The 2017-2018 NFL and FFL thread: longest play to end a game ever.

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,900
    rcaido wrote: »
    Nothing sincere about that apology...He just did it so the rest of his sponsors dont bail. If he had nothing to lose, he wouldn't have apologize.

I agree that he wouldn't have bothered if there wasn't backlash, but at the very least he sounded sincere. He could've easily just sent out a typical text "apology" but he at least went the extra mile.

I honestly think Cam isn't a sexist, he's just an idiot.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 287
    Nothing sincere about that apology...He just did it so the rest of his sponsors dont bail. If he had nothing to lose, he wouldn't have apologize.

Shouldn't that reporter be held to the same standard as Cam? ESPN failed to debate or discuss her past tweets. It's just strange because she was playing the victim card really hard then bam. She issued an apology tweet about her past remarks. Couldn't I say the same thing about her apology not being sincere? Maybe she should have made an apology video like Cam.......I' just saying
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,374
    Naw he is a sexist and an idiot...Probably majority of the NFL players are like that or pretty much most male athletes in general but not all of them are dumb enough to say it out loud. When he is winning or losing, Cam has a hard time hiding how he is feeling. He is remorseful now because he just lost a lot of money & people think of him in a different light.

Shouldn't that reporter be held to the same standard as Cam? ESPN failed to debate or discuss her past tweets. It's just strange because she was playing the victim card really hard then bam. She issued an apology tweet about her past remarks. Couldn't I say the same thing about her apology not being sincere? Maybe she should have made an apology video like Cam.......I' just saying

I dont think anybody gives a fuck about that reporter...With that said i dont think she needs to apologize nor does Cam. Most people which im including myself wont take his/her apology sincere. None of what these two said affects me in any anyway. They done enough damage to themselves & an apology wont do shit to erase that.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 287

I dont think anybody gives a fuck about that reporter...With that said i dont think she needs to apologize nor does Cam. Most people which im including myself wont take his/her apology sincere. None of what these two said affects me in any anyway. They done enough damage to themselves & an apology wont do shit to erase that.

Yeah, I really don't give a shit about these two idiots either. It's just if your going to start a circus out of nothing then fail to hold both sides to the same standard. The shit is just noticeable. And people care enough about that reporter to make her a headline.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This was all about getting her name out there, that is why she pushed the issue. She is trying to get famous for this.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 2,038
    So a black guy insults a racist white woman in a America where our own elected leader belittles woman on Twitter while in office and we are suppose to give a shit about this story?

So looks like Tampa is gonna keep Folk barring someone having a great tryout.... Nugent is the best confirmed tryout option. So sad that the season even with Martin coming back will be won or lost by Nick Folk... FML and R.I.P season...

giphy.gif

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,311
    jae hoon wrote: »
    This was all about getting her name out there, that is why she pushed the issue. She is trying to get famous for this.

I disagree man. I think she was just offended. You gotta remember, it's 2017, everyone gets super offended by everything these days. No one just let's anything go.
    FrostyAU wrote: »

I disagree man. I think she was just offended. You gotta remember, it's 2017, everyone gets super offended by everything these days. No one just let's anything go.

I would tend to believe that if she didn't try to do everything she could to make sure her racist comments didn't get out. She is in it for gain.

I would tend to believe that if she didn't try to do everything she could to make sure her racist comments didn't get out. She is in it for gain.

Every news story reported is ultimately about gain. Guess what, even if she kept her mouth shut, ESPN still would've ran with the story for a month. The only thing that changes here is the fact that she's ultimately shown to be just as much an idiot as Cam.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Every news story reported is ultimately about gain. Guess what, even if she kept her mouth shut, ESPN still would've ran with the story for a month. The only thing that changes here is the fact that she's ultimately shown to be just as much an idiot as Cam.

Yeah make np mistake Cam made a dumb comment but he wasn't trying to be malicious. I quit watching ESPN years ago outside games and I have learned more about sports than I knew before. That channel is cancer.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Yeah make np mistake Cam made a dumb comment but he wasn't trying to be malicious. I quit watching ESPN years ago outside games and I have learned more about sports than I knew before. That channel is cancer.

