10/01/2017 Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron FistJoined: Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited November 25 in General Discussion
[EDIT by The Damned] As of this updated posting, there are 58 victims that have been killed in the shooting and about 489 survivors injured in the shooting, supposedly at least 20 of which are still in critical condition.

Here is a list of victims in alphabetical order. Ages and other potential miscellaneous information to be put in parentheses:
  1. Hannah Ahlers (34)
  2. Heather Alvarado (32)
  3. Dorene Anderson
  4. Michael Anderson
  5. Carrie Barnette (34)
  6. Jack Beaton (54)
  7. Steven Berger (44)
  8. Candice Bowers (40)
  9. Denise Burditus
  10. Sandy Casey (35)
  11. Andrea Castilla (28)
  12. Denise Cohen (??; wife of Derrick Taylor)
  13. Austin Davis (29; possibly listed as Austin Meyer elsewhere)
  14. Thomas Day Jr. (54)
  15. Christiana Duarte (22)
  16. Stacee Etcheber (50)
  17. Brian Fraser (39)
  18. Keri Lynn Galvan (31)
  19. Dana Gardener (52)
  20. Angie Gomez
  21. Rocio Guillen (40)
  22. Charleston Hartfield (34)
  23. Chris Hazencomb (44)
  24. Jennifer Topaz Irvine
  25. Nicol Kimura (38)
  26. Jessica Klymchuk (34)
  27. Carly Kreibaum (33)
  28. Rhonda LeRocque (42)
  29. Victor Link (55)
  30. Jordan McIldoon (23)
  31. Kelsey Meadows (28)
  32. Calla Medig (28)
  33. Sonny Melton
  34. Patricia Mestas (67)
  35. Adrian Murfitt (35)
  36. Jenny Parks
  37. Rachael Parker (33)
  38. Carrie Parson
  39. Lisa Patterson (46)
  40. John Phippen
  41. Melissa Ramirez (26)
  42. Jordyn Rivera (21)
  43. Quinton Robbins (20)
  44. Cameron Robinson (28)
  45. Lisa Romero-Muniz (48)
  46. Christopher Roybal (28)
  47. Brett Schwanbeck (61)
  48. Bailey Schweitzer (20)
  49. Laura Shipp
  50. Erick Silva (21)
  51. Susan Smith (53)
  52. Tara Roe Smith (34)
  53. Brennan Stewart (30)
  54. Derrick "Bo" Taylor (56; husband of Denise Cohen)
  55. Kurt Von Tillow (55)
  56. Neysa Tonks
  57. Michelle Vo (32)
  58. Bill Wolfe Jr.

More information about the victims:

(John Phippen, Angie Gomez, Charleston Hartfield, Susan Smith, Christopher Roybal, Sonny Melton, Jennifer Irvine, Stacee Etcheber, Bill Wolfe Jr., Jordan McIldoon, Carrie Barnette, and Neysa Tonks)

(Quinton Robbins, Michelle Vo, Kurt Von Tillow, Andrea Castilla, Jack Beaton, Christiana Duarte, Adrian Murfitt, Dana Gardener, Rhonda LeRocque, Steven Berger, Thomas Day Jr., Kelsey Meadows, and Austin Davis)

(Brian Fraser, Erick Silva, Nicol Kimura, Cameron Robinson, Denise Cohen and Derrick Taylor, Keri Lynn Galvan, Lisa Patterson, Chris Hazencomb, Jordyn Rivera, Brennan Stewart, and Rocio Guillen)

(Lisa Romero-Muniz, Brett Schwanbeck, Rachael Parker, Sandy Casey, Bailey Schweitzer, Austin Meyer, Melissa Ramirez, Jessica Klymchuk, Candice Bowers, and Laura Shipp)

(Dorene Anderson, Denise Burditus, Heather Alvarado, Hannah Ahlers, Victor Link, Carly Kreibaum, Calla Medig, Tara Roe, Carrie Parsons, and Pati Mestas)

INITIAL POST:

https://www.reddit.com/live/zpctrtpkt0hw/(live updates)

*medics shot at Tropicana.
*one suspect is down
*all flights in and out halted.
*video that'll probably be pulled before you see it

*police scanner while it's up:

*Killer's name is Stephen Paddock.
Post edited by The Damned on

Comments

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 884
    I have a friend that works events for Mandalay Bay. I hope she's doing ok.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    edited October 2
    This pitiful fuck fired at the crowd from the 32nd floor hotel balcony. Those people sadly had no chance. I'm glad they neutralized this piece of shit, but I'm wondering if anyone else was involved.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My buddy is on the strip right now, says they just let him out of the lockdown.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2
    Bruh that video made it seem like it wasn't shit. Now I gotta check on my ppl smfh
    Post edited by angelpalm on
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,959 mod
    edited October 2
    (At present, supposedly 50 people are "confirmed" dead already. I'm not sure whether that number includes the shooter, but I'm sure it is subject to change one way or the other, for better or for worse--probably for worse, unfortunately.)

Hmmm...I'm not sure what's worse: that literally the first thing I thought was "man, OJ snapped again a lot faster than I expected" or that the second thing I thought was "well, we have been overdue for a mass-shooting in America, so...".

