MVC Infinite Lounge: Monster Hunter is U N G G A W A I F U 4 U N G G A L A I F U

Comments

• wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 95
    @Zane Hitsurugi Still playing?
    CFN: PunishedEdwin
    MVCI: Erdwern
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,143

I was already planning to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming anyway, but I want the Superior Spider-Man costume more than the actual movie.

Anyone know if this deal will be available through Steam or is it PS4 exclusive?
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,412

Give me that Cammy Frank West pls. ty
  • BronzefistBronzefist Spews random garbage Joined: Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I am sooooooo tempted to get this game, but I'm afraid I won't be able to put the time in getting decent at it. I always been a versus game scrub but I at least want to know/practice some things lol. I played vanilla MvC3 for about 5mo after launch, so I don't even stick around fighting games that long anymore.

Will my PS3 arcade sticks work wit this game? I don't know shit about compatibility on PS4, but apparently SF5 allows you to use PS3 controllers? Is it the same for this game?

I really don't wanna drop money for a new stick. Don't have that kinda $$ anymore lol
    THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FIGHT TO THE DEATH...
    MvC3: She Hulk, Thor, Hulk, Haggar lariat assist, Arthur dagger assist
    SSF4: Gen, Makoto, Adon...all at scrub level :sad:
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,065
    wakalaka wrote: »
    @Zane Hitsurugi Still playing?
    Nah man I gotta get to sleep for work in the morning. Maybe another time.
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »

I was already planning to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming anyway, but I want the Superior Spider-Man costume more than the actual movie.

Anyone know if this deal will be available through Steam or is it PS4 exclusive?
    Well that's fucking cancer.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,309
    edited October 6

I don't think you understand how to use that word
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument GG EZ Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Bronzefist wrote: »
    I am sooooooo tempted to get this game, but I'm afraid I won't be able to put the time in getting decent at it. I always been a versus game scrub but I at least want to know/practice some things lol. I played vanilla MvC3 for about 5mo after launch, so I don't even stick around fighting games that long anymore.

Will my PS3 arcade sticks work wit this game? I don't know shit about compatibility on PS4, but apparently SF5 allows you to use PS3 controllers? Is it the same for this game?

I really don't wanna drop money for a new stick. Don't have that kinda $$ anymore lol

From what I've heard, PS3 sticks won't work.

I'm sorry.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 896
    You guys saw the Black Panther footage from Joka Man ?

I really like what I see here. A rekka, great mobility, hyper that can lock the opponent, overhead. He looks so fun to play (also, a bit of Sigma)
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,691 mod

AFAIK, PS4 exclusive.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 896
    d3v wrote: »

AFAIK, PS4 exclusive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432055&page=1
    It's also on Xbone according to this.
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,207

Have you seen that pathetic excuse for a movie? Fuck that movie.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Drone, Drone, Stone Joined: Posts: 882
    Bronzefist wrote: »

PS3 sticks work with pc version.
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

What was so bad about it?
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
    -Buddha

"Don't let it happen to you like it did to me, I was a black zombie."
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 2,908
    Love a 'point, counter-point' kind of set. Nothing makes you rematch like getting blown up and wanting to look yourself in the mirror afterward.

Some jittery inputs and decisions on my end. I've been experimenting and doing some different set-ups and my head is reconciling my habits with stuff I'm trying to add to my game.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 7

Since I did the 2 combo videos for each character now, ive moved onto when im bored actually fiddling with trying to get max damage in the game. So here is a potential for ryu right now. Level 1 no gems.. Id theorize that max would be something that gets you to 6k, then sweep, fireball, super fireball. A very specific quota but the way the teching is. It seems to be the case. Ending combos with a air combo is not optimal if going for max damage as they are some of the first moves to take effect on the tech buffer here after you use your slide. So those are probably the 2 main things you want to waste and get rid of as soon as possible. Of course I could have just fireball wave dashed at the beginning but I was trying to at least make it somewhat logistically possible to happen in a real match.

not quite as exciting as this one eh?

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,065

Shut up ape.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,207
    YMDSLTSAC wrote: »

What was so bad about it?

Just about everything?
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    https://streamable.com/otgi6
    https://streamable.com/itkqb

The results of me staying up all night to lab Arthur combos.

Goodnight.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    @Kalyx triaD you should do thors taunt while you are waiting for dantes hyper to end. just a suggestion.
  • stormdetonationstormdetonation CFN: nexoninja Joined: Posts: 367

rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes.gif

I was gonna ask If Ghost Rider is on your radar for some vids, but looks like you just leaked it.

Lookin forward to it.
    GhostTear wrote: »
    @Kalyx triaD you should do thors taunt while you are waiting for dantes hyper to end. just a suggestion.

I used to to do that all the time but I much rather a) Hammer Down mixup if they're blocking or b) downward Mighty Strike at the end for the neutral ground tech for special or hyper grab. And if A works out B is gonna happen anyway. I could do the taunt and then go for the dive attack anyway, but that's too dependent on when he last left to be early enough. The recovery from the taunt could make me miss my chance to dive on them, and the meter gained in that brief moment isn't worth the risk imo.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,407
    Not really optimized at all but some rough ideas

• MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,183
    Frank West feels like one the most effective characters to active switch out of special moves, his stuff can put opponents on blockstrings for quite some time. Not only that, some moves have slow enough start up that maybe a left/right mixup can be done. Then other times, you can do a semi-slow move, active switch to him and do his roll immediately, I love it lol.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    edited October 7
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Frank West feels like one the most effective characters to active switch out of special moves, his stuff can put opponents on blockstrings for quite some time. Not only that, some moves have slow enough start up that maybe a left/right mixup can be done. Then other times, you can do a semi-slow move, active switch to him and do his roll immediately, I love it lol.