You don't learn about sports watching TV (outside of watching the actual sport itself of course), that's always been the case even in its infancy.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,311
    One of the biggest problems is you've got shit like NFL network and every network that shows football has their own hot-take shows and they literally run out of stuff to talk about. I feel it's at it's worst around draft time but even midseason like you're seeing now news can dry up a bit.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,800
    One of the biggest problems is you've got shit like NFL network and every network that shows football has their own hot-take shows and they literally run out of stuff to talk about. I feel it's at it's worst around draft time but even midseason like you're seeing now news can dry up a bit.

It's shit like this why some commentators are hating on Romo in the booth... The guy just talks about football and it drives them nuts because they've been trained to talk about everything BUT the actual game being played.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Romo has been great in the booth, he does what Steve Young used to do.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

sooo yall not gonna talk about the internet diggin up her old tweets about racist jokes and saying nigga ?? lol
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »

sooo yall not gonna talk about the internet diggin up her old tweets about racist jokes and saying nigga ?? lol

Fucker, did you bother to read the topic?
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    So a black guy insults a racist white woman in a America where our own elected leader belittles woman on Twitter while in office and we are suppose to give a shit about this story?

So looks like Tampa is gonna keep Folk barring someone having a great tryout.... Nugent is the best confirmed tryout option. So sad that the season even with Martin coming back will be won or lost by Nick Folk... FML and R.I.P season...

giphy.gif

....i was for sure yall would have a new kicker....yall really keeping him? i mean, i understand everyone goes through rough patches, there was a year mason crosby was missing more field goals than usual, but he bounced back the next year and killed it....but this folk guy...is missing dam near everything.....
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,789
    edited October 7
    Shannon on Dannon. Which I believe is true
  • kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,102
    5893_B255-8592-4960-9346-_C49_B7282_B3_E7.jpg

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

@kaz did you tell these dudes not trade with me in league 2 or what?

LOL. I didn't but I had to get out and bother people until I got someone to bite on an offer. I'm not even a fan of Melvin Gordon but he's a better RB than what I had. For some reason or another, people are like I wanna make a trade, you offer them something and they don't even deny the offer of they don't like it - it just sits there and expires. They don't even try to make a counter offer.

What are you trying to trade for?
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Daddy needs a rb. Been barely hanging on ever since David Johnson went down.

Pretty much everyone on my team can be had for the right price.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,532
    I just thought of something. Isn't each team only supposed to get one MNF game? If so why do the Vikings get two?
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,295
    Each team gets a Thursday night game. Not Monday night.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    They just advertised Vikings vs Bears this Monday.
    SFV - Balrog
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just watch college football instead. Problem solved.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,498
    Sometimes I wonder how people love College football when they have even more commercials than NFL games at least that's what it feels like to me.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    That's because unlike the NFL you usually have a personal stake for a college team. Most cheer for a college team because they go to/went to that school so it's a personal pride or they represent your area so it's more or less your home team. It doesn't matter where you live in the US. You're guaranteed to be represented when it comes to college sports. You don't get that with pro sports.
    SFV - Balrog
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In pro sports, you get much better sports though. So......

I’m not a big fan of watching an inferior product.
    College has more commercials so the NCAA and schools can make more money to not pay athletes while they get it under the table from apparel companies.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    Man Detroit dropping so many passes.
    Are we finally gonna have a comfortable win? Torrey Smith unbusting? Carson Wentz looks fucking unstoppable today.
    NELSON FUCKING AGHOLOR!
    Stupid Cards, i needed that TD
    I...can't say enough good about the Eagles today, played fantastically against a team that's usually our specter. The only downside, Lane might miss the next game if he's in the protocol. No way he'd get cleared by Thursday. Hopefully the Lions continue to tire out Carolina.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ANOTHER INJURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO WHY

Raiders haven't faced a team this good and the defense will sack the QB AND I WISH IT WAS CARR
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel