price once it fully unlocks in a few hours, I'm gonna buy it now.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,949
    The reduced price is likely early access. Though it's not unusual for a game to be discounted to drive up pre-purchases.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,405
    I want to play octopath traveler just for those graphics alone.

I hope SE release this game on steam in the future at least since a PS4 release is unlikely
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,617
    Now we get Dragons Crown Super HD!

I love new games!
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    edited September 14
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    Doom on the switch?

33510-Doom_(USA)-1497229912.jpg

Were talking the 2016 Doom not the OG Doom.

But to be fair the SNES Doom was superior to the awful sounding Genesis 32X version.
    I will take a slow frame rate any day over my ears bleeding from the shit 32X sound track.

Please note it took the FX Chip to get the SNES to run Doom while Sega needed the Laughable 32X.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,307
    Octopath is extremely fun to play.

Not sure on the combat system though.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.