The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: Carson Wentz out for the year with torn ACL.

Comments

• ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,787
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Chachi wrote: »
    Gravity wrote: »
    I don't think Kaep ever plays in the NFL again.

Some of the bums and underachievers getting jobs offers before him, all but confirm it.

The Titans don't have a choice in the matter. If they signed Kaep and then cut him the second Mariota got healthy, they'd be rioted against especially if Kaep happened to be winning during that time.

Cut Cassel IMO. He's still living easy off the guaranteed money the Chiefs gave him.

Okay, and then what happens when Mariota returns and the Titans aren't winning? Then the conspiracy theory starts up on why Kaep isn't starting over the franchise QB.

I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again. It's Jacksonville or nothing.

Let Kaep play it out and have Mariota healed up for next year. Kaep can then take a coaching internship in Kansas City where everybody will threaten to sell their season tickets again (Nobody took me up on my offer to take their tickets off their hands when Vick was in town for three weeks)

As for Jacksonville, Kaep would have to wait until they move to London.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,932
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20916366/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-laughs-female-reporter-media-session

And this guy had the nerve to parade himself as a role model. Fuck this guy.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,707
    Cam in hot water for being sexist to a reporter acting like she didn't know football as a woman.
    2 Kings 2:24
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Cam in hot water for being sexist to a reporter acting like she didn't know football as a woman.

He could have just called her out as an individual, but instead he just called women out in general. Dude isn't even apologizing for it. I can't help but wonder what he said to that reporter in that "closed door" meeting they had.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,372
    edited October 5
    Max Kellerman keeping it real as fuck in this uncensored clip (ESPN edited Max out in the clip they put out):

It's apparently a month old.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,650
    They're really acting like this is a big deal? My God if you're going to be a reporter especially one for men's sports you need to learn to grow some thick skin. If something as simple as Cam's statement gets your panties bunched up then you are in the wrong profession. As for the way ESPN responded to this I'll quote Stephen A (And I lowkey loathe doing this). "They're wrong and I don't give a damn if they agree with me or not."
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,286
    It's just a fucking stupid comment. But what's ultimately keeping things going is the reporter saying that Cam said even worse behind closed doors, but she chose "not to say what it was".

So in other words, this story is gonna run for another month and Cam has to learn to not say anything not directly related to his own football team because it NEVER goes well when he decides to use words.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    edited October 5
    It's just a fucking stupid comment. But what's ultimately keeping things going is the reporter saying that Cam said even worse behind closed doors, but she chose "not to say what it was".

So in other words, this story is gonna run for another month and Cam has to learn to not say anything not directly related to his own football team because it NEVER goes well when he decides to use words.

He can always NOT say stupid shit on the mic. It's not that hard.

I'm not going to give this dude a pass. It's one thing if he's just doing his job, but he's painted himself as a role model to kids with that dumb Nickelodeon show he had. That's his cross he's going to have to bear whenever he takes the mic. Doing stuff like that, and on top of that not making any kind of apologetic public statement, is a monumentally bad look especially considering he's already under fire for his character for numerous other stuff like punking out after the Super Bowl.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    edited October 5
    They're really acting like this is a big deal? My God if you're going to be a reporter especially one for men's sports you need to learn to grow some thick skin. If something as simple as Cam's statement gets your panties bunched up then you are in the wrong profession. As for the way ESPN responded to this I'll quote Stephen A (And I lowkey loathe doing this). "They're wrong and I don't give a damn if they agree with me or not."

If you dont get that dumb ass shit the fuck outta here.

tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif

EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    :lol: Spycarnegy should get a job at ESPN. He's just as sensitive as they are.
    SFV - Balrog
    Uh oh, Doug Martin is back to 2012 Form. Watch out league.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,178
    Uh oh, Doug Martin is back to 2012 Form. Watch out league.

Where the fuck have you been? I said it and made it clear he looked fucking broken in pre-season and he will be a 80% three down back. I had no concerns starting him in all 3 of my fantasy leagues for that reason alone.

Still gonna be rough to win this game and I don't think we will but so far I am fucking proud.
    No offense but I really paid no attention to any of your posts, and also preseason brokenness doesn't always translate to Regular Season.
    This has to be the worst display of kicking I've ever seen ever.
    What the hell? Did Aguayo contact some voodoo lady and curse the Bucs or some shit?
    SFV - Balrog
    If anyone says that Kicker is an unimportant position in the NFL, show them this game. It's literally the difference between a tied game and a two score game.

