Video Game General 5.0: Textures are now $4.99. All dialogue is locked behind a $10 lootbox.

Comments

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,277
    Yeah...bandits in the realm of Hokuto are kind of like storm troopers. You think they would have passed along the info to not shoot arrows at Kenshiro at some point but people always gotta find out the hard way. Man is driving an armored jeep and still has plenty of concentration to catch it and put it into your forehead.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,277
    Shenmue 3 Dev Room Progress Report Vol. 4
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,796
    edited September 28
    Tekken games have always sold really well, from what I recall Tekken 7 was actually a significant step down in sales from how well 6 did.

thats not true!
    tekken 6 sold in the first 5 month 1,15Million Units
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10/tekken-6-was-namco-bandais-highest-selling-game-this-past-fiscal-year/

while tekken 7 sold in the first one or two month 1,66Million Units.
    no one knows the current number not to speak from the final lifetime numbers in comparison to previous titles.
    thats something we have to see in the future.

it already catched up with sfv on pc in term of units sold and there is still content coming which might lead to more sales.

• SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,474
    po pimpus wrote: »
    J-ride wrote: »
    We are at an interesting time where AAA gaming budgets can't really support a 60 dollar pricetag, but gamers seem unwilling to spend more than that unless they get some really nice goodies at that price point. I have played some great small studio games on steam and have seen those same games break into the PS4 market.

Or you know, they could scale back a bit, and make a few more Sonic Manias to fund the Sonic Forces and actually take time and do it right so people don't feel cheated spending $60 on a pretty paperweight...

No one has any problem shelling out 20-40 bucks for a well-made small budget title.

Didn't you skip on Axiom Verge and Hyper Light Drifter?

I sure did. Because they aren't up my alley.

I only like the Metroid style in Metroid, and select Castlevanias.
    I'm trying to wrap my head around how this makes any sort of logical sense and am coming up short.

It makes perfect sense once you stop being obtuse
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Not gunna lie. I want that life size mega man plush.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 794
    appomo wrote: »
    Tekken games have always sold really well, from what I recall Tekken 7 was actually a significant step down in sales from how well 6 did.

thats not true!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10/tekken-6-was-namco-bandais-highest-selling-game-this-past-fiscal-year/

no one knows the current number not to speak from the final lifetime numbers in comparison to previous titles.

it already catched up with sfv on pc in term of units sold and there is still content coming which might lead to more sales.
    Yep. Lots of dumb motherfuckers falling for the pre-order smoke-and-mirrors magic show nowadays and then regretting that shit. Sales for most games are front loaded as fuck.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    appomo wrote: »

thats not true!

Yep. Lots of dumb motherfuckers falling for the pre-order smoke-and-mirrors magic show nowadays and then regretting that shit. Sales for most games are front loaded as fuck.

Its actually kinda hard to get realistic sales data from any company out to the public.
    They will always spin it to make it sound better than what it is.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 794
    edited September 28
    SteamDB, NPD, Media Create Sales, and weekly/monthly top 10 charts for digital/physical sales in US/Europe are a good indicator. Companies have always been very tight lipped unless it put them in a good place with investors and potential investors.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Ash to Ash Joined: Posts: 3,251
    We are at an interesting time where AAA gaming budgets can't really support a 60 dollar pricetag, but gamers seem unwilling to spend more than that unless they get some really nice goodies at that price point. I have played some great small studio games on steam and have seen those same games break into the PS4 market.

Or you know, they could scale back a bit, and make a few more Sonic Manias to fund the Sonic Forces and actually take time and do it right so people don't feel cheated spending $60 on a pretty paperweight...

No one has any problem shelling out 20-40 bucks for a well-made small budget title.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this makes any sort of logical sense and am coming up short.

I'm starting to find myself in the "hate that the genre is called Metroidvania" crowd because it's conditioned people to hold Super Metroid and SOTN on a grand pedestal and not accept that anything afterwards could possibly match or surpass them.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    edited September 28

I'm starting to find myself in the "hate that the genre is called Metroidvania" crowd because it's conditioned people to hold Super Metroid and SOTN on a grand pedestal and not accept that anything afterwards could possibly match or surpass them.

