Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!!!

Comments

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,473
    po pimpus wrote: »
    J-ride wrote: »
    We are at an interesting time where AAA gaming budgets can't really support a 60 dollar pricetag, but gamers seem unwilling to spend more than that unless they get some really nice goodies at that price point. I have played some great small studio games on steam and have seen those same games break into the PS4 market.

Or you know, they could scale back a bit, and make a few more Sonic Manias to fund the Sonic Forces and actually take time and do it right so people don't feel cheated spending $60 on a pretty paperweight...

No one has any problem shelling out 20-40 bucks for a well-made small budget title.

Didn't you skip on Axiom Verge and Hyper Light Drifter?
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    We are at an interesting time where AAA gaming budgets can't really support a 60 dollar pricetag, but gamers seem unwilling to spend more than that unless they get some really nice goodies at that price point. I have played some great small studio games on steam and have seen those same games break into the PS4 market.

Or you know, they could scale back a bit, and make a few more Sonic Manias to fund the Sonic Forces so people don't feel cheated spending $60 on a pretty paperweight...

No one has any problem shelling out 20-40 bucks for a well-made small budget title.

This makes sense. If done right I would play the shit out of some budget titles.
    Hell some of the older gaming companies can do (not computations) but ports of their old stuff
    Like what Sega tried to do with their AGES PS2 lineup that for some reason they fuckered up and lost traction.

I would so drop $20 or so for a Sega PS4 port of Panzer Dragoon or OutRun
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,750

Or you know, they could scale back a bit, and make a few more Sonic Manias to fund the Sonic Forces and actually take time and do it right so people don't feel cheated spending $60 on a pretty paperweight...

Didn't you skip on Axiom Verge and Hyper Light Drifter?

I sure did. Because they aren't up my alley.

I only like the Metroid style in Metroid, and select Castlevanias, and I can't tell what the fuck is going on HLD... It's too pixelated
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,396
    Axiom Verge is really good.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,607

I was talking with a friend about this. He was blaming mobile games/f2p games for DLC manhandling and etc in AAA games and I'm like nah that's not it lol. I told him that sure maybe devs see how shit like League makes money and etc, but the game is already free, and its making money from possibly new players buying character packs to catch up or people choosing to spend on cosmetics.

That's not that same as making games on bloated budgets and needing to sell $40-50 season passes to recoup costs. Season passes aren't bad, i'm always down for more content as long as it's appropriately priced, worth it, and doesn't seem like purposely cut content.

But yeah devs gotta chill man, i think this is mostly a western dev problem with the bloated budgets. BOTW only needed 2mil sold to break even and from what i been gathering since that game dropped is that it's massive af and loaded with content out the box.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,183
    snip

Sorry that the truth triggers you.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SkullboySkullboy It's A Secret To Everybody. Joined: Posts: 12,581
    edited September 2017
    snip

Sorry that the truth triggers you.

And I'm sorry you think you and Po are doing anything other than free advertising for Capcom

268831890990039040.png
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,136
    nickmanx5 wrote: »
    a soulless movie cash in.

The MCU is the hottest property going right now. You expect Marvel to not take advantage of it? I bet if Infinite was released in the 90s 2/3 of the game's roster would be X-Men characters since that's what dominated at the time.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited September 2017
    lmao

Meanwhile i am here laughing at the fact that Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash is outselling MvCI

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12#1
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,455
    John Cena chilling at Nintendo of America.

Curious to see where this leads

A Mario-esque WWE platformer.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,283
    Mario x Cena team up!?

Let's go Ninty!
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    lmao

Meanwhile i am here laughing at the fact that Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash is outselling MvCI

On Amazon. I don't see too many bros walking up to a counter at Game Stop, Best Buy (or any public store) to ask for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 22,992
    Back, now I can respond more properly:

I admit, my standards are far more lax than others here. It takes something like what WB has done with Shadow of War or what Nintendo did with amiibos in Samus Returns for me to boycott something (though in the latter case it was just the amiibos themselves).

Gameplay is king in my eyes; I'm immensely forgiving of weak presentation if the gameplay hits the nail on the head for me. It's why I loved SF x TK despite it being a bit of a visual mess. In the end, if it's something I feel I'll really enjoy and pour hours upon hours into, then it's something I'm willing to invest in. Doubly so for fighting games due to the competitive side of things.

