Video Game General 5.0: The Game Awards 2017 Dec 7th @ 5:30 PM PT/ 8:30 PM ET

Comments

• SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    I can't wait for Digital Foundry to review the Switch ports of DOOM and Wolfenstein. It's going to be gold.

"The textures in DOOM on the Switch are equivalent to the PC on the "low" preset and as you can see here when the engine is under load the games dynamic resolution kicks in dropping the game to a 360p resolution while running @ fifteen frames per second."

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,090
    I"m actually really curious as to how Doom and Wolfenstein will run on the platform. Should be interesting.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,745
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Yeah I got 3 in the 1st play through. Only on the second one right now but I had fucked up and gotten so strong in the first one that it was a bit too easy after a while. Not easy enough for me to put it on one hit kill mode though XD

dont worry. the difficulty spikes in the 3rd playthrough. prepare yourself cuz youre gonna see some crazy shit.
    but try not to equip exp chips from now on.

what level are you? im at level 51.

p.s.
    the game is fabulous. its the 3rd playthrough when the real story kicks in. 1st and 2nd playthrough is just the prologue to the main story.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Odyssey trailer was pretty cool, they're actually making me want to play a Mario game for once
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,763
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    So everyone is a furry then? :wow:

Now you don't need to feel guilty for playing Battletoads with Goat-tan

A+goat+you+say++_5ba49574a3f84a754e348d1e4b3ef836.jpg

067.png
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,162
    I played Doom last year on PS4.

If you're going to get third-party support, then it needs to be new games.

It's really hard for me to care about Nintendo anymore.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,541
    is anyone here a fan of Fire Emblem? I still need to beat Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn, but I was thinking of skipping to one of the modern games for now to familiarize myself with atleast some of the FE Warriors cast. I'm leaning towards awakening, that shit is going up in price though smh, but I don't wanna buy digital. But I think I will still go for that, Fates right now doesn't seem that appealing.

I play FE Heroes and everytime I pull a character from Fates, they just seem like a wack character and sometimes got terrible designs like Ryoma. Wtf is going on, hope FE on Switch chills back on that stuff
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Deadliest SOB In Space Joined: Posts: 3,247
    Fates: Conquest probably has the best gameplay out of all of the Fire Emblems, but be prepared for an absolutely atrocious story.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,098
    edited September 14
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    is anyone here a fan of Fire Emblem? I still need to beat Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn, but I was thinking of skipping to one of the modern games for now to familiarize myself with atleast some of the FE Warriors cast. I'm leaning towards awakening, that shit is going up in price though smh, but I don't wanna buy digital. But I think I will still go for that, Fates right now doesn't seem that appealing.

I play FE Heroes and everytime I pull a character from Fates, they just seem like a wack character and sometimes got terrible designs like Ryoma. Wtf is going on, hope FE on Switch chills back on that stuff

Sacred stones has GOAT Lord Ephraim. Don't skip dis nigga, he's a boss.

While Fates Conquest has the greatest FE experience(seriously that shit was fucking awesome) I hate the majority of the Fate characters and the story is crap.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Fates: Conquest probably has the best gameplay out of all of the Fire Emblems, but be prepared for an absolutely atrocious story.

Is Conquest the one that is the harder or more veteran appealing one?
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,622

Get Conquest.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,029
    If you've ever played FE before, get Conquest.

Goddamn those characters are dumb as fuck though... Corrin is especially retarded.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,098
    edited September 14
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    I played Doom last year on PS4.

If you're going to get third-party support, then it needs to be new games.

It's really hard for me to care about Nintendo anymore.

The fact that Nintendo is even getting these games is enough really in comparison to past 3rd party support. If Bethesda actually gets success frome these ports especially Doom and Wolfenstein then its going to make other western 3rd parties take notice. Gotta take the steps for the 3rd parties to build their confidence before they decide to go all the way in.

Yep, makes me think GTAV on the switch may actually be a thing.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,551
    GTAV was on PS3 and 360 so a Switch port won't be impossible.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    yo i just realized something.
    im playing as A2 right now.
    i just noticed that is you equip only small swords to her weapons slot 1....then equip heavy swords to her weapons slots slot 2..and you switch on the fly hitting up on the d pad its like dante in dmc4 yo! shit is hype.
    and wire pod program is like donte's chain move where u latch on and go flying toward them. helps against flying enemies. you can latch on to other things apprently cuz i latched onto the crane in the factory.
    dis game.
    dis fuckin game.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    100 GB is JUST for the mp of Doom?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,090
    edited September 14

no it's for the game plus multiplayer and all the updates.

I've been hearing from various people on this thread that it was about 100 gigs but doing some research says the game previously was around the 75 gig mark.

Microsoft store says about 60
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/doom/c3qh42wrgm3r

Dunno how true this is now though can't find anything for how large the game in total is currently.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

po pimpus wrote: »

Goddamn those characters are dumb as fuck though... Corrin is especially retarded.

hmm alright, i still will also get Awakening...shit is going that premiun price right though. its $42 on amazon, but everywhere else only has digital codes and gamestop selling that shit used for $50
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,029

hmm alright, i still will also get Awakening...shit is going that premiun price right though. its $42 on amazon, but everywhere else only has digital codes and gamestop selling that shit used for $50

If you do that, play Awakening first.

It's really hard to go back to it after playing Conquest.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

If you do that, play Awakening first.

It's really hard to go back to it after playing Conquest.

Sounds good. i think after Awakening I will go back and do Radiant Dawn and finisn Sacred Stones or restart I should say, my Sacred Stones data got corrupted :(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,844

I've been hearing from various people on this thread that it was about 100 gigs but doing some research says the game previously was around the 75 gig mark.