Why I'm happy to have Elliott now. We have a kicker that's a legitimate weapon.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,575
    Would've been funny if NE's defense let Folk off the hook.

But as it stands, lol TB kickers.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,250
    Well Folk is going to be lucking for job tomorrow.
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All eyez on me! Joined: Posts: 2,178
    Minus 3/5 best defensive players and we held Brady to 19. Winston played great for most part with some early game woes but again he is just 23 and this great and he got Jackson involved but missed the wide open shot he had.

The fact we had a shot to somehow win this game leaving 9 points off the table is fucking amazing enough.

This is all on Folk PERIOD.... Winston will be the amazing leader he is and blame himself but its 100% on Folk and NO ONE else.

Can't wait to be at the game in 10 days... Got to get to over .500 and revenge our massacre loss to the Cards from a year ago.

Maybe YoungHoe or Carpenter? Really not sure what Kicker is even that great to go get but Folk has got to go.

BR3N7 wrote: »
    Can't wait to be at the game in 10 days... Got to get to over .500 and revenge our massacre loss to the Cards from a year ago.

Oh nah. Your Bucs are losing that game. They'll be sure to score more than a measly 7 points but they are def losing.

Anyways good luck @Saitsu. It should be a good game.
    SFV - Balrog
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,886
    Would have been amazing if the parts were 1-4 right now
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    Minus 3/5 best defensive players and we held Brady to 19. Winston played great for most part with some early game woes but again he is just 23 and this great and he got Jackson involved but missed the wide open shot he had.

The fact we had a shot to somehow win this game leaving 9 points off the table is fucking amazing enough.

This is all on Folk PERIOD.... Winston will be the amazing leader he is and blame himself but its 100% on Folk and NO ONE else.

Maybe YoungHoe or Carpenter? Really not sure what Kicker is even that great to go get but Folk has got to go.

got to give you props on the dougy analysis you dropped earlier in this thread, you were spot on, he looks good man.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,540
    Tampa Bay Kickers are cursed ever since they drafted Aguayo man lol.
    This is what it feels like.
    I'm pissed and I ain't even a bucs fan
    I'm pissed...that we can't get Sturgis off of the IR quick enough to get a Second from Tampa.
    edited October 6
    Bucs should trade the raiders lavonte david for Jano. lol
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,250
    a15kko wrote: »

Isn't Seabass on IR?
    a15kko wrote: »

Isn't Seabass on IR?

shhhhhhhhh
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,434
    edited October 6
    Late take, but that female reporter played the game well. She got her 15 minutes of fame....

And now she's going to get non answers for the rest of her career. Because now EVERY team definitely knows who she is and is going to coach their players to steer clear or give non answers and to not engage her longer than necessary. Most are not going to publicly support Cam. Not in this current social climate. But they understood.

Cam should have just ignored the question and taken the fine, but he thought out loud with a mic in front of him, so he has to take the L for not being smarter and just given a suitable non answer that didn't answer her question at all or redirected it to how the team is doing in practice or whatnot.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    Cam did fuck up but I like how her racism is swept under the rug now too.
    edited October 6
    There is a real problem in New England this year. The Patriots didn't beat the Buccs, the Buccs beat themselves with bad penalties and bad kicks. The Patriots might have been missing Gronk but they should have put up way more than 19 pts on that injured defence with what Tampa was giving them.

They could claim the kicker the Chargers just cut. He missed 3 field goals but one was blocked and the other two had poor blocking. It's hard to succeed with the special teams unit of a team racing towards the number one pick.
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,946
    Nick Folk has a mob debt.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    4 Weeks eh?

Ahhh yessir, I've been given a WONDERFUL birthday gift for the 23rd.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324

So sensitive Cam himself issued an apology for those dumb ass comments. Yeah ight nigga, you probably one of those dudes that thinks its OK to talk to anyone any old kinda way then get mad when somebody pops u in the mouth for that dumb shit. Stop it
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    Spycarnegy wrote: »

So sensitive Cam himself issued an apology for those dumb ass comments. Yeah ight nigga, you probably one of those dudes that thinks its OK to talk to anyone any old kinda way then get mad when somebody pops u in the mouth for that dumb shit. Stop it

Not just an apology but an actually sincere apology.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,440
    Nothing sincere about that apology...He just did it so the rest of his sponsors dont bail. If he had nothing to lose, he wouldn't have apologize.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file