Regardless, it's now time to patiently sit back and wait for people to spin and politicize this for their various agendas, furthering the divide in this country even more. :coffee:
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    It's a bit mind boggling to hear the news, considering that I live not too far away from the Las Vegas Strip. Jesus...
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846
    This is horrific so many lives lost, BBC saying it's some 60+ year old shooter.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Brush that video made it seem like it wasn't shit. Now I gotta check on my ppl smfh
    _98101587_d846a9cf-5255-4c24-ba0f-dc11ec5779b4.jpg
    Well this photo just has me confused, is it stupid millennials or scared policing?
    Yet there will be no legislation on automatic weapons. America!

The weapon that the terrorist used was estimated to cost 65k and is extremely hard to get a hold of, but apparently not hard enough.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,959 mod
    This is horrific so many lives lost, BBC saying it's some 60+ year old shooter.
    Brush that video made it seem like it wasn't shit. Now I gotta check on my ppl smfh
    _98101587_d846a9cf-5255-4c24-ba0f-dc11ec5779b4.jpg
    Well this photo just has me confused, is it stupid millennials or scared policing?

You say that as if those things are mutually exclusive, though of the two, it's probably more the latter on top of "confused policing" and "drunk millennials".

Oh well. At least the police didn't make things worse this time by accidentally shooting anyone except presumably the actual shooter. Hurray for low standards, though in fairness they seem to have taken out the person allegedly in question relatively quickly.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    edited October 2
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooter/index.html

Picture of terrorist

Stephen-C-Paddock.jpg

If I can find the unblurred photo you can see what looks like some asian prostitue. Dude looks like he was getting shit faced in thailand or some shit.
    Mains:
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,661
    Police are reporting multiple firearms at the scene.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,835
    Shin_Jr wrote: »
    I'm looking at videos and you see people casually walking away from the gunfire and then you notice it's cause they're drunk with a beer in hand

funny thing is that helps dodge getting hit. at least...according to every drunken fist kung fu movie ive seen.

no seriously tho. this is terrible.

edited October 2

i think that they should make military assault rifles harder to get by making folks sign a million forms to be allowed to have one. not so much banning but say.."hey! sure you can have one. but you need to fill out 1 million forms and pay really expensive permits."

like...you can get a sword in japan, but you gotta fill out a ton of forms and pay really expensive permits. which is why not many have swords over there. legal to get but not easy to obtain.

cause if the govt states saying "lets ban this. lets ban that." folks that are pro assault rifles, like NRA get all...lobbyist and always kill legislation. but whatever.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,575

Picture of terrorist

If I can find the unblurred photo you can see what looks like some asian prostitue. Dude looks like he was getting shit faced in thailand or some shit.

I saw on the news that they are still looking for an Asian female that was his roommate/accomplice.

• NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,502
    edited October 2
    What a fucked up way to start the week. RIP to the dead.

Like clockwork, fuckin Fake news propaganda at it like a hawk.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/here-are-all-the-hoaxes-being-spread-about-the-las-vegas?utm_term=.hu2pZwMVl#.vxjgblvLM
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

Picture of terrorist

I saw on the news that they are still looking for an Asian female that was his roommate/accomplice.

they found her but theyre saying she wasnt involved.
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,705 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2
    Prayers for Sin City.

But seriously, that's fucked up.
    Pathetic piece of shit had to off himself too.
  • HattrickHattrick Juice Joined: Posts: 7
    Judging by the sound and the amount of rounds fired, the suspect was most likely using an M60.
    things ive read in comment sections of this tragedy.

ban trump
    revenge for harambe
    dont ban guns, ban country music concerts that last 3 days straight while youre trying to sleep in your expensive hotel
    and
    who knows. maybe the guy lost alot at poker to a guy wearing a cowboy hat.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    edited October 2

The weapon that the terrorist used was estimated to cost 65k and is extremely hard to get a hold of, but apparently not hard enough.

Criminals are NOT going to observe Gun laws. The way the underground gun market is, its only a question do you have enough cash for one.

You know why the automatic Minigun is still legal, it cost thousands of dollars in Ammo to shoot one for a few minutes, only the super rich can even afford one.
    There also only 11 ever made for civilian use.

You know who has the strictest gun laws in the western Hemisphere, Mexico. Only legal sellers, buyers and traders of arms and ammunition is the Mexican Federal government, and it's handled by their military.
    How much gun crime Mexico still sees? Mexico makes our Vegas Shooting looks like a slow tuesday.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Mexican criminals buy guns from Americans lol.

So stop.

PS - Those are each individual links. Have fun reading.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    Mexican criminals buy guns from Americans lol.

So stop.

PS - Those are each individual links. Have fun reading.

Reading individual links? Fuck that shit, who has the time.
    And fuck you for thinking anyone going to sit down and read all that shit.

Also Mexican criminals buy guns from Americans
    Criminals don't respect laws duh. They will find their guns despite the legal restrictions.
    Became money talks.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,346
    I don't think bringing an automatic weapon into a hotel is legal in the first place. I'm more concerned as to how in the fuck that slips by.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    What do you mean? Hotels don't have metal detectors. Although I'm sure when I go to Mandalay Bay next year I'm gonna have to go through a battery of security checkpoints.

Also, hotels, by law IIRC, cannot have cameras in their hallways due to privacy reasons. So really all he had to do was put it into a suitcase and since there are thousands of people checking into hotels in Vegas a day, who is going to look at one guy?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file