Dunno how true this is now though can't find anything for how large the game in total is currently.

My Steam Install comes up as 67 GB under folder properties
    Not including any additional support files installed elsewhere.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,787
    Darksakul wrote: »

My ps4 install was like 80 gbs at a point. I had to remove it to play other games
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,844
    Darksakul wrote: »

My ps4 install was like 80 gbs at a point. I had to remove it to play other games

I can only confirm the main install files. Windows Installs like to put files in weird places.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,804
    edited September 14
    Looks like Mario Odyssey has received visual improvements from the earlier builds showcased.
    59zpebet5rlz.jpg
    Somewhat unsurprising since the earlier playable builds were still a work in progress that had some noticeable frame drops and visual issues relating to draw distance. Still though even back then it looked awesome and now it looks even better.
    Looks like the textures and lighting have been improved and Peach has a new model (her old model was almost certainly a placeholder since Tiara is absent).
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,229
    I really do hate Princess Peach. Just one of the most uninteresting, overrated "Icons" in gaming.
    She's just a huge nothing. Whenever you see her on screen you know that your time is about to be wasted. She's going to go "Oh? Oh!" and then a more interesting character is going to come in and do an actual something.

She was cool in Paper Mario when she was cheating on Mario with that computer, but other than that she's almost always straight trash. She is as close to nothing as something can be and it makes me angry that people actually like her. That they had the balls to waste 3 character slots in Mario Kart 8 on her. My god I'm fucking salty about that lmao
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,070
    Dragons-Crown-PS4-Ver-Leak_09-14-17-600x94.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dragons-crown-pro-ps4-announcement-leaked
    The Niconico page for Atlus’ Tokyo Game Show 2017 live stream on September 24, the contents of which are yet to be announced, features a banner to pre-order the limited edition of an unannounced PlayStation 4 version of Dragon’s Crown called Dragon’s Crown Pro.

Clicking the banner brings you to the Dragon’s Crown official website, which currently does not mention the PlayStation 4 version.

It is likely the PlayStation 4 version was planned to be announced in the lead up to or at Tokyo Game Show 2017, which runs from September 21 to 24.

Niconico page for Atlus TGS 2017 livestream:
    http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305443575

official site:
    http://dragons-crown.com/
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,070
    Dragons-Crown-PS4-Ver-Leak_09-14-17-600x94.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dragons-crown-pro-ps4-announcement-leaked
    The Niconico page for Atlus’ Tokyo Game Show 2017 live stream on September 24, the contents of which are yet to be announced, features a banner to pre-order the limited edition of an unannounced PlayStation 4 version of Dragon’s Crown called Dragon’s Crown Pro.

Clicking the banner brings you to the Dragon’s Crown official website, which currently does not mention the PlayStation 4 version.

It is likely the PlayStation 4 version was planned to be announced in the lead up to or at Tokyo Game Show 2017, which runs from September 21 to 24.

Niconico page for Atlus TGS 2017 livestream:
    http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305443575

official site:
    http://dragons-crown.com/
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg En man göre inte vad han vill, utan vad han bör. Joined: Posts: 3,948
    Doom on the switch?

33510-Doom_(USA)-1497229912.jpg

(> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,364
    More Dragon's Crown pleases me greatly, need to get my backstab on with the elf again and my PS3 sounds like a jet engine taking off these days.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Think about Nier all day at work
    Start it up, configure settings
    Die once in the prologue
    Die twice in the prologue
    Go to bed

if you die, its mandatory to find and retrieve your body..or you lose those hella valuable chips man. i fear death in this game because if you die trying to retrieve your body you lose those chips. which hppened to me before. more than once.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,249
    Really would have preferred a Muramasa remake. this works just fine on my PS3 but I really don't like using that mess of wires called a Vita tv.
    edited September 14
    if you dont have or ever played or have no interest in playing the first Nier game....and you wanna play Nier Automata, not its necessary since its not, but i recommend you watch a full playthrough of Nier.
    i recommend the best friends playthrough of it because they talk alot about interesting things regarding it.

the reason i watched the full playthrough is because i dont own a console. my lst console was the ps2.
    and i wont ever buy a console ever again.
    since Nier isnt on pc. had to watch the playthrough. this playthrough is one of the best ive seen, and og Nier is a great game. fabulous story.
    but watch the full best friends playthrough, 33 eps 1/2 hour each ep. its compelling, engaging. and very entertaining.
    but the reason you should watch...not just to understand wtf is going on in Nier Automata better, but because the dudes talking about the game and all the things that correlates to it and what not.
    you'll see what discussions and deep thoughts it causes.
    for example, they mention how 9/11 terrorist attack inspired the game's writer to write the Nier story.
    there is a connection to Nier and 9/11.
    watch the vids and you'll find out how and why.
    this playthrough is what realy caused me to buy Nier Automata.
    yes i love platinum games...but its the mind blowing story of the first nier that made me thirst for automata.
    watch the playthrough beginning to end and watch the 4 different endings and you'll see things more clearly when you play Automata.
    not necessary but it helps shed more light into the Automata world.
    the 1st Nier has 4 endings. and its mind blowing.

damn i wish Nier was on pc. but anyway.......the playthrough is the best ive ever seen of any playthrough.

but the reason why reviewers are calling Automata a masterpiece is because platinum who makes great action, hooked up with Cavia/enix and Yoko Taro when Taro was feeling extremely inspired. Again...9/11 is huge in influence on Nier
    everything came together and made the perfect storm.

lol. im trying my best not to spoiler.
    i cant stop thinking about Automata's story.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,249
    I might try it later. Unfortunately by the time they released that I had a vitriolic hatred of the game and couldn't stand to see Liam praise it.