I don't place Super Metroid and SOTN on a pedestal that anything else afterwards could never surpass them, but rather the Bar which other games in the genre gets measured.
    I found games like Axiom Verge, Hyper Light Drifter and others meets or exceeds that mark.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    Red Dead looks as bad as the first one.

How hype

*Yawn*
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hecatom wrote: »

Yipes and Persia have to shill, they quit their jobs to do this.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Game Maker's Toolkit compares how AM2R and Samus Returns handled remaking Metroid II.

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,568
    dude i might foreal be rip backlog. i've been playing these 2 korean mmos and started FF14 today. the plus side is that on the side of these games, i can work through my single player shit, and stop buying games, minus the uhh like 3 forsure day ones im getting. the downside is money still getting spent on these bundles and deals....fuck

but yeah ff14 is crack. I remember i tried playing a realm reborn on ps3 but couldn't download it because my internet was so shitty and it was taking too long
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,021
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Gravity Rush 2 online services will end
    Forgive me for asking, but what kind of online services did the game have? Online coop?

Itsuno appologizes for not showing his game during tgs, says game is progressing smoothly
    Holding out hope for a PlayStation Experience announcment then

Darksakul wrote: »
    So the SNES Classic is already hacked, apparently the same hack for the NES Classic works on the SNES Classic. o

Both consoles are using roughly same software so it's no wonder if it's exact same hack. Makes the package much more appealing
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,557
    edited September 28
    Double
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,360
    edited September 28
    Does it have cats dressed like Mega Man and Dante?

Asking for a friend.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,845
    Game Maker's Toolkit compares how AM2R and Samus Returns handled remaking Metroid II.

I felt this guy was overthinking the original Metroid II.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,198
    The 3DS library keeps getting better and better.... Monster Hunter Stories is so good. Take Pokémon, fuse it with Monster Hunter, and you get this masterpiece. It's a turn-based RPG, but the MH universe translated incredibly well into the format. It even has online PvP, apparently? Godlike.

If you like MH, pick it up.

If you like Pokemon, pick it up.

If you like both, you should have it already.

If you don't have a 3DS..... WTF is wrong with you?

I was wary, guess I like pick it. :tup:
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,224
    CDB2 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20111123005538
    BEHOLD!!!

amazing
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    "Atmospheric storytelling" is always such a common buzzword when it comes to Metroid, but Mark Brown makes a strong case for it actually being present in Metroid II. You can see how compared to the original and AM2R, Samus Returns casually ignores the fact that you're committing genocide and ruins some somber moments by placing combat sequences and stylish action in areas that it shouldn't.

I don't really agree with his points on the save stations though.
    That post got me real excited for Marvel coming to their senses...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,845
    "Atmospheric storytelling" is always such a common buzzword when it comes to Metroid, but Mark Brown makes a strong case for it actually being present in Metroid II. You can see how compared to the original and AM2R, Samus Returns casually ignores the fact that you're committing genocide and ruins some somber moments by placing combat sequences and stylish action in areas that it shouldn't.

I don't really agree with his points on the save stations though.

I feel the original Metroid II casually ignores the genocide too. Samus doesn't bat an eye over all the killing she's done. It didn't seem to me she spared the baby Metroid out of guilt but because it wasn't a threat.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,982

Asking for a friend.

So obvious with the trolling
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,557
    edited September 28
    Eskills wrote: »
    The 3DS library keeps getting better and better.... Monster Hunter Stories is so good. Take Pokémon, fuse it with Monster Hunter, and you get this masterpiece. It's a turn-based RPG, but the MH universe translated incredibly well into the format. It even has online PvP, apparently? Godlike.

If you like MH, pick it up.

If you like Pokemon, pick it up.

If you like both, you should have it already.

If you don't have a 3DS..... WTF is wrong with you?

I was wary, guess I like pick it. :tup:

There's DBZ Budokai style beam struggles, my guy.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,533
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Apparentely MvC I has sold really really bad,

Yea it did but still fun tho.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    STFU 09er SCUM!!!
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Apparentely MvC I has sold really really bad,

roostingchickens.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file