He has a pretty good support kit. Until level 5 hes really bad imo. I think FW even in Level 5 is the worst char in the game. Still way to early to tell IMO
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,722 mod
    Doesn't seem like anybody knows where Frank is right now. I figured Frank Dante would at least see some tourney representation early on.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    Yeah instead of the servbot head run I wish they gave him shopping cart as a move like the assist in mvc3. They function the same so I don't know why they changed it. :( I always wanted shopping cart as a reg move.

I think setting up for frank is even harder in this game because neutral is so important and he has kinda bad neutral tools and conversion tools esp at lvl 1. If you rely on your other char to level up frank you essentially are fighting a 2v1. But then again I only put limited time in before I switched so I could be wrong but unlike Mvc3 I didn't see level 5 as so big of a boost to be worth it to put the time in. The air throw could be amazing for resets if you know how to set up the unblockables
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The more I play this game the more I realize how throwing stupid shit out is way too effective for a supposedly competitive game. It's like risk/reward only exists when you majorly fuck up otherwise it's derp city.

It's fun and addictive but every match makes it harder to take it seriously.. i thought injustice had braindead moves but man this game ups the stakes by infinity (heh).

.MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | Ghost Rider/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    edited October 7
    The more I play this game the more I realize how throwing stupid shit out is way too effective for a supposedly competitive game. It's like risk/reward only exists when you majorly fuck up otherwise it's derp city.

It's fun and addictive but every match makes it harder to take it seriously.. i thought injustice had braindead moves but man this game ups the stakes by infinity (heh).

Marvel is about fighting oppression. It's the original super hero fighter so it's made to be over the top and derpy. It's not supposed to be an honest risk reward game. That defeats the purpose of Marvel. Might as well just be any other anime fighter or KOF game at that point.

You find new oppressions to beat the current oppressions. This is the bad game

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    Marvel is a series where u play by a mix of feel and a strong sprinkling of luck. frame data and careful examination of little nuances will help you do special combo video stuff but theres not a lot of time to really be meticulous. just find your comfort zone and make the other player adapt to your speed
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    Plus the most historic champion of the game has been a king of neutral and fundamentals from a long while back. Training with honest Eddie Lee

• TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Marvel is about fighting oppression. It's the original super hero fighter so it's made to be over the top and derpy. It's not supposed to be an honest risk reward game. That defeats the purpose of Marvel. Might as well just be any other anime fighter or KOF game at that point.

You find new oppressions to beat the current oppressions. This is the bad game

I feel that over the top and mindless aren't the same thing, and MvCi leans more towards the latter.
    Having to call in an assist for cover into an attempted mixup or to stop an approach while isn't exactly the best risk/reward scenario still involves some risk, needs a proper thought process and the opponent has options to deal with the approach even with the assist's cover. At best you get 2-3 mixup attempts.
    This game however anything becomes a blockstring/lockdown which is just dumb, god help you if it's something with armor or a multi-hit move. You gotta hold at least 3 mixups especially if they have a beam super, that's just a "block till you eventually get hit" scenario which is far too easy to set up.
    Also fuck tag-ins being a hit, that is easily my most hated thing in this game. The amount of stupid shit you can do with that alone is insane.
    I'm (overall) enjoying the game so far and wanted to stick with it for the long run but I can't see myself dealing with how mind-numbingly stupid this game can be played after a few months.
    This game's concept however already sold me on avoiding that Blazblue X irrelevant IPs game, 2vs2 can eat 2 dicks.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | Ghost Rider/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,183
    This may have been discussed already, but there is damage fall off in the game regarding beams... I have a feeling this was done due to chip kills from full screen beams that were present in previous entries, anyone else feel this way? It kinda does make sense when you think how chip damage in the game seems a lot shorter than in the other Marvel games.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
    im in the lab messing with time stone and jedah. linking d.hp to standing hk. i can only land 2 though. tried tagging to prevent the 2nd ground bounce but ugh. trying to get my scythes in. =(
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,739
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    This may have been discussed already, but there is damage fall off in the game regarding beams... I have a feeling this was done due to chip kills from full screen beams that were present in previous entries, anyone else feel this way? It kinda does make sense when you think how chip damage in the game seems a lot shorter than in the other Marvel games.

It's not damage fall off, it's that beams do less hits the further you are from your opponent:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11446627#Comment_11446627
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    https://go.twitch.tv/bifuteki

chrigs spotted
    yipes and jameschen
    MvCi is, imo, far more honest than MvC3. The business between combos are more involved because at the risk of making a scrubquote; MvC3 always appeared a lil route and braindead to me.

I think the same thing from SFxT is happening: This game has an emphasis on neutral and mixup and gracious ways to escape things and in my observation that's really odd to some people.

YouTube.com/Kalyx