...I just wish there was a way to say "I only support part of this" beyond buying it for under $60 :rofl:

In either case, I will say that it's probably best that the rest of the consumer base isn't as forgiving as I am. :razz:
    edited September 2017
    Mario gonna overcome those odds.

EDIT: @LordWilliam1234 so let me get this straight... Modes and costumes that don't affect the base game being locked out as DLC or lootboxes is going too far, but characters that provide hours of that "king-making" gameplay and were clearly being worked on alongside the base game is okay? Really?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,981
    Holy shit fuck you Reimu.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    edited September 2017
    Glad I copped marvel for 30$.

Now I can buy the dlc without feeling compromised. :tup:
    Eskills wrote: »
    Glad I copped marvel for 30$.

Now I can buy the dlc with feeling compromised. :tup:

That roster sure feels compromised...
    LordWilliam1234 so let me get this straight... Modes and costumes that don't affect the base game being locked out as DLC or lootboxes is going too far, but characters that provide hours of that "king-making" gameplay and were clearly being worked on alongside the base game is okay? Really?

You obviously missed the part where WB is profiting off of someone's death.
    I agree, I didn't feel marvel was worth 60$ and would never buy it at that price.

But 30$ and some dlc where I may not even buy all the upcoming characters feels about right.
    Eskills wrote: »
    I agree, I didn't feel marvel was worth 60$ and would never buy it at that price.

But 30$ and some dlc where I may not even buy all the upcoming characters feels about right.

I see.

I still wouldn't buy it because any money going to Capcpom for that game as it currently stands diminishes us all as a community and sends a message that half-assed effort is OK as long as you slap a cool DLC character in there a month or two later.

They need to learn a harsh lesson, and absolute financial rejection and failure is only language they understand.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited September 2017
    Darksakul wrote: »
    lmao

On Amazon. I don't see too many bros walking up to a counter at Game Stop, Best Buy (or any public store) to ask for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash.

its a lot easier to be a neet or weeb online than it is irl.

I have no shame though. I'll preorder the shit out of some anime titty game in person at gamestop*

*not really since I don't really shop at GameStop anymore. But if I did. No issues
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 12,030
    I'm friends with a couple former GameStop employees, and there were definitely people that pre-ordered the collectors edition of Record of Agarest war, which came with a body pillow. And they actually picked it up at the store. So I really don't doubt there are people who will walk in to pick up Senran Kagura. Those people do exist.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    edited September 2017
    LordWilliam1234 so let me get this straight... Modes and costumes that don't affect the base game being locked out as DLC or lootboxes is going too far, but characters that provide hours of that "king-making" gameplay and were clearly being worked on alongside the base game is okay? Really?

You obviously missed the part where WB is profiting off of someone's death.

WB won't be doing that anymore. They noticed the shitstorm it caused and now will be offering that DLC for free. Warner Bros will be making a direct donation to the family.
    https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Forthog-Orc-Slayer-DLC-Upate/m-p/1674265/thread-id/663

Well that's good to hear.

Boycott averted. :razz:
    Damn you Samus Returns
    I wish this game was a person so I can fuck it raw

...well there's a line I never expected to hear out of you :rofl:
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,693
    Bious wrote: »
    I know for a fact Po was in line for a Koffing body pillow once.

why am i loling so bad at this? hahahahahah

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,396
    edited September 2017
    Damn you Samus Returns
    I was not ready for a new arrangement of Lower Brinstar when I reached area 5. This my favorite theme in the entire series. I wish this game was a person so I can fuck it raw

I just got to Area 3.
    Those fucking Norfair areas in Area 2, with the music, so god damned good. Lol, I wish I hadn't looked at your soiler but now I know I have more to look forward to. Good damn, this game. I feel like I've made progress, but there's still so much more to do.
    Fucking loving it.
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
    Darksakul wrote: »
    lmao

its a lot easier to be a neet or weeb online than it is irl.

I have no shame though. I'll preorder the shit out of some anime titty game in person at gamestop*

*not really since I don't really shop at GameStop anymore. But if I did. No issues

I figured you march to a Brick and Mortar store like a Boss and not giving a fuck.

"Excuse me I want Half-Naked Anime Chicks on the Beach the Video Game please".

edited September 2017
    snip

You are the one here crying and getting triggered because we find hilarious that the game is deservely bombing instead of you know, playing it.

So qq more my friend.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

John Cena confirmed for Smash
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,455
    Infernoman wrote: »
    *snip*

John Cena confirmed for Smash

Incoming F-U suicide KOs.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji